PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon: Successors of the Forgotten (OOC)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

EdroGrimshell
2013-11-28, 01:26 AM
Mitsuru, nice, the Persona series is a favorite and is surprisingly fitting in this instant.

Dragonsage
2013-11-28, 01:38 AM
Yeah it's was her or Rise from 4 but i liked Mitsuru slightly more....also get it? Persona...it's a pun...

EdroGrimshell
2013-11-28, 01:42 AM
Yeah it's was her or Rise from 4 but i liked Mitsuru slightly more....also get it? Persona...it's a pun...

Rise's appearance lends to her actual personality as slightly shy and reserved. Mitsuru wears confidence, if the look on her face is anything to go by :smalltongue:

IrnBruAddict
2013-11-28, 01:51 AM
What? No love for Kanji from Persona 4?

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120218235934/megamitensei/images/thumb/c/c1/Kanji_cross_dressing.jpg/426px-Kanji_cross_dressing.jpg

Russ could have pulled off this look as well as Sylvia

Dragonsage
2013-11-28, 01:52 AM
damn it Irn i was saving that for when we had to make the male characters go drag

KujiUn
2013-11-28, 01:53 AM
You guys are horrible. >_>

Dragonsage
2013-11-28, 01:53 AM
I'm not horrible. I'm whorable! :D

EdroGrimshell
2013-11-28, 01:59 AM
You guys are horrible. >_>

His shadow fits your typical character profile, big muscle-bound man with questionable sexual preferences :smallamused:

Spacewolf
2013-11-30, 03:04 PM
inevitably bad wis roll
[roll0]

Dragonsage
2013-11-30, 05:52 PM
too many D's!!!

Sylvia's wis check to check their accents [roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2013-11-30, 11:11 PM
My own Wis check to see if what they just did was some form of slight of hand (like having a blood pack on her hand filled with Rosesong blood to activate the sword or if it was just a trick and it was a pokemon the whole time).

[roll0]

IrnBruAddict
2013-12-01, 12:42 PM
nope, looks like it was real far as you can tell.

IrnBruAddict
2013-12-05, 08:05 PM
And I bet you all though I'd forgotten about that place :smalltongue:

Dragonsage
2013-12-05, 08:06 PM
we didn't forget, just been busy... was actually planning to head there to train when we got a gap between plot events next

EdroGrimshell
2013-12-05, 08:09 PM
we didn't forget, just been busy... was actually planning to head there to train when we got a gap between plot events next

Same, though I may not get the chance with the talk later. Which I actually need to talk to Irn about. Irn, if you have Skype my username is Edro Grimshell. If not I'll just send you a PM with a new Pad

IrnBruAddict
2013-12-05, 08:12 PM
No skype, sorry. PM me.

EdroGrimshell
2013-12-11, 03:03 PM
Requested Rolls
[roll0]

[roll1]

IrnBruAddict
2013-12-25, 05:12 AM
Since all the other GMs are giving out xmas presents, you guys can either hae 3000 xp to distribute as you wish, or choose a new pokemon (including the new Gen 6 stuff) for your character.

EdroGrimshell
2013-12-25, 12:52 PM
Since all the other GMs are giving out xmas presents, you guys can either hae 3000 xp to distribute as you wish, or choose a new pokemon (including the new Gen 6 stuff) for your character.

Flabebe would be nice, especially after I grass shift it.

KujiUn
2013-12-25, 06:40 PM
HAWLUCHA! (extra character here)

Dragonsage
2013-12-25, 06:44 PM
Panda for me?

Regalus
2013-12-27, 03:15 PM
Chi noms on 3000 xp.

Eshkigal
2014-01-07, 08:35 PM
Okay, guys, I have something I think is a big risk, but it may pay off in the long run as I may have left residue and do not want to raise flags, especially since if they can nullify me, they may be able to sense me too.
I plan to mention Emma's an empath, play off what was used as simply getting vibes off emotions on a large scale, and mentioning that there is no customary emanation from her. You guys think that this'll backfire on me or work out?

KujiUn
2014-01-08, 05:54 PM
Hey Irn you forgot a post for me.

KujiUn
2014-01-17, 04:51 PM
DEX rolls!

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Regalus
2014-01-18, 07:33 AM
Hello everypne pardon the silence as of late. My pc died this week and I had to wait 'till the weekend to send it for repairs, and grab my backup pc. I'll try to get a post out soon.

EdroGrimshell
2014-01-28, 01:16 PM
Rent-A-Mon Roll: [roll0]

Dragonsage
2014-01-28, 06:03 PM
roll 20 for Kenshi

[roll0]

KujiUn
2014-01-30, 03:12 PM
WIS check! [roll0]

IrnBruAddict
2014-02-06, 01:44 PM
Well guys, I've mentioned multiple times that my laptop has been having power issues, and it looks like it no longer can take a charge:smallfrown:. Until I can either get this fixed or get a new laptop, the game is on hold, sorry. I can still access GiTP from my phone, so you can still PM me if need be. I'll let you all know when this gets sorted.

Pary for my laptop!!!!!!:smalleek:

IrnBruAddict
2014-02-09, 06:16 PM
Well got my laptop back, working and fixed much faster than I thought :D

I'll get a post out some time tomorrow since it's a bit late.

Eshkigal
2014-02-09, 11:02 PM
Crits are always appreciated from the giving end.
[roll0]

Spacewolf
2014-02-18, 02:06 PM
Binary translation Int check

[roll0]

Eshkigal
2014-03-05, 12:29 PM
light healing power on Scales
[roll0]
And one for the drifloon, because why not
[roll1]

Regalus
2014-03-06, 09:50 AM
Rolling Cover check to intercept the attack: [roll0]

Most excellent, exactly what I needed.

Eshkigal
2014-03-13, 06:26 PM
perception - [roll0]

KujiUn
2014-03-13, 06:35 PM
SPARRING!?

Russ:
Arms: [roll0] [roll1] AC6 -Norm
Arms: [roll2] [roll3] AC6 P-Fire
Slam: [roll4] [roll5] AC6 P-Norm

GUNK:
Poison Sting: [roll6] [roll7] AC2 P-Pois
Faint Attack: [roll8] [roll9] CM P-Dark
Revenge: [roll10] [roll11] AC2 P-Fight

Regalus
2014-03-19, 02:34 PM
Leah Cover ROll" [roll0]

IrnBruAddict
2014-03-19, 06:41 PM
Reggy, roll me a perception check plz

Regalus
2014-03-19, 08:37 PM
Sure thing irn.

[roll0]

THat was a terrible roll. How screwed am I? Should I wait before posting?

IrnBruAddict
2014-03-20, 04:29 PM
Nah, go ahead and posty

KujiUn
2014-03-31, 10:30 AM
We're online everyone!

IrnBruAddict
2014-03-31, 10:51 AM
We're online everyone!

I'll believe it when I see it :P

Dragonsage
2014-03-31, 02:59 PM
everything is lies!!!

EdroGrimshell
2014-03-31, 04:24 PM
Are Kuji and I getting our own threads or are we continuing on this one?

IrnBruAddict
2014-03-31, 05:48 PM
I don't fancy having a thread each for you and Kuji, but I could put the both of you in a combined spin-off thread. That sound good?

EdroGrimshell
2014-03-31, 06:19 PM
Perfectly fine by me. I only ask because it could get cluttered on here.

