PDA

View Full Version : Trophy Collector

GutterFace
2012-04-30, 07:55 PM
I am making a Factotumn (Human Level 5), no dips as of yet.

I was interested in taking Trophy Collector since i have a feat slot open that i would like to fill with something fun.

We will be playing a Horror campaign and since my base will save is poor (12 Wis), even with my inspiration points, i thought this feat would be a fun way to bolster Fear saves, and possibly make some spare gold.

Am i wasting an early Feat? I plan on making a wand using Factotumn so i wont be getting into the fray too much since we have a Crusader up in the mix.

Discuss!

Doughnut Master
2012-04-30, 11:30 PM
I never really saw the point of that feat. The mechanical benefits are marginal. It seems like it exists mostly for flavor...in which case, you don't need a feat. You can just do it.

TroubleBrewing
2012-05-01, 06:58 AM
There's a small amount of support, maybe one or two more feats, in PHB2 that might help you out.

Ryulin18
2012-05-01, 07:26 AM
Try taking font of inspiration again and again. The more you take it the better. Can never get enough inspiration.

Just in case:
1 font feat - +1 inspiration
2nd font - +2
3rd - +3

thats 6 inspirations for 3 feats.

GutterFace
2012-05-01, 09:44 AM
I thought Font of Inspiration could not exceed my current Factotum level. which means i can only take Font 2 times which i did.

i have the third feat free thats where i wanted to slide in trophy collector.

Morph Bark
2012-05-01, 09:57 AM
I thought Font of Inspiration could not exceed my current Factotum level. which means i can only take Font 2 times which i did.

i have the third feat free thats where i wanted to slide in trophy collector.

Nope, the only limitation is this: "The maximum number of times you can take this feat is equal to your Intelligence modifier."

GutterFace
2012-05-01, 10:08 AM
amazing! i will have to take that then.

Elric VIII
2012-05-01, 11:11 AM
amazing! i will have to take that then.

Don't let that stop you from wearing the entrails of your enemies as stylish garments. I had a player do this, so I just gave him that feat. :smallbiggrin:

Venger
2012-05-02, 05:58 AM
if you're set on the trophy thing, snatch trophy from champions of ruin also fits, and it sets you up for bloodsoaked intimidation if your factotum was going the wintimidator route. you may also look into the not-terrible leviathan hunter prc from stormwrack, which is structured around wearing trophies from your fallen enemies to grant additional protection against them.