PDA

View Full Version : Gantz RPG?

Tvtyrant
2012-04-30, 06:46 PM
Is there a Gantz based RPG out there? If not, what systems would be good to run a Gantz campaign within?

TheOOB
2012-04-30, 07:48 PM
Lets see, extremely lethal, and ******* overpowering overlord, unknown enemies, dangerous equiptment, characters who spend just as much time killer eachother as their foes, unclear rules, sounds like a job for the Paranoia system.

Tvtyrant
2012-04-30, 07:53 PM
Lets see, extremely lethal, and ******* overpowering overlord, unknown enemies, dangerous equiptment, characters who spend just as much time killer eachother as their foes, unclear rules, sounds like a job for the Paranoia system.

Many thanks, I will look into it.

UserClone
2012-04-30, 08:59 PM
Also, when asking for help of this type, it's helpful to link to the source material, or at least expound upon it yourself. For example, what the **** is Gantz?

Tvtyrant
2012-04-30, 09:44 PM
Also, when asking for help of this type, it's helpful to link to the source material, or at least expound upon it yourself. For example, what the **** is Gantz?
Gantz is a manga that is not exactly safe to link to. The basic premise is that people who die sometimes get ported to a room from which they are sent to fight aliens. If they die in the alien fights, they die altogether, but if they live through the fights they return to the real world until they are called away to the next fight.

Each character gets a suit that boosts them up to super human speed and strength, but by around chapter 50 they have fallen behind the aliens in power again and rely on wits and tactics more and more to win fights. They use guns that have a delay to them, and then cause the thing shot to explode as well as extendable swords. The aliens can take a variety of forms, including so far: Buddha, Dinosaurs, Shinto gods, and vampires/demons.

STsinderman
2012-05-01, 06:25 PM
Not just a manga but a kick ass anime!

nyarlathotep
2012-05-01, 07:21 PM

The idea that anyone, even people who liked the manga, liked the Gantz anime is baffling.

STsinderman
2012-05-01, 07:47 PM
The idea that anyone, even people who liked the manga, liked the Gantz anime is baffling.

Just as baffling as how anyone who enjoys anime can share such an opinion.

Tvtyrant
2012-05-01, 08:16 PM
I oddly enough don't like anime much, but I love manga. Mostly due to pacing, I read quickly and tend to go through a lot of chapters at a time.

TheOOB
2012-05-02, 01:26 AM

The anime was great until the end of the third mission when it just kind of goes to hell.

Hybban
2012-05-03, 09:33 AM
For the sheer crazyness and various level of powers, RIFTS. And I'm not kidding.

Otherwise, Marvel Heroic RPG (the one just released). You give power sets depending on weaponry and armor, and depending on the alien strength, you vary the doom pool.

I really like the manga, haven't seen the anime and have thouroughly enjoyed the 2 movies.

Tvtyrant
2012-05-03, 07:11 PM
I will look into those. The Marvel one is reasonably priced, but I doubt I would even use it for a normal game, so if I don't like it for this it would simply go in my collection along with DRYH and AFMBE.