Phy: 1 Subt: 1 Know: 1 Comm: 4 Surv: 1
Armor: Scale Mail (+4 ac)
Weapons: Battle Axe (2h) 1d10

Lazzormeck - Dwarf Fighter
22 / 22 hp
AC: 17 Meele: +5 Ranged: +2 Arcane: +1
Str: 18 Dex: 13 Mnd: 11
Phy: 4 Subt: 1 Know: 1 Comm: 1 Surv: 1
Armor: Chainmail (+5 AC) Light Steel Shield (+1 AC)
Weapons: Dwarven Waraxe 1d10

Combat Sheet

Carbuncle "Bunky" Buckledip - Halfling Rogue
18 / 18 hp
AC: 17 Meele: +3 / +3 Ranged: +5 Arcane: +1
Str: 13(+1) Dex: 18(+4) Mnd: 11 (Subt rank 4)
Armor: Studded Leather Armor (+3 AC)
Weapons: Short Sword 1d6 Light Mace 1d6 Short Bow 1d6 w/ 20 arrows

Ogg Ironboot - Half-Orc Cleric
22 / 22 hp 13 / 13 mp
AC: 14 Meele: +6 / +1 Ranged: +1 Arcane: +1
Str: 20(+5) Dex: 11 Mnd: 11

22 / 22 hp
Str: 18(+4) Dex: 13(+1) Mnd: 11

< Narrator Voice >We join our Heroes in a dark, damp, smelly dunguen...

Bunky is carefully working on a locked door that was slammed shut by the Orc Shaman that he and his group were attempting to capture. The remainder of the team Ogg, Lazzormeck and Mercury are "patiently" waiting behind Bunky knowing that every passing second the Orc Shaman gets further, and further from there grasp.
A noticible click comes from the door as Bunky succesfully manipulates the lock. As Bunky turns to the group to let them know the door is clear. There is a sliding, scraping noise as the door slides back into the wall. The team then hears a wicked laugh coming from the other side of the door. The team can clearly see into the next room where the Orc Shaman is standing off to the far right side of the room. Up againt the center far wall of the room is a Troll chained to the wall with two wicked devices to each side of it. The Orc Shaman finishes laughing as yells out in the common tongue " You will never stop the flow of blood from the rein of Tarex!". Tarex the Orc Shaman throws a switch that was next to him. A loud click is heard as two small spears are thrown from the wicked devices and into the Troll. This is followed by another loud click, and our Heroes see the chains fall from the Trolls wrists. The troll lets out a loud yell of pain. Tarex turns and starts to leave the room and Yells to the Troll, "Kill them and you will be greatly rewarded my pet!"

Kagin
2012-05-02, 06:01 PM
Initiative

[roll0]
Bunky

[roll1]
Mercury

[roll2]
Lazzormeck

[roll3]
Ogg

[roll4]
Troll

Kagin
2012-05-02, 06:04 PM
Enranged by the spears piercing its skin.. The troll see's Ogg with the spears in his back pack. The troll reaches behind his back and pulls out a club. The troll rushes at Ogg and takes a swing.

[roll0]

damage

[roll1]

Kagin
2012-05-02, 06:05 PM
The trolls swing goes wide and slams the ground next to Ogg.

(Please follow initiative order Ogg, Mercury, Bunky then Lazzormek)

sdream
2012-05-02, 06:59 PM
Ogg is glad that they don't have to worry about accidentally killing this apparently unwilling pawn of Tarex's selfish machinations, given Troll's famous regenerative powers.

"Down, fool."

With a roar he spins his massive battleaxe in a whistling double arc, following through with a secondary attack on the heels of his first, hoping to seperate his foe's arm from his body.

Primary [roll0]
Dam (2h) [roll1]

Secondary [roll2]
Dam (2h) [roll3]

You can edit after you roll to add descriptive flow, just don't mess with the rolls (it won't work how you think). For example, I edited a couple minor typos, and I'm adding a woot for max damage roll that probably hit. My dps cleric build seems to be working great so far.

PS - To avoid a lot of unneeded waiting, can we switch to any posting order, and just apply the results in order (re-aiming us as needed)?

For example, instead of all waiting for A to post, then all wait for B, then C, then D, with a possible wait for DM between each of those... instead, everyone goes at once, then DM moves all NPCs, then we all go again. We'll move several times faster.

Grinner
2012-05-02, 09:21 PM
Mercury concentrates and begins mumbling to himself. As he does so, a glimmer of light spreads from his fingertips and envelopes the rest of his body.

