PDA

View Full Version : (PF) Aristocrat Fencer?

Duncan_Ruadrik
2012-05-01, 10:17 AM
Character concept: a young, minor aristocrat who never had much responsibility. I see him as decent fencer-swordsman, but who was too lazy to practice and be actually good. Same for wizardy/sorcery: He tried it, but was too lazy and bored to really be good at it. However, adventuring seemed like a natural career for him: The scenery and the challenges change week by week, and responsibility is low. Despite his shortcomings, I see him as intelligent, charismatic, curious and skillful.

I guess my rough idea of him would be a Rogue 1/Wizard or Sorcerer 1/Rogue X. perhaps some sort of archetype: maybe Swashbuckler or Rake.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fill out this build and/or concept? Id love to hear it.

Thanks in advance!

stack
2012-05-01, 10:55 AM
Magus.

Rapier is a decent weapon for a DEX magus, also giving the aristocratic feel. He can fight decently and cast some spells, INT based casting. Not as many skills as your rogue idea, but enough to cover his bases. Could easily be played as an aristocratic dabbler.

I'd ask your dm to let you take a dervish-dance type feat for rapiers to get DEX to damage. Fighting with flourish would fit nicely, make it a formal dueling style.

Corlindale
2012-05-01, 12:00 PM
A straight bard might also work, or one of the bard archetypes. Let's you avoid all the annoying multiclassing. Court Bard especially fits the aristocratic background, and it's a pretty decent archetype too.

You could also do a pure rogue, with his wizard school training reflected by high ranks in UMD and the minor/major magic rogue talents.