PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder adventures with archeology?? or Indiana Jones time!

AzazelSephiroth
2012-05-01, 02:21 AM
Hello there Playgrounders,

Recently I have been given the chance to play a solo campaign but the GM is very busy and thus has said that I am in charge of finding pre-made adventures for her to use!
She has no problem fixing them on the fly for a solo player so that is not an issue, what is an issue is the fact that we both want to play a game with an "Indiana Jones" feel. Yet I have no idea of any, if there are any Pathfinder (or 3.5) pre-made adventures that involve ancient artifacts of the mundane variety. I know we can always re-fluff some existing stories with made up MacGuffins but I was hoping there might be an adventure or two out there with this type of feel and story already... and if there is I am sure the Giant in the Playgrounders would know of it!:smallsmile:

So please any and all, if you have read, played, GM`d any pre-made modules or adventures with an Indiana Jones feel let me know! Any and all levels are okay as we hope to play up to 20 (assuming time and life permits)

Thank you all in advance!!!

Corlindale
2012-05-01, 09:08 AM
The Serpent Skull adventure path for pathfinder is all about exploring ancient temples in mysterious jungles. Would require some modification to work for solo adventures, though.

Also, the Archaeologist archetype for the bard would make a great PC for such an adventure (not surprisingly :smallsmile:).

Corlindale
2012-05-01, 09:09 AM
The Serpent Skull adventure path for pathfinder is all about exploring ancient temples in mysterious jungles. Would require some modification to work for solo adventures, though.

Also, the Archaeologist archetype for the bard would make a great PC for such an adventure (not surprisingly :smallsmile:).

grarrrg
2012-05-01, 11:35 AM

Pathfinder Delver (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/n-r/pathfinder-delver) is also flavorfully appropriate (earliest entry at 6th)

navar100
2012-05-01, 12:07 PM
A Samurai shows up. Samurai is an archetype for Cavalier. He uses his feat Dazzling Display showing off with his sword. You shoot him dead. You're a Gunslinger.

:smallbiggrin:

Andorax
2012-05-01, 12:53 PM
Many Eberron adventures have an "Indiana Jones" feel to them. One of the best, to my recollection, is a 3-parter from Dungeon Magazines #123, 124 and 125. The "Shards of Eberron" adventure arc, with Crypt of Crimson Stars, Temple of the Scorpion God and Pit of the Fire Lord, wherein...

The PCs are tasked with recovering a powerful "Dragonshard" (giant gemstone with magical powers) from a crypt somewhere in the Talenta Plains...dealing with traps, undead guardians, and dinosaur-riding tribal halflings.

The PCs travel to a jungle continent and make their way to an ancient giant ruin, there to snatch a second powerful Dragonshard away from the Drow that worship its resting place as an ancient shrine, and the Dragon who's taken an interest in it.

The PCs return to Sharn (metropolis of massive towers), only to discover that the first shard they found is being used to set off a volcanic explosion underneith the city, and only the second shard they're recently recovered can stop the devistation.

Now...does that sound Indiana Jones enough for you? And all very adaptable to solo play if a DM can balance the abilities and "creative problem solving" approaches properly.

AzazelSephiroth
2012-05-01, 09:18 PM
Wow thanks guys! I did not know about the Archaeologist archetype! :smallcool: Pathfinder SRD for the win!
And those Eberron adventures sound very much like what we were looking for... shouldnt be too hard to update to Pathfinder!:smallsmile:

If anyone has anymore faves please feel free to share but these sound like a great starting point!

ngilop
2012-05-01, 09:33 PM
Best part with archaeologist.. Bards get free whip proficiency.

I only got to start and run through half teh first 'chapter' of that cmpaingbeucase me alwasy signing This song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF5yy168xXI).. plus me alwasy saying ' wheres the nazis!!!' damn me getting to into character.. mayeb wtahng the entirety of the troligy ddn' thelp matter at all..