Casting Mage Armor. -3 MP.

CapnVan
2012-05-03, 01:11 AM
Bunky, seeing the nasty beastie in front of him, shouts out:

Kill it! KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Pulling back on his trusty shortbow, he looses an arrow at the hideous thing from the door.

To hit: [roll0] (bonuses: +4 DEX, +1 level)
Damage: [roll1]

After firing, Bunky tries to make out where Tarex is heading and whether they can easily follow.

Kagin
2012-05-03, 09:26 AM
OOC: I am ok with anyone posting out of order. I will summarize each round from the characters actions.

Cohuge
2012-05-03, 02:40 PM
Lazzormeck, already with his weapon out, charged the proportionately massive troll and slashed at it with his axe.

Attack: [roll0]
Hit: [roll1]

Kagin
2012-05-04, 01:11 AM
18 / 18 hp
22 / 22 hp 13 / 13 mp
22 / 22 hp
Mercury Winchester - Elf Mage
12 / 12 hp 16 / 19 mp
Troll
-20 hp

With all of his might Ogg's first attack connects with the ugly troll. The Troll lets out a loud grunt as it's side is opened up (with an impressive 20 damage!) As Ogg had put every single ounce of his being into his first swing he was a little overbalanced and missed his second attack.

Immediately upon finishing his arcane chant, Mercury's wizard's robes glow and shimmer with light. (Mercury recieves a +4 to AC)

Bunky lines his arrow up with the wounded Troll and releases. The arrow misses the Troll and clatters to the floor. As Bunky looks to where Tarex was standing he see's Tarex back as he escapes the room by a door. Bunky knows there is no way to get to Tarex until this Troll is dealt with.

Lazzormeck moves toward the Troll and says"Your not going to have all the fun Ogg!". Lazzormeck swings toward the wounded Troll and misses.

Kagin
2012-05-04, 01:20 AM
The Troll enranged by Ogg ripping a gaping slash along it's belly focuses in on Ogg and takes another swing at Ogg.

[roll0] to hit

[roll1] to damage

Kagin
2012-05-04, 01:27 AM
The troll's attack is succesful. With a loud "Thud!" Ogg is struck in the chest with the club. Ogg recieves 6 points of damage.

Grinner
2012-05-04, 05:00 AM
Mercury approaches Ogg and casts the spell gain. This time, however, the light spreads from his finger tips to Ogg.

Casting Mage Armor. -3 MP.

CapnVan
2012-05-04, 06:49 AM
Internal monologue: Well, boyo, methinks this prick needs more than just an arrow's prick.

Dropping his now less-beloved bow, the Bunkster takes up his short sword and light mace. Rolling, tumbling, bobbing, dipping, and what have you, he slashes a thigh and smashes a kneecap.

Well, he tries:

To hit: Short sword [roll0] Modifiers: +4 DEX (light weapon), +1 level, -2 two-handed fighting
Damage: [roll1] Modifiers: STR +1
To hit: Light mace [roll2] Modifiers: +4 DEX (light weapon), +1 level, -2 two-handed fighting
Damage: [roll3] Modifiers: STR +1

sdream
2012-05-04, 08:07 AM
"Oof!"

Despite his bruised ribs, Ogg is glad this Troll has "learned" about weapons. Trolls are just bright enough to imitate the smaller, more clever races, but not always bright enough to realize that for them, their natural weaponry is more effective than what they pick up off their attackers.

Wincing as the momentum passes by his banged up side, he tries again to disarm the beast.

Main attack: [roll0]
Damage (2h): [roll1]

Secondary attack: [roll2]
Damage (2h): [roll3]

And now, minimum damage. :) Balances out nicely. Poor Bunky rolled minimum too. Hopefully Laz rolls well this turn.

Cohuge
2012-05-05, 10:01 AM
After he somehow managed to miss the troll, Lazzormeck swung his axe again at the monster with a roar.

Kagin
2012-05-05, 01:06 PM
18 / 18 hp
Ogg Ironboot - Half-Orc Cleric (+4 AC)
16 / 22 hp 13 / 13 mp
22 / 22 hp
Mercury Winchester - Elf Mage (+4 AC)
12 / 12 hp 13 / 19 mp
Troll
-37 hp

After catching his breath Ogg re-engages the troll and with his first swing connects ( for 11 points of damage). Ogg second swing misses. The troll lets out a scream from the hit.