IrnBruAddict
2014-03-31, 06:56 PM
Kuji, you cool with that?

KujiUn
2014-03-31, 07:28 PM
Yep, I'm okay with that!

Sorry, I'm starting to miss the emails already ;_;

IrnBruAddict
2014-04-04, 01:03 PM
That all the drama over? You guys ready to continue?

EdroGrimshell
2014-04-04, 01:07 PM
I believe so.

Regalus
2014-04-04, 01:16 PM
Unless someone says otherwise I'd have to concur.

Eshkigal
2014-04-04, 02:08 PM
Silly irn, the drama's never over! We just move to different sources of it, like we are now.

Spacewolf
2014-04-05, 04:49 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

I'll go for the -10 modifier only got one spot left on my roster so may as well see if i can make it worthwhile.

IrnBruAddict
2014-04-07, 05:39 PM
I should probably give you guys a list of everything the van can do.

It's a modified 6 person camper van.
It is powered by solar panels, but has a tan of gas in-case of night time driving or desert storms.
It has 2 modes of transport, wheeled and hover.
Hover is to prevent it getting stuck in sand, and floats a few inches off the ground. It's advised to not drive up hills or over water in hover mode.
The tire mode is a set of off-road tires, with 2 spares. The rims are also reinforced, to give you 20-30 minutes of driving on rims in emergency.
The van contains a water purifier and a fridge for travel, decently stocked.
It contains a healing bed to heal up to 6 pokemon just like a Centre would, but needs 12 hours of charging with the solar panels to recharge.
It has a state of the art GPS system.
It has a secured phone line, with access to both Gateon Ranger HQ and Cross(the guy who made the van)'s personal line, using it for other numbers is not advised outside emergencies since it would no longer be secure.
It has another secure line for access to your boxes.
It has 2 one-shot flare guns.
A bio lock, so only a registered person holding the keys can enter the van.
It does not have access to the internet, for security purposes.

KujiUn
2014-04-08, 06:32 PM
Confusion: [roll0]

Regalus
2014-04-11, 10:19 AM
Hey guys, I'm tempted to have Garret join the fun since he has been behaving better. What do you folks think?

Also Irn, does the ground count as a SPeed 0 or 1 target if I were to use Electroball on it?

Eshkigal
2014-04-11, 10:43 AM
I dunno, this is a lot of juice flying about, so it may be like him and the gengar again. Maybe if you feed him first.

IrnBruAddict
2014-04-11, 11:20 AM
since speed 0 would lead to an infinite electroball (don't divide by 0), I'd say use speed 1 if you are going to.

Regalus
2014-04-11, 11:24 AM
So given the time that's been spent since their little heart to heart, would Damien have a good reason to believe Garret might be able to handle the experience +/- a snack before hand to take the edge off his nerves?

IrnBruAddict
2014-04-11, 11:48 AM
Well that's for Damien to decide IC, isn't it? :smallamused: Does he trust the little yellow ball of doom?

Regalus
2014-04-11, 11:54 AM
Best to try then, otherwise both Damien and I are gonna keep fretting about the little guy. Trust needs to start at some point so it can actually grow after all.

Esprit15
2014-04-19, 09:46 AM
Zoe Moranai (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/t8RfIIK_Lwgg8gAbTZWtF6A/htmlview) is here and will use this color for a change.

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-04-19, 10:07 AM
Catherine Lewis (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/tMXrQPVVAnEzD9X2l8tnVhA/htmlview#)

"I hit like a girl. Hard and strong."

Also: here are my pokemon oddities habits, etc:

Striker: Spits on defeated opponents as a sign of respect
Brawler: Can't stop moving. always punching in the air, ducking and weaving, etc.
Fighter: Just like how James gets attacked by every grass type he owns, Fighter will give Catherine a swift punch or chop everytime he comes out.
Raider: Tries to be a show off every time.

Anubis Dread
2014-04-19, 12:35 PM
Yay, congratulations everyone who was accepted. And look forward to playing with all these awesome established characters :smallbiggrin:. Even if it is tangentially.

Anyway, here is Tiffany Bright (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/tMa6FkDhdwTarygF3fwV-9Q/htmlview#), claiming the most appropriate color I could find.

IrnBruAddict
2014-04-19, 04:41 PM
Someone ask for a new thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?343256-(PTA)-Defiance-of-the-Forgotten-Knights-of-Hoenn)?

Feel free to converse, RP or whatever. The game proper will start on monday.

Aneurin
2014-04-20, 06:43 AM
I'm here, and I think Sayuri will use purple for her speech.

IC post will be along presently.

Name: Sayuri (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_xzGwBwPPl3cXodH3ZsuuvagLnzJd8CMILrcJi9pb7E/edit?usp=sharing)
Origin: Hoenn

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n570/aneurin2/Sayuri_zpse07a1aa4.png

Ten Years Ago, Tentin Ranch

Far off in the distance is a speck that – if you knew what it was you were looking at – might just be recognisable as a thirteen year-old girl riding a ponyta, her long black hair billowing out behind her, and the dust-stained hem once-pristine dress hitched up around her knees. Behind her, there’s a smaller speck with it’s own dust cloud, that could quite easily be a faithful growlithe racing after his mistress.

“Say-yur-ri!” Hideki Tentin bellows for at least the tenth time. As with every other attempt to call her, though, the distant dust cloud ignores him. “Say- Ah, what is wrong with that girl?” he sighs in exasperation, shading his eyes to squint at the increasingly distant figure. “She pesters me for a week to come with me to Lilycove to buy supplies, then the day we’re due to set out she ups and vanishes!” he adds, scowling and tugging at his beard in frustration.

“She’s your daughter, dear,” Eri Tentin looks up briefly from her sewing. “She takes after her father,”

Five Years Ago, PokéMonthly HQ, Rustboro City

Sayuri flinches as the man suddenly leans forward over the desk.

“So. You think you’ve got what it takes to be a photographer for PokéMonthly, Miss Tentin?”

Nervously, she nods. The flowing black locks are now green and hang to her waist in twin ponytails, and she’s wearing a white summer dress – which is currently being twisted by her hands beneath the table. The man really is quite intimidating.

“Hmm,” he somehow makes it sound like a condemnation. “These are samples of your work?” he asks, waving a hand at the scattered shots before him. Once again, Sayuri nods – this time with more confidence. She’s proud of her pictures.

“Impressive,” he raises a bushy eyebrow. “And you can produce more like this, on request?”

“Ye-“

“Then you’re hired. Your references check out, and we always need talent like yours. Go and see Miss Takani and she’ll tell you what to do next,” Before Sayuri can even begin to thank him, he’s calling for the next applicant.

One Month Ago, Head Office of Ten Tin Pictures – also known as Sayuri’s Flat

Well, freelance work wasn’t going so great after all. Seemed like such a great idea at the time – no deadlines, no editor cursing your work and no involuntary early starts. It would be a great idea, too, if only people wanted freelance photographers - or, at least, wanted to pay them a decent amount of cash. Ugh. Well, checking the mail might kill another ten minutes.

Bill.
Bill.
Another bill...
Rent’s due...
Huh. What’s this?

The envelope’s stamped with PokéMonthly’s logo – but why would they be sending her anything after she quit two months ago? Unless it’s the months’ wages they claim they don’t owe her. Shyeah, like that’s gonna happen.

What’s inside, though, is a surprise.

