PDA

View Full Version : Golden Cauldron Ekphrasis Contest I Judging Thread

Empedocles
2012-05-01, 03:40 PM
As the title suggests, this is a thread for judging the first Golden Cauldron Ekphrasis Contest. Judging will continue until May 10th.

Discussion Thread. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238163)

Contest Thread. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238537)

Judging Criteria:PrC Judging Criteria
1. Accessibility: Do the requirements limit the class to a specific build? Can people achieve early entry? Most PrCs are entered at level 6, where does this one fall? (On a scale of 1 to 5 points)

2. Theme: Does the class fit the picture given? Does the class have abilities that fit a single theme: I.E. Fire-Eating guy who can eat fire, spit fire, and light himself on fire. (On a scale of 1 to 10 points)

3. Power: Most homebrew aims for tier 3. Other tiers are acceptable if it makes sense. Is this class overpowered? Underpowered? Does it have broken abilities? Can it be used for broken combos(That don't already exist, like wrightopocalypse or chain-gating)? Is it successful at what it does?(Can a fire spellcaster class make fire attacks affect a variety of enemies? Does it pull a TN and be worse than sticking with the base class? It is recommended that you put the desired Tier for the prestige class in the description. (On a scale of 1 to 10 points)

4. Style: Hardest to judge of all categories. Are there unique abilities rather than a static +1 attack bonus? Did it throw an unusual twist on the picture given? Or does it just mimic existing classes? Does it have empty levels? Is it better off as a dip class?(On a scale of 1 to 10 points)

5. Writing: Does the class description flow well? Is it in a table format? Easy to read? Good punctuation, grammar, and sentence structure...ect? Do they properly explain the abilities? (On a scale of 1 to 3 points)

6. Judge's Discretion: This accounts for any miscellaneous items the judge feels the class has or does not have, and how much they like the PrC in general. This is the only category where a judge can award a score of "0." Try to avoid that...(On a scale of 0 to 2 points)

Total score out of 40 pts.

Lord_Gareth
2012-05-04, 11:44 AM
Yay, grades!

Who are our judges?

DonQuixote
2012-05-14, 02:07 AM
*Cough*

Any word?

Lord_Gareth
2012-05-14, 02:07 AM
Aye, the suspense is MURDERING me.

Lord_Gareth
2012-05-18, 03:42 PM
I've been trading PMs with Vilpich, he says he hasn't forgotten this. Only time will tell, though.