PDA

View Full Version : Delete this please

missmvicious
2012-05-02, 04:29 AM

Dr.Epic
2012-05-02, 08:07 AM
I think you're going to have to go into more detail about the project. You haven't stated anything about characters or plot. Your offer isn't very enticing.

Domochevsky
2012-05-02, 08:54 AM
I think you're going to have to go into more detail about the project. You haven't stated anything about characters or plot. Your offer isn't very enticing.

This, pretty much. Also clarify what exactly you are asking of a potential artist. (style, level of details, colors, no colors, etc.)

Also, you're a self-admited flake, hm? What guarantees the artist that you won't bail on him/her halfway through? >_>

Mazeburn
2012-05-03, 11:45 AM
Hey is there anyone out there with enough discipline to illustrate a comic?

Yup, lots of people. :D But... The only way to find out if you have that discipline is to sit down and draw a comic. And most people who draw comics have a million other comics they want to draw themselves. So... they'll be doing that instead.

If you are actually serious about this, and if you aren't going to invest the time to learn to draw, you have to invest the money to pay an artist for their time. I see a lot of threads like this, and I'm sorry, but nobody is going to do it without seeing cash upfront, I'm afraid. Artists can't eat promised future funds any more than writers or McDonald's workers can.

And if you can't invest either the time or the money... Then you're probably not as genuinely serious as you think you are. Seriousness comes through actions and personal sacrifices, not just words. :smallsmile:

MethosH
2012-05-03, 02:35 PM
I'm sorry to say... But this is from experience. If you invested 2 years into a story for a comic without any art. You have just something that is too complex to work.

Even if you find someone to draw your idea just won't cut it. If you write and write and write and write... you may be a good writer, but that doesn't make you a good comic writer since you just don't know the concepts of comic as literature tool.

If you invested 2 years on this idea and you just got the same idea but more elaborated.. that probably means you idea haven't collided with others yet. And when you find an artists and ideas collide you will just be too stubborn to throw away some parts of your 2 years "work". It sounds like your idea is overcomplex and immature.

But I may be wrong.

EDIT: You should also be able to do storyboards on your own. So you can show the artist your ideas.