PDA

View Full Version : Misplaced Identity IC

BlackestOfMages
2012-05-01, 09:12 AM
The changing of the guard indicates another day passing; the only measure of time you have available to you. One bland face replaced with another. One would think after years of imprisonment you would know these faces, but their weekly processes have stripped you of your memories. Maybe a phantom of the past remains, but these faces could well be masks for all you know. Once more, as it has so many times in the past few years, the doors to your cells rattle open, to destroy these past seven days as they have every other

The muffled sound of sirens fills the air, quietened by the thick walls of the compound. The guards seem to sitr, leaving the vaults of the nest silent except the soft whispers of those imprisoned.

Faint light fills the Nest from flickering candles. Oddly, for once, there are no signs of the guards. The air is chill, and your breath frosts before you. From within the shadows, you hear a faint voice whispering to you, promising one thing, a concept you have never forgotten. “freedom”

The sound of a hundred roaring voices fills the Nest, echoing throughout the vaults until they reach the hidden cells where you were kept. The door of your cells swing open, yet for once no guards enter to drag you to processing.

From the room you were contained in there are four exits. One, what little fragments of the past remain tells you leads to the room where you where oft interrogated them your mind erased in an endless cycle. From another you can hear the voices loudest, the sound of battle and bloodshed. You have no knowledge of the east or northwards two doors.

OOC thread

EchoKnight
2012-05-01, 10:10 AM
The soft orange hum of the muffled alarm awoke Nicola from her rest. Her tired eyes scanned across the room as she exited her cell. The cold, hard stone floor, still unfamiliar thanks to whatever has they had been doing to her, was not evenly paved, so she moved slowly.

As Nicola gazed at the doors, she recongised the one which had led to her present state, the one that took away her mind, her will. It was all she could not to shudder or cry out at the entrance to...whatever it was that ate at her mind. No. Not now, not ever. thought the girl. Never again.

Moving on to the western door, she could see the tell-tale sounds of battle, the angry red of angry screams, the sheer grey of metal clashing on metal. A nostalgic feeling washed over Nicola, as her pulse quickened and mouth watered a little. I can fight. I am meant to fight. But what of the others?

Even as her eyes drifted towards the eastern and northern doors, Nicola breathed deeply before trying to speak to the other prisioners. "Hello?" Nicola whispered, her voice weak from disuse. "Are you all awake? I..."

Nicola's voice trailed off as she processed the scent (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Scent)s coming from the northern door, in the hopes of shedding more light on their options. After all, I can't leave the others. And Chie... The thought of the young girl in the cell next to her own nearly caused Nicola to lose composure. I almost remember her.

"We need a plan We will never get better chance to leave." Nicola said, her voice stronger now, as she turned toward her companions. "Anyone with an idea?" The question nearly caused Nicola to smile, but she managed to keep her stone-like neutral expression. I think I missed this...

Princess Tracy
2012-05-01, 11:05 AM
Chie lies still at first, utterly motionless; then in a fashion exclusive to those of youth, a flash of energy overtakes her, and with a showy spring forward projects herself onto her feet, fully awake. She yawns.

Ah, what a week. What's all this then?

She looks around, at the doors. Ooh, maybe we're being let out. Seeing the grl poking around the doors , she makes at first to greet her loudly, but shows more caution as it dawns on her she seems to be listening out for something. Perking her ears and rubbing off her grogginess, she listens in to the sound of battle.

"Oh, nothing good can come of that." Che brushes the dust from her clothes, dull and prisonwear though they may be, straightens herself up and clears her throat, waving wildly. "Hello, nice lady. I always wondered what was on the other side of those doors, so why don't we go find out? Also, does anyone else hear soem voice saying 'freedom'. I sometimes hear inanimate objects speaking to me, so maybe I'm just crazy."

Chie leaves her cell, stretching as she goes to join Nicola's side. "I'm pretty quick on my feet when I need to be, if you wnat to make a dash for it, though maybe the old farts over there have a better idea. You guys awake yet?"

Spacewolf
2012-05-01, 11:19 AM
"Well I’m going down that hallway there" says Robb while gesturing towards the Interrogation room “All I remember is a few hazy scenes of something important and being dragged out of that room god knows how many times, so I’m bloody well going to find out what they did to me while I was in there then maybe I can find out why I was brought here. If you want to work together then let me scout ahead and I will shout if it’s all clear. Considering how much noise is coming from above it they should be too busy to bother us for now so it should be safe for you to leave if you don't want to come and i will catch you up i'm sure” after he has finished speaking Robb flashes them his cockiest grin as a reassurance and heads down the passageway.

(some rolls below)

Hide check
[roll0]

Spot Check to see if there are any enemies once i'm in the room and to see if there is anything useful in there
[roll1]

Listen check for enemies and to try and peice together more about what's happening upstairs
[roll2]

EchoKnight
2012-05-01, 11:37 AM
A smile danced behind Nicola's eyes when Chie came running out, though it never reached her face."I am sure you are, little one. Good to see you again," Nicola agreed, "and no, you aren't the only one who heard it."

Thinking back on that voice, Nicola leaned back onto the northern door. A man's voice, blue like the sky broke her short lived reveire. He actaully wanted to go into that room. Shaking her head, Nicola answered in the pale white voice of a monotone. "We remain together unless absolutly nessicary. Chie?" Nicola asked, unsure of her memories of the child's name. "Will you accompany us?"

Princess Tracy
2012-05-01, 01:52 PM
Chie grins widely at Nicola. "Don't have anywhere else I should be! Or do I? Hm.... I think I WAS in the middle of something. But, it's not like I'm going to accomplish it by staying here, right?" She giggles, chiper. "Quite an energetic man, isn't he? Come on, lady, let's go follow him. What's the worst that could happen?" she asks, though more commands - clearly not teh sort of person one can argue with. "So what do I call you? You knowing my name is a bit of a disadvantage, cheating lady!"

EchoKnight
2012-05-01, 05:50 PM
Nicola wondered breifly about what it was the little child was up to, before the happy little girl 'requested' that they follow the blue-voiced man. Nicola would have prefered to question the door first, but it can not be helped as he had already reached the door. Still, Nicola tried to not to think of the answer to Chie's second question.

Walking slowly toward the place where their captors tried to destroy her mind, Nicola braced herself. And was taken completly off guard. "So what do I call you? You knowing my name is a bit of a disadvantage, cheating lady!" The voice caused Nicola to pause for a moment, as the older girl tried not to let the pain show.

"Nicola. My name is Nicola," the spaniard repiled. Turning her head to look at the enthusastic questioner as they approached the southern door. So, she's already had her 'treatment'...

Princess Tracy
2012-05-01, 06:25 PM
It is said that children have a strong innate ability to sense emotion; perhaps their lack of words forces their reliance upon feeling, upon faces, just as a blind man's ears and scent might sharpen to compensate, while a man with sight might allow his other senses to dull in overreliance. Perhaps that is why Nicola's slightest quirks pique Chie's current interest.

Chie stops in her tracks, eyeing up her clear elder, cocking a thin eyebrow at her observation. "You feeling all right, Nicola-lady? Are you hurt somewhere? Or...?" After failing to get an instant response from her still fast-talikng, she takes to the air, jumping as high as she can to enter Nicola's field of vision. "You need a hug or something? You look kinda... sad, I think."

EchoKnight
2012-05-01, 06:45 PM
Internally Nicola cursed her weakness. Focus. Steel is cold and hard, yeilding only when it must. Be the Steel. Crouching down on the sone floor so the little one did not have to jump, Nicola breathed in deeply before repling.

"I'll be fine, thank you Chie. I simply do not wish to forget again, or for anyone else to either," Nicola anwsered carefully, knowing that she is a very bad liar. The words came out a great deal warmer than Nicola intened, but then again even steel yeilds when it must. And it is foolish to deny that I am fond of her.

Her duty done, Nicola stood up once more and turned back towards the door. Just in case.

Princess Tracy
2012-05-01, 06:54 PM
Chie ponders a moment, then pats Nicola on the head before she remains in her reach. "'kay then, whatever you say, Nici-.... Nico... I had it a second ago. Nicky. That's your new name. Come on, Nicky, let's see how well that man's look into the interrogation room is going. Maybe we can INTERROGATE it out of someone why we're in here and how to leave. Speaking of, HEY, HOW GOES THE STEALTH?" she asked in the oddest loud-whisper that human vocal chords can produce.

Dire Reverend
2012-05-02, 12:36 AM
Tessa walks through the door to her cell. "Freedom?" she said to herself aloud. "What did I do to come wherever this place is?"

Unless stopped, Tessa walks to the northern door and goes through it.

EchoKnight
2012-05-02, 02:08 AM
Nicola sighed softly as she turned to the pale girl who just spoke. "We stay together. He," said the hellbringer, gesturing to the blue voiced man, "believes the answer to your second question lies behind the southern door. Please do not leave yet." Nicola's voice faltered from the monotone toward the end, as she stepped toward the new addition.

BlackestOfMages
2012-05-02, 07:32 AM
Robb begins his procession down towards the interrogation room, his footsteps echoing alone in the wide corridor. Along the walls are signs of sruggle, slight ruts in the old stone floor where things have been dragged across them, the odd brown smear of dried bloody handprint where people have fought. As you walk down the corridor, your mind fills with phantoms of sounds, of screams long past. the faintest memory of words, too twisted and broken to be made out.
At the end of the corridor, you come across a small, circular chamber, dominated by a single huge stone slab, surrounded on all sides by a number of odd techollogical looking devices and many, much more understandable, blades, brands and whips. A collection of highly exotic tools sits on a small table near the central slab. At the back of the room is a shinigami spawled against the back wall, a vicious carving knife through his skull.

Tessa tries the northern door, finding it oppening eaisly. Inside she can see a cold stone passageway, which splits into two a few feet away. She can feel a strong breeze flowing through the rightmost passageway. Nicola's sensing from before indicate a strong feeling of dread from that direction.

Princess Tracy
2012-05-02, 08:37 AM
Chie comes bolting down the corridor after Robb, grinding to a halt as she comes into room. With a flick of her wrist, she conjures light and then immediately wishes she hadn't as she looks upon the grim scene. Even her cheerfulness dampened, her heart sinks a moment before she takes a deep breath to muster herself and step forth. "We won't be staying here long," she seems to declare, though it sounds more like a question to Robb's ears, a pleading request.

Chie looks around for weapons, improvised or not, for a moment, giving a cursory look over the room for anything useful - particularly anything she coulkd use as a dagger or sword - including the dead shinigami's zanpakuto, if present, but not the knife in his head.

That done, she turns her body, but not her head to the knife. Her voice shaking, she addresses the blade itself in a moment of timidness, as if the knife itself was purposefully responsible for the man's death. Invoking the soul of the non-living thing, she calls out to it as she would another person, the light of fullbringing becoming apparent. "Excuse me, Mr. Knife. Do you know who killed this man?"