Mercury approaches Ogg and in between swings touches Ogg's armor casting Magic Armor. Ogg's armor shimmers and shines.

Bunky ducks, dives, and rolls his way inbetween Ogg and the troll and strikes with his short sword and Hits! (for 2 points of damage) Bunky's swing with his mace misses.

Lazzormeck with a roar to get the troll's attention connects with his swing. (doing 5 points of damage).

Kagin
2012-05-05, 05:27 PM
Enranged by being hit by this puny little dwarf, the Troll reaches back and takes a swing at Lazzormeck with its club.

[roll0] to hit

[roll1] for damage

Lazzormeck was able to get his shield up in time and block the crushing blow delivered by the Troll.

sdream
2012-05-05, 07:39 PM
Surprised by the trolls sudden reversal upon his "big" brother, Ogg's spinning axe meets nothing but air.

1st swing: [roll0]
1st damage (2h): [roll1]

2nd swing: [roll2]
1st damage (2h): [roll3]

Grinner
2012-05-05, 07:47 PM
Mercury, taxed by his recent spellcastings, steps back from his compatriots and breathes heavily. His robes continue to shine as he leans against a nearby wall, and he observes the ongoing melee.

CapnVan
2012-05-06, 05:45 AM
You lazzy son of a...

To hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

To hit: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Edit: Sweet! I believe that first damage roll has to be modified up to a 7 for the nat 20 critical.

sdream
2012-05-06, 07:23 AM
He did just spend 1/3 of his resources for the day, but yeah, we need to get him a bow. In this game mages have the same base attack as everybody else (except warriors).

Kagin
2012-05-06, 07:54 AM
OOC
Very sorry to report that Scotchland pm this morning and said he will no longer be able to pbp

Kagin
2012-05-06, 08:48 AM
Ogg enranged by the Troll taking a swing at his "Big" brother charges the Troll and attempts to strike back. With two mighty swings, Ogg misses and has his second blow knocked aside.

Mercury makes a tactical retreat and catches his breath...

Bunky sneaks in and delivers a mighty blow to the Troll with his short sword. The blade sneaks between a couple of ribs and right into the ugly Trolls heart.

The troll lets out a gasp, stumbles and slams face first into the ground.

Kagin
2012-05-06, 08:58 AM
When the Troll slams into the ground. Everyone looks at each other to make sure everyone is safe.

As they check on each other the dunguen goes completely dark. After a few seconds the adventurers hear two sets of hands clapping and getting louder. As they hear this the lights start to return starting very dim and getting brighter and brighter.

The adventurers look over and see Altmer and Jiskin standing there clapping. Altmer starts to speak "Great job guys!". "You are finaly acting like a team, covering each other, and working together.

Jiskin speaks up "we both agree that your training is complete and your ready for the real thing" (OOC - you are in a large square room - think Danger room from X-Men which Jiskin and Altmer are able to create images and monsters that seem real).

Altmer says "gather your equipment and go clean up and relax, we will see you for our evening meal".

Our four heroes gather their equipment and slap each other on the back as thy exit the 'danger room'. Each hero heads off to his room to drop their gear and get a hot soak. After an hour or so they all meet at the common room for the evening meal.

Kagin
2012-05-06, 07:00 PM
At the evening meal the table is set for six, the four heroes and Altmer and Jiskin. The food is served with plenty of mead or wine, and the banter around the table is jolly and boysterous.

Just as the meal and banter is winding down Altmer clears his throat and speaks up " I have recieved two messages this evening and I don't like either one"

First - I recieved a message from the Mayor at Port Crosston, he has requested help from us on a minor issue that is bugging the trade route leaving the Port.

Second - I have recieved word from Braniel that they are in need of Mercury's assistance to the south. It appears that the mess with the Orc's has gotten worse. Braniel, Katrina and Klyve are fine but they need a little magical assistance to break the Orc warlords hold over some goblins and a giant.

So I am sorry to say that I will be breaking up your group as Mercury will leave to the south and the rest of you Ogg, Bunky and Lazorrmeck will be heading off to the north east. I will be turning in as it is late already. But please enjoy the mead and wine remanice on your training together and say your goodbye's as tommorow morning you shall take seperate paths.

Thank you Scotchland for joining my game even though it was short lived, hope to catch up with you some other time

sdream
2012-05-06, 07:36 PM
"Good luck, pointy. Stay away from the big green guys with axes."

CapnVan
2012-05-07, 02:54 AM
"South, huh? Well, at least you'll be walking downhill."

