PDA

View Full Version : Princess Celestia's Birthday Bash (A Ponified Maid RPG Adventure)

Soapy
2012-05-04, 09:27 AM
Basic Rules and introduction to the scenario (PLAYERS READ THIS PLEASE)

This is a slight modification of the sample scenario "Happy Birthday!" found in the Maid RPG rulebook. We'll be going through one week of preparation for Princess Celestia's Birthday celebrations. Each day's work is randomly generated by rolling on the scenario's "Work Table".

In addition to the tasking generated by the table, each Maid can try their hand at practicing making a cake, or they can prepare a present. Both of these are very important.

With baking practice, each maid can gain positive and negative modifiers, by developing strategies based around their attributes. (So for instance, if you decided to try and practice drawing Celestia's face in the cake frosting, that would be based off of your skill attributes, and if you did it well enough, you'd gain a +1 modifier.)

At the end of the week, all of the maids will combine the positive and negative modifiers they've accumulated, and then, each maid will roll with their highest attribute (at least one maid must use will) the final score added up is how well the cake was.

As well as a cake, each made is expected to get Princess Celestia a present. Each day, the maid either prepare a handmade (hoofmade) gift. Each day, maids will gain a positive or negative modifier based around the preperation of their gift. At the party, each maid will present their gift, and see how the Princess reacts to it.

While the cake is a group effort, the presents are not. So if your maid caught wind of somepony else making a perfect gift, you may try to sabotage their efforts. But beware, if you fail, you just might end up inadvertantly helping them!

Also, there will be no more time for preperations on the day of the party, so your maids will have to use their week wisely.

The first day will begin with all the maids having dinner with Princess Celestia, or to be more exact, serving Princess Celestia before going to another table.

Okay, that should be enough rules.

Introduction

Once upon a time, in the magical land of Equestria, everypony in every town in the entire land was preparing for Princess Celestia's birthday party. And as each town prepared for the Princess's birthday, the maid staff at the castle also prepared their private party with the Princess.

All of the maids at Canterlot Castle loved their princess. Although she was almost always busy, especially on the week of her birthday, the maids knew that no matter how tired she was after all the celebrations, she would always take the time to have a little party with her maids.

We begin our story in the castle's main dining room, where the maids are about to serve Princess Celestia her dinner.

So to begin, everyone should roleplay serving the Princess's Dinner, then one maid should serve the other maids dinner. Everypony should be on their best behavior!

Benson
2012-05-04, 11:49 AM
The earth pony maid had a well, early jump start to her day, she carried with her a small tray with the Princess' favorite morning tea, balancing it on her back.

Using Athletics to see if she doesn't accidentally drop the tray and keep her balance

[roll0]

*basic info*
Jump Start

Athletics: 3
Affection: 1
Skill: 2
Cunning: 2
Luck: 2
Will: 2

Favor: 2
Spirit: 20/20

Maid Types: Boyish/Heroine

Uniform Color: Gold
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Red

Special Qualities: Over active imagination, Collar
Favored Attribute: Athletics
Maid Power: Weapon from nowhere
Maid Roots: Illegitimate Child
Maid Weapon: Book
Stress Explosion: Run Away

Soapy
2012-05-04, 12:32 PM
With a jaunty little leap, Jump Start expertly places Princess Celestia's Tea before her, with not a single drop spilled.

"Very impressive Jump Start!" Princess Celestia says, impressed with Jump Start's performance.

Jump Start gains 4 favor from her little show for the Princess!

Benson, I find it interesting you used Athletics. But that sort of action would probably be covered by the Skill Atribute.

GFawkes
2012-05-04, 02:40 PM
Silk Weaver moved carefully to bring out the Princess's starter meal: a soup that had been prepared with rice floating in a broth made from carrots, celery, and a small touch of apple. It would have been easier if she could have used her spider form, but that tended to upset people for some reason. She couldn't see why, her venom wasn't even lethal, just paralyzing.

Approaching the Princess, the earth pony carefully lowers her head and nudges the bowl onto the table. Her hair seems to help in this by stretching around the ceramic. However, it's hair and can't do much.

Athletics to not spill:
[roll0]

And in preparation for the worst, how will Stress Explosions be handled?