Dire Reverend
2012-05-02, 06:05 PM
Tessa looks to the person who just spoke to her.

"Uh, okay." She stays in the room.

EchoKnight
2012-05-02, 09:50 PM
A sigh of relief escaped Nicola's lips at the pale girl response. "Thank you. I am Nicola. I'm afraid I do not remember your name. could you please remind me?" Did I ever know her name? The oughts echoing in her mind, Nicola tried to stand straighter.

Walking over to the now open northern door, Nicola looked down the corridor at it branched into two. "The one on the right...it reeks of something...something dreadful," Nicola stated vaguely. Sniffingly somewhat harder, she tried to identify the offending odour.

Not sure if this is the right check but hey;
Survival check (identifing scent) [roll0]

Turalisj
2012-05-02, 10:20 PM
A tall man stepped out of one of the cells. His eyes were tired and a long black beard covered his face. He looked around and let out a deep breath. After a moment, he finally spoke. "The smell of death... is everywhere..."

He didn't remember why he was here. Or even who he was. But he did know that he needed to get out of here. Something told him in the back of his mind, a voice. And that voice was getting louder.

"Yo, Jack, get yer ass movin."

He really wished the voice would just shut up.

The-Mage-King
2012-05-03, 12:31 AM
The final door creaks open, a blond man walking out, pulling a glove onto his right hand and then straightening his tie.

"Feels good to be back in the old clothes," Artur says, flexing his hand to ensure the glove is on right. "Brings back the few memories I have left."

Glancing around the main room, he quickly makes his way to a plain steel longsword resting on a table, reclaiming it and its sheath and sliding them onto his left hip.

"Hm." He mutters, turning his attention to the few gathered in the main room and getting an idea of their composition. "It seems that the Root has a way of mocking me, doesn't it?"

Spacewolf
2012-05-03, 04:44 AM
Looking round the scene of so much pain, Robb found it hard to sympathise with the man before him obviously he was one of the Shinigami perhaps even part of the group that had captured him. Instead he looks around the room for something to use as a weapon finally finding a heavy cleaver he picks it up “This should do, at least I’m not totally defenseless now.” Turning back to the girl he says “You know knives aren’t really known for being talkative”

Princess Tracy
2012-05-03, 05:18 AM
Chie turns her head at the man, a look of discomfort on her face. "Can't you here them? All around us, the voices." When no look of comprehension or perking of ears becomes apparent, she regresses, feeling embarrassed. "I... I don't know why..."

Che ceases trying to draw out the voice, regressing to simply taking the Shinigami's zanpakuto. "He won't be needing it anymore, right? I guess... I don't feel SORRY for him, but..." She fails to even look at the scene of the corpse by way of more than a glance as she draws away from it.

Chie makes her way out of the room, down the corridor from whence she came. As she draws closer to the cells, coming within earshot of Nicola, she finds her pace increasing, her sadness melting away, until at last in the dim light of the room she comes running back in, an enthusiastic smile upon her face once more as she instinctually joins Nicola's side. "I'm back, Nicky-lady. And look! I got an unsheathed sword! maybe I should have taken the sheath, too... Ah well, I'll just have to be super double careful! "

BlackestOfMages
2012-05-03, 06:36 AM
Chie's interrogation of the knife reveals a slight phantom of spiritual pressure, as well as a fingerprint. She also feels a sense of profound sorrow from the blade at what it has been used for in its last act.

Nicola's survival skills re unable to detect what the danger she feels is, as it is a spiritual feeling (Try sense spiritual power, a use for Sense Motive :))

you still have oyour fullbring etc with you. You where allowed to keep them to garner false hope of escape, to increase dispair. as such, you shouldn't need an improvised weapon.

especially since Nicola is already using hers, since she's in her half-hollow state, which comes with turning her fullbring on (7 uses remaining today).

and since your a fullbringer, I'm going to assume whenever you speak to a wall yuor litteraly speaking to it, not just being generally crazy. so you don't need to announce your using Speak with X (though saying it somewere anywho would help me know, as I can miss things)

Dire Reverend
2012-05-03, 06:49 AM
Tessa begins speaking to Nicola. "Uh, my name is T..." Tessa stares blankly for a couple of seconds. "Tessa!"

Tessa looks at Chie. "There's a lady, looks like a doctor, she talks to me sometimes. She says some pretty naughty stuff too..."

Princess Tracy
2012-05-03, 07:49 AM
Chie stares back at Tessa for a moment. "My HAT speaks to me sometimes." Chie suddenly becomes aware that she's even wearing a hat. "Ooh. look. It's all shiny," she remarks as she removes it from her head, analyzing the brim. She reaches her hand in, the dimensions twisting, as she withdraws a book. "Hey, it's a book in a language I can't read. Nifty! You want it, Nicky-lady?" She offers the Latin-print Bible to Nicola. "So that's what my hat does, apparently. What does your crazy lady voice do, tuh-Tessa-lady? Do you mean naughty like stealing stuff? Because that's not SO naughty. Like, right now when I just stole this SHINY sword! So it would be a little hypo... hypocr-... hyporitinal... hippopotamus of me to say stealing is wrong." Her innocence is almost a painful thing to behold, though mostly just annoying. "It's nice to know I'm not the only one who hears voices. You hear voices too, right, Nicky-lady? And, ooh, hello blonde-man person and tall man person, finally out of your cells, are ya? Do you guys hear voices? I'm taking a tally of voice-hearers!"

Spacewolf
2012-05-03, 07:56 AM
Taking another look around the room his attention is drawn to the stone slab in the middle moving over he touches it and his mind flashes back to what must have been one of the previous times he had been brought in here. He remembers the chains tearing at his wrists as someone tries to sedate him suddenly a sword starts to manifest in his hand and he attempts to cut himself free before the sedative took effect and everything went black. Returning to the present he feels a weight in his hand, it takes him a moment to realise that the sword from his flashback now fills his unoccupied hand. Placing the cleaver in his belt he weighs the sword in both hands and tries a few experimental swings and finds the balance suits him perfectly.

Grinning widely “Yea this will do nicely, good weight, two handed I should be able to escape with this.” Looking round and realising everyone else has left the room he sheaths the sword and hurry’s to catch up, not really noticing the pressuring building in his mind.

EchoKnight
2012-05-03, 08:57 AM
Being downwind, Nicola is surprised to find no unusual scents. At least there are no rotting corpses, though the Tall-Man is right. This whole places smells of death. Stepping to the side of the door, so that the newly awaked prisioners may take a look, if they so chose.

Upon Chie's return, Nicola bit back a smile. The younger girl was always so very energetic, even when she seemed worried. Maybe Chie will be more calm with another individual to converse with. Maybe the blue-eyed lady "Uh, my name is T...Tessa! There's a lady, looks like a doctor, she talks to me sometimes. She says some pretty naughty stuff too..." Maybe not. On the other hand, it might have been me. Focus inward...

Nicola let Chie speak her piece, somehow knowing that it would be useless to interupt, though she was sorely tempted to when she saw the Bible. "Yes Chie, I hear the voices of objects when I command them and...yes, I would like the book. It's...familiar." Crouching down, Nicola extended her other senses to try and reveal more infomation than her natural ones, before continuing. "I think maybe we all need to talk some more. Maybe we can shed some light on each others pasts. I...I remember Chie. I remember what I can do. I remember this book holds salvation. What do you remember, Tessa?"

Suppress Reiatsu: [roll0]
Sense Motive: Sense Reiatsu [roll1]

Dire Reverend
2012-05-03, 09:30 AM
"Naughty like..." Tessa then thinks of how young and innocent Chie is. "I'll tell you later."

Tessa then realises she has a weapon at her side. Her eyes widen. "Hari!" She looks at the sword. "That's the name of my sword who talks to me." Tessa scratches her head. "Well, she's a nurse and a sword, not sure exactly how that works..."

Tessa looks to Nicola. "I really don't remember much of anything. Maybe it will come to me as I go along."

Princess Tracy
2012-05-03, 11:33 AM
Hmm... Chie tilted her head to the side, trying to recall. "Nothing comes to mind... I remember... Getting stabbed a lot by tall people. Hm. Maybe I don't WANT to remember THAT. I remember a lady with a sword like this. And... a big scary tunnel or two. And... sister? Yeah, I had... a sister...? Hm. Maybe it'll come to me. I think I was running to try and meet her. And then.. I got lost and ended up here? It's all i've dreamed about for as long as I can remember, anyway. I should probably get back and find he as soon as we gather our strength to bust out. I wonder how long I've been here - or how I'll even find her? Guess I'll figure it out."

As she finishes rambling, she also discards her serious look. Instead, a noise of annoyance utters from her mouth. "Hey, how come YOU get to rememeber me, Nicky-lady? I don't think I've seen you before in my life!" Though, despite her words, her face shows not annoyance but curiosity, a thirst for knowledge, her eyes aflame now with real interest in Nicola. She leaves Nicola to think on her question for a moment as she addresses Tessa happily, like a 6 year old desperate to make friends (perhaps not that far from the truth). "So the strange doctor lady is in the sword? Wonder what she says? Let's find out! Ahem." The glow of fullbringing is apparent as she addresses Tessa's zanpakuto. "Hello, sword-lady. Can you hear me? Will you be my friend? Speak up!"

Dire Reverend
2012-05-04, 07:13 AM
Chie hears a sultry voice from the sword. "Fascinating, someone other than Tessa to speak with."

Spacewolf
2012-05-04, 11:12 AM
Returning to the group Robb asks the question thats been on his mind for a while now "Now what?"

Princess Tracy
2012-05-04, 12:03 PM
"Ha ha, see, Tessa? You aren't crazy after all. Hello sword-lady. Make sure you're good and sharp, since Tessa will need your help, okay? Let's all get along, Miss Sword-Doctor! And if Tessa doesn't hear you, just pipe up and I'll get her attention." Chie pauses for a moment, wondering if there is some correct way to addrss zanpakuto that she was failing at. Maybe they don't like friendliness? "Where DID you come from? I wonder if all you swords can talk. If so, this one probably won't like me stealing it. I should probably find one for my own soon. So really, I only BORROWED this one."

BoM and Dire;
Diplomacy check to get on Hari's good side
[roll0]

Chie looks around as she hears Robb coming. "Hello, man-person. I'm just waiting for everyone to suit up, me. I could have sworn there was one more lady here before... Hm, well, I'll get started on our escape in the meantime."

Chie steps toward the door Nicola and Tessa had been scouting. "Kind of dark, isn't it? Abra Kadabra!" With a clap of her hands, Chie conjures 4 Dancling Lights - appearing similar to balloons with a doodle of her face making a peace sign drawn on the side. With a wave of her hands, she sends them down the corridor. "Right, I'm pretty fast on my feet, so give me a second and I'll run down open fo these corridors real quick and scout ahead for a bit. It's just, i got this sudden urge to be prepared for a fight..."

