PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Magic items help

Ketiara
2012-05-04, 05:24 AM
Dear Playground
Ive been browning this forum for a little while and see that you guys are a helpfull bunch! Im pretty new to D&D but love looking around for diffrent new ways to play the game or advance in it.

My DM asked me what magic items I wanted for my crusader (lvl6 currently), he is lockdown/glaive user and will be dipped in a bit of warblade :smallwink:
So as far as magic items go it doesnt have to be items I can affort now but also items I could aim for in the long run.
As far as books theres no limitations as long as they are 3.5 official books, so obviously it can be a bit overwhelming to find all the good stuff thats been hidden away in the diffrent campain books etc.

I personally prefer utility over flat stats as it makes for difference in gameplay.

So I guess what im asking - do you guys have some items that you cant live without or always get for your characters (batman utility belt is wasted on me) or you would get if you were a crusader?

If you have some ideas for me please let me know, and be kind to let me know where to find them. Im not good at the book abbreviations so unless its sc, phb, mm please write the books name.

Many thanks in advance!

Edit: since im the only one in my groupe that actually spend time browsing books/forums I thought it might be worth it to help out my party members aswell. The groupe has a rogue a bard a wizard and a ranger, so if you could give me some advice on gear for them, I would love to be able to passe it on to them, and im sure they will appreciate it alot!

Aeryr
2012-05-04, 07:15 AM
Well since it is for a whole party I suggest to check two threads that are always really helpful when selecting equipment.

Shax's Indispensable Haversack (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148101) and the list of necessary magic items (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187851).

Maybe you don't need a full haversack, maybe you just don't want to use some of its cheesiest items but it's a good start point to get equipment for a whole party. The list of necessary magic items is also a great font of ideas.

I hope it helps, haven't ever played a crusader so I might not be able to provide specific advice on that regard, sorry. :smallredface:

Gwendol
2012-05-04, 07:36 AM
For your lockdown build I can strongly recommend the Bracers of Opportunity! +2 on the AoO attack roll (always) and 2 extra AoO per day. You can also add on the greatreach bracers effect (for a price) later on, which will synergize nicely.

Ketiara
2012-05-04, 10:09 AM
For your lockdown build I can strongly recommend the Bracers of Opportunity! +2 on the AoO attack roll (always) and 2 extra AoO per day. You can also add on the greatreach bracers effect (for a price) later on, which will synergize nicely.

Thanks alot for the replys!!

@Gwendol Where do I find the greatreach enchantment?

@aeryr thanks for the links think I should be able to find some nice ehcnantments there.

Any ideas for weapon enchantments?

prufock
2012-05-04, 10:43 AM
For a lockdown build a Sweeping (+2 trip) weapon might be useful. Price mod +1. Also, Arms and Equipment guide has a Grasping enchantment that gives +2 to trips AND disarms, which is a steal at a +2 mod, considering the Disarming weapon is the same price and only grants the bonus to disarming (though it also makes you unable to be disarmed yourself - just get a locking gauntlet). Potions of Enlarge Person are also your friend.

However, on a more general level, there are a few items I like to have in my inventory when I can afford them.
- Sovereign Glue. So many good uses. You'll need Salve of Slipperiness to make the most of it.
- Handy Haversack, naturally, for storing your loot.
- Feather Token: tree.
- Hand of the Mage. Not so much use on a melee-oriented character though.
- Bottle of Air.
- Decanter of Endless Water.
- Rings of Communication for the party.
- Rope of Entanglement.
They're all relatively cheap items that have a lot of flexibility or necessary uses.

ninjamaster1991
2013-03-29, 12:49 PM
Well, there's:

Decanter of Endless Water
Shapesand(100gp/lb, you can turn it into any item with a flat wisdom check)
Rod of Ropes
Belt of Many Pockets

and other very useful things.