Also, will we get an OOC thread?

Finally, here's the quick overview of Silk Weaver:
Silk Weaver

Athletics: 2
Skill: 1
Cunning: 4
Will: 0

Favor: 2
Spirit: 0

Maid Types: Sexy/Sexy

Uniform/Body: Purple
Mane/Tail: Grey
Eyes: Sky Blue

Special Qualities: Neat Freak, Membership (Cult), Hairstyle (Antenna Hair), Shapeshifter (Spider), Tragic Love (Killed your Lover)
Favored Attribute: Cunning
Maid Power: Mockery
Maid Roots: Who Knows?
Maid Weapon: Bazooka
Stress Explosion: Seclusion

And because I'm an over achiever:
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j341/GFawkes1605/Ponies/SilkWeaver.png

Soapy
2012-05-04, 02:53 PM
"Thank you very much Silk Weaver, it looks wonderful!"

Princess Celestia's horn glows as she uses her magic to guide a spoonful of the soup into her mouth.

Silk Weaver gains 2 points of favor!

As for stress explosions, I think that a system where you just RP the stress explosion for a reasonable number of posts. Everyone, please tell me what you think in the OOC thread!

OOC Thread:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13175541#post13175541

Also: Everypony, Athletics is not everything! Maid Duties are part of the Skill atribute!

Emperor Ing
2012-05-04, 03:18 PM
Meanwhile, elseware, a pencil is levitated in midair by a sparkling cloak of yellow magic that threatens to consume the pencil in sheer energy. Despite this it is moved across the paper in an elliptical motion to complete the drawing of another layer of what appears to be a diagram of what might be a cake, however made in a rather strange way. No supports are drawn as if each layer is to levitate, and smaller, traditional cylindrical cake layers seem to be hovering in a circle around the cake. The top is an ornamental spire which is a common sight in the Canterlot skyline, and detailing on the cake seems to be rather...hysterical if not outright impossible to be feasibly created. For example a drawing of a the sun and its rays appears in the middle of the cake.

Between one of the layers, the drawing begins on a replica of Princess Celestia's head, but the pencil is quickly turned backwards, and the eraser sent to remove the addition.
No no no, that's just creepy. Why would anypony want to eat the Princess'...or anypony's head? The brown mare controlling the pencile mutters to herself.
And behind the sun? No, that's silly. As it the sun could move on its own.

After reviewing it a third time and making minor adjustments to her own satisfaction Solar Wind begins the work of drawing out lines that begin with notes explaining how certain aspects of the diagram could be created. However, how much of it is realistic and how much is just explaining how "awesome" they would be may be variable.

Only afterwards does Solar realize that she may be thinking too far in advance.

Skill check to draw a diagram for the cake
[roll0]

Char sheet

Athletics: 4
Affection: 2
Skill: 3
Cunning: 1

Favor: 4
Stress: 20/20

Uniform: Beige
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown

Qualities: Antenna Hair, Armor, Bondage, Black Leather Gloves

Power: Ultimate Retort
Roots: Orphan
Weapon: Revolver (Or Unicorn Laser)
Explosion: Teasing

Regalus
2012-05-04, 06:54 PM
Petal Dancer slowly entered the room with a fine leather satchel, and walked carefully trotted to the princess' side. After which she opened her satchel revealing a glistening silver pitcher surrounded by ice. She gently pulled out of the satchel and unto the table; and opened it, causing a light float out of it as a rich and sweet fruity aroma filled the air. She then pulled a out a fine glass cup, and delicately pored the the soft golden drink unto the chalice, and stepped away with a court bow.

"I hope it is to you're liking my lady" she said in the most elegant tone possible. Young Petal dancer was determined to make her way through her punishment as swiftly as possible, and was sure that this drink would be her first step to freedom.

Skill Check: [roll0] X2= 6

Soapy
2012-05-04, 07:05 PM
Cake Designing.

"Thank you very much Petal Dancer. This should go lovely with the soup."

Petal Dancer gets 2 Points of favor! Solar Wind gets a +1 Bonus for working on a cake design! (It can't go higher than +1 per day, sorry!)