Chie sits down, paying no heed to the discomfort of the cold, stone floor as she reaches inside her hat. Form it, she pulls a series of objects alien to her but whose function she feels competent in nonetheless, as she begins using her magic energy to bind and don them.

Chie is quickly donning the meldshapes on her character sheet.

Anyone familiar with Hollows recognze the odd bits of mask and tendrils and whatever else she fashions into masks and armbands and whatever else as having a similar appearance to Hollow body parts.

Princess Tracy
2012-05-04, 02:18 PM
While she fiddles with the leathery straps of what looks like a porcelain headband, Chie looks over her shoulder at Robb.

"Hey, looks like Tessa isn't the only one to pull a shiny sword out of the void. So what's your story, mister tall man? Don't suppose you remember much? If so join the club, there'll be cake. My, there are a lot of men here, too many for me to simply call all of you 'tall man' or something. You all better start coughing up names before I decide to call you something I'll remember, and you won't like it. Nicky-lady called me Chie, so that's who I am now. I'm from... Spain, I think. And I can make light and talk to bladed weapons, apparently. Your turn with introductions, all of you, especially you, tall man who denies my ability to speak to knives!"

Spacewolf
2012-05-04, 02:30 PM
"I suppose introductions are in order i'm Robb the sword has a name as well but i cannot remember what it is yet"

Princess Tracy
2012-05-04, 03:16 PM
"You a man of few words, Robb? It might be important to know the sword's name - it might not cut right if it thinks you don't like it. Tessa's seems to speak to her, maybe yours will speak to me." Chie clears her throat, trying to hide her basic excitement to see what happens that occurs every tiem she uses her powers like this. "Hello, mister or misses sword. Do you have a name? A hobby, favourite music, a boy you like? Your wielder's name is Robb, and he seems a nice enough gentleman, especially since he seems to be in my 'no memories, have a conciliatory cake when we get out of this' club. I'm Chie, nice to meet you!" Chie pauses from preparations to crane her head toward Robb and his sword, trying to listen out for something to turn into a nickname.

BlackestOfMages
2012-05-04, 03:33 PM
The precence Nikola feels is powerful suffocating and brimmining with malicious intent, though it seems to be in a state of rest rather than active. The pressure feels oddly unatural, like a mix of different signiatures.

@ Trace: Your skills do not effect other party members. diplomacy rolls will not make them like you. this is done as a precation :smallsmile:.

EchoKnight
2012-05-04, 05:21 PM
Nicola stood up sharply as the realization of what her senses were telling her kicked in. Focusing on it once more to get an idea how far away this...modifered reiatsu is, she looked over to Robb and the others. "They did something to make us forget...But there is something up there," said Niocla pointing towards the rightmost passage, "that is both unfriendly and unnatural. We may have gotten off lightly here. Who knows what other experiments could be here."

Nicola walked over to the eastern door, her mind a buzz of uncomfortableness. I am meant to be donning my gear, binding it to my will, simular to Chie. But where is it. And why has no-one checked this door? For we know it is a closet! Upon arriving at the door, Nicola inhales deeply, trying to smell if anything is on the other side. Having done so, she refocues her mind to sense any reiatsu in order to be sure.

If there is nothing dangerous on both counts, I'll open it. After all..."...We need options," finshed Nicola outloud.

Sense Motive: Locate Reiatsu (northern door, right passage way) [roll0]

Survival: Smell Anyone/thing (eastern door) [roll1]
Sense Motive: Sense Reiatsu (eastern door) [roll2]

Spacewolf
2012-05-04, 05:34 PM
"You a man of few words, Robb? It might be important to know the sword's name - it might not cut right if it thinks you don't like it. Tessa's seems to speak to her, maybe yours will speak to me." Chie clears her throat, trying to hide her basic excitement to see what happens that occurs every tiem she uses her powers like this. "Hello, mister or misses sword. Do you have a name? A hobby, favourite music, a boy you like? Your wielder's name is Robb, and he seems a nice enough gentleman, especially since he seems to be in my 'no memories, have a conciliatory cake when we get out of this' club. I'm Chie, nice to meet you!" Chie pauses from preparations to crane her head toward Robb and his sword, trying to listen out for something to turn into a nickname.

Chie feels something lash out at her like a beast that wasnt fully concious yet, at the same time there was an intelligence there that was currently suppressed

Princess Tracy
2012-05-04, 06:17 PM
Upon sensing the sudden 'bark' of Reiatsu, Chie drops half her gear and scrambles away into a corner, a shocked look on her face. "Maybe that sword doesn't like me very much... think I'll just not speak to it, yeah..." she mutters. "Keep a tight grip on that sword, Mr. Robb. Some scary spirit in there... Maybe you'll have a better time of it than I." She ponders for a moment. "Maybe that was just it yawning?"

Chie takes a second to regain her composure, clambering to her feet and gathering up what she dropped. Spotting Nicola wandering around on her own, she rushes over to her side, still somewhat shaken until she reaches her side. "Hey, Nicky-lady. "Ooh, another door. How'd I miss it?" she whispers.

"Hey, Nicky-lady," Chie remarks as Nicola makes to open the door. "You don't seem to have any gear to use, but your power feels kind of like mine, but different. Anyway, I'll share some of these things with you, if you want." Chie holds out some odd trinkets, like extraterestrial taxidermy; among what she clutches, at the top of the pile, is the better part of a human sized mask, that glows lightly as it approaches Nicola. "See? This scary mask thing seems to like you, for some reason."

OMG Hollow

Hazzardevil
2012-05-04, 06:24 PM
Ivo Conrad Landschneckt
As the door swings open to his cell, Ivo fires one final shot at a wall in his cell before gliding towards his body and enters it quickly. Ivo has been busy unleashing bits of spiritual power into the walls of his cell for however long he has been locked up, in the vain hope of him using up enough power that a wall will disintegrate and he can escape, because whatever it is they do to him when they drag him out the cell, he doesn't want to be dragged through the door again.

When he clambers inside his body he struggles to pull himself to his feat, having barely used his body the whole time he was in the maggots nest.
As he staggers out the cell, he nearly falls over, managing to just hold himself up on the cell door.
He then starts stuttering, struggling to get out words so he can find someone to escape with.

C.C...C..Ca..Can anyone hear me?... I.I need help.
He then staggers down a hallway, if there is no obvious dead-end he can see he goes right, guns drawn.

Spot check:
[roll0]

EchoKnight
2012-05-04, 07:57 PM
Breaking off from her concetraion to give Chie her attention."Are you alright? That sword didn't hurt yourt you did it?" Nicola shot a warning glance at Robb, just to be safe. "Be careful. Not all inanimates like attempts to be friendly," Nicola paused as a thought sent a shock through her system. That is why I intimidate them into obeying.

Shaking off that dark thought, Nicola processed the child's kind offer. "Thank you Chie. I think I had my own mask...and yes, our powers are simular. Your's is nicer though," placing on the mask and letting the essence of the object and her own soul mingle until the two are cannot be destinguished from one another. The mask glowed red slightly as it rebuilt itself around Nicola's head until it covered everything, including her messy hair. It had three faces now and from two of them it had eyes that were pure darkness with only a red slit in the center. The forward face still had Nicola's hazel eyes though.

A shudder slid through Nicola's body as she repeated the process with less dramatic results wiht her shoes, belt and the braclet on her wrist. "Thank you again Chie. That feels so much better."

Yeah, Hollow.

BlackestOfMages
2012-05-04, 08:24 PM
Nicola opens the final closed door, which creaks open slowly, years f accumulated dust and grime fallling away. As the door opens, the temperatre in the room drops, your breath ecoming visibile in the stagnant air. Inside the room hang hunderds and hundreds of bodies, of all shapes and sizes, ages and genders, susspended friom hooks upon the ceiling. Nothing in the room is alive, or moving.

@ Hazzardevil: I'm sorry, I'm a little confused. your cells all led into the same room, the one with the four doors. since two of them are already revealed to be dead ends, where you going down the one with the sounds of battle, or the one where Nicola sensed the dark precence?

Princess Tracy
2012-05-04, 08:34 PM
ninja'd

Chie sticks her tongue ot at Robb's sword from behind the cover that is Nicola, feeling a fair bit safer. Chie percieves the oddest twitch in Nicola's face as the dark thought erupts, though quickly discards it as the gawdy mask transformation proceeds. Upon Nicola donning the mask, Chie can't stop staring in bewilderment, and curiousity. "Ooh, that's how you activate it, huh? I was just sort of strapping stuff to myself out of instinct. Lemme try..." Chie pulls together a series of fragments, piecing them together like a puzzle to make a full mask. However, rather than donning it, out of some instinct instead places it upon the upper back of her head, like an extremely odd hat. It springs to life in a quick light show, forming some upper body armour, though leaving her prison-paled face uncovered as she beams up at Nicola. "Yay! Yours looks a little different, Nicky-lady. I don't know what it is, but you seem pretty strong somehow, with that mask. Almost like it's..."

As Nicola opens the door and Chie fails to restrain her curious, wandering eyes, she gets an eyeful of the horrific sight, falling on her backside, her mouth agape as she seizes up, unable to look away. The moment passes and she curls up, staring at the floor, her eyes watering, as she whimpers nonsense...

As it stands, her full battle experience hasn't kicked in yet; she is unused to the sight of death, having not yet remembered her experience with it.

Spacewolf
2012-05-04, 08:40 PM
Coming over to see what all the shock was about Robb takes a look inside the room "Wow that's not exactly a pretty way to go and unfortunatly i dont think they will be able to give us any help"

EchoKnight
2012-05-04, 08:54 PM
Nicola slamed the door quickly, in the hopes she could spare Chie having to see any more of those dead bodies. Clever, keeping them close. Nicola imedatitly knelt down and wraped her arms around the wimpering girl. It's ok, little one. They cannot hurt you and I won't let you become like them. I promised, remember?" The words came naturally and without thought to Nicola as she picked up the child and held her close as she stood.

"You are correct Robb. There is nothing in there that will help, is everyone here yet?" asked Nicola the others as she walked back to the northern door. She took her time, examining her new companions as she walked without turning her head (a benefit to have three sets of eyes).

Three...no four Reapers, Chie, that one struggling and myself. Against an unknown amalgam of reiatsu. Even with seven... The thought crossed Nicola's mind while she was still halfway to the door. Struggling? As Nicola directed her orientation to the man with the light blue voice she spoke again "Are you alright?"

Turalisj
2012-05-04, 09:05 PM
Ignoring the chatter of the others, as they seemed to have ignored him, Jack wandered over to the table. Almost unconsciously, he reached for a long curved katana. There was an elegant scrolling along the side of the blade, with a gray cloth wrapped around the handle.

Quietly, Jack followed after the others. He still had no idea what was going on, except that he had been held in this facility for far too long.

