PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]Warbeast War Mastiff

Joe Eskimo
2012-05-04, 03:01 AM
I need help in making a war dog like the Romans used to have. I was thinking of making a warbeast war mastiff. War Mastiff can be found on Heroes of Battle and the Warbeast template on MMII. My questions follows:

1. Can I apply the warbeast template on a war mastiff? Or does it already have a separate "war" template like the ones on a warhorse or a riding dog.
2. Can I teach it a different set of tricks? I kind of remember reading somewhere that it gets the combat riding trick set once you apply the warbeast template. I'm not sure though. I don't plan on riding it. I'll just use it as a fighting dog and I need the appropriate tricks for the task.

I'm planning on having 6 of them. 3 leashed to each hand. I'm making a dogkeeper. I'm probably going to take a level of ranger with for handle animal and taking the able learner feat for a 1:1 skill point buy.

Joe Eskimo
2012-05-04, 03:06 AM
please delete my duplicate posts. the internal server error got me posting my thread 3 times.

Gwendol
2012-05-04, 03:54 AM
1 No, you can't apply the warbeast template on a creature already reared/trained for war

2 Tricks can be taught to animals as normally per the rules.

Teach an Animal a Trick
You can teach an animal a specific trick with one week of work and a successful Handle Animal check against the indicated DC. An animal with an Intelligence score of 1 can learn a maximum of three tricks, while an animal with an Intelligence score of 2 can learn a maximum of six tricks. Possible tricks (and their associated DCs) include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following.

gorfnab
2012-05-04, 04:00 AM
You could add the Magebred (Eberron Campaign Setting) template to the War Mastiff.