View Full Version : Tumbling in a Special Circumstance

Boci
2012-05-02, 01:29 PM
Following Situation came up in a game I play in: I wanted to tumble through the squares of two adjacent enemies. They were in a corridor and I wanted to hit enemy B. By the rules, in order to do that I need to tumble through both, succeeding on first a DC: 25 and then a DC: 27 tumble check. I was invisible until then end of my turn so the DM gave me a +2 bonus to the tumble check. I succeeded against enemy A, but failed against enemy B. By the rules this means I cannot move, but I think it’s reasonable to allow my character to end his turn in the same square as enemy A. The GM wants to follow the rules on this, but I don't think they cover the situation of an attempt to tumble whilst invisible through the squares of two adjacent enemies. What do you think?

Malachei
2012-05-02, 01:57 PM
Problem:

Ending Your Movement: You can’t end your movement in the same square as another creature unless it is helpless.

Boci
2012-05-02, 02:36 PM
I know how the rules work, I acknowledged that in my OP. In any case it doesn't matter, the GM accepted I could do what I wanted by falling prone in the enemy A's square.

Malachei
2012-05-02, 02:47 PM
A good solution, unless you have a way to make an opponent's life hell if you shared a square with them.

nedz
2012-05-02, 02:56 PM
I know how the rules work, I acknowledged that in my OP. In any case it doesn't matter, the GM accepted I could do what I wanted by falling prone in the enemy A's square.

this.

Your capabilities and future intentions are irrelevant.