Princess Tracy
2012-05-04, 09:06 PM
When Chie regained some sense of awareness, she found her face tear-streaked and her hand in Nicola's. An odd look of wonderment tinged her fright, as she just stood by her side, eyeing the hand as if surprised by the emre xistence of it. 'Her hand is warm and soft...' she half-whispers, haff-thinks. For some reason, as she looks up at Nicola;s face and sees the mask, she suddenly feels herself shattering again, quivering as she averts her gaze from it, though why was beyond her understanding. She tucks her head into Nicola's side, quite for once. She fidgets, trying to muster a smile for Nicola, though again not understanding her compulsion to do so, ultimately failing to brighten up her face even a bit. She jsut stares at the ground, as if trying to reassure herself that it was still there. "Can I... just go on like this for a while?" she asks Nicola meekly, grabbing her hand tightly.

The-Mage-King
2012-05-04, 10:35 PM
"Hm," Artur starts, walking towards the Quincy. "Seems that not all of us are in the best of shape."

Extending his hand to the man, he gives a pull to help Ivo to his feet.

"The name is Artur. Occupation is Knight Errant. Pleased to meet you." He says, stepping back and resting his hand on the pommel of his sword in the least threatening manner he could.

Sense Motive for summoning the spirit cords. Pumping with Action Point, too, for 3.

[roll0]+[roll1]

Then a Suppress for paranoia. [roll2]

EchoKnight
2012-05-05, 04:29 AM
Nicola reacted purely on instinct to Chie's words. It was a few seconds before the former girl realised she was hugging the younger one. "Of course, Chie. It is ok. You're going to be ok. We'll get you home soon," Nicola's voice was warmer, kinder than it was before with concern practicly dripping from the words. Looking up at all the others in the room, Nicola's hardend once more with her next words, "Won't we everyone?"

Standing up, but holding Chie's hand only slightly tighter than the child was holding her own, Nicola once again leveled her gaze at the man Artur helped up. "Again I ask, are you alright? And Thank you, Artur was it? I was busy and could not assist."

Dire Reverend
2012-05-05, 08:03 AM
Trace:The voice is now slightly annoyed. "I have a name, and it sure as hell is not 'Sword-Lady'. I'm no doctor, I am a nurse.

Princess Tracy
2012-05-05, 08:12 AM
A slight joy does enter Chie's voice again, though she doesn't look up as she whispers her response to the sword.

"Sorry, Miss Nurse. What do I call you then?"

Hazzardevil
2012-05-05, 08:13 AM
@ Hazzardevil: I'm sorry, I'm a little confused. your cells all led into the same room, the one with the four doors. since two of them are already revealed to be dead ends, where you going down the one with the sounds of battle, or the one where Nicola sensed the dark precence?

He goes down towards the sounds of battle.

As he reaches Artur he extends his hand to shake it. His grip is loose however, with his hand shaking slightly.

I.. I.. Ivo. He speaks, still struggling to move his body normally. I.I fine..soon.. Ha..Have..Not..Use..Body..For..A While

Dire Reverend
2012-05-05, 08:14 AM
Trace:"Hari will do."

Princess Tracy
2012-05-05, 08:19 AM
"Sorry for offending you, Hari. Can we be friends?"

Dire Reverend
2012-05-05, 09:10 AM
Trace:A moment of silence occurs, then Hari speak again. "Sure. Whatever. I'm not really used to talking to anyone other than Tessa, so this will be different."

Princess Tracy
2012-05-05, 09:33 AM
Chie looks up a bit, at last, mustering a smile for Tessa. "See? Your sword is nice Tessa. And you seem to be, too." She looks around the room. "Everyone seems pretty strong..." She tightens her grip on Nicola's hand as she stares off into space, lost in thought.

EchoKnight
2012-05-05, 09:45 AM
"That is good Ivo, because I don't think we have a lot of time. If you need help though, just ask. I think we've found away out, but there is some...unfriendly company on the way. Fortunately it doesn't seem to be active at the moment. Feel up to a little risk? For that matter, anyone else?" Nicola stated that as if performing for a theatre production: loud enough for everyone to hear, yet not be shouting.

Taking a step toward the door, Tessa and whatever lay beyond, with Chie's hand still in her own, Nicola spoke again. "Perder Tessa, are you ready? Because the sounds of battle are getting louder and I think none of us wish to be here when they arrive. What of you, Robb? Do you wish to learn the name of your blade while fighting an army? Artur, as I knight I assume you know of honour? This child needs you to get her out. Ivo...You need us too."

Taking another step, but loosening her grip on Chie slightly, Nicola's next words seemed to be much quieter. "As for the rest of you, I'd like to know your names before we go. But we must go. I am sorry for my outburst, but every moment spent here makes our recapture more likely. I am sorry for being so cruel with my words. I have no right to ask anything of any of you but I ask this: Leave with us now. Please."

And with that, a tear is shed from each of the six eyes upon Nicola's head. Her legs shaking, she reached the door and stood utterly still. Not daring to move again, lest the tears she is holding back escape. Don't be so weak. They need you too.

Spacewolf
2012-05-05, 09:53 AM
Im sure my swords name will come to me but until then i am still ready to move out as soon as everone else is

EchoKnight
2012-05-05, 10:16 AM
"Thank you, Robb. I'm sorry," repiled Nicola, her voice as quiet as it was shaky. She remained standing still, however.

Princess Tracy
2012-05-05, 10:30 AM
Chie suddenly releases her grip, circling around to look up at Chie, eyeing her as if for the first time. "Nicky..." As she feels the older girl's gaze approach, out of some odd tick, she buries her head in her arms for a moment, wiping her remaining, worried tears. Beaming back up, her smile was back. "Nicky, don't be scared," she ordered, enthusiatically. "We have to be strong, right? I'll be strong for you, and you be strong for me, okay?" She turns to the group at large. "Enough dilly-dallying! If your legs are broken, drag yourself along, right? As they say '渾水摸魚'!"

Chie obnoxiously stretches and jogs on the spot, getting the blood pumping and the colour to return to her face. "If we look out fo reach other, it'll be okay, right, Nicky? So, don't cry anymore, and I wpn't stop smiling..." And with that, she scoops up her energy and dashes down the passageway and then to the right.

Run action, 2 SEP for Speed, total distance 200 feet in the first round. As a great man once said, LEROOOOOOY....!

EchoKnight
2012-05-05, 11:06 AM
"CHIE! NO!" Nicola began racing after the child, running down the right passageway. She knew the younger girl was faster, but if she caught up, if only for second, maybe...the child would listen to reason. Assuming Nicola could catch up of course.

Swift Action: Investing Evolution Points into Threefold, since she can't afford the penalty if something goes wrong.
Free Action: Spending 3 SEP to boost speed by 30 ft (my base speed)
Free Action: Create Light
(ignore)
First Move Action: Race after Chie (60 ft covered)
Second Move action: Race after Chie (90/120 ft covered, see OOC)
Bonus Move action (Threefold): Race after Chie! (120/180 ft covered)
(/ignore)
Fullround Action: Running after Chie (240 ft covered)

When Nicola catches up, she'll ask Chie to stop and wait for the others.

Princess Tracy
2012-05-05, 11:31 AM
As she hears Nicola approaching, Chie slows to a halt. "Yay, Nicky's coming, at least! Come on, you're fast too. We could probably just run straight out of here. I know, I know, befroe you say anything I'm only joking, I'm not gonna LEAVE them. But I might as well rope them in here, right? Come on, let's shout for them or something, or do you wanna see if we can sneak ahead? God thing you're here, though - I can't see in the dark or anything. I might have ran into a wall." She just keeps chattering away, suddenly excited.

Dire Reverend
2012-05-05, 11:48 AM
Realizing that if something went wrong, they would need help, Tessa runs after the two.
Tessa just uses the run action, no special abilities whatsoever.

Princess Tracy
2012-05-05, 12:09 PM
As Nicola draws closer, Chie sees her obviously not being happy about her running off, and before Nicky even says anything, without missing a beat, she rushes back down the corridor, not calming down whatsoever as she snatches Nicola by teh hand and drags her back to teh main room.

Spacewolf
2012-05-05, 12:37 PM
"Heh Kids right then looks like we're on our way out" Robb then also runs forward to try and catch up

Princess Tracy
2012-05-05, 01:20 PM
Chie stops as she sees Robb and Tessa approach, dragging behind Nicola with her in a way her small stature would lead one to believe was impossible. "Oh, hey, you two. How good are you at keeping out of trouble? If we've got this many people, we should be good, but let's try to avoid fighting - we might upset Nicky with worry otherwise. Right, Nicky? Nicky? I think I broke her," Chie remarks as she shakes Nicola. "Hey, we're gonna go be stealthy!" Chie exclaims down to the central chamber. "If we're not back in a few minutes, you might as well follow - or not, we might have died and you will too if you follow us, but that's how it is. Come on, you two, it'll be fun." With that, if no one stops her, Chie turns tail and returns to her path down the corridor, a little slower than before, waiting for the two of them to follow.

If they don't she'll finally turn back to greet everyone else.

BlackestOfMages
2012-05-05, 01:52 PM
@ Hazzard: You seem to have chosen a different passageway to the other people. you could always turn back and meet up with t'others. (provided they choose to stay there of course)

Ivo heads down the passageway towards the sound of battle. The din of fighting grows louder as he does so, and he soon chances upon a small number of dead bodies - two shinigami, one with his hed caved in, the other looking like her throat had been slit, and a number of people dressed in prison garb simmilar to your own marred by a number of sword wounds and lacerations. Ahead of you, you can see a room with a collapsed door - the words armoury engraved in the stone above - and a flight of stairs. the sound of battle comes from up the stairs, but you think you can hear someone moving around in the armoury

Arthur watched Ivo wander away as he focuses on detecting the pressure of the souls around him. From his position in the cell, he can feel the same precence Nicola sensed as a potent flame that far engulf his own, though it appears to be in repose. Above him, Arthur can sense a vast number of spiritual pressures, many of them flaring up or being exstinguised as they clashed. Lastly, he can detect the slightest hint of power from many of the bodies in the abbatoir room.

OOC: can we have the discussion of which way to go and when we're ready in the OOC please, since it's hard to do in IC in character and makes finding stuff I need to reply to awkward.

also, Map of stuff so far to try and help navigation (not any where near to scale): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am1FdH22KnOQdExjUEx3bi1BcjB4Z1d3UmVZNkxrT kE#gid=0

Princess Tracy
2012-05-05, 02:48 PM
Chie heads down the passage looking for Ivo, remembering she'd heard his voice.

EchoKnight
2012-05-06, 02:38 AM
After being dragged around by Chie, Nicola was in no mood to respond to the child's plea. Slumping down in the room with all the other prisioners, she could barely feel the stone wall she was leaning on. I could have gotten Chie killed...She just ran off, all on her own. If she had gotten to that thing... Nicola shuddered at the thought.

