PDA

View Full Version : Tenbis City Out of Mission (IC)

SecondRevan
2012-05-03, 04:34 AM
OOC:This will be the thread where everyone can interact with each other and do some mostly freeform roleplaying in between missions (though if you are interacting with an important NPC or develop an important subplot, I will have to be part of it). To start with, we will use this thread to introduce the characters and have them meet for the first time.

Evening encroached upon Tenbis City. It had taken time to gather the names, but Paladin had her team. They were all new, but that was the way of things, wasn't it? All of the experienced heroes were too busy with the major missions to do something like this, so it had to be new heroes. Especially these days. With so many heroes having been killed - many in their civilian identities. In some ways, Paladin should be relieved that her sister was killed in costume. But it didn't offer any consolation. Her sister was still dead. And Virus had still disappeared. But maybe she could find him. Eight heroes, to do what the current heroes are too busy to do. They could do it.

With a press of a button, Paladin sent off nine invitations to the warehouse that she had spent two months preparing. Her new headquarters, located in the outskirts of town, but close enough to have the team mobilise quickly. Step one was done. And soon, hopefully, Paladin would find Virus.

Regalus
2012-05-04, 10:11 PM
On this late spring a lone figure stood upon a hillside over looking a lone warehouse; to most, it was just a normal warehouse, but through his eyes he could see that this place was wired like a fort. He was surprised to have received an email asking him to come here, and was a bit suspicious of the whole thing, but his mother laid his worries to rest. It seemed like this would be an incredibly fortuitous event for him. So, after a hardy meal and a couple of wary goodbyes he had traveled all the way here to meet his destiny.

"Well this looks like the place", he said out load to no one in particular. For a moment he debated how to go about this, but given the large EMF the place had, he thought it best to just knock. So it was that the Great and Magnificent Vulpini gallantly strode to the front gate and knocked.

Assurau
2012-05-05, 06:14 PM
It was early evening and Alana was in her usual spot, in front of the tv in her room. Usually she would have been sitting further back and enjoy the spectacle of the latest in the long line of sentai series. However, she had caught sight of an intriguing little device, whose claim was the ability to convert data into real matter.

As she replayed the activation scene over and over, she said " This looks like a handy little gizmo. Still how would you go about the conversion? And what could be the possible power source? The maid that just brought her dinner cringed a bit, as she was already imagining the mess this latest idea would bring. Fortunately, a ping coming from her pc distracted Alana from her thoughts, giving the maid enough peace of mind to leave. It seemed someone had sent her an email.

"Hmmmm. Unknown sender. With the subject of help need. This seems to be trash bin material, but let's see what's inside."

As she opened the mail, she saw an hour, an address and a message that read 'If you want to do some good and live up to the legacy of the Gentleman, come.' At the end, only the word paladin was written and an image of Alana during her appearance at the Redjacket Convention Center. The color visibly drained from Alana's face. It was bad enough that witch Inkwell had messed up the con that day, but the fact that someone had actually discovered who she was took it to a whole 'nother level of bad. To make matters worse, Shepard had chosen that moment to see what his granddaughter was up to.

It took her an hour to backtrack the email to the point of origin. Really it was actually 15 minutes, but Shepard had spent 45 chastising her for this debacle. After rejiggering herself for network warfare, she obtained the isp address and, after gaining access to satellite footage, matched the location to a warehouse in the outskirt of town. This was also the same address that the mail had provided, so it seemed legit. While her grandfather had not met Paladin, he knew enough about her to have a good understanding of what the situation might be. After some discussion between the two, Alana decided to go to the meeting, but would notify Shepard if anything went wrong.

With the matter more or less settled, Alana reverted from her civilian form and reshaped herself with the gravitron flight generator,sensory enhancement array, wireless comm module and the emission damper unit to ensure smooth travel and avoid detection, just in case. With a kiss to her grandfather, Alana was off. Along the way, she kept tabs on the satellite feed. It was then that she saw some one arrive at the warehouse.

"That's Vulpini! This is definite interesting. Wonder who else got the call. At the very least, I won't be alone in case this turn into an ambush."

She saw as the young hero went and knock on the gate, without any apparent regard for the possibility that it could ambush. "Fearless or reckless, this one is.", she said to herself as he approached the warehouse.

A few moments later, she landed and said, "So you got an invite too, Vulpini?"