Benson
2012-05-04, 09:06 PM
With a jaunty little leap, Jump Start expertly places Princess Celestia's Tea before her, with not a single drop spilled.

"Very impressive Jump Start!" Princess Celestia says, impressed with Jump Start's performance.

Jump Start gains 4 favor from her little show for the Princess!

Benson, I find it interesting you used Athletics. But that sort of action would probably be covered by the Skill Atribute.

Jump Start sheepishly smiled, her cheeks flushing red from the praise. She bowed her head. "T-thank your majesty, I hope you enjoy your tea."

Regalus
2012-05-04, 10:44 PM
"I'm sure it will my lady,", she said with a pleased smile. "If there's anything else you need or want Lady Celestia please let me know. After a long day dealing with the court I'm sure you could use a good rest."

I think this is appropriate; if not let me know and I'll remove the roll.
Affection Check:[roll0] x 2 = 2, :/ well that wasn't as high as I'd hoped.

Emperor Ing
2012-05-05, 02:29 AM
The pencil is mercifully released from Solar's magic as she takes a second look at the diagram. Several aspect of it she found surprising and almost ingenious. The primary problem with traditional multi-tiered cakes is the lower tiers are almost inedible as they must be so dense to support so much weight. However she came to a new problem: The recipes looked good, traditional yellow cake marbled with a sweetened cream, though the question remained whether or not there was a way to support the structure of the cake without continuous support from a unicorn. And even worse, the cake will appear far more impressive if it didn't have a visible magical aura.

Due to her own limitations on magic, Solar leaves the paper there for now, going to look for some of the other maids.

Soapy
2012-05-09, 10:26 AM
RANDOM EVENT TO GET THIS TRAIN WRECK A ROLLIN': SOLAR WIND, FOR REASONS UNKNOWN, MANAGES TO FAIL TO PREPARE FOOD. NO ONE WILL EAT HER COOKING, AND SHE TAKES 5 STRESS.

Benson
2012-05-09, 03:17 PM
(You should probably attend to Regalus's post)

Alas, such an event has not effect on Jump Start who is currently in the presence of the princess. So uh, yea.

"Is there anything else I could get your highness?" The silly filly asked a little too enthusiastically.

Soapy
2012-05-09, 03:23 PM
"Well Petal Dancer, I am still waiting on dessert, and I'd prefer if Solar Wind got it to me as soon as possible." Princess Celestia said, with a sudden impatience.

Emperor Ing
2012-05-09, 06:38 PM
Solar looked at the drawing one last time, can't help but thinking she's forgetting something. She might like the cake, Princess Celestia might...Oh crap.
In what can only be described as full panic mode, Solar makes a beeline for the kitchen, even more distressed that nopony was there. Moving provisions around in a flurry of magic, she tries everything in her power to cobble some delicious dessert item that is simultaneously quick to make and fit for a princess. Needless to say in her haste Solar is terrified of making mistakes which will end up in a sloppy dessert item or presentation.
Regardless, as soon as it is to what she hastily judges to be royalty standards, she makes for the dining room, moving at a slightly less hasty pace if only to cool down and collect her nerves. Regardless she comes in doing everything she can to not look absolutely horrified.
Anypony who knows Solar's style will note the almost total absense of her signature overpresentation when serving her dishes. Rather right now she looks like she's barely able to keep conscious.

Skill check to create the dessert
[roll0]

Soapy
2012-05-09, 07:02 PM
Princess Celestia takes a long look at the dessert that is laid out before her. From her face, every pony around can see that it's the same look one has when one happens upon a rather large insect in one's sockdrawer.

"That's... certainly a dessert, Solar." Princess Celestia says, in a tone of voice more suited for a funeral.

GFawkes
2012-05-09, 08:11 PM
"Looks like a new recipe, Solar. How's this for a name: Creme de Bland. I hear it goes great with a side of erruer." Silk Weaver says to Solar Flare in a vaguely condescending voice, enough to get the message across, but also attempting to hide it from the Princess.

Really sorry about this, but I'm attempting use of my Maid Power: Mockery.

When someone is taking Stress points, you can mock them and cause them to gain an additional 2 Stress points. (This must be roleplayed).