Nicola was so lost in thought, she didn't notice when Chie left. But the absence of her friend was noted. Can't say I blame her. I am a demon...I don't deserve friends."...sorry about that."

Princess Tracy
2012-05-06, 04:27 AM
An idea suddenly dawns on Chie. She turns back down the corridor, returning to Tessa, Nicola and Robb. "Hey, Nicky, earlier I saw you do this thing, so I'm gonna try it too. Tell me if I did it right, would you?"

Sense Motive to sense the energy down the corridor
[roll0]

Princess Tracy
2012-05-06, 04:39 AM
I know, I should wait for a DM response normally, but I figured my roll was high enough I could just finally read the info you gave to Echo. If the energy changed, tell me and I'll replace this post.

"Oh..." Chie remarks, suddenly seeming to get cold feet. "So that's why you were nervous. Um... Heh heh heh.... wanna head back then? We, ah, we'll come back to this. Oh yeah, that guy. Was he even down this way?" Chie clears her throat, partially shouting but a little quiter than one would expect, restraining herself from the sudden chill. "Hey, Mr. Weak Man! Are you down here? You need a hand? We've got, like, 8. What, no response? Well, I guess he's not here, let's head back," She grabs Nicola by the hand again, tugging her back towards the main chamber. "Come on, nothing to se ehere, let's come back at full strength - I think I know enough about this place for it to not bne worth scouting out, yes sir."

Hazzardevil
2012-05-06, 07:12 AM
Ivo manifests his 2 pistols and starts putting a single bullet into each of the corpses. (As in shoot them, he doesn't want them to get up again and attack him from behind)
He then wanders back the way he came to find the others, leaving the armoury.

Spacewolf
2012-05-07, 05:07 PM
"Right then now where all here shall we start moving forwards"
Robb starts to edge cautiously towards the stairs giving everyone plently of time to keep up

Princess Tracy
2012-05-07, 07:47 PM
Chie hangs her head in shame and follows Robb. "Directions are HARD."

BlackestOfMages
2012-05-10, 07:31 AM
The two of you slowly creep towards the stair-well, and armoury, taking care not to move quietly, as not to alert anyone. When you near the armoury, you can hear the breathing Ivo mentioned, acompanied by a metalic rustling sound and the unmistakable noise of someone dragging something heavy around. Peering round the corner - taking care not to be seen -, you can see a small group of people dressed in a collection of torn shinigami robes and white prison attire rooting through the shelves.

The-Mage-King
2012-05-10, 10:15 AM
"A word of warning- I sense something magnitudes more powerful than any of us. It feels... Wrong. I advise fleeing if we meet it." Artur says, before clenching a fist in front of his chest.

Armor forms around him, enveloping him in a silvery-blue metal.

"Now then, let's catch up."

And with that, he starts off.

Spacewolf
2012-05-11, 09:59 AM
"So then what do you think suprise them, kill them and keep running?"

Hazzardevil
2012-05-11, 10:28 AM
Ivo stays quiet, but follows Artur, manifesting his pair of pistols.

Dire Reverend
2012-05-11, 09:24 PM
Tessa does not say much, she just follows the group.

AShadowofLife
2012-05-12, 06:14 PM
Ava awakens slowly, slowly rising from her spot on the ground. She begins to look around their room, before following the noise of the others, attempting to catch up to them.

If she manages to find them;

"Hey. Sorry I'm a bit late to the party..."

OOC: If you'd like me to roll to catch up, let me know BoM.

EchoKnight
2012-05-13, 04:41 AM
Looking up, Nicola responded to this new girl. "Hasn't started yet, just through there. Shall we?" The words came easierly, but if one could see Nicola's face. "A few went scouting, and...well I'm sure you can hear the fighting. I don't think they have reached it yet," said the girl as she strode towards the door and the others.
I should have stayed with Chie.

Princess Tracy
2012-05-14, 12:34 PM
Chie looks around the room, trying to look for cover, and evaluating how many opponents there are.

Spot check if required [roll0]

BlackestOfMages
2012-05-14, 12:42 PM
Chie sees that there are 9 people in the room. three of them have weapons in their hands, though they don't seem to alert. the other six are busy raiding the room

Princess Tracy
2012-05-14, 01:13 PM
spend 1 SEP and swift action to use Fullbring

Chie cracks her knuckles, suddenly restless as she stretches and generally braces herself for combat. Reaching to her head as if to scratch it, her hand casually slips inside her hat and she pulls out a sword with dimensions utterly impossible for its container, and downright as big and heavy seeming as its weilder. She looks at the blue-tinted steel for a moment, grinning. "I can work with THIS."

Chie tries to move unseen into the room, drawing up to the closest armed opponent, moving from cover to cover if there is any, and striking quickly, yet softly, without alerting the others if possible.

Hide check [roll0]
Move Silently [roll1]

Attack with Fullbring/Zanpakuto [roll2]
CHARMING STRIKE - DC 21 will save or charmed

Fluff is 'If affected, target suddenly gains delusion that Chie is their lost relative, usually sister, and is filled with a need to protect or aid her in any way they can. She isn't recognised as a specific individual, just as their valued companion.'

Turalisj
2012-05-14, 05:41 PM
'Jack, you're bein' left behind ya moron!'
'Be quiet, I am trying to think.'
'If ya don' get movin', I'm gonna take over!'

Jack shook his head as he made his way towards the others. Again, the voice in his head was arguing with him. He had to hurry though, the others had gone on ahead while he was talking to that voice.

BlackestOfMages
2012-05-15, 05:20 PM
Chie barely managed to sneak to the nearest looter of the room, only just managing to avoid the eyes of the watchmen as they where distracted. Her blade sinks into the sentry, glowing slightly as it does so. The sentry looks confused for a moment, blinking, then looks down on Chie. "what are you doing here? it's dangerous. be careful and stick with us, and be careful"

OOC: Freindship stab was successful. The Mook is convinced.

Layout of the room (note, not in combat yet, just linking now to help)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am1FdH22KnOQdEFZY285OVMwdXJYM1h2cmpWTmc5e nc#gid=0

Princess Tracy
2012-05-15, 06:55 PM
Chie beams up at the deluded man. It was some strange instinct that had softened her blade, though she knew what it's affect was well enough. She does her best to wipe the smirk off her face, instead pouting her lips and bowing slightly, trying to seem as defensive as possible. "But Big Brother will protect me, right? I got lost down here Big Bro, I'm glad I found you. You must have spent so mush time looking for me, that's why you came, right? Can we get going form this scary place? Please, I don't like it here."

Don't know if I need to roll charisma or diplomacy here or whatever to convince him to aid my escape. Charisma only says it's necessary if it's against his nature or something, so I guess IO'll just let you roll this one for me if I needed to role; Charisma mod +3, Diplomacy mod +14

EchoKnight
2012-05-16, 02:27 AM
Nicola followed the paasageway quickly and quietly, trying to quickly catch up with the group. Ivo, Artur, Chie and Tessa should be around here somewhere. And they can handel themselves. Dispite that thought, Nicola was nervous until she caught up to the others.

"Sorry I'm late. What is going on? Where is Chie?" the strained whisper was directed at each of Nicola's prision-mates in turn. This would have been the first indication I followed them here, realized Nicola. Hope they don't panic.

Move Silently: [roll0]
Note: It is assumed that Nicola won't be going through the doors to the room with the scavengers in it just yet.

Hazzardevil
2012-05-16, 02:44 AM
Ivo continues wandering the corridors into the room with Chie, moving 30 ft in total because of hide/MS

Hide [roll0]
Move Silently [roll1]

BlackestOfMages
2012-05-17, 05:02 PM
The looter Chie had aproached looks down on the small child, smiling slightly. " Sure. Just stick with us and you'll be safe. we just need to finish up getting some stuff from in here so we'll be safe."

No one hears Nicola moving or speaking.

Ivo slips into the armoury after Chie, but unlike the small girl he is unable to avoid notice as one of the guards spots him. "Hey, who are you?" he shouts out towards you, aproaching slowly with his hand on his weapon.

The-Mage-King
2012-05-18, 02:46 AM
Sighing, Artur steps into the room after Ivo, unsupressing his spiritual pressure and resting a hand on his sword.

"All of you. Stand down. We have no desire to fight you, and only wish to remove ourselves from here. Let us check for our own items, then pass through peacefully, and we will likely provide a distraction for you as we make our escape." He says, addressing the room.

"And remember- if you force us into battle, it will most likely draw guards to here- none of us want to deal with them, at the moment."

Diplomacy Check!

[roll0]+[roll1]=11

Burning 3 SEP for an action point.

:smalleek:

Crap. This bodes ill.

Hazzardevil
2012-05-18, 09:51 AM
Diplomacy Check
[roll0]

I am Ivo, I am a friend of your sister, I don't want to hurt any of you. Because I am in the same boat as you, my friend here is as well.

Turalisj
2012-05-18, 12:05 PM
Jack stepped in after the other two, still not getting their names. He kept the sword at his side, ready to act if need be. "We do not wish for a confrontation. Leave us be and we shall pay you no attention."

Diplomacy roll + 3SEP as Action Point
[roll0] + [roll1] = 26

Hazzardevil
2012-05-19, 04:41 AM
Diplomacy Action Point:
[roll0]

BlackestOfMages
2012-05-19, 10:10 AM
The other looters in the room have stopped what they where doing, and you can feel their gaze burrowing into you. The man who spoke before takes a moment to think "Right, right. yeah. We're all in the hellhole together, and it'd be best for us all if we put more effort into sticking it to those black robed freaks who locked us up than stabbing each other. Come in, then, just be careful not to make to much noise, our jailors seem to be able to pop up from anywhere round here, and since they lost control up there they've taken to gutting anything that moves."

OOC: Turalisj saved all your asses :smalltongue: (well, not saved, but avoided a pointless fight)

for successfully avoiding the confrontation and reaching an accord with the other prisoners, you recieve 200 EXPs. They are currently neutrally disposed to you, with one of their freindly towards Chie.

feel free to search the room etc

Princess Tracy
2012-05-19, 11:06 AM
Chie wipes her brow. "Phew. I thought those guys didn't like me. Hey, do you remember what YOU were in here for?" she asks her 'brother'. "None of the folk I came with do, nor anything ELSE really. Which reminds me, where did Nicola go..? Don't tell me she got lost. Heh, maybe we do have something in common in that case..."

Turalisj
2012-05-19, 03:40 PM
Jack nodded. "I am... Jack. Do you know f a way out of here?"

EchoKnight
2012-05-19, 09:16 PM
Hearing the lack of fighting from the other side of the door, Nicola decided to walk in. Taking stock of the room and it's occupants, she gives a slight nod to all the ones she can see before she began searching the room. She took care not to get in the way of anyone else. I don't know what Jack said, but i'd rather not ruin it.

"If it is not too much trouble, do you have an idea about how far away the guards are?" asked Nicola as she drew close to one of these other prisioners.