Hey, Sayuri,

It’s been a while since I heard from you, though I guess you’re busy with the new job and all. Still – you should find time to write to your friends!

Anyway, since I know Mr. Hawthorn still refuses to cough up the pay he owes you, I thought he could do you a favour another way – aside from ‘lending’ me the stationary to write to you, ha ha!

There's a big tournament being held for Princess Elizabeth's birthday coming up, and PokéMonthly has been given some press badges. It just so happens that someone I really, really hope will remain nameless 'accidentally' added your name to the list of eligibile staff, and then 'accidentally' issued one in your name - what a totally lucky coincidence for you! I know you don't do the journalist thing so much any more, but I bet you'll have a great chance to score some commissions of the vain up-and-comings fighting for a place in the League - and you'll get the best seat for taking pictures of the matches, too.

Now, I don’t know if you care much about life back here at the office, but things have been pretty dull since you left. No-one training the local pidgeys to have ‘accidents’ – wink wink – on the boss, or swapping the labels of Attract and Repel before someone goes out on a field expedition, and we certainly haven’t had anyone sneak their growlithe past building security!

Oh, things haven’t been half so fun here since you left. I hope you’re keeping well, and Ten Tin Pictures is the fabulous success it ought to be! When you need to hire a secretary, I certainly hope you’ll keep me in mind!

Take care of yourself, and write soon – or else!

Your friend,
Lizzie Takani

P.S. Say hi to Teddy for me!

P.P.S. I don't know if I said, but a few months ago my brother got in to training in a big way and catches simply everything he sees. He's got so many now he doesn't know what to do with them all! He asked me if I knew a trainer who might help look after some, and I thought of you - I know how well you look after Teddy, Ali and Willow, after all, and I thought they might like a grimer to be friends with.

P.P.P.S I called him Muckles! He's adorable, if a bit smelly.

Sayuri puts the letter down very, very carefully and looks at the pokeball in her other hand that had come with the letter. Already an unpleasant, and curiously penetrative smell is coming from it. It's hard to think of a pokemon less appropriate to have in a confined space - but that's Lizzie all over, one moment radiating pure genius and the next doing something utterly crazy.

She smiles at her friend's inimitable eclectic style, and glances down at the growlithe lying beside the sofa.

“Hey, boy,” she says softly, her voice still carrying a hint of the drawl of her home. “Lizzie says hi. You remember Lizzie, right?”

Teddy’s ears twitch a couple of times, before letting out a ‘huff’ – one which likely means “don’t care, sleeping”. Sayuri responds by resting her feet on him as she sorts through the last of the mail.

"Well, I could sure use the work," she says after a while in a thoughtful tone. "How d'you feel about a trip, boy?" she adds, giving Teddy a poke with one toe.

Teddy huffs again, and settles himself more firmly - fiercely determined to finish his nap, no matter what the consequences.

"Guess I'll take that as a yes, then..." she sniffs, and wrinkles her nose. The newly arrived Muckles is busily adding his unique aroma to the tiny apartment. "And maybe I'll find someone who wants to give a poor grimer a good home with lots and lots of fresh air around him..."

Cherubi using Magic Leaf against a Mincino (Raise Magic Leaf's AC by 2 against one of Sayuri's pokemon) = $320

Jeff being carried away by a Knight = $280

Violet fishing, in silhouette against the sea and the bright blue sky = $300

Alys with her Syvleon and new Braixen, Catherine with a Frogadier on Lucario's head, Zoe getting her leg licked by a croconaw, plus an Espurr = $200

Mysterious Giant Blue Bird from the Tournament = $220

Oddish using Sleep Powder on Timburr = $240 (in Battle Album)

Willow, Ali, Teddy, Muckles and Vee brawling on a boat's deck = $360

Alomomola caught on a fishing line = $200

Sleeping Pineco in the Park = $440

User takes +2 AC to target one of Sayuri's pokemon.

Oddish using Sleep Powder on Timburr

Dracio
2014-04-20, 11:20 PM
Congrats on all who made it, this will be fun.

Noctis Eques (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uHNXB9ytght0IEoiUHQYiPosovjdHL_wxlLUvfqNSxY/edit#gid=1050902587) here and ready, with this color.

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-04-22, 06:30 AM
Congrats on all who made it, this will be fun.

Noctis Eques (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uHNXB9ytght0IEoiUHQYiPosovjdHL_wxlLUvfqNSxY/edit#gid=1050902587) here and ready, with this color.

wait, Noctis was a PC? well I did not know that. I would have said something different

KujiUn
2014-04-27, 06:33 PM
HEY DOF DUDES! We SoF players have a pad, to chat and hang out and ask questions and stuff, and you guys are welcome to join: http://edupad.ch/kw7amZxDZp

IrnBruAddict
2014-04-28, 02:45 PM
Hey guys, I know I usually try and post once every weekday, but today I'm too sleepy, so no post today, sorry.

DoF, I'll get your fights all started tomorrow.
Kuji, gimme some CHA rolls for your plan
SoF, sorry about the delay, I'll get you to Agate tomorrow.

*goes to bed before anyone can protest him.* :smalltongue:

KujiUn
2014-04-28, 02:47 PM
CHA Rolls for Russ!

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Dracio
2014-04-29, 06:54 PM
Seeing as how I some how screwed up one of the rolls so it won't display I will put that part here.
[roll0]

Dragonsage
2014-05-01, 01:21 PM
just gonna point out that the reason I haven't caught the honedge, is because irn pointed out a while back that the scabbard counted as it's pokeball. So I assume that mean's it's already caught by who ever is the owner of the sword and is already in a pokeball technically.

Eshkigal
2014-05-01, 01:34 PM
Well yes, however, we're going into Agate and if we can find a loophole that lets you have your sword, isn't it worth a shot? Especially if being separated from it could easily mean ninjas stealing it?
Also, then you can surprise people by always being armed.

Aneurin
2014-05-01, 03:54 PM
Sorry for the lack of posts from Sayuri; I've just been very much busier than expected the last few days. I'll try and get an IC post up tomorrow.

IrnBruAddict
2014-05-01, 04:14 PM
No problem Aneurin. I always say Real Life comes first. Luckily you're not in the middle of a fight, so your character being quiet isn't a massive deal :smalltongue: Glad you're back :smallsmile:

IrnBruAddict
2014-05-02, 02:29 PM
SoF group. Since you did get an encounter there, have 1000 xp. Obviously much less than you'd have gotten if you actually beat the guys up, but some of you have something against attacking random guards :smalltongue:.

IrnBruAddict
2014-05-07, 12:52 PM
Yeah, I know I fell asleep without posting last night, but who cares! New Hoenn Games Announced! (http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/)

http://i.imgur.com/TXXY3IQ.gif

Dragonsage
2014-05-07, 01:36 PM
http://i.imgur.com/5YtxGdE.gif?1?3136

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-05-07, 05:51 PM
[roll0] paralasis

Eshkigal
2014-05-08, 07:53 PM
Hey, we have a whole new pokedex for PTA! Gen 6 PTA dex (http://www.mediafire.com/view/9nbld1l2e86kl44/XYPokedex.pdf)

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-05-10, 06:42 PM
Nice!

[roll0] ****ing para

FINNALY

...ecept the attack missed. **** my luck

IrnBruAddict
2014-05-15, 04:16 PM
I should mention that all the exp I give out is before mods. If you have Ace Trainer or Type Ace multipliers to your xp gain, you'll add that yourself. I will always just give out the base xp for the fights.