Regalus
2012-05-05, 09:08 PM
Vulpini turned around just as Inspired landed, with a smile and not a speck of surprise visible on his face,"Yup, looked like an interesting gig. Thought I'd give it a look; so who are ya? Don't think I've seen a pretty lady like you around these parts," he asked with a raise brow.

Assurau
2012-05-05, 09:16 PM
"The name's Inspired. You know the ruckus two weeks ago at Red Jacket Convention Center, That was me. I'm relatively new. So how did they contact you?"

Regalus
2012-05-05, 09:19 PM
"Ah so you're the one who dealt with the artsy chick. Was wondering who'd brought her in. I got roped in by email; lord only knows how the found out what it was. You?"

Assurau
2012-05-05, 09:25 PM
"Contact via personal email as well. Backtraced it to its point of origin and compared location with GPS and Visual sat imaging. Decided to check it out and spotted you."

Regalus
2012-05-05, 09:33 PM
"Well aren't you a bright little girl? Do ya know how many others got the message to?", he asked while leaning back on the warehouse.

Assurau
2012-05-05, 09:39 PM
"No idea. Though at least we have each other , in case this turns out to be a set-up. I mean, there is a hero killer going around."

Zerkai
2012-05-06, 11:24 AM
"Wow... I... I look..." Bonnie trailed off as she stood in front of a cracked mirror in the abandoned building was currently squatting in. A mostly empty room with a mattress, boarded windows, and a big cardboard box she used for a table.

Bonnie, or 'Boo' as she decided on, was in costume for the first time and looking herself over. The black bodysuit was a bit too form-fitting, so she was glad to have a cloak she could wear over it. She pulled up her hood, frowning just a little under her mask. She just wished she was worth all the trouble Paladin was going through over her.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Boo was invisible when she flew towards the gate to the headquarters, spotting two of what she assumed were other heroes. She landed about fifteen yards from the gate as she watched the talk curiously.

"H... Hello?" She called out as she became visible, but kept intangible, better safe than sorry.

shugyosha
2012-05-06, 12:15 PM
Reaver

Hiro sat far from the meeting point. He didn't need to be there to know what was going on. His mind danced the distance and saw the two talking and the third appear. The Paladin said he should meet them, but he could not help but be apprehensive. There was so much at stake, no one else seemed to comprehend, and what if he was wrong. The future events were clear but not the path. It was like looking at a mountain in the distance. You could easily see it but not the many roads leading there.

Hiro stood up and donned his mask and hood. Shot a grapple line and began to make his way there.

He'll be there in a few minutes.

Assurau
2012-05-06, 01:40 PM
While chatting with Vulpini, Alana's sensor picked up a disturbance a few feet behind her and Vulpini.

"Well that's a surprise. Guess i have to recalibrate my sensors. I should have picked up the presence sooner, then again Vulpini is a circumstantial penalty if there ever was one.", thought Alana as she turned to wards the source.

Talk about no presence. Whoever this person was, she had very little detectable; How had she gotten there? Replaying the satellite feed, Alana saw the newcomer literally appear out of thin air. She was pretty sure that she hadn't heard any sound as the girl had approached them. So she began to ponder on the options. One possibility for her lack of sound could be sonic dampeners or similar ability to alter sound. There was also quantum state induction, which could lead to lack of sound as the target didn't interact with the air. For her undetected arrival, Teleportation or cloaking must be involved. Still it even be a perception filter, like in that british series Alana had found recently. If that was the case, then she could have been there for a time before she was noticed. Interesting little puzzle indeed, indeed.

"Hello, I'm Inspired and this is Vulpini. Where you contacted by Paladin as well?" said Alana to the new arrival

Regalus
2012-05-06, 02:25 PM
Vulpini inspected the newcomer; she seemed nice enough though their was certainly something off about her, " Yo," he said making a V sign with his fingers " So what do you go by sweet heart?"

Zerkai
2012-05-07, 04:39 AM
Boo stayed intangible, though there was no way to tell she was in the first place. She felt self-conscious now that people could see her in uniform, covering herself with her cloak. "Y... Yes. Paladin contacted me too..."

"I'm... My name is Boo..."

Prophet_of_Io
2012-05-07, 12:01 PM
THE BEFORE
It was a quiet morning on 308 West Kenmore Place.

Pathway... Juan, had left early to get work done at the cafe down the street but Shadi and Alex knew it was because he didn't want to be there when they left. Until now it had been the three of them, one team. Now it was the two of them and Paladin, and whoever else she roped in.

