PDA

View Full Version : A question about martial study

Togath
2012-05-01, 09:57 PM
After looking through ToB last night I noticed something odd about martial study; from what I read it looks like you can choose a maneuver from any discipline, and refresh it using your normal mechanic, does this mean that a warblade could take a devoted spirit, desert wind, setting sun, or shadow hand maneuver and refresh it as he would a warblade maneuver?

Bakkan
2012-05-01, 10:16 PM
That is exactly correct.

Togath
2012-05-01, 10:25 PM
Neat, and it will help with a character concept I had for a campaign I'll be playing in a few weeks if I can use the warblade recovery method for a few desert wind or setting sun maneuvers.

Particle_Man
2012-05-02, 11:52 AM
Remember the restrictions though: the feat can be taken no more than three times, and the maneuvers gained by that feat cannot be "dropped and replaced" a la the Crusader/Warblade/Swordsage class feature.

Martial stance on the other hand . . . :smallbiggrin:

Malachei
2012-05-02, 11:58 AM
Martial stance on the other hand . . . :smallbiggrin:

. . . is the reason to take martial study in the first place :smallbiggrin:

FMArthur
2012-05-02, 12:01 PM
...As is becoming my customary greeting, I will strongly recommend taking a quick look at the New Wondrous Magical Items section of ToB on pages 149-150 before doing anything with the Martial Study feat.

Suddo
2012-05-02, 02:17 PM
...As is becoming my customary greeting, I will strongly recommend taking a quick look at the New Wondrous Magical Items section of ToB on pages 149-150 before doing anything with the Martial Study feat.

Shhh... If you let everyone know about those it won't be secret anymore.

Also I'd like to point out that it becomes very confusing, correct me if I'm wrong, if you have more than 1 ToB base class as it is often ruled that you have to choose which class gets the maneuvers for the recovery purpose.