PDA

View Full Version : Vest of Legends Oddity

prufock
2012-05-04, 07:08 AM
I was just looking through the DMG2 at the Vest of Legends for a bard that I'll be playing in the next campaign I'll be in. My DM is imposing some pretty strict source limits, with everything else being available only by request and review. Vest of Legends is a go, but may be difficult to find on market. So I was considering taking Craft Wondrous Item and making my own.

That's when I saw "(for pair)" listed under the creation requirements. Am I missing something here? Are these for some reason crafted in pairs? Is the base price, then, the price for two of them? Maybe this is simply an error, but as far as I know there was no errata for it.

Kansaschaser
2012-05-04, 07:41 AM
That's interesting. I've never noticed that "for pair" before and I've used the Vest of Legends on more than one of my characters. They are not made in pairs. The only magic item in the DMG2 that is made in pairs is the Bracelets of Spell Sharing.

In my opinion, I think it's a typo. If your DM says it's not a typo, then I would make two of them and sell the other to make extra cash.

In fact, now that you pointed that out, I might make a couple "pairs" myself to make some extra money on my other characters. My DM is of the "RAW" school.

prufock
2012-05-04, 07:56 AM
That was my assumption, because I don't see why a vest would be crafted in pairs and it doesn't mention "pair" anywhere else in the description. Too bad there was no errata for this book.