Search check (untrained): Taking ten; 17

Spacewolf
2012-05-20, 07:37 AM
Joining the rest in the room Robb checks out the vault on the left side of the room.

While searching the room the pressure in his head starts to build
Let me devour them, let me strike them all down. Let me out of my chains

"Huh who said that, get out of my head"

I've always been here you've just forgotten, just remember i'll come if you call and then your enamys will fall

"But i've forgotten how to do that, tell me how... Hello?"

Spot check
[roll0]

Search check
[roll1]

BlackestOfMages
2012-05-21, 07:31 AM
Chie's "Brother" reacts to her question by shivering, then replies quietly "we we're failed "recruits" from the sinigami academy. we we're unable to pass the exams to become a member of Serieti, and when we we're kicked out, on our way back to the Rukongai, we had the damn wardens of this place appear out of no-where, tell us we're to dangerous to be let free, and next thing you know we're spending years locked away in here. Though it's dosen't seem odd you can't recall why you where locked away, from what we learnt of other prisoners, many of them we given no indication why they we're brought here other than they where 'unstable'..."

One of the other prisoners - the one closest to Jack and Nicola - takes a moment to search a nearby shelf for anything before answering the two questions. "I can't say how near we are to an exit, as this place is a damned maze in every sense of the word. For all I know we could be standing next to an exit and not even know it. I can tell you this, we're pretty deep down in this hellhole, and there's aparantly a normal exit on the top floor, though I'm pretty damn sure that'll b the most hevily guarded place around.." The looter stops for another moment, ranacking another shelf "As for how far away the guards are, well, last thing we knew most of them we're heading up to contain most of the rioters heading straight for he obvious exit, though there are quite a few patrols of them self-righteous bastards patrolling around the place - and as you can probably tell from the noise, there's a few of them on the floor above us, which is why we need to get everything we can from this place quickly. My turn to ask a question; you came from down below us, was there anything down there?"

OOC: Your search results yeild something spectacular - your possessions, hidden away in one of the piles of equipment discareded by the scavengers.

Dire Reverend
2012-05-21, 05:54 PM
Tessa goes through the items, and takes the items familiar to her.

The-Mage-King
2012-05-21, 07:13 PM
Grabbing a simple steel ring with several runes inscribed on the exterior and an obscured coat of arms from the collection of goods, Artur pulls his glove off and pulls the ring on, before replacing his glove.

"There was a faint hint of reiatsu down there, just across from the stairs up. Otherwise, it was a collection of cells." He says, before looking to the vault.

"Tell me. Have you attempted to open that door?"

Hazzardevil
2012-05-22, 04:08 PM
Ivo grabs his stuff out of his locker.

Spacewolf
2012-05-23, 05:17 AM
Robb grabs a shadowy suit of armour out of the looters piles

EchoKnight
2012-05-24, 02:34 AM
Nicola spotted her things and took them into a small corner where she could get changed. Having done so, she centered herself and took a moment to double check the reiatsu. Deep Breaths...

"...so what now?" she asked the others, not bothering to turn her multi-faced head. "We're equiped now..."

Sense Motive: Reiatsu check[roll0]

Princess Tracy
2012-05-24, 05:45 AM
"Let's blow a hole in the ceiling and climb our way out!" Chie declared, holding her sword aloft. "Or we could just walk out the front door. You know, if you're BORING. But there's a mass prison break, right? It seems we were treated with more security for some reason, which means the priority is on us. BUT if everyone else is breaking out, we can just slip between them and not receive much special attention. In fact, the more chaos we can stir up before they can respond, the less control our captors will have." WIth such a sudden burst of intellect and insight, it seemed only right that Chie follow it up with a non-sequitor, though no one in the room would be able to tell. "It is as they say in the old country, '有心栽花花不开,无心插柳柳成荫'!"

BlackestOfMages
2012-05-24, 12:11 PM
"Right, thanks for the informaion. and yeah, we tried to open the door, but it's locked tight - we couldn't get it to so much as budge." The looter looks around the room, noicing that his companions have all stopped their scavanging Right well, nice to meet you, and I wish you luck with your escape. if we both get out I'll treat everyone to a drink. years locked away in here has left me mightly parched"

The looters begin to slowly filter out of the room, treading lightly. Chie's "brother" turns back to wave at her before leaving.

From her new position, Nicola can feel a vast spectrum of spiritual energy of all kinds from above her, like a hive of insects. One light stands out amongst the mass, much stronger than the others - and unmistaknably shinigami.

The-Mage-King
2012-05-24, 12:24 PM
After concentrating for a few minutes, Artur heads towards the vault, drawing his sword.

"I'm going to be opening this. Any of you want to help?"

With that, he strikes the lock with all of his might.

Right. Change readied maneuvers, and then Mountain Hammer the door, two handed PAing for full.

Damage: [roll0]+[roll1]+16=43. Ignores Hardness.

Princess Tracy
2012-05-24, 01:41 PM
Chie holds her sword up, startled by the sudden clanging. "Argh! Give me some warning before you start breaking down this place! ...I wanna help!" With that, she clambers atop on of the containers for higher ground, waiting to see if the lock was destroyed or not.

BlackestOfMages
2012-05-24, 01:47 PM
Arthur's blade strikes the locked door with a resounding thud - the door looking dented but stable - but as he does so the walls around the locked door surge with sealed spiritual energy and a potent bolt of electricity surges up Arthur's blade, dealing [roll0] electricity damage. A loud, blaring claxon begins to sound from within the room, and a slight hissing sound fills the air, the room quickly filling with a purple tinged gass.

everyone make a reflex save (DC 15) to hold your breath in time, or else begin to suffocate.

Turalisj
2012-05-24, 01:57 PM
Jack held up an arm to his mouth, glaring at Arthur. "Maybe some forethought before action next time. We should try and get out of here as quickly as possible." He said, looking around for an exit.

[roll0] Reflex Save
[roll1] Spot to find us a quick escape

Princess Tracy
2012-05-24, 02:07 PM
Reflex [roll0]

Chie's blade dissolves into water - moving at an incredibly high speed. With a swing, she brings it down, blasting the floor with an incredible hydraulic blast, carving out a small crater!

Standard Action - Energy Attack: Force Cone pointed at the ground; 8 SEP expended
[roll1] force damage to floor in attempt to carve out some some of indent.

THAT DONE, with another swirl of her blade before it reforms, she conjures water to fill the hole and jumps in!

Swift Water Generation for 3xcubes of water - 5SEP spent
swift action to conjure water, move action to move into hole.

That done, her balde grants her teh ability to comfortably breathe and move in water, rendering her completely safe!

Sticking her head above the water surface, she quickly invites everyone to join her within it, diving again.

On her next turn she swings her blade, granting her allies teh ability to breathe water like herself.
Bestow Knighthood - swift action, 3SEP

SPOILER: AM A GENIUS!

BlackestOfMages
2012-05-24, 02:54 PM
Chie swings her watery sword at the ground, creating a small gash, rather than the crator she hoped for. Much like what happened with Arthur, however, a surge of spiritual energy raises from the stones, shocking her with a potent jolt of electricity [roll0].

as she sits in her bubble, chie notices the purple gas seeping into her bubble, making it hard for the little girl to breath. (begin to suffocate).

I built these traps with your abilities in mind :smalltongue:

Hazzardevil
2012-05-24, 03:08 PM
Before Ivo holds his breath he yells in German:
Mein Geist der Mauser C96 sind die Mauser C96, die den Abbau werden Türen!
Mein Gott!

Reflex Save:
[roll0]

He then fires his twin Mauser's at the door Artur and Chie tried breaking down before 4 times:
Attack 1
[roll1]
Crit-Confirm
[roll2]
Damage:
[roll]1d8+7/roll]
Attack 2
[roll3]
Crit-Confirm
[roll4]
Damage:
[roll]1d8+7/roll]
Attack 1, Off-Hand
Attack Roll
[roll5]
Crit-Confirm
[roll6]
Damage:
[roll]1d8+7/roll]
Attack 2, Off-Hand
[roll7]
Crit-Confirm
[roll8]
Damage:
[roll]1d8+7/roll]

Hazzardevil
2012-05-24, 03:14 PM
Rerolling damage since it didn't go right.
Attack 1
[roll0]
Attack 2
[roll1]
Attack 1, Off-hand
[roll2]
Attack 2, Off-hand
[roll3]

Ivo begins suffocating.

Spacewolf
2012-05-24, 03:48 PM
"Guess whatever is in there is pretty well guarded"

Action before thought
[roll0]

BlackestOfMages
2012-05-24, 04:03 PM
Ivo's spiritual bullets manage to finish the job Arthur started, knocking the vault door from it's hinges. From within shines a shiny piles of shinies. Unfortuantl, the electrical backlash built into the room blast the bombastic bandito for [roll0] electrical damage

OOC: you have one last chance to revoke this action...

Hazzardevil
2012-05-24, 04:41 PM
Ivo suddenly changes his mind, feeling very silly.
And light-headed.

EchoKnight
2012-05-25, 05:24 AM
Nicola reacted as fast as she could to the threat of toxic air. Knowing that regardless, she did not have a lot of time, else they would all sufficate. Abandoning ay attempt to find the source of the poisen, she makes her way over the the now dented door, silver rosary in hand.

Once she gets within 20 feet, Nicola draws down into the dark place in her mind, where her hunger and anger, fear and pain and hate all dwell. A silent pray circles her thoughts, as she dare not say it aloud and risk breathing in any more of the gas. Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. May this work of darkness be forgiven in thy name. Amen. With her mental preperation out of the way, she took the dive into the blackness within her soul and a darker strain of thought arose. May the arts be feed my hunger, Spellbreaker.

The rotten reiatsu flowed from inside Nicola and swirled around her, acting as a magnet as it attempts to devour the energies surronding the room. As alway, Nicola felt the pang of hunger that accompanied the use of any of her demonic powers. Taking care to try and spot any other possible sources of the enchantment she was trying to break, she cast her gaze across the (hopefully no longer gas covered room) room. May the Lord's mercy allow this to work...

Reflex Save:
"Spell" armour fail check: [roll1] (above 20, c'mon higher than twenty)
Spellbreaker (Dispell Magic) Negacion: Area of Effect useage; (It should be noted I have no idea how many times to roll for this, so just tell me if I need more. Assumes that Fullbringing levels count for caster levels since Nicola does have that magic. If they don't, subtract 6 from all rolls and please tell me.)
From Nearest to Farthest applicable targets.

[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Spot Check (doubles as listen check): [roll7]
Search (untrained) check: [roll]1d20+7

BlackestOfMages
2012-05-25, 09:07 AM
Nicola's surge of spiritual energy flickers around the room, interfering with the enchantments in the room. in a last surge of energy, Nicola to feels the lash of the electrical defenses, but afterwards it seems to fizzle out [roll0]

The gass continues to flow. it's distribution more mechanical than magical, apparantly. The sirens continue too, and as Nicola listens she swears she can hear the slightest sound of footsteps even over the blaring noise.

the electrical trap has been defeated! 50 XP for everyones. Would you like the details of the trap to know what sort of thing to look out for in the future, or would you rather me keep it a secret?

