PDA

View Full Version : Building a War hulking Hurler. Help?

EndlessWrath
2012-05-01, 06:26 PM
So.. I'm building a goofy fun character for a dnd game based off of Fezzik from The princess Bride

I currently have a 40 point buy Ogre starting at Level 8. since 6 of those levels are taken by being an Ogre. So the question is what do I put two levels into?
With the way I've lined up my stats I've done
Str: 18, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 12, wis 12, char 12... leaving my scores something like...
Str 30, dex 10, con 20, int 8, wis 12, char 8. I might swap points from wis to go into dex for stuff like Improved grapple and such..but I want to get levels going toward Hulking hurler and War hulk early on. So.. I'm thinking about doing Fighter for 2 levels instead of Barbarian for the feat gain. 5 feats will be nice for me.

So how do you all do it? How do you build your Rock throwing, impressively strong giant of a being? I'm excited because by my DM's interpretation I'll be able to mix my Throws from War Hulk and Hulking hurler. I start with the DMG page 135 gold start for an 8th level character. (27,000 if I recall correctly.)
My build as of now (still working on):
Ogre Fighter "Fezzi". 2 Levels Fighter, 4 in "ogre".
Str 30 HP:2d10 + 4d8 + 30
dex 12 AC: 15 (Nat Armor +5, Dex +1, Size -1)
con 20 Init +1
int 8 Fort: +12
wis 10 Ref +2
char 8 Will +1
Bab/Grapple: +5/+19
Skills: Climb +19

Feats: 1) Power Attack.
2) Point Blank Shot
3) Weapon Focus (what should I focus? Thrown weapon preferably a boulder! >.< I don't know if I can do that though.)
Itemwise, I'll be picked up Gloves that double range of my thrown weapons. Otherwise.. roughly 25000 gold to spend however I please. I toyed with the idea of having a Bag of holding full of Boulders and other Rocks that I just throw on and off. Hell I could just fill it with heavy/sizeable items that I'd use for throwing.

I don't know if I should take cleave NOW or wait till later. Otherwise I'm looking at some other feats. Hurling Charge will be fun, Improved grapple and improved unarmed strike hopefully at some point. I'm doing those more for flavor than optimization.
As notes.. the DM wants us to optimize for the challenging game.. but be sure not to break it.

Please.. any suggestions in building this guy is very appreciated. I'm looking at doing 13 levels of War hulk/Hulking hurler so the only class help I'm looking at is: "Should I take two levels of Barbarian or two levels of Fighter."

I beg you guys for Feat suggestions and Item suggestions or even how I should handle combat with this guy.

Final notes: The party is looking at being A wizard, a Sorcerer (both have an additional system of magic that the DM has made...I'm sure will work similar to Ritual Magic from 4th Edition. They'll be very different though). There are 2 party members who I'm not sure what they'll do. One of them is looking at playing Vizinni though :smalltongue: So maybe A Halfling/Human Rogue Or something.

We're being pulled into a new realm for this game. So feats like Leadership won't be allowed at the start because they won't pull our followers with us.
I am building Fezzik basically >.< yeah I know its a bit cheesy but I'm sure I'll enjoy my parody. Its why I've taken Climb as my one skill x_x, and its also why I've built this rock throwing, grappling and club swinging brute.

I was thinking about being light on my weapon.. I was considering just buying a club and walking around smacking people with it till I build up the hulking hurler bit. If you have suggestion on a better weapon please be free to let me know!

Edit: All books are welcome EXCEPT for Psionics and Psionic related Material. Also everything is up to be denied based on DM interpretation (like Leadership above)

EDIT: I took points from my Wisdom-> My Dex in the character creation above.
Thanks for the help guys.
-Wrath