PDA

View Full Version : City of Dragons - Robin Hobb (possible spoilers)

Kaun
2012-05-03, 10:21 PM
I didn't see a thread for this but its possible that i missed so if i did i am sorry.

So i finished reading City of Dragons (http://www.harpercollins.com.au/books/City-Dragons-Robin-Hobb/?isbn=9780007273805) yesterday and realized that nothing happened in the book, well nothing major anyway.

It seems like it was just a lead up to the next trilogy which is kind of annoying as the previous trilogies have been able to stand alone as well as become part of the greater story.

I have enjoyed the rest of the series and i liked the first two books for this trilogy but i struggled through this one and found myself wondering if i would bother with the next (knowing myself i probably will).

Anyway i was interested to hear thoughts from anybody else who had read the book.

Adumbration
2012-05-04, 12:55 PM
Huh, to be frank I didn't know it had come out - or that there was a third book. I'll have to pick it up.

Kaun
2012-05-04, 10:03 PM
Yeah she seems to like doing the trilogy thing but having them all part of the same over arching story.

I was looking around and apparently she is doing a 4th book for this series called "blood of dragons" which is scheduled for 2013.

I all so noticed that so far this set of books is the first not to have the fool in it unless i missed him/her/it.

Eldan
2012-05-08, 06:42 PM
Well, I haven't started the second dragon trilogy yet, since I was waiting for all three to come out. Guess I'll wait a bit longer, then.

pita
2012-05-11, 04:50 PM
I all so noticed that so far this set of books is the first not to have the fool in it unless i missed him/her/it.

Wasn't that Heeby?

Kaun
2012-05-13, 02:19 AM
what, when did i miss that and how?