PDA

View Full Version : Custom Golems Help

The Overlord
2012-05-03, 03:43 PM
Hey there,
I have a character working on crafting custom built golems and I had a few questions about that.
First of all; my golems would need skills & feats. So probably an intelligence score is required. The best way I found was the feat in Dragon magasine #327 on page 73 that allowed Me to give my construct an int score equal to half my caster level.

What would be the best way according to You?

Second of all; how do You add a custom ability ? For example; the feat in "Sharn City of Towers" on page 157 doubles the fly speed of my golems and improved their maneuverability by one. Thus I would really like giving my golems a fly speed. Maybe simply by adding "Fly" as one of the spells needed to craft it, but then what determines the price & XP needed to craft it? Is there any change?

How do You adjust the cost of a golem when You add abilities to it?

Emperor Tippy
2012-05-03, 04:12 PM
Rudimentary Intelligence (costs a mere 8,000 GP to add it to a golem you craft) is the best way to get intelligent golems and should be added to every golem you craft.

As for the fly speed issue, use the Shadesteel Golem (MM3) as your base and work from that; it has a fly speed already.

Do some re-fluffing and tweaking to get what you want and then get your DM to approve.

The Overlord
2012-05-03, 04:29 PM
I'm already working from another base, so unless I fuse the two golems, I can't get two far from that.

And where did You see this Rudimentary Intelligence thing ?

Heatwizard
2012-05-03, 04:35 PM
Rudimentary Intelligence (costs a mere 8,000 GP to add it to a golem you craft) is the best way to get intelligent golems and should be added to every golem you craft.

Do note that this is from Dragon Magazine. (#327, to be exact)

Emperor Tippy
2012-05-03, 04:37 PM
Dragon #327. Pay 8K gold when crafting the golem and it gains a bonus feat that gives it an Int score equal to half your CL.

The Overlord
2012-05-03, 06:19 PM
Ain't that the feat I JUST mentioned in my example?
And ain't I the one that have the feat thus giving ˝CL in Int to my Constructs?