Alex dressed himself quietly, he never liked wearing the leather jumpsuit but today he absolutely loathed it. Shadi, already dressed was standing in the doorway.
Alex. Are you ever going to talk to me?
I don't like this Di. I don't like any bit of this. I don't trust Paladin, I never liked being a hero and you broke my trust. What do you want me to say? he said flatly. They stood in silence for a while longer as he zipped up his jacket and went to get that Helmet and Cowl.
Can I at least say I'm sorry?
BLACKMAIL! That's really what this is for me! You realize that? Blackmail! All because her sister died she thinks this gives her te right to force me into this!
Alex I-
I told you, no I begged you Not to reveal any of our identities to anyone. And you promised, you SWORE you wouldn't!
I'd never! I didn't- I only told her mine, I thought-
Thought what!? You didn't think, you never think! You haven't stopped to think about anything since we got these powers! How? How was she not going to connect the two of us? Even if we weren't roommates, Passage and Impact do everything together, obviously if she wanted to find me all she had to do was watch you!
But she's a Hero! I never thought she'd go after you I swear!
A hero?! Shadi, no one's ever a hero. We're all just people and we both know Paladin does whatever it takes to reach her self-proclaimed Justice. It was only a matter of time before she decided blackmail was all for the greater good. So save your vows, we both know how much weight they hold. he shoved past her walking down the hall into the kitchen. He regreted it almost instantly. He saw Shadi on the verge of tears from the corner of his eye as he did. And sure enough as he reached the kitchen he heard her break down. He felt terrible. He didn't mean to hurt her. All of his life he'd been proud of his ability to empathize. To understand. He realized Shadi just wanted to be something better than she was, to make a difference. He knew she idolized Paladin. He even knew Paladin was working through the loss of a sister, the thought of losing his sister... Well, he didn't know what he would do. He was just so Angry, he felt the anger like a worm eating him from the inside, his stomach clenched just at the thought of Paladin. His mind racing back to two nights ago when he came home to see her standing in his kitchen, Shadi... Passage, at her side looking down at the ground. "You want to do the free lance thing? Zoom around and fight the petty criminals? Well that was all well and good before but things have changed! Heroes are dying and like it or not your a Hero now and you have too much potential and power to sit around fighting the common thugs. I'm bringing the man who killed my sister to Justice! Two days from now I expect to see you at the warehouse. Passage knows the location. Suit up Alex, this is your responsibility!".
Ha. Responsibility. What would she know of responsibility? Heros are being killed out of costume so now its ok to find other Heros out of costume? Who's she kidding? She's no better than Virus. In the other room he could hear Passage sink to the ground. He breath became short and she was sobbing so hard she would have to take a moment to catch her breath before going on. Then again, maybe I'm not either. As much as he blamed crime fighting on Passage, Alex... Impact, liked the idea of being a hero. Of helping people. And if Heros were being targeted he should help them. He walked over to Passage and gently put his hand on her shoulder, kneling down to where she sat on the floor. She looked up briefly then just flung herself into his arms, weaping even harder into his shoulder.
I'm s-sorry. I-I-I'm s-so s-s-sorry I-
Shh. It's fine. Don't- I'm sorry. I shouldn't put this on you. You never intended for this to happen. I lost my temper. it was odd seeing her this vulnerable. Normally she's such a firecracker. They just sat there for a while until Passage regained composure.
Well.
*sniff* Well?
Guess we'd better go huh, don't want to be late She laughed in spite of herself. Looked up and said quietly
Ok... with that and a purple flash (bout the same color as her text) they were gone.

THE PRESENT
With a bright purple light two more figures appear in front of the three already there. A tall young man who looks tired and worn but not particularly powerful, and a darker skinned girl who's face was bright red as those she had been crying.

So this is the place? Impact asked? Passage sniffles a little and then said.
Yes, yes this is it.

Zerkai
2012-05-07, 03:04 PM
Boo seemed easily startled, letting out a gasp of surprise at the flash of purple light before turning invisible after the two new arrivals showed up.

SuperMuldoon
2012-05-07, 03:19 PM
-=beep beep beep beep=-
-=Incoming Transmission...text based...Sender: Paladin...Body: Invitation...co-ordinates enclosed...Update nav system?=-

Alan slowed his flight and turned his attention to the incoming message. Nodding to himself, he replies to the suit. "Yes, input the co-ordinates into the nav system. Looks like Paladin is finally putting the team together..." he says, knowing that the time to help Paladin in her quest for vengance against Virus is finally here. Paladin had helped him so much in the aftermath of his father's death that he swore he would help her when the time came. "Engage FLARE jets, full speed toward the co-ordinates." he says into the suits voice activator as the jets fire and he rockets across the sky towards the meeting place.

