PDA

View Full Version : Making cleric control undead

Jabberwocky12
2012-05-01, 09:43 PM
Hi guys,

This is part 2 to my thread before about maximizing a cleric trying to summon things.

Well my cleric died. As a part of the next session the DM said I have the option of rebuilding my cleric, but I have to make it somewhat inherently evil or at least more horrific.

I figured the best way to do that is to make it control undead rather than summon creatures.

So going with that, what would be the best way to maximize out the ability to control undead as a 10th level cleric?

Only the completes are open.

As a follow-up, are the "create X undead" spells worth it, or should I just do a bunch of skeletons and zombies?

Would this work in conjunction with summoning creatures or should I do one or the other? Would being a necromancer truly help or would that just be a waste since I'm already a cleric?

Ballista
2012-05-01, 10:32 PM
According to most people True Necromancer is a trap; as for the cleric, Deathbound domain is a must for the increase to the HD limit for undead, you could also try to capitalize off of your rebuking, but you won't be using it as often, so DMM persist all the way. Alternatively, try to convince your DM to allow you to go Dread Necromancer if you want to really get into minionmancy. Get the Corpsecrafter feat tree to buff your undead buddies.

If you want to be funny about it, get Destruction Retribution, raise a couple of small animals (squirrels, rabbits etc), keep them in a bag and throw them at people like grenades, or at your undead to heal em.

Edit: For all your Necromancy needs (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19872726/Revised_Necromancer_Handbook)

Randomguy
2012-05-01, 11:14 PM
If spell compedium's allowed, then you've got the trusty summon undead I through V spells, for all your skeletal needs.