IrnBruAddict
2014-05-24, 05:26 PM
Psst, Es, you forgot the d100 for the pokemon :smalltongue:

Esprit15
2014-05-24, 09:34 PM
Where? [roll0]

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-05-25, 12:07 AM
[roll0] come on dice, land me something good

Esprit15
2014-05-25, 12:08 AM
Double Post: Goldclaw, you too, d100 roll.

EDIT: Damn you ninjas! Well, looks like I don't get us very far in at first (unless this is successive checks)

weirdsound
2014-05-26, 11:41 PM
Hey, new player here.

GM said drop my sheet when it is finished, and I think I just about have it finished and am ready to start.

http://kotodes.wikidot.com/miranda-freud

Only question I have before I finish is about the True Ability feature. Can I apply it to my Pokemon during character creation, or do I have to do that in game? If you do let me apply the feature, I'll give my Pokemon the following abilities:

Alder: Mind Mold
Venkman: White Smoke
Alfina: Moxie
Curie: Hydration
Gore: Poison Touch
Amelia: Mach Speed

IrnBruAddict
2014-05-27, 02:47 PM
Hey SoF guys, this is Weird, a friend of Kuji's who will be teaming up with him in CoF, so when Russ finished his wrestling side-quest, there is a good chance Miranda will team up with the SoF team, so you might want to check her sheet out.

Dragonsage
2014-05-27, 02:49 PM
and thus bringing the current "Amelia" name to a count of 2 :D

welcome!

Anubis Dread
2014-05-27, 03:20 PM
Huh, I actually missed that they were Finneon from your description. Still, I don't think they'd be a good fit for Tiffany. I mean, she wants a water pokemon eventually, and a cute contest pokemon, but unfortunately the two don't really fit well.

I guess I could do a quick Bulbapedia check... oh, they get like... four or five cute moves. And they're actually useful. When cute moves are usually notoriously unuseful. And it would have at least two right this very second.

Well still it would be silly to go back at this point. I guess I could check out the evolved form and - omg pretty! :smallbiggrin:

...okay change of plan :smalltongue:

IrnBruAddict
2014-05-27, 03:40 PM
I usually just give a brief description of the pokemon so you can guess what it is, and wait till someone points a dex at it before giving it's name.

And glad to see someone likes my fishes! :smalltongue:

Anubis Dread
2014-05-27, 03:46 PM
That's slightly complicated as I don't think any of us HAVE pokedexs yet, do we? :smalltongue: But I do approve of the approach in general, I've just been busy lately so when I didn't find out what it was with a few general searches I assumed it fell into the usual 'fish water pokemon' category of not fitting Tiffany's team :smallredface:

Aneurin
2014-05-27, 03:55 PM
That's slightly complicated as I don't think any of us HAVE pokedexs yet, do we? :smalltongue: But I do approve of the approach in general, I've just been busy lately so when I didn't find out what it was with a few general searches I assumed it fell into the usual 'fish water pokemon' category of not fitting Tiffany's team :smallredface:

I believe Sayuri has a feature that makes her into a pokedex, but she's not there either :smalltongue:

Aaand... I forgot to roll for that picture.

[roll0] x 20

KujiUn
2014-05-29, 03:58 PM
Teleport check: [roll0]

KujiUn
2014-05-30, 04:25 PM
Clone POOF Damage: [roll0]

weirdsound
2014-06-01, 04:10 PM
Sorry 'bout not posting recently. Actually was at a real boxing gym, watching real amateur boxing... Not quite wrestling, but close enough perhaps to help me develop Miranda's interaction with her setting. :)

KujiUn
2014-06-03, 02:46 PM
Finally, HAWK smashes into the Servine with a Brick Break!

AC2: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] P-Fight

IrnBruAddict
2014-06-04, 04:25 PM
Yo, just a quick heads up, since next week I start a new job, posting might slow down initially while I get used to the pace of working shifts, but that games will continue. Just giving a heads up in-case I'm too tired next week to get a post out, don't want y'all panicking without me :smallwink:

Quick question in DoF, are you guys splitting up or all heading back?

KujiUn
2014-06-04, 06:42 PM
[roll0] Rolling this in OOC so I can better construct my post around it.

Esprit15
2014-06-14, 02:46 PM
Adding another thing to the fight: [roll0]

weirdsound
2014-06-15, 04:52 PM
[roll0]
Uh-Oh... Triple Crit Fail

Esprit15
2014-06-18, 03:50 PM
Hey, Dracio, Goldclaw! Am I in this fight alone or not?

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-06-18, 04:11 PM
Um, have I got a response for Striker's action

Esprit15
2014-06-18, 04:56 PM
What action? Both foes are plainly visible.

IrnBruAddict
2014-06-19, 07:13 PM
Sorry, been busy with work past few weeks. Technically Striker and Pristrix need to act first. You can attack the pink thing attacking Zoe, but Striker can't spot it with Aura yet as no time has actually passed yet, till you guys take your turn.

On the good news, my training finishes this week, so back to working normal hours, and I can post again!!!:smallbiggrin:

Dracio
2014-06-20, 04:31 PM
Sorry RL has been busy and waiting to see what Striker does. Things though are now in a groove mostly so I should be back to normal posting for all games now.

Edit: Actually I think I read Pristrix 's speed wrong(what I get for not paying too close attention) I think it might actually be 13 so I will go ahead and post in combat.

IrnBruAddict
2014-06-23, 03:14 PM
[roll0], can't miss
[roll1], p ghost
(think that's right, if not, it's your own damn fault for not rolling Kuji!)

So, guys! Turns out there is a new update to PTA! Linky here (http://s4.zetaboards.com/Pokemon_Tabletop/topic/10112409/1/) Unfortunately, I've not had a chance to read over it yet, and some of you are really nervous about some of the changes. Thankfully, I'm off work for the next two days, and now on day time shifts, so I'll try and read over. For the moment while there are ongoing fights, consider us not switched over yet. Also, thanks for bearing with my training and not posting. That's over now, so look forward to faster updates! :smallbiggrin:

Esprit15
2014-06-23, 04:29 PM
So, helps if I actually post an AC roll... [roll0] 2, confuse 19-20

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-07-02, 02:31 PM
Sorry for being MIA for a while. I'm back

[roll0]
[roll1]

Esprit15
2014-07-02, 04:15 PM
Welcome back!

Also, how dare you try to hurt my Golett! :p (Which is Ghost type anyways)

Dracio
2014-07-05, 03:27 PM
Hopefully with me now being off work for two weeks for a family wedding and family showing up I should be able to post more.

EDIT: Whose turn is it currently by chance?

IrnBruAddict
2014-07-05, 04:32 PM
It's yours. Welcome back Drac and Goldclaw. Let's see if we can get this fight finished and get to the plot!

IrnBruAddict
2014-08-04, 06:20 PM
Sorry for the hiatus, bit of a health issue the past few weeks. Even if you all thought I (and by extension, the games) were dead, I'll just let you all know, I'm only mostly dead.

http://thepublicchurch.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Miracle-Max1-608x333.jpg

I think my illness caused a few players to drop. Can I get a quick check who all is still playing?

KujiUn
2014-08-04, 06:24 PM
I'm here. WOO!

