PDA

View Full Version : Darkness/Madness Cleric Build- in flavor

RFLS
2012-04-30, 05:28 PM
Hey, everyone, I have a build request. We're currently working on a recurring villain for our campaign. We're trying to find a solid build that's in character for her, and have gotten squat so far. Any build needs to be in character; I'll give a brief backstory/characterization below, and then a description of where I'm at now.

Backstory- Cathael(name subject to change) was the daughter of a family living in a monastery dedicated to Pelor. She was a precocious child, and talented both mentally and physically. During the winter of her 9th year, Lolth appeared to her, and gifted her with incredible powers, and visions of a terrible future. These visions drove her insane for a time, and when she was herself again, everything around her was destroyed. Her family, friends, and the priests of the monastery were all dead, either ripped to pieces or whole, with looks of terror on their faces. The monastery itself was nothing more than flaming rubble. When she realized what she had done, she was immobilized with grief and fury. Lolth came to her once more, and sheltered her. Cathael promised eternal servitude for Lolth's help, and Lolth promised her great power over the world.

Domains are Darkness and Madness. She's a hombrew race mix of Drow and Elf, taking the benefits from both and dropping the light sensitivity. She'll be very much a battle mage, wearing full plate and wielding either sword/shield, sword/sword, or greatsword.

She's ~20 years old(Homebrew- Elves mature as fast as humans, and just stay adults longer. They're also ~6' because I hate the DMG description). Pale skin, dark eyes and hair. She has a powerful build for an elf, but is still lithe compared to a human. She is also strikingly beautiful. As mentioned above, she wears full plate in combat. Out of combat, she tends towards flowing clothes that hide her physical prowess. The sheer force of her personality tends to make her appear taller than she actually is.

Tl;dr- Cleric of Lolth. She's mad, but Hitler mad, not Joker mad. Wears Full Plate and wields a sword of some sort. Darkness and Madness domains. Prophet of doom feel going on.

I'm looking for the following-

Viable PrC
Enchants for armor and sword
Pointers at in-character spells that aren't core
Feats

It all needs to be in character, but if something's a "must have" for this kind of character, we're capable of reflavoring.