His visual sensors pick up 5 people already at the warehouse, milling about outside. The SOLAR suit displays readouts of their identities if known and possible power sets and physical abilities. Filing the information away for later, Alan activates the URANUS System, and the armor shimmers briefly before nearly disappearing, cloaking system activated. "Don't want to make too big an entrance...just in case this base is supposed to be secret." he says with a grin before coming in for a landing, easing down to the ground near the group of potential heroes. Once he touches down, he disengages the URANUS System and the suit melts back into visibility. "Greetings." he says, voice tinged with a metallic sound from the suits vocal amplifiers. "Looks like we're going to be a team."

Prophet_of_Io
2012-05-07, 04:27 PM
Shortly after arrival Alex hears a startling sound that can only be discribed as a "Meep!" turning around he sees two others behind him. Then out of nowhere another figure flew out of the sky, sun behind him, a robot or at least a robotic suit. Passage's mood was quickly raising as she whipped the remaining tears off her face.
Oh wow, that's Helios! And Behind us is Vulpini, and... Well I don't know her name but I've seen her somewhere. she said aside to Impact. Three pretty big up and comers!
Four. Impact was glancing around, he didn't "see" anything now but he was sure they were near, close to the other two. You might as well show yourself. he called out. I know your hear, even if you didn't let out that peep.

Regalus
2012-05-07, 04:53 PM
"I'm sorry, mind repettin' that. Couldn't quite catch..." he began asking before Boo vanished in plain sight upon the arrival of two new comers; and just as he was about to greet them another decided to arrive in full battle armor. "Looks like we got quite a party here,"

" She's Inspired; fresh to the scene, so don't worry about not recognizing her." he said point at Inspired before pointing towards what would appear to be empty space to most. "She's shy, and you folks would be?" he explained with a smile.

Zerkai
2012-05-07, 09:02 PM
After a few moments of nothing terrible happening Boo reappeared in the same spot she was standing prior, staring at the ground. She was a little ashamed she got startled by the heroes so easily.

"I'm sorry... I'm new to this whole... hero thing. I, uh... I'm Boo..." She mumbled as she introduced herself to the three new arrivals.

shugyosha
2012-05-07, 10:20 PM
Reaver

He swung in low and landed in midst the group of budding adventurers. He recognized a few of them from the news and the rest from his visions. Addressing the group he simply says, "Evening"

Prophet_of_Io
2012-05-08, 09:00 AM
Vulpini introduced the woman next to him as "Inspired" and the invisible one as "Shy". Shortly after another young woman appeared, this one was young, almost too young for this fight Alex thought. She apologized and again Alex felt ashamed. Easy Alex, not everyone is out to get you. For all you know she's in the same situation you are. Again he had let his aggression get the better of him. He would have apologized but before he had a chance yet another figure droped out of nowhere, and this one even Alex knew. Reaver! Wow, so even he's here.

Now there were seven of them.
Passage, me, a ghost, a... Furry?, unknown, a robot and Reaver. Hard to believe Paladin could blackmail all of them, especially Reaver. Though he doesn't actually have powers. She might have just muscled him. Still, most of them seem to want to be here, almost excited. The Ghost looks frightened. Maybe she is in my boat after all...

Regalus
2012-05-08, 03:05 PM
" It's a pleasure to meet you Boo," he said with a smile just before Reaver landed, blocking the younger girl from his view.

"...Hi there." he said waving at the newcomer, " How many more of us are going to get here before our host decides to drop by?"

Steve-a-Saur
2012-05-09, 10:08 PM
A red streak passed by overhead, followed by a light boom as the sound barrier broke.

"ugh, I over shot..." muttered Rocket. He turned around in a wide angle, trying to bleed off some speed. As he passed by again, he noticed the small gathering of costumed people that he was flying too high and too fast to see before.

On his third pass, he finally slowed down enough to come to a hover above them all. He was pretty sure that his message mentioned other costumed heroes would be present, but one couldn't be too certain with hero killers on the loose, and he eyed the strangers warily.

"So, I take it that you guys got the call too?"

SuperMuldoon
2012-05-10, 02:38 PM
Helios

Helios looks at the gathered heroes. Quite a motley crew. This is going to be interesting. he thinks to himself. He sees the one who called herself Boo phase back to visibility. "No need to apologize. Some of you may be newer at this than others, but the fact that you are here means Paladin thinks you've got what it takes." he says, directing the last part towards the whole group.

