PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare: Help with making Onieromancy

OracleofSilence
2012-05-01, 07:47 PM
Basically what i said in the title. Is there any way to really use the Onieromancy feat chain in Heroes of horror as a general combat tactic?

Basically, i am trying to find a way to consistently get battle's into dreamscapes and nightmare realms where these feats actually function. Short ofvery luck rolls with Sleep and its improved versions, is there anything that would actually make this an effective tactic, or is it just for DM's?

Roguenewb
2012-05-01, 08:12 PM
There's the planeshift variant for dream realms. But if he makes the save, you are stuck in a dreamscape without him...

OracleofSilence
2012-05-01, 08:32 PM
Yeah, but my essential goal is to find a way to make this tactic work regardless of campaign setting, so long as dreamscapes of ANY form exist. It seems that the best way would be to target people while they are asleep, but that is not a useful tactic in most situations.

Sleep would work at low levels, but there are no ways of entering Dreadscapes then. Eternal Slumber would work at higher levels, but still, it has the weakness of allowing a save.

Question to the playground in general: in Eberron for example would creating a planar breach to Dal Quor allow Onieromancy to funciton on Eberron?