PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Cleric Suggestions

Hylas
2012-05-03, 11:22 PM
I may be playing a Tengu cleric of Desna soon. My basic concept is a cleric who has traveled very far, loves gambling, and generally does buffing/battlefield control in combat (with throwing a starkinfe every once and a while when I get one with the returning property). Spells I can generally figure out as I go, but when it comes to feats I'm at a loss. Most of my experience is getting feats for martial classes so I don't know what to get for a caster, let alone a support caster.

I know about guided hand, but my Dex should be good enough that I shouldn't need it, and I'd like to avoid focusing on my own attack rolls.

Anyone have any suggestions?

deuxhero
2012-05-04, 12:20 AM
Had a post and lost it due to a server fit

Anyways...

Extend Spell is great for buffs.

Craft Wondrous Item+Craft Magic Arms And Armor are great for support and nearly double your parties WBL (you still pay for mundane items, rods, wands and rings, but they are comparatively minor).

Improved Initiative is good for almost everyone and helps you get buffs off early

Preferred Spell can theoretically be used to use a domain spell more than once a day.

Boon Companion would be good if you picked Feather sub-domain, but Desna doesn't have it (she does want it though), so I doubt you did.

As for items, I can't recommend wands of Cure Light Wounds and Lesser Restoration (Paladin list) enough.

Hylas
2012-05-04, 01:12 AM
Awesome, thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to see how the party fleshes out and what the pacing for the adventure is like before I start crafting, but little trinkets are always nice to have.

Unseenmal
2012-05-04, 08:35 AM
Since you are playing PF, don't forget that you get more feats which opens up more possibilities. 1 every other level..

Since you have that channel energy thing to heal allies/damage undead. It may be a good idea to grab Selective Channeling so in those dire circumstances when you need to heal in combat, you don't also heal enemies. It has saved my parties' skin a few times.

Also, you can't turn undead unless you pick up the feat Turn Undead. Your channel energy will only damage them without it

Just some things I ran into when I made my cleric for PF

grarrrg
2012-05-04, 10:47 AM
I'm just throwing this out here in case you haven't heard of it
Spherewalker PrC (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/s-z/spherewalker).
It's a "Desna-only" PrC, and it features full Casting (5/5), the abilities aren't stupendous, but they might be useful for you, give it a look.
If you decide it's something you like, then you know what feats to take the first few levels.

Hylas
2012-05-04, 11:50 AM
I'm just throwing this out here in case you haven't heard of it
Spherewalker PrC (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/s-z/spherewalker).
It's a "Desna-only" PrC, and it features full Casting (5/5), the abilities aren't stupendous, but they might be useful for you, give it a look.
If you decide it's something you like, then you know what feats to take the first few levels.

Nice! That's the kind of flavor I was looking for. Thanks a bunch!

Corlindale
2012-05-04, 02:21 PM
Persistent Spell is pretty nice if you plan on using any offensive spells with saves.

Reach Spell can be very nice for a buffer/healer, it let's you turn touch range spells to close range spells. Also good for offensive touch spells (bestow curse and such), which you can turn into ranged touch attacks instead of melee touch attacks, which will let you put that high dex to use.

I don't know if you've picked domains yet, but Luck ( maybe Fates subdomain, for the very nice Borrow Fortune spell, which is normally exclusive to oracles) and Liberation are very nice and thematic picks.