CapnVan
2012-05-07, 11:50 AM
Bunky slurps a not-intolerable wine, and then does so once more. "Well, maybe once more, it's not at all bad, really. Top me off, Lazzy? Ah, ta!"

"Anywho, where do ya expect we'll find at Port Crosston, and more importantly, might we need another mage?" Well, no sense in seeing it go to waste, the Troll-killer ponders.

Edit: the "where do ya expect" is somewhat intentional. It's good wine, I tells ya!

Cohuge
2012-05-07, 04:50 PM
Pouring Bunky some more wine, Lazzormeck said "I don't know Bunk, also maybe we are better off without a mage. I hear that they are dead weights without their magic., chuckling at the end.

Kagin
2012-05-07, 06:11 PM
The next morning you arise to find that Mercury is long gone. You all sit down TO have one last meal and then gather your equipment.

You leave your home heading off to the north east toward Port Crosston.

ooc: i need to know who will be taking the lead on the road. The leader will take the survival role 1 d20+ SURV + MIND BONUS

sdream
2012-05-07, 09:47 PM
On the road, Ogg follows his older brothers footsteps out of years of habit. This got much more enjoyable when he turned 8 and could see over Laz's head.

I think we all have the same mind and survival score, so it doesn't matter much. I had my mind as 13, but my orcish temperment impairs me back down to 11. I figure I would follow right behind Laz, and Bucky would probably be lurking around poking at things.

You could ask on the forums for a replacement fourth (of any class) for us to meet, but I'm perfectly happy with a small, tight group.

CapnVan
2012-05-08, 01:38 PM
"Without their magic? I think you could just leave that last part off... Don't be stingy, there..."

Oh, wait, right, we're on the road again. Good thing the Bunkster's headache won't stop him from taking the lead.

"Onward and on the down low," I always say. "Besides, that way I don't have to try to see around ole Tusky."

Bunky may have had a bit too much wine, but he's a canny survivor. He does his roguish best as party scout. Besides, he prefers to be the first one to spot trouble.

CapnVan
2012-05-08, 03:17 PM
Oh, right. You probably need me to roll.

[roll0]

Edit: I'm assuming whatever will happen next, that was too low. "Stumpy, you go first next time."

Kagin
2012-05-09, 04:43 AM
Your first day on the road was uneventfull. You were able to find a good place to setup camp just before dusk. Every one gathers around the small fire to enjoy a warm meal made by Bunky. There is light conversation around the fire, then guard shifts assigned.

The night passes without any events, and our heroes hit the road.

Lazzormeck throw up a 1 d20 + Survival + MIND

sdream
2012-05-10, 08:53 AM
Poke poke - oh Lazzz....

Your turn, and there's an OOC thread now over here to post your char info in:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13200922#post13200922

Cohuge
2012-05-10, 04:32 PM
Bah, I forgot to check in on my subscriptions. Sorry 'bout that.If I don't post fast enough, feel free to roll for me if you wish. I will try to check in more.

Here is the roll:
[roll0]

On another note, Lazz does not wish to lead. He is a fighter, not a thinker.

Kagin
2012-05-11, 05:07 AM
Just before noon you can start to smell the salt air blowing off the ocean and know that you are getting close to Port Crosston. You take a look around and still know that you have a way to go before arriving at the Port.

As your walking down the trail you all hear some noise through the light patch of woods to the west of the trail. You can not see through the patch of woods but definetly hear something.

sdream
2012-05-11, 07:39 AM
"What an odd smell from a forest. Let us investigate".

Ogg walks slowly towards the clearing, although he will fall behind Lazz or Bunky if they express a desire to check it out first.

CapnVan
2012-05-11, 08:50 AM
Bunky's gonna let Tusky there stumble into trouble. He turns and slips into the bushes at the side of the trail, carefully making his way around so that he'll be on the opposite side of anything that needs some shabby-stabby.

[roll0] for Subterfuge.

Kagin
2012-05-11, 09:52 AM
OOC: 2/3 votes to investigate is good enough for me
As you are making your way through the woods the noise is getting louder and louder. As you are gettting closer you can clearly tell that there is some kind of skirmish going on. Bunky has already dissappeared into the brush and is making his way to create his own ambush.

Just as Bunky,Ogg and Lazz get to the edge of the clearing they can see a bunch of goblins with spears and clubs attacking a small merchant caravan of two wagons. It appears that the caravan had hired some guards but they are about to get overrun by the goblins.