@ Nicola: you'd roll once and apply that roll to everything possibly dispellable in range. since you rolled multiple times, I picked a random result from there :smallbiggrin:

Hazzardevil
2012-05-25, 10:42 AM
Ivo kicks down the door that was electrifying every one and moves out of the room.

23 rounds before suffocation.

BlackestOfMages
2012-05-25, 11:19 AM
Ivo kicks down the door that was electrifying every one and moves out of the room.

23 rounds before suffocation.

OOC: The exit was open the whole time. :smallconfused: you really didn't read anything, did you. the door that was shocking you was the one into the high security part of the armoury - and the walls.

EchoKnight
2012-05-25, 12:39 PM
Nicola tensed at the soft yeellow sound of the approaching person, the memory of that intense Reaper's reaitsu still fresh in her mind. While she could not confirm it with so little time, nor could she inform the others while the poisen floats in the air.

So she had to make a choice.

She made a grab for the man badshing at the wrong door, (Ivo...his name is Ivo.) and dragged him back the way they entered this trapped armoury. On the way she paused to try and get the attention of the others and gesture or tug them toward the entrance.

This would have been faster if I had just left them here to die. That thought brought another pang of hunger but she pushed both aside as she remembered Chie...Chie who was choking underwater from the airborn toxin. Having past through the door she held it open in the hopes the others would join her soon.

Assuming the air is clear enough there to speak again, Nicola addresses her captive quincy. "Someone is coming that way, a strong reaper, most likely a seated officer or possibly a Lieutenant. We have to get some distance. We should head back and go the other way. And yes, we need to get the others."

Princess Tracy
2012-05-25, 04:03 PM
Chie wonders silently if she could maybe just take a big gulp of water. Such strange powers - relying on instinct about them would only get her so far. When Nicola unleashes her strength and wipes teh poison away, she peers her head over the surface a moment, feeling a chill in her very bones. Such a feeling of Reiatsu... intoxicating, yet abhorrent... As Nicola runs from teh room and leaves the trap in ruins, she hops from her hiding spot, still cautiously holding her breath (specifically a mouthful of water) as she runs out of teh room after Nicky-Lady. That man who slashed the lock... is SO punched...

Spacewolf
2012-05-26, 02:34 PM
Robb shoulder barges the vault door to see what was worth all this fuss

rolled a 14 in OCC for search that is for the str check to bust down the door i dunno is it possible to take 20?

BlackestOfMages
2012-05-28, 08:56 AM
Rob barges into the heavy iron door, which makes a thud but holds prtty much firm against his weight, leaving the shinigami's arm aching

OOC: no, you can't take 10 as it's a stresfull enviromnent filled with deadly, deadly gass...
Also, steel vault door. might need more than a strngth test to get through :smalltongue:

Spacewolf
2012-05-28, 09:18 AM
Robb concentrates for a few seconds before copying what he had seen Artur do earlier

Change readied manovers, Montain hammer strike to door, ignores hardness
2d6+1d10+12=30 in OCC

BlackestOfMages
2012-05-28, 09:33 AM
Rob places a second dnt in the door, the thing looking like it will collapse any moment. The sound of the claxons grows louder, causing you to need to shout to one another to communicate.

As the sound gets louder, Nicola feels some of the fonts of spiritual energy she sensed earlier begin to come closer, though thankfully the larger one remains on the floor above, seemingly pre-occupied.

Turalisj
2012-05-28, 01:31 PM
Jack went over to Robb and tapped him on the shoulder. He pointed towards the weaker looking tiles, hopefully conveying the message of a possible escape.

Hazzardevil
2012-05-28, 02:12 PM
Ivo fires his twin Mauser's at the loose tiles in the ceilings 4 times:
Attack 1
[roll0]
Crit-Confirm
[roll1]
Damage:
[roll2]
Attack 2
[roll3]
Crit-Confirm
[roll4]
Damage:
[roll5]
Attack 1, Off-Hand
Attack Roll
[roll6]
Crit-Confirm
[roll7]
Damage:
[roll8]
Attack 2, Off-Hand
[roll9]
Crit-Confirm
[roll10]
Damage:
[roll11]

BlackestOfMages
2012-05-28, 05:24 PM
Ivo's barrage punches significant holes into the tiles, blowing them away and revealing behind them a wooden door. The door seems unharmed from the spiritual bullets, and seems to slide open in response to the spiritual energy.

Outside the armoury, Chie hears what sounds to be a muffled scream from down the stairs they accended from. It sounds the same as the looter Chie "befrended".

Princess Tracy
2012-05-29, 06:08 AM
Chie steps forth down the stairs a bit, investigating, fairly oblivious to any threat as she listens out, pondering descending further and faster.

Turalisj
2012-05-29, 06:34 AM
Jack checked the door to see if it was locked. If it wasn't, Jack would go through, a hand on his sword.

BlackestOfMages
2012-05-29, 07:50 AM
Jack opens the passageway door, looking within. It leads to a smaller passageway than the one outside, though well lit and much more pleasent than the drab dungeion furnishings of the normal pathways.

Chie moves down the stairs towards the cream she heard. When she gets to the bottom of the stairwell back into the crossroads where they where before, she notices the body of one of the looters from before lying broken on the ground. A trail of blood leads from his body into the room where Chie had found the hanging corpses.

Spacewolf
2012-05-29, 10:41 AM
Robb sees jack go through the now revealed door and follows him though keeping his sword drawn

Princess Tracy
2012-05-29, 11:50 AM
Chie gathers herself and scurries off, following the trail - partially led by a sick need to overcome her previous moment of weakness.

Princess Tracy
2012-05-29, 11:53 AM
Hide [roll0]
Move Silently [roll1]
Spot [roll2]
Listen [roll3]

Hazzardevil
2012-05-29, 03:52 PM
Ivo uses balance to attempt to balance on air and get through the wooden door.
DC: 20
[roll0]

Turalisj
2012-05-29, 03:57 PM
Jack continued down the passage, sword still on his hand. He didn't want to be caught off guard, but didn't want to stab the first thing that jumped out.

BlackestOfMages
2012-05-29, 05:12 PM
Jack proceds down the passageway, his footsteps echoing alone amongst the cramped passageway, his footsteps echoing ahead of him. Jack soon notices a side passage ahead of him, where the floor begins to accend sharply, or he could continue the way he was going.

Ivo tried to balance on the air as he could in the real world, jumping off the ground and then placing his foot on the air...where it promptly fell through, causing him to look like he'd made just a little hop. giving up on that plan, he just walks through the ground level door :smallwink:

Following the Blood Trail, Chie slips stealthily into the room with the hanging corpses. Drawing closer to them, she notices something odd with them. They don't seem dead, more like they where never alive in the first place. She can see the blood trail moving through the room, to a darkened cell at the back. she can't make out much more than that.

EchoKnight
2012-05-29, 05:52 PM
Nicola rolls her eyes when Chie ran off once again. After a minute or two, the older girl starts following the younger. Hopefully getting to her, before the young spitfire gets into more trouble.

Taking care with her movements since there was that muffled scream, Nicola walked softly and stuck to the shadows. If I accidently scare the child, I'll apologise. Still, diligence with stealth does one no good unless one pays attention.

If the Spot check is unsuccessful, the rest of the post obviously can't occur. And since I'm doing that might as well add the stealth shinagins.
Query: The Suppress Reaitsu check from before still stands because of the Suppression Mastery feat right?

Spot check: [roll0]
Spot (Listen) check: [roll1]
Hide check: [roll2]
Move Silently: [roll3]

Noticing the trail of blood, Nicola presses on faster, hoping that Chie is alright. Upon finding the child in the room with corpses, she takes a sigh in relief before realising the enormity of what has occured. "Chie...we need to leave here. Now. Before whatever it was comes back..."

Nicola accompanied theses whispers with a steady hand on her friend's shoulders. Speaking of which, how did whatever it was slip past our notice before? Once again taking a moment to extend her sense and possibly miss the monster a second time, Nicola took a deep breath...

Sense Motive (Reiatsu) check: [roll]1d20+10[/roll [Edit: Oops...will do it again in the OoC thread.]
Survival (Scent) check: [roll4]

Princess Tracy
2012-05-29, 08:12 PM
"Nicky-lady... that spirit... it's far scarier than anything in this room," Chie suddenly says, standing on her tip toes to poke her in the chest. "Be careful. I'll watch your back, if you let me. And even if you won't."

Chie holds her blade aloft, at the ready. "I'm starting to remember, the more I hold this sword... I'm not afraid. I can't be." She places the tip of her blade upon the ground, materialising a small pool of water, which swiftly spreads out to form a vast puddle, spread throughout much of the room
Water generation for 1 cube; 1 SEP
"I can't run away from the dark, right? Now, whatever this is, I'm dealing with it before we move on."
Chie conjures the light of fullbringing, attempting to illuminate teh cell at the back.

BlackestOfMages
2012-05-30, 11:50 AM
Nicola managed to catch up to Chie in the room without drawing attention to herself. As Chie drew up a light, it chased away the shadows of the room and before you you can see another stone slab like the one in the interogation room. around it are three figures, and another laid out on the slab.

The three figures are standing there ungarbed, as stiff and lifeless as dolls. you can see the arm of the nearest one has been changed somehow, expanded out into an array of

when they noticed the light, one of the three figures - a woman - turns away from the group and begins to silently march into the mass of bodies towards the light. you have scant moments before she sees you.

@ Rob. The tunnel straight ahead has a noticble breeze, which plays nostalgically against your skin. Both passageways are well lit, with light ahead of each of them.

Sense motive group: Foccusing, you detect nothing much new compared to what you knew before.

Princess Tracy
2012-05-31, 11:37 AM
Chie sneaks up on the creepy lady.
Invest 2 essentia into Kruthik Claws
Move Silently [roll0]
Hide [roll1]

If unseen, punches in the face as a surprise round, shouting "HAPPY SLAP!"

Unarmed Strike Sneak Attack for nonlethal damage
attack [roll2]
damage [roll3] +Sneak Attack damage [roll4]

Initiative [roll5]

Spacewolf
2012-05-31, 04:38 PM
Reasoning that up was good Robb continues along the Branching pathway keeping to the left branch until he's far enough out of the Poison to be able to breath easily again

EchoKnight
2012-05-31, 08:52 PM
Nicola held in a sigh as she watched Chie slink off towards the newcomer. This is going to be trouble. Concetrating and offering a pray, she clasped her Rosary as the changes began.

Nicola felt her hands warp and blacken, nails growing into claws. She felt her essence, her very soul, scowl at the world around her, daring it to make her mad. But she also felt the cool comfort of silver grow in her hands, felt the beads grow into tassels. She might be a monster, but the Lord had not yet abandoned her.