And here's a Cunning roll to not get rebuked by Celestia, or at least not get sent to the moon.
[roll0]

Regalus
2012-05-09, 08:36 PM
"Indeed. Whatever were you thinking bringing that to the princesses table. I apologize for this on behalf of the staff Princess; I'm sure Solar Wind will have no trouble bringing you a proper dessert," she said in a some what overly formal tone, Petal Dancer was really getting into her new role.

Cunning Attack on SOlar Wind: [roll0]x3=9
+2 stress thanks to the mockery maid power.

Emperor Ing
2012-05-09, 10:43 PM
Please, don't be so judgmental of an experimental recipe you have never had the pleasure of tasting before. Solar attempts to use some cloak of bravado to conceal her seriously contemplating jumping out the window. She mentally prays to some sort of diety superior to the Royal Sisters that it isn't nearly as bad as it looks, and/or Celestia dismisses them as soon as possible.

Soapy
2012-05-10, 08:33 AM
"Well...I... I...um..."Princess Celestia stammers, an unusually nervous look on her face. "Er...well...ah.."

Suddenly, Celestia's head snaps up."Oh my, was that Luna calling for me?"

Of course, this sudden claim is countered by the fact that Princess Luna has been away on royal buisness on the other side of Equestria...For the past week.

Benson
2012-05-10, 12:11 PM
Jump Start sported a confused expression, and she felt a bit sorry for Solar Flare, could the dessert be that bad? And then the princess did her thing.

"But uh...I...your majesty, Princess Luna hasn't returned from her royal business outside of the kingdom," She said with her perma blush she had whenever she was around Celestia.

Emperor Ing
2012-05-10, 12:26 PM
Solar started to feel uncomfortable at that very poor attempt at an excuse, though for different reasons. The more she thought about it the better the concoction she made probably would taste. Though from her vantage point she began to worry about the appearance. Did it really look so bad that Celestia would need to make excuses just to avoid tasting it?
Regardless, she's desperate for some act of redemption for this compounding sense of utter failure, so she decides to play along.
No, I think I heard Princess Luna's voice too.

Soapy
2012-05-10, 01:30 PM
"Oh dear, it must be something extremly important. I'd better see to it immediatly!" Princess Celestia said with a look of relief on her face. "Anyway, if you'll all excuse me. Thank you all for the lovely dinner, I'm sure you all worked very hard on it!"She says, before quickly vacating the dining room.

Jump Start, Petal Dancer, Silk Weaver all gain two additional favour. Solar Wind gains no favour. (sorry!) Do the rest of you wish to roleplay this part a bit further, maybe roleplay preparing a present, or should we just jump to the next day's work?

GFawkes
2012-05-10, 01:40 PM
After the princess leaves, Silk Weaver heads to her quarters, and shifts to her spider form. Using her hind legs to control the thread she produces, she begins work on a gift for the princess's birthday next week.

Skill roll to weave the thread: [roll0]

Soapy
2012-05-10, 01:45 PM
Silk Weaver's attempt to begin work on a present on the princess is coming along, slowly, but she'll find that there's probably more that she could do...

Silk Weaver gets a +1 bonus!

Regalus
2012-05-10, 02:23 PM
After the princess rushes out Petal Dancer approuches Solar Wind"Solar Wind, you do know there's nothing wrong with asking for help right? If you needed an extra hoof in their, you could've asked. We are all here to help the princess after all," she says with a smile before trotting off to parts unknown.

Emperor Ing
2012-05-10, 02:42 PM
Agh! No no no! Solar replies to Petal in clear frustration that she doesn't even attempt to hide. Oh, i'm sorry you were already out here by the time I realized it was dinnertime, and i'm especially sorry if my ability to call for help from across half a palace isn't to your liking, but I was rushed, okay?! This was the best I could do in five minutes, and I wouldn't blame Her if I get a one-way mandatory trip to the sun after my spectacular failure. Stupid stupid STUPID!! The last statement is emphasized by Solar literally beating her head against a wall.

Benson
2012-05-10, 03:36 PM
'Oh come Solar...its not all that bad...right?" She furrowed her brows and looked at her fellow maid. Jump Start then had an idea.

