PDA

View Full Version : Ranged Attack without the Attack of Opportunity?

Dire Reverend
2012-05-02, 07:28 PM
So, besides the Epic Feat, is there any way for a person to make a ranged attack without provoking an attack of opportunity?

This question has probably been asked multiple times, and I tried searching it but the search function is not working. :smallfrown:

The Glyphstone
2012-05-02, 07:30 PM
There's a 1st-level Ranger spell, Arrow Mind, that lets you threaten adjacent with a bow and shoot without provoking.

Urpriest
2012-05-02, 07:31 PM
IIRC there's a Ranger spell in Champions of Valor that lets you do it, as well as make AOOs with your bow. Someone else will know more.

Edit: Ninja'd. Also don't trust me on the source. Pretty sure it's FR though.

The Glyphstone
2012-05-02, 07:35 PM
It was reprinted in Spell Compendium. Personal range, so you can't get it as a potion though, only in a wand.

eggs
2012-05-02, 07:36 PM
Exotic Weapon Master gets it for a level dip, Order of the Bow Initiate gets it at level 2 (the 3.0 version is pretty good; the 3.5 update is terrible), Psychic Warriors get it from the Perfect Archery level 2 power, Sorcerers, Wizards, Archivists and Rangers get Arrow Mind as a level 1 spell.

The Glyphstone
2012-05-02, 07:38 PM
Exotic Weapon Master gets it for a level dip, Order of the Bow Initiate gets it at level 2 (the 3.0 version is pretty good; the 3.5 update is terrible), Psychic Warriors get it from the Perfect Archery level 2 power, Sorcerers, Wizards, Archivists and Rangers get Arrow Mind as a level 1 spell.

To nitpick, Archivists need a scroll of it first. Difficulty of locating such an item comes with the standard disclaimers.

Dire Reverend
2012-05-02, 07:57 PM
Exotic Weapon Master is pretty much what I was looking for, thank you all. :smallsmile:

Urpriest
2012-05-02, 08:37 PM
To nitpick, Archivists need a scroll of it first. Difficulty of locating such an item comes with the standard disclaimers.

Not so tricky in this case though: find a level 4+ Ranger who didn't trade casting away, and convince them to hang out with you while you make the scroll. It's harder for things that only occur on spontaneous/domain/obscure classes.