Zerkai
2012-05-12, 10:54 AM
"G-Good evening..." Boo mumbled while watching Reaver land into view, taking a step back as she looked around at everyone. Seeing so many heroes should've made her feel better, but she and a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach that she was just going to embarrass herself in front of real heroes.

The cloaked girl jumped a little at the sonic boom and the red streak, fighting back the instinct to go back to being invisible as Rocket landed. She kept silent thought, wondering how many more heroes would appear.

Regalus
2012-05-12, 11:35 PM
Vulpini nodded, "Yup. Don't forget, being a team means that we can rely on the rest of the group to help us with any trouble we might have to deal with. So, everyone feel free to loosen up a smidge; and don't be afraid to ask for help, we got your back," he added with a reassuring smile.

Assurau
2012-05-13, 10:26 PM
As Inspired look at the group that had gathered over the course of several moments, she began to ponder on their natures. Until other proof was found, Boo was specter-themed, so one could assume that invisibility and intangibility were the tip of her power. From detailed examination of internet videos and eye witness accounts, she had recognized Helios. He, at least she assumed it was a he, possessed a mode change system of which she had deduced some of the functions due to the color coding each function seemed to trigger. Vulpini had been pretty blatant about his power over electricity and speed. Rocket Man's powers seemed to be the basic flight, super strength and force field, which she had guessed was the source of the red glow. Of the two that arrived after Boo, one may be responsible for the portal they had used to arrived. However she didn't recognize either one, so Inspired couldn't deduce the nature of their power. The one that arrived before Rocket Man had was also a puzzle, though one could surmise he may possess some gadgetry talent if the grappling hook and the custom belt were any indication.

So far they had a electro-speedster/blaster, a flying brick, a ghostly infiltrator, a variable mode robot or powered armor, a possible gadgeteer, a possible porter, an unknown and herself, which was as variable as they come. It seemed, assuming Paladin had done full research, that this "team" had their powers spread somewhat evenly. Interesting to say the least.

" Still Vulpini, I can't help but wonder what would be the cause of our summons? I mean, why us and not some of the more experienced heroes?", said Inspired as she continued to try deciphering the cause.

SecondRevan
2012-05-14, 06:53 PM
At this point another hero came, flying in an armoured battlesuit similar to Helios. The suit lacks the elegence of Helios', instead focused entirely on the mechanics, which bolsters a large array of different devices that provide the user a large variety of different, but powerful, options. While the suit was once a standard, run of the mill battlesuit, modifications by its user and wholesale improvements by Arrow have made it a weapon unmatched in Tenbis City. It is the superhero Paladin.

She lands perfectly in front of the assorted heroes, despite carbon scoring suggesting she had recently been in a big battle. "Thank you for coming. I apologise for being late, but I was fighting Crucible with Arrow and Masquerade. Luckily, we stopped him this time.". Between the synthesised voice and the helmet, her expression is unreadable.

"It is good to see that most of you have come. The world needs more heroes, and I'm grateful that each of you have taken up our profession." She paused for a moment before continuing. "More and more supervillains are attacking these days, and with many heroe disappearing, it is becoming increasingly harder to hold the tide. Of all the heroes in Tenbis City, only Redjacket can afford to spend time on detective work and trying to stop criminals before they have a chance to attack. And that is because he only fights when it is neccessary.

"If I realise done thing during my break, it is that we cannot let this continue. Crucible manged four different attacks because we didn't have the manpower to find him after he had gone to ground. Virus is still out there because we cannot devote resources to finding him." Even through the voice modulator, Paladin's anger seems through as she speaks of Virus. "I want you all to be a team that can do those sorts of things. That can stop supervillains before they strike, or find the ones currently hiding. I already have your first mission ready." She turned to each of them in turn. "We need to act fast, but there is time for questions. Do any of you have anything you want to ask?"

Regalus
2012-05-14, 09:44 PM
"Just four," he stated with grin as he raised one of his hands. "Where do I sign up? Where are we going? what are we dealing with? And how do you want us to deal with it?" he asked, raising one of his fingers as he spoke each question.

shugyosha
2012-05-14, 11:19 PM
Reaver

It was good to be proactive, he thought to himself. He remained silent and watched the others reactions.