Bunky - please roll move silently or sneak as 1d20 + Sub bonus + Dex bonus from now on -and by the way you are moving very silently and slowly toward the skirmish.
- if you fire off a round with your bow add subt score to damage
- if you sneak in and use meele roll sneak first then attack rolls
- your first melee attack if succesful will add your subt rank to damage

Ogg and Lazz - if you decide to attack you have surprise, then we will roll initiative

- Begin Surprise Round -

Cohuge
2012-05-11, 02:18 PM
Seeing the merchant getting attacked, and acknowledging that they may be overran, Lazzormeck turned an inquisitive eye onto the party leader. "What do ye wan' us to do, Ogg?' He would not go against the leaders wishes, should he anger Ogg. All the same, he took his axe out, just in case.

sdream
2012-05-11, 03:04 PM
Crappypoo - I was hoping you would decide, as we've sort of come in to the middle of an ongoing issue. It's possible the caravan has been collecting goblin slaves and the goblins have come to rescue their brethren. Alternately, this could be a goblin raiding party just looking for some loot. Since I don't speak goblin, and combat has already begun, I'm going to have to side with civilization right now, and investigate later.

"Let us save this caravan, then question them."

Ogg charges with his dwarven brother into the goblins, blindsiding the goblins, and cutting down the nearest ones that seem to be actively attacking the caravan.

Main attack [roll0]
Dmg (2h) [roll1]

Second attack [roll2]
Dmg (2h) [roll3]

After his brother and his attack, he roars savagely:
"Surrender or die!"

Cohuge
2012-05-11, 04:25 PM
Yeah, I did not want to be one of those people who charge in without consulting their party first.

Charging forward with Ogg, Lazzormeck slashed at the nearest goblin that Ogg had not already targeted with a roar.

Kagin
2012-05-11, 07:45 PM
As Ogg and Lazz rush toward there targets. Ogg's first attack with his massive axe is true almost cleaving the goblin in half. The goblin drops to the ground with no further movement. Ogg's second swing was a little off balance as it must have gotten stuck on some goblin flesh.

Lazz is right behind his 'little' bro and takes a swing at a nearby goblin and misses. Ogg belows out 'Surender or Die'. With that little distraction Bunky see's his opportunity for a sneak attack (+1 modifier from team mates distraction).

will let Bunky does his attack then we will see how the goblins respond.
Bunky - please roll move silently or sneak as 1d20 + Sub bonus + Dex bonus from now on -and by the way you are moving very silently and slowly toward the skirmish.
- if you fire off a round with your bow add subt score to damage
- if you sneak in and use meele roll sneak (see above) first then attack rolls
- your first melee attack if succesful will add your subt rank to damage

Combat Sheet

18 / 18 hp

22 / 22 hp 13 / 13 mp

22 / 22 hp

1 - Gobo dead

- Round 1 normal -

Cohuge
2012-05-12, 02:20 PM
Adjusting himself properly this time, Lazzormeck slashed again at the goblin.

Huzzah! A crit.

Kagin
2012-05-16, 07:15 AM
OOC: Taking Bunky's turn to move things along!

From the bushes Bunky can see that Ogg and Lazz have made a great distraction by taking the goblins on one side and then Ogg issuing a challange. Bunky decides to create his own ambush and starts to sneak in on some of the goblins from behind.

Sneak
[roll0]
To hit
Shortsword [roll1]
Light Mace [roll2]
Damage
Shortsword [roll3] +4 subterfuge if succesfull
Light Mace [roll4]

Gobolin spot
[roll5]

Bunky moves up behind an unexpecting set of Goblins and thrusts his short sword through the ribs of one of the Goblins dropping that one. With surprise still on his side Bunky reaches over and wails the next Goblin in the back of the head with his mace (4 points of damage). The Goblin is still standing but very wobbly.

Kagin
2012-05-16, 07:23 AM
Combat Sheet

18 / 18 hp

22 / 22 hp 13 / 13 mp

22 / 22 hp

2 - Gobo dead

Initiative -> Goblins, Lazz, Bunky, Guards, Ogg

Ogg [roll0]
Lazz [roll1]
Bunky [roll2]
Goblins [roll3]
4 - Guards [roll4]

The Goblin's turn and see the attack from Ogg, Bunky and Lazz, as a group they let out a loud hoot, hoot, and attack.