"Hey check this out...!" The dopey maid then tried to do a hoof stand thinking it would make Solar Wind feel better.

Athletics Check to do a hoof stand: [roll0]

Regalus
2012-05-10, 04:10 PM
(RETCON NO JUTSU: This should be happening before Petal leaves, no way she'd walk away from that)

"WhoaWhoaWhoaWhoaWhoa!!!!!," she exclaims pulling Solar Wind away from the wall, and placing herself between the two. "It's okay," she said hugging the unicorn as best she could, as she slipped out of her role. "No one's being sent to the moon, you know Celes would never do anything like that to us; she's too good." she said in a comforting voice, her tone and demeanor completely and noticeably different from what they were a minute ago.

"No one's perfect remember that. I know there's a lot of stress going around because of Celestia's birthday being just around the cornor; but you can't let it get to you dear, otherwise you'll burst." she paused for a moment. "How about we clean this place up, and have something to drink and cupcakes" she offered cheerfully. "You're welcome to join us too Jump Start," she added; after that performance how couldn't she.

Affection ROll: [roll0]
Okay, 128/32=4. That means I rolled a 4. I multiply this by my affection (2). Meaning I got an 8 on my roll.

Emperor Ing
2012-05-10, 09:16 PM
Although she does prove to be tougher to move than what Petal may have expected, she is eventually moved. Although judging by her bemused expression, Solar might try beating her head against the wall an additional time especially now that Petal is there.
Look at you! Acting like you care, trying to act like I don't have any sort of memory longer than one minute, you're not fooling anypony. I do recall you were all too eager to buck me under the train just a minute ago. As if the staff at each other's throats "helps the princesses" in any way. She pauses. Although the two are face-to-face, Solar doesn't seem to be looking at anypony in particular.
So why am I so driven to come at your throat? why should I blame you for my failures?

Regalus
2012-05-10, 11:17 PM
The spelling errors in her speech are intentional

Petal Dancer bit her lip for a moment and looked away in dismay; not because she felt guilty, though she did feel a bit guilty, but to stop herself from blurting out her first response. How could she possibly explain that she was just playing around earlier without making everything ever worse forever?Celestia was right. I really do need to learn more about how to treat a pony, she thought to herself before sighing.

"Because I'm a stupid little insensitive filly who can't think more than a few minutes ahead, I insulted you when you were down for ... no good reason, and I made everything worse forever. I mean I coulda said it was my fault, or found away to help you make it better, or or anything else would've been a bajillion times better than what I did back there!" she said before lowering her head to the mare and letting her ears fold down. "What I did was horrible and bad, and wrong; and the only reason why the Element of Kindness didn't turn me into stone right then and there was because then it would be a hypocrite and that would just be wrong!" she exclaimed with a stomp before pausing, managing to stop herself from derailing her own speech.

"But you shouldn't hurt yourself because I did something stupid, mean spirited and foalish back there. If there's anypony you should be hurting it's me not you." she said shamefully. "And if that's what it takes and you wanna do then...let's clean this place up and you can take it out on me afterward. I won't fight back, won't hold it against you neither, won't tell as soul, mum's the word. My lips will be sealed tighter than Celestia's personal vault. I'll do, or let you do whatever it takes! Just, just don't hurt yourself because of something I did... please." she said trying to apologize as best she could, which to be honest, may not have been as good as she thought it was.

Emperor Ing
2012-05-11, 03:50 PM
Solar looks mildly indignant at nothing in particular, her eyes darting from Petal to the ground in thought. A few seconds that seem to go on forever later, Solar focuses on Pedal with a strange wry expression. Why wait? Petal is attacked by the brown unicorn who brings her legs around the other pony's shoulders in a sudden hug.

Regalus
2012-05-11, 04:18 PM
"'Cause we might break something, and that would baaaa.." she trailed off as the brown pony attacked her. It took a great deal of mental effort to stop herself from calling a swarm of pyre flies on the attacking pony, or bite her her face off really; doing her best to only put up as little resistance necessary to reduce the risk of serious injury, hopefully. Remember Petal Dancer you, UrK, screwed up, and you're trying to make up for it; that's what heroes and good ponies do, she thought to herself before releasing a sudden groan. But does she have to squeeze so hard,.