SuperMuldoon
2012-05-16, 09:23 AM
Helios shook his head. "No questions from me Paladin. I'm ready to go anytime, just tell me the mission."

Prophet_of_Io
2012-05-16, 02:14 PM
Passage looked at Impact, he just shook his head.

Um, Impact and I are ready to go as well.

Zerkai
2012-05-17, 07:53 AM
Boo watched Paladin land and let out a sigh of relief, she was starting to get nervous. She shook her head meekly, if she had any questions, they could wait till afterwards.

Steve-a-Saur
2012-05-17, 09:36 PM
Rocket thought about it. It was kind of a big thing to tell a group of strangers out of the blue that they'll all be working together. Rocket didn't really know much about any of them, and all of a sudden they were supposed to be a team? All their lives depending on each other? Did they really have what it took to make this kind of commitment work? It was all very sudden, and he didn't think they had what it took.

Still, it was a chance to correct some mistakes. Another step in the right direction.

"So basically, we're superhuman bounty hunters? Do we even have the right set of skills for this job? All I do is fly around and punch things."

OOC: changed text color from green to red. Since no one had that color and I thought it would be more appropriate.

Assurau
2012-05-18, 05:06 PM
Inspired listened to the others' reply to Paladin's statement. Vulpini, proving to be wiser than his appearance led on, had asked three of the questions she had formulated, while rocket man had addressed the other issue. Finding out the nature of the group would be key for her ultimate choice. If the group was just super bounty hunters, then sticking with them would depend on how each one behaves. However since she lack accurate behavioral information, she could make clear assessment on the team behavior. Additionally if the purpose of the team would determine the role of each member, something that would probably restrict how much of her powers she could explore.

Vulpini's question on the nature of the mission would be the primary key. She had given some thought on the matter, but there were to many variable to narrow the possibilities. In the end, there was only one question she could ask in the open.

"What is going to be the nature of this group your creating and for how long do you intend it to last?", she asked Palladin.

SecondRevan
2012-05-18, 11:54 PM
Paladin waited for them to ask all their questions before answering. She ignored Vulpini's questions, deciding to address everyone else's concerns first before announcing the mission.

"Do not worry, Rocket. You all have the right skill sets. If there is one thing I have learnt as a superhero, there is always a need to punch things." Paladin turned to Inspired. "I plan for the team to last as long as possible. As to the nature, most of that will be up to you. Your missions will be given by me, but you will be mostly independent. You will have access to the warehouse, that has nearly everything you will need, including computers, workshops and living spaces to those who need or want it. Now, onto the mission..."

A hologram flickered into existence, showing several recently apprehended supervillains floating a few centimetres above Paladin's palm. "When we took down each of these villains, we realised that each of their equipment was coming from the same source. Redjacket has investigated and learnt of a black market operating here, led by a man who only goes by the name Merchant. He has a monthly sale, where he sells things he has acquired and even auctions off some particularly impressive items. The problem is that he sets up in a different location each month, and is an expert at covering his tracks."

The hologram changed to show a new supervillain, a villain that appeared to be made of ice. "Luckily, Redjacket has managed to work out some of Merchant's suppliers. This is Cyro, who leads a group of thieves that specialize in acquiring high tech weapons. Tonight, he is delivering a catchment of weapons to the next location of Merchant's store. Redjacket has found Cyro's base, so we want you to use the information to find and stop Merchant, and to use Merchant's computer to find out about his clients. You can spend some time preparing, then Passage can teleport you over. Are there any questions?"

OOC:One last bit of questioning before we leave this thread and go into the first mission, and we cans tart doing fun stuff like actual rolls

Regalus
2012-05-19, 07:57 AM
"So, to summarize; we've got three mission goals. Break up merchants operations, bring'em in and find out who his clients are, right? Should we try to bring this Cyro in too while we're at if should we keep it simple? And do ya know if they got any metahumans working for'em?"

Prophet_of_Io
2012-05-20, 05:50 PM
Impact.

Impact really was hoping not to speak to Paladin today, but there was a serious question he did need answering. And seeing as how the mission would affect all there lives, Including Passage, he reluctantly spoke up.

Hold on. We've found Cryo's base but are we attacking him there or trailing him to this "Merchants" new store? Because, and no offense, but besides the Ghost girl not many of us seem like we're built for stealth. Especially not the walking metal sunspot over there. He pointed indicating towards Helio's. Again, no offense.

shugyosha
2012-05-21, 02:44 PM
Reaver

"Should we really be talking about mission specs out here in the open. Isn't there some place more private?"