Kagin
2012-05-16, 07:35 AM
2 Goblin's step up and attempt to attack Ogg with short swords

Goblin 1 to hit [roll0]
damage [roll1]
Goblin 2 to hit[roll2]
damage [roll3]

- Both of the Goblins attacks are horribly aimed and miss Ogg.

The 1 Goblin Lazz swung at and missed swings back at Lazz and is joined by another Goblin on the attack.

Goblin 3 to hit [roll4]
damage [roll5]
Goblin 4 to hit[roll6]
damage [roll7]

- Both of the goblins attacking Lazz miss.

The Goblin that Bunky clubbed up side the head raises his shortsword and attempts to strike Bunky down for the damage he did to his buddy. There is one other Goblin that rushes at Bunky with an attack.

Wobbly - Goblin 5 to hit [roll8]
damage [roll9]
Goblin 6 to hit[roll10]
damage [roll11]

The Goblin that is realing from the blow to the head gets past Bunky's defenses and cuts him good (nat 20 -6 hp to bunky). The second Goblin misses Bunky.

moved to last post

sdream
2012-05-16, 08:46 AM
Ogg cuts down the goblins that attacked him, roaring "Surrender!"

1st attack [roll0]
Damage (2h) [roll1]

2nd attack [roll2]
Damage (2h) [roll3]

Cohuge
2012-05-16, 04:47 PM
Wait, I missed a goblin with a natural 20 in my last post? :smalleek:

"Give up!" Lazz yelled at the goblins as well. He aimed another blow at the goblin that would just not die.

Kagin
2012-05-16, 07:18 PM
@cohuge - you can scratch your last post # 51, you did two attacks on the surprise round. you first was a miss post #44, your second was the crit post #46! I was going to roll the crit into this round.

ooc: i hope bunky is still with us!

sdream
2012-05-16, 10:09 PM
This micro system has crits automatically confirmed, and they just do max damage.

One of the better features for pbp I think.

Cohuge
2012-05-19, 05:16 PM
Okay. I did not realize that.

Kagin
2012-05-21, 01:00 PM
OOC: I don't know what is going on with CapnVan aka Bunky. We may have to drop, him - I will try to recruit more players and add them in. I may just continue as Bunky and have him called off to a different "mission". Talk to me CapnVan let me know if you can't continue

sdream
2012-05-21, 01:19 PM
Yeah, recruit us some more, but let's just finish these combats with you filling in. He's had plenty of time to post.

Kagin
2012-05-22, 07:34 AM
Bunky

After screaming out in pain from the Goblins attack. Bunky attempts to finish off the wobbly Goblin. The wobbly Goblin is moving so erraticly that Bunky hits nothing but air.

Attack
[roll0]
[roll1]
Damage
[roll2] sword
[roll3] mace

Kagin
2012-05-22, 07:47 AM
Renewed by the efforts of our heroes attempting to help out with the Goblins. The Guards counter attack and attempt take out some Gobo's.
Guards 1 & 2

[roll0]
[roll1]
damage
[roll2]
[roll3]
Guard # 2 - strikes one of the goblins dealing 4 pts of damage.
Guards 3 & 4

[roll4]
[roll5]
damage
[roll6]
[roll7]
Guard # 4 aim is true and hits the Goblin that injured him, the goblin drops dead.

Kagin
2012-05-22, 07:54 AM
Gobo's attack Guard 1&2

attacks
Goblin 7 [roll0]
Goblin 8 [roll1]
Goblin 9 [roll2]
damage
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Gobo's attack Guard 3&4

attacks
Goblin 7 [roll6]
Goblin 8 [roll7]
Goblin 9 [roll8]
damage
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

Guard # 4 takes 2 points of damage from a goblin

Kagin
2012-05-22, 08:14 AM
Summary - Round 1
The counter attack by the goblins was ineffective. All the goblins missed Ogg and Lazz. One of the Goblins snuck past Bunky's attacks and hit (-6hp).

Lazz encouraged by his "little" brother taking out a few Gobo's. Lazz swings and connects with a Goblin. The Goblin is hit so hard he is flung into the other goblin that attacked Lazz.

Bunky attempts to recover after being hit, and misses the wobbly goblin that is moving very eraticly.

The Guards respond with vigor as there lines are bolstered by our Heroes. Guard 2 strikes a gobo (4 pts of damage). Guard 4 (2 damage) strikes and kills the Goblin that injured him.

Ogg continues his slaughter of the Goblins. His first swing takes the head off of the goblin. His second swing lands true nearly cutting the second goblin in half. There is a small pile of Goblins gathering at Ogg's feet.