Prepared now, Nicola followed after the child, making a simular effort to be undetected as well as keeping her distance*
Hide check: [roll0]
Move Silently check [roll1] + 1 SEP for action point: [roll2]
Edit: I'd activate Crown of Menace now, before I'd approaach, so it would work. Assuming that it has a duration long enough to still be useful.
*Nicola won't get closer than 15 feet*

Upon getting within reach of her new enemy, Nicola waits for Chie to make her move. Once Chie has made the first strike, Nicola focuses her mind and channels her energy toward the new comer, before she begins the her piece of Art.

Please don't forget that anyone she (Nicola) doesn't consider a friend who gets within 30 ft of her must make a DC 18 will save or take -5 penalty to pretty much everything.
Free Action, Intimidate (Reiatsu Surge: Terrifying Reiatsu) check: [roll3]
*Standard Action: Dark Simulacrum: Bakudo 04: Hainawa (Crawling Rope) (http://bleachd20-classes.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=suggestions&action=display&thread=67)

*Assumes that Crown of Mence is still active, if not, I'd use that instead.

Initiative: [roll5]

The-Mage-King
2012-05-31, 09:18 PM
Flaring power around himself, Artur strikes the door a second time, most likely bashing through it.

If it does fall down, he carefully moves into the room, looking for anything he might be able to use.

Spend 2 SEP to Mountain Hammer again.

Damage: [roll0]+[roll1]+16= 35, ignoring hardness.

Pumping a Search check with an AP, [roll2]+[roll3], and making a Spot check. [roll4]

BlackestOfMages
2012-06-01, 10:30 AM
OOC: updated map - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am1FdH22KnOQdExjUEx3bi1BcjB4Z1d3UmVZNkxrT kE&pli=1#gid=0. - I'll add this to the first post of the OOC :smallsmile:

@ Echo: Crown of menace should be a standard action to use. I'll go fix that. do you want to redo your action there? also, Kido isn't subject to arcane spell failure chance as its kido, not arcane :smallsmile:

Chie sneaks up on the "creepy woman", before shouting and striking her. The so called creepy woman does not seem phased by the punch. she turns round to face Chie, a cold red light in her unliving eyes.

Rob begins to climb up towards the light, entierly out of the poison gass.

Arthur manages to smash his way into the vault at last. within he finds a large section of finely carved weapons of all kinds (10 +1 weapons. type up to you). You also find a small box full of odd devices that look somewhat like stick with a light on top, about six of them. You can vaugley remember having simmilar things shoved in your face on a regular bases, followed by patches of blackness. Lastly, you stumble upon a still locked cabinet in which sits a vast swathe of potions, and one or two odd looking trinkets.

Hazzardevil
2012-06-01, 05:30 PM
Ivo without saying a word walks off over to B10 for fresh air.

BlackestOfMages
2012-06-04, 09:38 AM
Nicola's shadowy rope coils around the woman, but even as it does it begins to loose substance, showing itself for the illusion it is. however, as the ropes struck from her blind spot, she is unable to avoid being entangled (will pass, reflex failed. disbelieved so only 20% effect. due to lower caster level, stunned for 1 round)

The woman is unable to move against the golden rope, though her mouth still works, and she shots a warning to her pre-occupied companions. The other two figures leave the room they had inhabited, their eyes a menacing red in the darkness. The two figures sweep the room, searching the dark for Nicola and Chie, but fail to spot the two women. One of them instead raises their hand towards their trapped companion, something haening with his arm that you can barely make out, before a sphere of spiritual energy surges towards the trapped woman, epxloding outwards in a potent surge of energy; the blast engulfing his target and a number of the lifeless corpses surrounding her, as well as catching Chie (make a reflex save)

you two are up: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am1FdH22KnOQdE03RXRtd1JLRGhLb1NyTW5QTXdrb 2c#gid=0

Ivo moves out of the poisoned gass, following the passageway Jack discovered. smelling fresh air, he moves past the shinigami. As he continues towards fresh air, he sees the tunnel seems to abruptly stp - opening up towards what looks to be sunlight.

Spacewolf
2012-06-04, 02:37 PM
Robb moves up a floor to see what the source of the light is

The-Mage-King
2012-06-04, 03:24 PM
Artur grabs the six odd sticks, putting them into an inside pocket in his suit jacket.

Looking around for a sack or other means of carrying the weapons and potions, he grabs the two trinkets, sticking them into the same pocket at the ticks.

If I must force the lock, STR check.

[roll0]

Pumping with action point, a normal one.

[roll1]

Hazzardevil
2012-06-04, 05:15 PM
As Ivo leaves the gas cloud, he takes in several huge breaths, being finally able to breath again, it being a huge relief in spite of the fact he could hold his breath for another minute or so.

Turalisj
2012-06-04, 11:43 PM
Jack noticed the sunlight, and promptly turned right around. He couldn't leave the others here.

Princess Tracy
2012-06-07, 03:22 PM
Huh. RUN! Chie swings her sword and commands the water spread throughout the room, converging to grapple the scary lady.

Vortex zanpakuto ability
Grapple Check [roll0]

She then turns around and runs full pelt away from the creepy people towards the door.

Move action towards door, +80 feet speed from basic fullbringing ability (8 sep), so 110 feet covered.

BlackestOfMages
2012-06-08, 01:10 PM
Rob

walking carefully, Rob aproaches the source of sunlight, and almost tumbles down a sheer drop, The passageway leads to the outside, true, but rather than on ground level it looks to be a sheer drop - and from the height you are you can't see the floor.

around you you can feel a thin, almost unoticable haze of spiritual energy.

Arthur
Arthur manages to force the cabinet open and grabs both trinkets. One is a finely crafted silver necklace ingraved with what ooks to be a bird of some kind, a fine ruby in the centre. The other bears an inscription of a spider. Both bear the character for 2 engraved on the back.

Jack and Ivo
Jack turns around to see Ivo behind him. he can see Arthur still in the armour, and the poisoned fog seems to be starting to disperse.

Chie
...forgot her reflex save.
The young girl creates a swirlling mass of water around the woman she had previously attacked, the tendrils of liquid holder her in place as the young girl makes a break for it, her speed carrying her out of the room and back into the central ocrridor from before, leaving Nicola alone with the enemies

Spacewolf
2012-06-08, 06:35 PM
Taking a few moments to enjoy his freedom Robb decides to go back to the room infront of the vault, where the air has cleared up.

Talking in a slightly raised voice so he can be heard by the others in the area
"Found some fresh air doubt its going to be much use unless one of you can fly or something like that.
Where have the girls gotten to anyway?"

Princess Tracy
2012-06-08, 07:36 PM
Oh, wait, crap. Nicola, run! Let's seal these guys in here!

EchoKnight
2012-06-12, 05:53 PM
Having seen the destruction wrought upon her friend, a dark hungry rage builds up inside Nicola. However when Chie fled to safety, Nicola knew she would have to follow. She wasn't up to holding off three on her own, not when the pain from the electric kido trap still stung her muscles.

As she began to trail after the tiny water wielder, Nicola called out. "Best idea you've had today. Good job" Then she kicked it into high gear, slaming the door shut once she made it to the central room. Then, in a minor role reversal, Nicola took Chie's hand and dragged her away from the 'Corpse Lab'.

Move Action: Running out of the room, spending as many SEP as she can to boost her speed. (If 8, then 110 movement, same as Chie. Thought we could only increase it by base speed though).
Standard Action and/or Free action: Closing the door and nabbing Chie.
Second Move Action: (Thank you, Mask!) Taking Chie with her down the hall, back toward where she thinks the others are (the poison gas room). Due to how Fullbringing Speed Boost works (ie. Lasts the turn) that is another 110 feet away from these guys.

Princess Tracy
2012-06-12, 07:32 PM
How the hell did I miss that long post from days ago asking for a reflex save? I'm out of it, I guess.
Might as well roll it now, for old times' sake.
Reflex [roll0]

BlackestOfMages
2012-06-14, 10:59 AM
Trace and Nicola manage to escape the room with the seemingly-soulless soldiers, their enhanced speed leaving their foes behind. They slam the door behind them, then break into the room with the poison gas trap to be met with Art and Jack

Princess Tracy
2012-06-17, 08:15 AM
*Chie

Chie tests the air before entering he room proper, seeing if it's at all safe to enter, not too pleased from her last time in the room.

BlackestOfMages
2012-06-18, 08:19 AM
*Chie

Chie tests the air before entering he room proper, seeing if it's at all safe to enter, not too pleased from her last time in the room.

the air in the room is now clear enough to breath, though it's still not the most pleasent thing in the world.

EchoKnight
2012-06-21, 07:35 AM
"The door was closed not locked. We need to keep moving," said Nicola striding after Chie. She takes a cursory glance at the room before turning her attention to Jack and Ivo.

"We've got incoming. From the corpse room. Tell me you don't need a medic and you found a way out. Please," Nicola paused to glance back the she came, "we need to leave now."

Turalisj
2012-06-21, 03:42 PM
"Don't need a medic and we've got a way out. Let's get outta this place." Jack said simply, grabbing Nicola and bringing her along.

The-Mage-King
2012-06-21, 04:01 PM
"Halt. I've found a cabinet full of potions. No clue what they do, but it's probably beneficial. Grab as many as you can, and we'll take them with us. Weapons, too." Artur says, pointing to the stuff he found as he sticks a handful of potions into his jacket pockets, then heads the way Jack approached from.

Princess Tracy
2012-06-24, 12:24 PM
As Nicola is grabbed and dragged by Jack, Chie grabs hold of Nicola, creating a bit of a conga line of escapees, taking a moment to grab her small share of loot on her way out as they make for the exit. "Run, run, run from the scary things back there."

Spacewolf
2012-06-24, 12:30 PM
Robb follows the weird congo line towards the exit

EchoKnight
2012-06-24, 08:18 PM
Nicola resisted the urge to roll her eyes when she was being dragged. She actually suceeded to stopping the two facing jack. But she did not resist either Jack or Chie asthey held on to her and Jack led them to safety.

"Thank you, Mr. Jack. It's nice to have some good news, for a change." The amused note in her voice was far more obvious than the smile creeping on Nicola's face.

Princess Tracy
2012-06-25, 04:23 PM
So, how close to escape would you say we are?" Chie asks, reclaiming her cheerful attitude once more. "Because those folks back there didn't seem too friendly."

BlackestOfMages
2012-06-26, 11:55 AM
The group of you pass into the secret passageway, closing the door behind you just as you hear footsteps outside the armoury; possibly from the things Nicola and Chie found.

Follwing the path Jack found, you find yourselves climbing upwards, and the stairs begin to slowly twist and darken to pitch blackness, with only the walls to guide you upwards.

As you climb, you begin to hear something that sounds like whispered voices coming from the walls as you can see light ahead of you once more.