OOC: I didn't see anywhere that we have moved the conversation into her HQ.

SecondRevan
2012-05-21, 04:30 PM
You are right, I decided it wasn't worth having everyone have to go into the HQ and roleplay their reaction to the base, so I was going to introduce the HQ once we complete our first mission.

"Do not worry, Reaver. If it was not safe to talk here, I would not be discussing this. This area is surrounded by security systems. Now, Vulpini, you are correct with your goals. If you believe it is possible, you can attempt to capture Cryo. However, please note that he is low priority compared to Merchant. And Cryo's gang is a mixture of both metahumans, metahuman equivalents and normal thugs, so you will have to be careful." She then turned to Impact to address his concerns. "You can choose to use stealth if you want, but that is not the only option. Work out between you what you want your strategy to be. Stealth is a viable tactic, but brute force should alsowork, or you could combine the two. And I wouldn't underestimate the walking metal sunspot's ability to disappear"

Edit: Correcting probably the stupidest typo I have ever made. I don't know how I messed up Vulpini's name that badly

SuperMuldoon
2012-05-22, 09:10 AM
Helios

Helios scanned in the holograms into the SOLAR suits internal memory to be recalled later if necessary. He nodded at Paladin's instructions. "Sounds like a worthy task. I'm sure we can come up with a suitable plan." he says. He turns to face Impact after his quip. "Activate URANUS system." he says into his suit, as the visual concealment layer activates, obscuring his form and making him virtually invisible. "None taken." he says, grinning behind his facemask.

shugyosha
2012-05-22, 09:33 AM
Reaver

"Okay so Helio can follow Cryo until he gets there and then call us when he stops. We can then recon the area and bust up the party when everyone shows up."

Turning to Helio as if visible, "What is the frequency for your com system?"

Prophet_of_Io
2012-05-22, 02:03 PM
Impact was visable surprised when the Bright orange metal man vanished from sight. Man, I'm making assumptions all over the place today. but all he said was Alright, Touche

Then Reaver announced his first draft plan of, he called him Helios (I should really remember that).
It's pretty dangerous sending just one scout, I realize the more that go the bigger risk of getting caught but the Ghost Girl should go along with him, no?

shugyosha
2012-05-22, 02:37 PM
Reaver

Turning to Boo, "Do you have a way to contact us to report your findings?"

Steve-a-Saur
2012-05-22, 05:18 PM
Rocket wasn't liking where this was going. This Merchant guy and all this high tech equipment was starting to feel uncomfortably familiar. It was probably best to keep it to himself though.

"That's a good point. How are we all going to talk to each other if we're all supposed to be working as a team?"

Regalus
2012-05-22, 05:37 PM
"Great question; I don't exactly have a com link either." he replied Vulpini. " Never could find one didn't would stick, or survive a good shock."

Zerkai
2012-05-22, 09:34 PM
Boo

The hooded girl nodded in silence as she listened to Paladin explain their mission, keeping to herself as the others figured out a plan. She glanced at Helios when they brought up stealth, eyes widening behind her mask as he became invisible.

Boo let out a sigh, feeling less useful now as she turned to face Reaver. "I... have a commlink built into my mask."

shugyosha
2012-05-23, 08:14 AM
Reaver

"Alright," he says to Boo, "Lets match frequencies and then you can be off."

SuperMuldoon
2012-05-23, 01:24 PM
Helios

Helios's suit scans for everyone's transmitter (if they have one) and syncs up to their frequency. He sends a test transmission just to make sure its working. He also deactivates the URANUS system, and becomes visible as the stealth system turns off.

"Alright, so we follow Cyro to the meet and radio the location back. I suggest we wait for the deal to finish before we move in, no need to deal with both Cyro's gang and the Merchant's crew at the same time. We can always deal with Cyro after, as we know where he lives."

SecondRevan
2012-05-24, 07:52 PM
OOC:SuperMuldoon, just remember that unless I missed something on your sheet, you can hear radio signals from the comlinks but only when you aren't on stealth mode and you can't transmit anything.