Combat Sheet

12 / 18 hp

22 / 22 hp 13 / 13 mp

22 / 22 hp

6 - Gobo dead

- Round 2 -
There are 8 Gobo's remaining
1 - attacking Lazz (1 dead at his feet)
0 - around Ogg (3 dead at his feet)
3 - attacking the guards on left side of caravan (same side as Ogg and Lazz)
2 - attacking the guards on right side of caravan w/ 1 dead (Bunky's side)
2 - attacking Bunky (1 seriously injured - wobbly)

Kagin
2012-05-23, 02:15 PM
- Begin Round 2 -

The remaining Goblin attacks Lazz

Attack

damage
[roll]1d6]

2 Goblins attack Guards on left side

attack
[roll1]
[roll2]
damage
[roll3]
[roll4]

The third Goblin turns to see what is going on with his comrades that attacked Lazz and Ogg. The Goblin sees 4 out of the 5 laying on the ground and not moving. The Goblin turns and starts to flee.

2 Goblins attack Guards on right side

attack
[roll5]
[roll6]
damage
[roll7]
[roll8]

2 Goblins attack Bunky
attack
Wobbly [roll9]
[roll10]
damage
[roll11]
[roll12]

Cohuge
2012-05-23, 05:55 PM
Laughing harshly as the Goblin flies backwards, Lazzormeck turned his attention to his next victim. Sweeping his arm back, he lunged towards the foe, hoping to end this one quickly and assist Bunky.

sdream
2012-05-23, 08:05 PM
Hearing his shortest sibling grunt in pain, Ogg begins hacking his way that direction.

"Bunky?"

1st attack [roll0]
dmg (2h)[roll1]

2nd attack [roll2]
dmg (2h)[roll3]

Kagin
2012-05-24, 04:14 AM
1 goblin attack to Bunky did not make it
[roll0]

Kagin
2012-05-24, 04:19 AM
Guards 1 & 2

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Guards 3 & 4

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Kagin
2012-05-28, 10:08 AM
Bunky

Infurated by being hit by these little goblin snots, Bunky strikes back!

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Kagin
2012-05-28, 10:12 AM
- Summary round 2 -

There is a lot of noise at the caravan between the Guards and Goblins. There were no hits between the two.

Lazz was struck by the goblin (4 hp). Lazz took a swipe at the goblin in front of him but the goblin deflects the attack.

The wobbly goblin hits Bunky (2 hp). Bunky tired of playing with the wobbly goblin, and kills the goblin. As Bunky looks to advance on the other goblin Ogg arrives.

With a war cry Ogg, takes a mighty swing and kills the remaning goblin surrounding Bunky.

10 / 18 hp

22 / 22 hp 13 / 13 mp

18 / 22 hp

8 - Gobo dead

- Round 2 -
There are 5 Gobo's remaining
1 - attacking Lazz (1 dead at his feet)
0 - around Ogg (3 dead at his feet)
2 - attacking the guards on left side of caravan (same side as Ogg and Lazz)
1 - ran away
2 - attacking the guards on right side of caravan w/ 1 dead (Bunky's side)
0 - attacking Bunky (all dead)

Kagin
2012-05-28, 10:44 AM
- Begin round 3-

The Goblins see that they have been severly decimated by the attacks of the heroes, attempt to flee!

OOC: Free Attack on the Goblins as they are fleeing!

Guards 1 & 2
1d20+1
1d20+1
1d6+1
1d6+1

Guards 3 & 4
1d20+1
1d20+1
1d6+1
1d6+1

Bunky
1d20+3
1d20+3
1d6+1
1d6+1

Cohuge
2012-05-28, 06:45 PM
"You're not getting off that easy!" Lazz said to the goblin as he swung yet again at the goblin in front of him.

sdream
2012-05-29, 11:00 AM
Ogg lets them flee, scanning the field for a dying, but not yet truly dead goblins to stabilize with healing and question.

As he does so, he calls out to the caravan:

"Ho there travellers! The light of the gods blessed you with fortune in our rescue, but how did you come to be off the road here?"

Kagin
2012-06-01, 11:20 AM
As the Goblins flee towards the woods, there is cheering and some "Huzah's" from the guards around the caravans. After some time a man climbs out from the first caravan and says Thanks be to the Gods for your assistance! With some rambling he gets down from the caravan and approaches our heroes.

