PDA

View Full Version : Supernatural circus

DreadWarlock
2012-05-01, 05:40 PM
I had an Idea about a flying circus that has wierd performers, creatures from all of the planes in some kind of a zoo and lots of activities like aiming targets for prizes and similar theme park/circus stuff. So, I need an idea for this shows and activities, and other things that someone can think of. I have some starting points but i wasn't realy a circus kind of guy, so I need help here... Taking into account that this should be a fantasy circus

docnessuno
2012-05-01, 05:49 PM
Well i actually did play a character in a whole party inspired by a smilirar concept (PF)

Gnome summoner (Me, using my Eidolon somewhat alike a lion tamer)
Halfling summoner (My in-game 'brother', we both take the adopted trait and were raised by the circus)
Human Bard (stage magician and entertainer)
Half-orc fighter (the circus 'bouncer')

Eidolons, gaining +8 to one skill with a single evolution point (Acrobatics, athletics, etc.) and taking any shape the master desires make for amazing 'trained exotic/magical pets'

DreadWarlock
2012-05-01, 05:58 PM
well i'm planing on DMing a 3.5 planescape or similar oriented setting so no PF, but thx for the idea, I will most likely adapt it to 3.5

Rubik
2012-05-01, 06:06 PM
With critters as dangerous as you can find in a D&D world I would suggest having one or more employees that are capable of shapeshifting and/or summoning attractions for the petting zoo portion. That, or some low-level illusionists for some Silent Image/Ghost Sound attractions.

They can do anything you want short of kiddie rides.

DreadWarlock
2012-05-02, 11:47 AM
Keep coming with ideas! More information is needed. One friend sugested having a rollercoster ride through limbo or similar stuff

Malachei
2012-05-02, 11:53 AM
You might want to look at Pathfinder module E1: Carnival of Tears for inspiration.