Esprit15
2014-08-04, 06:26 PM
You know I'm still here!

Aneurin
2014-08-05, 08:09 AM
*waves*

Still here!

Anubis Dread
2014-08-05, 12:24 PM
Though I'm glad to see this is still going I'm honestly going to have to drop. The game itself is fine, but I am really not liking the system and am also not liking my character as much as I thought I would. If it was just one or the other I'd push on by either bearing the system or re-rolling, but with both it's simpler to just drop before things get too far along. Sorry for the inconvenience. :smallfrown:

IrnBruAddict
2014-08-30, 06:14 PM
Since both Dracio and Anubis had to drop out, I'm introducing a couple new players into Defiance of the Forgotten. You might remember them from the recruitment.

Kline the ninja butler (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1omYsEGEwNe1A6NUv82I5_FtKsE_JzSGMKFxPT3J_MCc/edit#gid=1050902587)

and

Alys the fairy princess (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11ibdyOdp9N88rzOalcGPqRS1YASZWTqH_EO2OUpb5A0/edit#gid=1050902587)

BluesEclipse
2014-08-30, 06:56 PM
Yep - Alys Baldwin will be joining the game. Speech color is sky blue, as per my usual standard.

Aneurin
2014-08-31, 11:43 AM
Hey, welcome aboard!

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-08-31, 12:22 PM
Still here

Esprit15
2014-08-31, 12:45 PM
I think you need to do something. Right now you're just sitting at a table.

MesiDoomstalker
2014-09-08, 06:05 PM
DEX! [roll0]

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-09-26, 08:26 PM
Wait, did I miss type or did Zoe misread. I don't see anything wrong with what she said

KujiUn
2014-09-26, 08:38 PM
*throws popcorn at Defiance group*

BluesEclipse
2014-09-26, 08:58 PM
*throws unpopped popcorn at Successors group*

KujiUn
2014-09-26, 09:38 PM
...*just throws popcorn at Goldclaw*

(try googling the saying you thought you said)

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-09-28, 12:04 AM
“Lets have faith that right makes might (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RightMakesMight); and in that faith let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.” - Abraham Lincoln

Esprit15
2014-09-28, 12:39 AM
The problem is that it is a subversion of "Might makes right," which even under "Right makes might" still ultimately is true. History is written by the victor and all that.

In the end, regardless of who started, might makes right. Right only makes right in fairy tales. You have to earn your happy ending; it doesn't fall in your lap because you're a nice person.

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-09-28, 07:10 AM
You are going to have a hard time to convince a Christian that right makes might. Now is this the only way to gain might, no, but still. God favors justice, not who has the more tanks.

And considering there is a god-like being in this game (several with the head honcho being the equivalent of Him) it is safe to say that it is true here.

Esprit15
2014-09-28, 11:48 AM
You assume Arceus gives a damn about humanity, rather than simply keeping a balance. You also assume that even if he does give a damn, he cares enough and is not bound by universal laws to make sure the "right side" wins. Arceus is not the Abrahamic god, which you would be right to remember.

Eshkigal
2014-09-28, 12:03 PM
Es, relax. Goldclaw, you too.

Look, Arceus is basically a non-entity in this. Irn doesn't like the idea of an overgod, so he just made it and left if my understanding of things is accurate. As things are, it's more a 40k style universe, with Abyssal Pokemon (shadow pokemon on steroids) being tainted by the Warp equivalent, or Hell. Christianity may be a bad allegory to what goes on here, so please keep that in mind. As for Right makes Might, Rocket has might. They have enough to bring cities to their knees, and these are the ones that are built like fortresses. They are most certainly not in the right. The League has people in it, strong folk, who are willing to do terrible things, too. Right makes Might is a doctrine that may cause you great woes here, Goldclaw, for the events that will come to pass will make you question it. The protagonists aren't immune to this either, none of us untouched, none of us guilt free, after the events that have happened. Hell, I personally plan to have regice forcibly dismember one of the three leaders of Rocket if I have a chance, for the woes his organization keeps bestowing on us and others. So...just saying, consider these words Goldclaw.

IrnBruAddict
2014-09-28, 12:05 PM
Dudes, not the place. This is a thread for the game. You can debate the divinity or morality of Arceus if you want, as long as it relates to the game. Anything about IRL religions or morality, I request be taken to PMs please.

And someone clean up this popcorn! This thread is a pigsty!

BluesEclipse
2014-10-12, 08:27 PM
Training Rolls:
Ametrine: [roll0]
Peridot: [roll1]

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-10-13, 02:59 PM
Oh wow, we both got 6's

BluesEclipse
2014-10-13, 03:26 PM
Yep. Go figure!

IrnBruAddict
2014-10-14, 07:32 PM
Just a little heads up. I'll be out of town for this week, so I can only post when I can. Sorry for the delay, but DoF is just about to break for the next day, SoF is at a turning point, and in CoF I'm waiting on Kuji to pick how many before I stat up a team for this fight.

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-11-04, 04:41 PM
Hold on, I have a question concerning the game.

I built a character for a light-hearted story, which is typical of pokemon. She can fit in a non-lighthearted story, true, but not in a dark one (mainly since the one playing her doesn't like a typical dark story.) My question is will this game just be dark, light, or somewhere in between, because I would like to adapt accordingly or drop out.

Esprit15
2014-11-04, 05:05 PM
Irn runs a mix of light hearted punctuated with dark moments. You will deal with moral questions and larger implications of your actions. The bad guys will come in shades of grey, and won't all have big letters plastered on their shirts in easy to identify colors.

He linked the other game that he runs, to give an idea of what to expect, but I thought some of this was said in the recruitment. :smallconfused:

IrnBruAddict
2014-11-04, 05:15 PM
A mixture. Anything plot related will be played pretty serious, but sidequests are usually on the wacky end. It's partly the reason why I'm trying to build up right now that Team Rocket isn't just "some evil group". While working for them, you'll end up doing good stuff and bad stuff, as well as downright stupid stuff. The main face of Team Rocket is a woman with her own TV show and she is publicly adored, so think of her as something like Ellen or Oprah on our TV.

To give examples from the SoF group, so far they have dealt with robo-ninjas, escaped a city full of a rodent swarm, swapped bodies with each other, battled a Regice lost in time, punched a Sharpedo, ghost karaoke battle, befriended a kaiju Tentacruel instead of fighting it, and lots and lots of wrestling. So I'd say it tends to vary.

Right now, I am just doing some world building, to explain Rocket and Johto isn't some den of evil, just they disagree with the League. And unfortunately, the whole "fake princess murder" is a little dark, but by doing it, it means I don't have to make TR give you guys a mission to off someone to prove loyalty, since I'd hope none of your characters would consider that. Afterwords, expect things to get a bit more relaxed for a while, as it's more "go do this mission eventually" giving you guys more freedom.

To explain a little about what I mean, I'll put it in a spoiler explaining what TR's first mission will be, so you can judge if it's too dark.
After the "assassination", you guys get into Team Rocket and you land in Olivine Port. Your first mission is to find and speak to the Azalea Town Gym Leader to get her to make a special pokeball, but she's all the way in Azalea so you guys have the freedom to mess around in any town in-between or just book it over there to see her, it's up to you.