My name is Avner Smith (http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/images/422104/avner.JPG) , I am the Caravan Master here. I wanted to be the first to shake your hands and personally thank you for the rescue. Avner reaches out and grabs each by the forarm and gives each of you a strong shake. I fear that if you did not show up when you did we would have been overwhelmed by the Goblin attack. I don't know why the would attack an empty caravan.

We were traveling from the North to pick up some supplies and a special package at Port Crosstown. The road we are on now merges with the road that you must have been traveling on. We were warned prior about an increase in Goblin activity, hence the guards we hired.

Are you heading to the Port?

sdream
2012-06-01, 01:06 PM
"We've been dispatched to the mayor of Port Crosston to aid him in resolving apparently this very problem. Let us escort you the rest of the way, and let us also question these goblins and find out what might be riling them up."

There must have been some goblins dying but not dead, I'll spend 4mp on 2 heals to keep them alive to question.

Kagin
2012-06-01, 04:34 PM
You were unable to find any Goblins to stabalize.

Avner - Thank you, please make yourself comfortable on either of the caravans. I will have the cook prep a lunch and provide you with some drinks for your efforts.

Avner turns to head to the lead caravan, to give some orders. Ohh, I almost forgot.Avner digs into something under his coat. This is for your troubles it is the least I can do for coming to our rescue! Avner hands out 50 gp to each of the heroes. Come find a shady spot on one of the caravans and we will be in Port Crosston before you know it.

sdream
2012-06-01, 04:54 PM
Ogg accepts the hospitality and generosity of the caravan graciously.

Expecting to reach the port soon he tries to get to know his new travel companions and leave them with a good impression of himself and his order.

Cohuge
2012-06-01, 07:05 PM
"Thank ye." Lazz said to Avner before he left. Turning to Ogg, he asked "What now, boss?"

sdream
2012-06-01, 10:15 PM
"If we're lucky these folks might share some info that will make our job in the Port easier. Failing that, we might just make some new friends."

Cohuge
2012-06-02, 09:16 PM
"Okay." Lazz nods. He looks distastefully at the goblin corpses littering the area. "I am right behind you. The caravan guards might have heard something about the goblin problem in a tavern or the like. Should we start with them?"

Kagin
2012-06-03, 06:42 AM
As the caravan rolls down the road everyone seems to fall back into there normal duties. Through the day a few of the guards approach and give there thanks. One guard in particular,
Norag (http://social.bioware.com/da_game_other/portraits/13000/12393/12393.png) sticks around and pours out his thanks. Braniel informs them that he was present when Avner heard the rumors of the increased activity of the Goblins in the area. The people that were warning Avner did not know what was causing the increase in the Goblin activity. Norag does remember one of the goblins mumuring something that sounded like "darkheart" with the last of its breath.

sdream
2012-06-05, 07:42 AM
Ogg thanks the guards for their information and tries to get a feel for the town up ahead from the caravan members who have been there before.

Kagin
2012-06-05, 10:07 AM
You are able to learn from Norag and a few of the guards that Port Crosston is a very busy place. There is a constant flow of trade ships, and caravans that enter and exit the town. Port Crosston is moderate sized city with rudementry protection around the city.

It is late in the afternoon when the caravan rolls up to one of the entrances to the Port. After waiting in line with some other traders, and merchants the caravan stops in front of the guard shack. After a rudementry inspection (and a small bribe) the caravan rolls into town. Avner, so very thankful for the heroes saving them offers to pay the cost of there room for the evening. Avner says he has reservations at the Rusty Wheel Inn, and knows the owner very well. Avner states that there should be no problem getting rooms for you.

sdream
2012-06-05, 02:53 PM
Ogg thanks Avner for his kind offer, saying:

"Your friend sounds like he runs a lovely inn, and I would be happy to meet you there. We have sat still long enough, however, and should at least stop by and let the Mayor know we have arrived to help before turning in."

He gets directions to the inn and the mayor's office and home.

Kagin
2012-06-05, 04:54 PM
Avner advises against this as it is late. Avner will make introductions to the Mayor in the morning, as he has buisness with the Mayor also.

Please sit, and relax. You all fought hard and deserve to. The Mayor does not like to be disturbed after dusk.

8:00 pm or so.. I want to take a small break. I am going to see if I can gather some other players for the game. The recruitment thread is up hopefully it will drum up some interest!

sdream
2012-06-05, 05:12 PM
/ooc What is the hour roughly?

Cohuge
2012-06-05, 07:39 PM
I would like to know also.