Assurau
2012-05-25, 09:57 PM
"Excuse me Paladin, but perhaps i can solve the communication issue. If you could provide me with some basic components, i could provide temporary communication devices for those who do not possess them. I'm a very fast worker.",said Inspired to Paladin

SecondRevan
2012-05-26, 06:54 AM
"There isn't much time, Inspired, but if you can do it quickly enough, you can certainly try. ". With this, Paladin pressed a sequence of buttons on her wrist, opening the door into the warehouse. The bottom floor is sparsely furnished, and focused more on fitting as many useful facilities as possible, including a large workstation currently made up mostly of several different versions of Paladin's battlesuit, in varying states of completeness. Though it is difficult to see from you location, there are hints of an upstairs that is much more luxurious.
"The workstation should have everything you need to build your comlinks. Can you do it in less than 15 minutes? You can't afford much more time.

Remember Assurau that the answer is a big yes. It is closer to a minute

Assurau
2012-05-26, 08:51 PM
After crunching the numbers in her head, Inspired said with confidence"For something as simple as these, I can do it in a minute a piece."

As she sat down in front of the workstation, Inspired geek out a little seeing the components there and the possibilities. Commanding herself to focus, blue lines streamed from her forearms to her fingers.

Inventing roll:tech + intelligence
[roll0]

In flurry of motion, Inspired grab tools and components. One miniature head set was done, then another and another, until a set of 8 mini headsets were done. They were small enough so they could be used under mask with little visibility. While not ideal, Inspired was satisfied with her work for the time being. Anything more would require detailed analysis of the needs and abilities of her new teammates, and Paladin had stated that she only had 15 minutes. Saving the images of the armor components and other such tools seen for later study, Inspired picked the headsets and headed back to her team so she could hand them out.

Assurau
2012-05-31, 11:33 AM
As Inspired emerged from the warehouse, she said" Ok, who needs a comm device? They're pretty basic, but should suffice at least for this mission.". The she extended the freshly made devices towards the group, hope some of them would approach her later for more proper devices.

Regalus
2012-05-31, 02:08 PM
Vulpini sauntered over to Inspired and eyed the batch of coms, before picking one up and carefully observing it. "Well, the wiring seems to be up to par, but are you sure these little things won't fry when once we make our entrance?"

Assurau
2012-05-31, 02:26 PM
" Well Vulpini, given that fact that i pretty much assemble them in about 8 minutes and used parts provided by Paladin, i'd say they could last for at least 24 hours, maybe. Of course for more permanent solutions i would need to study your powers and abilities so that i could build something more suited to each one of you."

Regalus
2012-05-31, 03:54 PM
"Noted,"he said as he properly equipped the com link and began fiddling with it; as he waited for everyone to get ready.

Steve-a-Saur
2012-05-31, 09:28 PM
The red glow of Rockets force field faded away. To put his headset on, he had to shut off his powers to fit it around his head. His head set was more noticable than the others, since his mask was just a simple red domino mask.

After he managed to fit it around his head, he brought his forcefield back up and tried to test the device out. He didn't know how much his powers would affect the radio signals, or whatever else it was that it worked on.

"So... uh... testing, testing one, two, three?"

SuperMuldoon
2012-06-01, 10:41 AM
Helios

Helios accepts a transmitter. "Thank you. Normally I wouldn't need one, but since my stealth field requires my suit's comms to be dark, this will let me stay in touch while I remain unseen."

shugyosha
2012-06-01, 12:23 PM
Reaver

Looking at Helios and Boo, "Okay, on your way. Contact us when you made contact with the target and follow discretely."

Zerkai
2012-06-05, 06:36 PM
Boo

Boo nodded to Reaver as she adjusted her commlink to the others frequency accordingly. She then glanced up at the big armored hero, then looked down with a sigh.

"Okay... I'm ready."

SuperMuldoon
2012-06-06, 03:55 PM
Helios

Alan smiled behind his mask and put a steadying hand on Boo's shoulder, keeping the suit's enhanced strength in check. "Alright Boo, let us begin the mission. Is flight one of your powers, or do you need a lift?"

Zerkai
2012-06-06, 08:11 PM
Boo

The cloaked girl flinched at the hand on her shoulder, recoiling from Helios."I.. I can fly too... and go through things." She said after a moment of silence, looking away as she rubbed her arm.

SecondRevan
2012-06-07, 05:51 AM
"Good. You are all ready. Passage, here are the co-ordinates of Cryo's base" Paladin said. "This should mean you teleport just outside the base, with enough distance to stop Cryo from spotting you."

"OK, I think I can do this" she says, and gathers everyone around. Reaching out with her powers, she successfully manages to teleport everyone, and the assorted heroes disappear in front of Paladin with a flash of light.

OOC: We will come back to this thread in between missions. But until we do, follow me to Chapter 1: Supply and Demand (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13357618#post13357618)