I'm putting this out so you can judge for yourself if this is a game you wish to continue or not. But I promise it's not as dark as it all seems, this is just plot. If you guys want, I can speed things up, give you your gifts and then we can get to you and Es fighting :belkar:

Eshkigal
2014-11-04, 05:17 PM
Expect plenty of happier moments that may or may not get punctuated with what feels like a sharp kick to the crotch withe events. If Team Ice pops up, for example, things get dark quick. If Rocket has you guarding experiments, it's either them getting a tiny sample of blood from a shiny mon and then sending it home with a nice little gift basket, them making new ninja cyborgs, or something pretty damn dark. If it's an Abyssal mon, it has seen some ****.

However, these are not the norms unless you steer towards them, like the other group has begun doing. What is the norm is a joke, some fun. Things like mew making a telekinetic bubble puppet to better act like a person it finds amusing, and mad dressup. And guys in far too small skitty costumes, admittedly. But happier, more comical stuff.

IrnBruAddict
2014-11-04, 05:26 PM
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/007/4/c/pokemon_gijinka__skitty_by_hellcorpceo-d36o8yw.png

Eshkigal
2014-11-04, 05:35 PM
For the record, that guy is an actual gym leader currently, in Kanto.

Aneurin
2014-11-04, 05:40 PM
...huh. I'd honestly thought that the fake assassination thing was just a cover for something else, given that the first psychic the party meets could blow the whole infiltration plan wide open with some casual mind reading.

The tone (and I've not read the spoiler) isn't a problem for me, and never has been. I prefer a rather more grown-up world. It's Sayuri's motivations for actually going along with the plan that have been giving me grief; the best I've got is her going along to lookout for the others (the children), which isn't a wonderful motive. Or, possibly, getting bundled in a van with the others by mistake in the escape plan and not feeling like finding out what Rocket would do to her if she told them she wasn't part of the plot.

EDIT: Also, that guy was hilarious!

MesiDoomstalker
2014-11-04, 05:43 PM
I wouldn't mind a bit of fast forwarding.

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-11-04, 08:07 PM
Alright, serious plot with light-hearted everything else and since I am a moral absolutist, I will probably still see black and white, just black would be A. hard to spot or B. be disguised as white.

I can deal with this.

Edit: fast forwarding is fine

Eshkigal
2014-11-04, 08:18 PM
Just prepare for consequences for that then, Goldclaw. Like a lot of life, there's always gray, and the unseen black. So be careful with what you expect still. And before you get into it, here's an example from the game, one we know well. The Volt Eater.

See, the Volt Eater is an Abyssal Pikachu. That means he is literally a demonic pikachu, the Personification of Gluttony, Avatar of Hunger. But what infested him, what changed him from a normal pikachu into something monstrous, was being tortured and forced to starve constantly, which led to the Abyss infecting him. So, when we met him, he was crazed, seeking to fill a void he can never truly fill, trying to just feel full due to a gnawing pain eating at him, never going away no matter how much electricity he consumed. With the help of our mystic, though, he is beginning to get a handle on it, trying to become closer to what he was beforehand. He is seeking to become saved.

Now, Goldclaw, with that example in mind, how would you deem an abyssal? Unsaveable? A monster? Or a victim made into something they did not choose, something to be pitied, and either saved or stopped?

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-11-05, 07:30 AM
Easy. If it can be saved. good. If not, next best option, going down the list till you get to killing it. In the end, I believe there are different degrees of good and evil, just no neutral.

MesiDoomstalker
2014-11-05, 07:37 AM
So there is a grey area, its just not grey. Got it.

IrnBruAddict
2014-11-09, 07:06 PM
Everyone just ignore this. I'm just quickly running Blues fight so I can have all the DoF guys together to pick out Pokemon.

The Hoppip uses a Stun Spore

[roll0], 11 AC

BluesEclipse
2014-11-09, 07:09 PM
Jasper's Bite:
AC - [roll0] v 2 + Physical Evasion
Damage - [roll1] Dark Physical
Crit - [roll2] Dark Physical

IrnBruAddict
2014-11-09, 07:14 PM
Hit, and looking in the red.

Sleep Powder: [roll0]

BluesEclipse
2014-11-09, 07:19 PM
POOOOOOOOOKEEEEEEEEEBAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!

[roll0]

IrnBruAddict
2014-11-09, 07:21 PM
Caught the Hoppip. Female, Leaf Guard, Bold and Level 16.

Aneurin
2014-11-10, 08:22 AM
Since I just realised that the original picture I used for Sayuri has vanished from the internet, she now has a new picture!

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n570/aneurin2/Sayuri_zpse07a1aa4.png

Esprit15
2014-11-10, 10:39 AM
*gives all the approval*

Esprit15
2014-11-11, 04:25 PM
Pardon the double post: Nobody else is picking anything, Aneurin.

Aneurin
2014-11-12, 07:04 AM
Pardon the double post: Nobody else is picking anything, Aneurin.

Ah, thanks. I think the other person I was waiting for was, in fact, me :smallredface:

MesiDoomstalker
2014-11-19, 05:40 PM
Dex checks? Dex checks!
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-11-21, 07:18 AM
am I missing something? Yuugi should be KOed 52 damage>46 HP

Eshkigal
2014-11-21, 07:21 AM
Enduring Soul means mon can fight past KO. It's a big part of Es's character.

Also, you are a bit off in your math on the damage you caused, you should have 54 points, not 52.

Esprit15
2014-11-21, 08:20 AM
Indeed. I posted her HP to make it clear that I did not mess up in recording the damage, and that I am well aware that Yuugi is under 0.

IrnBruAddict
2014-11-23, 12:18 AM
Speed is tied at 13, so I'm just rolling for who goes first

[roll0] 1-50 Es goes first, 51-100 Goldclaw

Esprit15
2014-11-24, 05:48 PM
You made it! Quick, before I KO her! One last hit!

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-11-24, 05:49 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] if crit

I would like to give congratulations to Esprit. I had something here, but it was comming of to me as passive aggressive, so I removed it.

BluesEclipse
2014-11-25, 01:11 AM
Since I apparently hadn't updated it here yet, Alys's sheet has been updated to the latest version. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SecFfqJQtWbyP0KJNJa-SMVMRS9kWZ6Vm7Nbw5GZ_Z0/edit#gid=1050902587)

Aneurin
2014-11-25, 09:31 AM
Was there ever a decision made on upgrading to the new version of PTA? Just occured to me that Sayuri might be running around with an outdated sheet.

Esprit15
2014-11-25, 09:55 AM
Last I recall we updated, so yeah, go for it.

IrnBruAddict
2014-11-25, 06:49 PM
We updated but were ignoring the change to the number of moves a pokemon could keep, since this would negatively affect pokemon already owned by the SoF players.

Goldclaw, on the type synching, it's 10 hours, but need not be consecutive. You'll have plenty of time to synch what you want before you arrive at your destination.

Esprit15
2014-11-27, 08:22 PM
Seems I forgot to share the new link to my sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/t8RfIIK_Lwgg8gAbTZWtF6A/htmlview

IrnBruAddict
2014-12-02, 04:37 PM
Speed tie

Es first: 1-50
Blues first: 51-100

[roll0]

Aneurin
2014-12-02, 04:51 PM
Perception is... Wis, right?

[roll0]

Oh, updated Sayuri's sheet - don't think anything actually changed for her, though.

