PDA

View Full Version : [PF] - Mr T.

Blyte
2012-04-30, 07:57 PM
problem: amulet of mighty fists are very expensive beyond the +1 mark.

possible solution: wear multiple amulets of mighty fist 'BANE X'

question: what happens when you wear multiple magic items in the same slot, say you have 10 rings on. can you choose which two are in effect at any given time, and can you also choose which necklace is in effect at any given time?

grarrrg
2012-04-30, 08:35 PM
problem: amulet of mighty fists are very expensive beyond the +1 mark.

possible solution: wear multiple amulets of mighty fist 'BANE X'

question: what happens when you wear multiple magic items in the same slot, say you have 10 rings on. can you choose which two are in effect at any given time, and can you also choose which necklace is in effect at any given time?

:smallfrown:
Was expecting a Mr. T build.
:smallfrown:

Good start: at least 4 levels of WhiteBlack-Haired Witch (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/witch/archetypes/paizo---witch-archetypes/white-haired-witch).
You can attack with your Mohawk up to 10ft. dealing 1d4+Int damage per attack. Your Mohawk can Grapple and/or can make a Trip attempt (Free Action) after a successful strike.

Ernir
2012-04-30, 08:56 PM

See here.here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicItemBasics.htm#magicItemsOnTheBody). Additional items have no effect.

Assuming "additional items" refers to items that were equipped later than some other item for that item slot, only the item equipped first is in effect - others don't do anything.

There is no mechanism presented for changing what items are active.

Blyte
2012-04-30, 09:03 PM
Mr. T don't like suckas sayin his extra necklaces don't work.

unfortunately, this is what I feared and seems to be a reasonable interpretation.

so, what is the action economy cost to switch out a necklace?

anyhow I was considering a monk with shaolin style prayer beads. each one being a different bane stone and he simply flips the beads to monster type [x] (swift action) and engages the monster type [x].

seriously wishing my DM allowed brass knucks, this would work easily with quickdraw.

Ernir
2012-04-30, 09:37 PM
so, what is the action economy cost to switch out a necklace?

Manipulating an item (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/actionsInCombat.htm#manipulateanItem) is generally a move action. So one move action to take the old necklace off, another to put a new one on.

I wouldn't consider it an unreasonable houserule to combine the two movements into one single move action, if you already have the items physically present. YMMV.

Larpus
2012-05-01, 10:48 AM
Well, you don't really manipulate it (at least, not necessarily), if you have both equipped you either deactivate the old one and activate the new one or activate the new one and it "forces" the old one out of commission.

Depending on the method activation I'd say it can go as low as a swift action, but from a more DMy standpoint, move action is safer to discourage too much gear switching.