PDA

View Full Version : Idea's for new Star Wars Campaign

Gerner
2012-05-03, 05:53 AM
Dear all,

I am rapping up my D&D 3.5 campaign with a team of players 4, and they have asked to keep playing but in Star wars universe instead. They have asked for a long campaign (keeping up for maybe a year or 2) Playing like around 10 hours a month.

So I have started writing a new campaign inspired by Knights of the old republic 1-2, so my plan is to start just before the Mandalorian war.

I will be using the Star wars revised rulebook and I know that the players will be 2-3 Jedi’s and 1 soldier or scoundrel.

So my first idea is to have the following chapters:
Part 1 Disturbers in the outer realm
The players will start with a little tutorial in use of skill/force, fight etc. before they are sent to planet XX in the outer realm to help a patrician who have learn of an upcoming attack form the separatist’s.
They will have instrutions to secure the patrician if they stand to lose the fight, which they will, they will also learn during this that the Mandalorian have sponsored the separatists.

Part 2 Full Scale invasion of the outer rim:
After reviling the support from the mandalorian, the party is asked to return to the temple with the patrician.
The problem is that the mandalorian has put up a blockade of the planet (Party do not know), and claimed there ship.
They need to find a way out of the planet, after finding a way of the planet they encounter the blockade and get back to the enclave.

Part 3 The reviling of the true evil:
The PC learns somehow that the Sith are in control of the mandalorian’s, and the attack is a diversion from the sith true agenda which is to find some artifact to turn the battle to their favor

Part 4 The search:
The party will race the sith for artifact

Part 5 the final incounter
Fight the evil sith lord.

This is the main line, but would like incorporate the exchange or something like that in to the story, and ofcause have your feedback on the campaign layout.

prufock
2012-05-03, 07:33 AM
Not much criticism I can offer, but it sounds like a fun campaign.

(I was a little confused about this post for a while, until I realized "reviling" should be "revealing." I mean, of course they revile the evil, it's evil!)

eulmanis12
2012-05-03, 12:13 PM
Heres an idea for a segment

Chapter Four (for reasons that nobody will understand for a while)
So part of the party starts on a ship, it gets boarded, they escape down to a planet, where they meet another member of the party, and a crazy old mentor figure, then hire the remaining members of the party to help deliver important information to another planet. En route they find an enemy base, mount a rescue mission for a prisoner they accidentaly find out is important, then escape after the crazy mentor gets killed. They can't deliver the info to the planet they orrigionaly intended to so they find the headquarters of the organization that needs the information, go there, deliver it, then help attack the enemy base. The Base Explodes.
:smallbiggrin:

lt_murgen
2012-05-03, 01:01 PM
A couple of notes:

1] In episode 1, I assume you mean Sith, not Seperatists. KOTOR is about 3800 years before the Clone Wars. The war with the mandalorians happened before KOTOR.

2] Wookieepeda should always be your best friend.

3] Given the history as written, it is unlikely that a Sith would risk exposure after what happened during the Exar Kun wars, and what the Jedi did to Ulic Qel-Droma. Not saying one cannot be involved, but it would be more in line with the universe to have the Mandalorians working for a "wealthy benefactor" until the very very end when the SIth would have no choice but to enter the conflict directly and reveal his/her/itself or lose the artifact.

4] Remember that Sith Alchemy was at its zenith in the years before this.