MesiDoomstalker
2014-12-02, 05:00 PM
[roll0]
asdgafgsd

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-12-02, 05:51 PM
[roll0] this is gonna SSSSSSSUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

BluesEclipse
2014-12-02, 11:26 PM
Percep: [roll0]

Eshkigal
2015-01-06, 11:09 AM
Heads up, Irn's computer has died on him. Things may take a while.

Aneurin
2015-01-06, 11:58 AM
Fair enough, thanks for the heads up.

I remember when mine died - learnt some important lessons about hard copies and back-ups :smallyuk:

Eshkigal
2015-01-06, 12:01 PM
Long as it's only one. Had five die on me one semester.

Well, three die five times, but really, there shouldn't be that many computer deaths.

Aneurin
2015-01-06, 12:10 PM
:smalleek:

Okay, that is quite a lot. Were you maybe playing minesweeper with actual mines?

MesiDoomstalker
2015-01-06, 01:47 PM
Knowing Esh, yes.

MichaelGoldclaw
2015-01-19, 01:36 AM
So...

Zoe - Mr. Spock
Catherine - Bones
Alys - Kirk

So everyone else is doomed to die first sign of trouble.

Esprit15
2015-01-19, 02:05 AM
Zoe is more of a consequentialist than a utilitarian. Catherine meanwhile seems pretty Kantian in her ethics.

Then there's Alys, who thinks like a normal human. :smalltongue:

Pokémon related (http://imgur.com/a/l3pX2?gallery)

Eshkigal
2015-01-19, 06:23 AM
Think of it like this. People have already died on both sides, good and bad. All that can be done now is trying to minimize losses while getting the third side set. You go in expecting to save everyone in an active war, you have already lost, as you are ultimately only human.

MichaelGoldclaw
2015-01-19, 11:56 AM
Zoe is more of a consequentialist than a utilitarian. Catherine meanwhile seems pretty Kantian in her ethics.

Then there's Alys, who thinks like a normal human. :smalltongue:

Pokémon related (http://imgur.com/a/l3pX2?gallery)

No idea what those terms are

Think of it like this. People have already died on both sides, good and bad. All that can be done now is trying to minimize losses while getting the third side set. You go in expecting to save everyone in an active war, you have already lost, as you are ultimately only human.

She knows she can't save everyone. She is just trying to save everyone WITHOUT getting blood on her hands.

Eshkigal
2015-01-19, 12:51 PM
Then my advice? Get cunning and get clever. The princess had herself "assassinated" to avoid these problems and others, so if someone needs to disappear, get good at getting them hidden away in new lives. The terms involve psychology.

Esprit15
2015-01-19, 02:45 PM
Acthally, philosophy of ethics, not psychology.

Eshkigal
2015-01-19, 02:51 PM
Right, my mistake. Bit rusty on both.

MichaelGoldclaw
2015-01-19, 03:16 PM
Still have no idea what they are.

Aneurin
2015-01-19, 03:40 PM
Consequentialism is the class of normative ethical theories holding that the consequences of one's conduct are the ultimate basis for any judgment about the rightness or wrongness of that conduct.

Utilitarianism is a theory in normative ethics holding that the proper course of action is the one that maximizes utility, usually defined as maximizing total benefit and reducing suffering or the negatives. This theory is an economic analysis that is human-centered (or anthropocentric) and has a moral foundation.

The Wikipedia definitions.

Basic Summary: Kant, unlike Mill, believed that certain types of actions (including murder, theft, and lying) were absolutely prohibited, even in cases where the action would bring about more happiness than the alternative. For Kantians, there are two questions that we must ask ourselves whenever we decide to act: (i) Can I rationally will that everyone act as I propose to act? If the answer is no, then we must not perform the action. (ii) Does my action respect the goals of human beings rather than merely using them for my own purposes? Again, if the answer is no, then we must not perform the action. (Kant believed that these questions were equivalent).

Kant’s theory is an example of a deontological moral theory–according to these theories, the rightness or wrongness of actions does not depend on their consequences but on whether they fulfill our duty.

Kant believed that there was a supreme principle of morality, and he referred to it as The Categorical Imperative. The CI determines what our moral duties are.

http://www.csus.edu/indiv/g/gaskilld/ethics/Kantian%20Ethics.htm

IrnBruAddict
2015-01-19, 04:39 PM
*looks into the OOC*

*sees ethics and morality discussion going on*

*walks back out the OOC*

MichaelGoldclaw
2015-01-19, 05:04 PM
ah, makes sense now.

weirdsound
2015-01-19, 07:34 PM
Just to be clear, that last attack is aimed at Nido.

weirdsound
2015-01-24, 12:31 AM
Nidorina is not shown on the map. I'd kinda like to know where it is placed before I make my next move.

IrnBruAddict
2015-01-24, 01:31 PM
Nidorina is under the ground while using Dig, so you can't spot where it is, and I don't believe Curie has Telepathy, so you'd need a perception check to tell where it is.

IrnBruAddict
2015-01-26, 01:39 PM
Yo, Defiance players, if you are ready to move on with the story and skip to Johto, just gimme a quick paragraph on what your character does while on the boat journey over. If you want to purchase any items you can, and they'll be ready when you get to Johto.

Also, if you want a chance to capture a deep sea pokemon, feel free to roll a d100, since Tate brought along some rods.

Esprit15
2015-01-26, 02:06 PM
*suddenly, Kyogre* [roll0]

EDIT: ****! I wasn't serious, dice! :smalleek:

IrnBruAddict
2015-01-26, 02:11 PM
...... now I want to have Kyogre pop out ....

Eshkigal
2015-01-26, 03:19 PM
Es, again? Seriously? Didn't Bellolante teach you to not mock the dice?

Esprit15
2015-01-26, 03:22 PM
It's not my fault!

Eshkigal
2015-01-26, 03:27 PM
*suddenly, Kyogre* [roll0]

EDIT: ****! I wasn't serious, dice! :smalleek:

Post says otherwise, Es. :smalltongue:

MichaelGoldclaw
2015-01-26, 03:35 PM
Wait, it says 1d00 instead of 1d100

IrnBruAddict
2015-01-26, 03:47 PM
https://i.imgur.com/KKQV9CM.gif

Well, luckily I don't need to decide what smashes up the boat.

*slaps Es*
http://i.imgur.com/uaOaIGI.gif

Esprit15
2015-01-26, 03:48 PM
Huh, no idea how that happened. [roll0]

MesiDoomstalker
2015-01-26, 05:09 PM
And you still roll in single digits. [roll0]

MichaelGoldclaw
2015-01-26, 08:20 PM
Alright, I had a discussion here (http://edupad.ch/96KlnQ9cFk) about the type shift and now that I know it's a stupid option, may I take it back.

IrnBruAddict
2015-01-26, 09:03 PM
The almighty Irn has chosen to be merciful and grant your request.

Yeah, whatever :elan:

Aneurin
2015-01-29, 10:39 AM
Ugh. Sorry about my absence there, got stuck without internet for a couple of days and then got sick (yay).

If everyone else is rolling for an abominable fish-thing, I'll roll a chance for a photo opportunity.

[roll0]

(For the Photos from the Tournament - one Snapshot of the blue bird thing.

[roll1]

And an Action Photo of Medicine using Sleep Powder.

[roll2] vs. 15
[roll3]

As a quick note, I've restatted the Ivysaur since I completely screwed up Base Stat Relations somehow.

Eshkigal
2015-02-05, 11:55 AM
Actually, alomamola have access to self healing, make good walls, and can be dropped on people's heads if you're careful with where you let them out. Also, build as a special attacker and they are rather useful.

Aneurin
2015-02-05, 12:39 PM
Overland 1, though, unless there's a convenient large body of water. Ranged moves will help mitigate that a bit, but they're few and far between without TMs. In water it'd be great, though.

'Course there's also the issues Sayuri raised, like where it'd live and exercise. Oh, and finding appropriate food for deep sea pokemon :smallwink:

Aneurin
2015-02-07, 09:08 AM
A quick question; how useful are things like Type Finder (find signs of same-typed pokemon close to the one you're using the feature on, but not the actual pokemon), Discriminating Gaze (roll well enough and find out how a pokemon is different from others of its species) and Trait Theory (roll well to see nature and ability a pokemon has, upgrade the feat to have a chance at picking the nature of a wild)?

Type Finder at a glance seems a bit unhelpful - you only find what types might be around, and where they frequent. You still need to find them from there. It sounds like a more specific version of general pokedex data, limited to a small area; "In this sewer the only Poison types that can be found are Grimer and Muk, but you already knew about the Grimer because you're using this feature on one. Oh, and I'm not going to tell you about the stunfisk infestation since they're not Poison types".

I'll probably take it at some point anyway, because it's quite fitting - I'm just wondering if it's actually, y'know, useful to have.

IrnBruAddict
2015-02-07, 01:45 PM
Honestly, I've not seen Type Finder pop up that much, and I can't say I've ever found it a particularly impressive feat. Discriminating Gaze and Trait Theory are both useful when hunting pokemon, and occasionally useful in battle too, if you want to see if a particular pokemon is hiding a nasty type shift or hidden move, or if you want to know if a particular Pikachu has Lightning Rod or Static before you hit it.

That's just me though.

Aneurin
2015-02-07, 02:36 PM
Honestly, I've not seen Type Finder pop up that much, and I can't say I've ever found it a particularly impressive feat. Discriminating Gaze and Trait Theory are both useful when hunting pokemon, and occasionally useful in battle too, if you want to see if a particular pokemon is hiding a nasty type shift or hidden move, or if you want to know if a particular Pikachu has Lightning Rod or Static before you hit it.

That's just me though.

Yeah, I kind of figured that'd be the case. Type Finder seems to be written backwards - you need to find the pokemon so you can find signs of the pokemon, rather than finding a pokemon from the signs.

Anyway, thanks for the answer - Sayuri's only the second PTA character I've ever built, and I didn't get to use the first one so I'm a bit iffy what's good and bad. The Researcher tree seems to be a pretty mixed bag when it comes to quality and utility, which isn't awfully helpful.

Decided to go with Trait Theory for now.

Esprit15
2015-02-10, 01:21 PM
Zoe isn't making eye contact with Catherine, or looking at her. She's looking at the studio equipment.

MichaelGoldclaw
2015-02-10, 03:30 PM
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!, Zoe and Cath aren't going to kill each other! They are just going to beat the crap out of each other!

Edit: however, Cath would be looking at Zoe, but rather with a competitive smirk instead of a resentful glare or the like.

Eshkigal
2015-02-21, 07:08 PM
Psychics are always a bit of a nasty surprise in the PTA system, aren't they. Less so in PTU as there are the elementslists and everyone gets stat points, making it a bit better balanced, but...yeah. They hit like trucks.

However, they drain their own HP doing it, making misses a bit more costly, at least. Drain the HP and most are in trouble. Except Es, because Enduring Soul lets him keep going past KO.

Esprit15
2015-02-21, 09:42 PM
That's only their Pokémon. The most they can do is command Pokémon past KO. They are however tanky as hell, between Padding+, Hold!, Stand!, and Soul's Protection. Gaining effective immunity to sleep is good too.

BluesEclipse
2015-02-28, 12:33 AM
Irn, just to check - the Venonat used Poisonpowder, correct? Do Grass types get immunity to powders here?

Esprit15
2015-03-10, 05:42 PM
May as well roll for capture. Not sure on mods. [roll0]

BluesEclipse
2015-03-10, 09:55 PM
I'm still waiting for an answer to my above question...

IrnBruAddict
2015-03-11, 07:54 AM
Huh, didn't I answer already?

*spots the restore post button*

aww, crap I wrote the post, but I must have forgot to hit submit reply. Yes, Grass types are immune when it comes to powder moves, sorry. For some reason, I thought it was only grass-type powder moves, but I was wrong.

IrnBruAddict
2015-03-13, 09:01 PM
Sorry for not posting guys, unfortunately some ill health in the family has left me with not amazing free time while I'm looking after them. I'll get a post out on Sunday.

Aneurin
2015-04-09, 02:57 PM
Sorry for disappearing there. A mixture of life stuff, faulty laptop and a player in another game who really put me off posting anywhere sort of got the better of me for a bit.

But, I'm back now and posting will resume. Again, sorry for vanoshing without warning.

MichaelGoldclaw
2015-04-10, 10:33 PM
"Old Jim." Had a Carnivine who bites his head. Wife is Jessica. Ties to Team Rocket...

Please tell me his best friend is a Meowth.

IrnBruAddict
2015-04-11, 08:55 AM
Sorry for disappearing there. A mixture of life stuff, faulty laptop and a player in another game who really put me off posting anywhere sort of got the better of me for a bit.

But, I'm back now and posting will resume. Again, sorry for vanoshing without warning.

Aneurin is back! Surprise hug!
http://i.imgur.com/gA76Cnx.gif

"Old Jim." Had a Carnivine who bites his head. Wife is Jessica. Ties to Team Rocket...

Please tell me his best friend is a Meowth.

Well he's ... I mean he could be ... you already .... meh, you already figured it out.
http://i.imgur.com/UXLTZwv.gif

Aneurin
2015-04-11, 10:45 AM
Good to be back :smallbiggrin:

...what's the ostrich thing from, do you know?

IrnBruAddict
2015-04-11, 11:39 AM
Pretty sure it's from Arrested Development.

http://i.imgur.com/mMyHP9o.gif

Eshkigal
2015-04-18, 08:15 PM
I wonder if Jim'll teach you how to fly a hot air balloon...

Aneurin
2015-04-19, 07:21 AM
I wonder if Jim'll teach you how to fly a hot air balloon...

Considering how often that thing ended up destroyed, I'd personally take a rain check on lessons from him :smalltongue:

MesiDoomstalker
2015-04-20, 05:43 PM
messed up Weapon damage, but I just added an extra digit. Minus 200 so 32 damage.
Also crit damage [roll0]

Dragonsage
2015-05-10, 08:25 PM
Okay posting here to let people know. I'm going to be heading to vietnam on vacation on tuesday.

Eshkigal
2015-05-22, 02:18 PM
https://edupad.ch/10
Pads are messed up, but this one seems to be stable, so it should serve as an impromptu place for us all.

Esprit15
2015-06-04, 06:09 PM
Day 1: [roll0]

BluesEclipse
2015-07-07, 10:16 PM
I apologize, but due to life in general becoming more busy for me, I'm finding I don't have the same focus towards this game that I previously did - so I'll be dropping from this game.

IrnBruAddict
2015-07-09, 07:05 PM
Sorry to see you go Blues. As always, gimme a PM if you change your mind.

As for right now, I'll just stick with the 4 man group. Adding another character would just slow things down right now.