Truly the Element of Kindness weeped on this night.

Emperor Ing
2012-05-11, 05:01 PM
It's not an actual attack so much as a sudden hug. After a moment Solar backs off, trying poorly to hide a smile. Just help me clean up. Her expression then flattens. And there's no way it tastes THAT bad... Just in curiosity Solar goes over to examine her attempt at a dessert before taste-testing it.

Regalus
2012-05-11, 05:27 PM
Petal opened her eyes and blinked in surprise; she hadn't expected that to happen. She then jerked her head a bit to the side, before meeting Solar's smile and wagging her pony tail in joy. "Alright!!!" she exclaimed happily as she started picking up around the table; maybe, just maybe, she didn't need a role to pull this off. It was something for her to think about; Last time I pick a role from a soap opera! It seemed so promising too, very lady like." she thought to herself as she pondered what other roles might be best for her to retire.

Though she came to an abrupt stop in her work clearing the table, when she noticed Solar about to try the meal.

"If you really wanna do that; I got some medicine that can help with food poisoning," she commented, hoping it wouldn't come to that.

Soapy
2012-05-14, 11:46 AM
Looking upon the dessert, Solar studies the apparent disaster she concocted. In her attempt to get a dessert prepared, she finds that the ice cream sundae she tried to prepare was lovingly drowned in tomato soup, and garnished with what appears to be carrots, and butterscotch.

As Solar takes a bite, she is suddenly overtaken by a sudden ill feeling.

Emperor Ing
2012-05-14, 09:42 PM
Upon sampling a portion of the abomination that calls itself a dessert, Solar's first reaction is to claim this: Well it's actually not that... she cuts herself off as the thing's real taste begins to despoil her taste buds and the antithesis of all things edible acquires followers and declares open rebellion against her stomach. This is before she realizes the rather demonic concoction's appearance.
Wait, yes. Yes it is. Oh no.
Solar then breaks into a gallop for the nearest bathroom.

Regalus
2012-05-15, 12:37 PM
Petal shakes head "Best give her some privacy before checking on her," he says before resuming her work. Solar would be out for a while so this was just up to her and Jump Start now.

Skill Check (Clean Up): [roll0]

Benson
2012-05-15, 06:30 PM
Jump Start just glanced around sporting a big 'ol frown. Seeing her, fellow maids, who she did think of as friends, sad, was a bit stressful on her. She didn't like seeing her friends sad, it made her sad. Not even her awesome hoof stand was enough.

She looked at Petal and nodded her head up and down, her bottom lip quivering. She followed Petal's example to help clean up too.

Skill Check: Clean up [roll0]

Emperor Ing
2012-05-15, 06:32 PM
Athletics check to make the equivalent of a fortitude save

I'd like to resolve this before making a real post
[roll0]
Also would everyone be okay if I made 3d6 rolls instead of 1d6x3?

Soapy
2012-05-15, 09:51 PM
Petal Dancer and Jump Start manage to get the mess cleaned up by themselves, while Solar prays she can get through the night.

(Will Jump Start and Petal Dancer try to prepare a present or practice the cake, or shall we go onto the next days work?)

Regalus
2012-05-16, 09:18 AM
"Oh Jump Start, cheer up. Solar Wind and me just got off on the wrong hoof; but we've patched that up. You'll see that everything will b better tomorrow, and that's a promise," she said with a smile. "Well it's getting pretty late. Good night Jump Start." she said with a yawn before trotting away.

Once out of sight, Petal Dancer stealthily returned to her secret hidi-hole in the gardens; shifting to fox form once she had secured her location. She then called forth several of her summoned beasts there and began coordinating their performance. They had been practicing for this for quite sometime, though with the princess birthday just around the corner she had to make sure it was not only ready, but perfect.

Cunning Check: [roll0]

Soapy
2012-05-16, 10:07 AM
To Petal Dancer's joy, her performers are coming along swimingly!

Petal Dancer gets a +1 to her present preperations!

Benson
2012-05-16, 10:23 AM
Jump Start slumped her way back to her room, mentally tired and flopped on her bed. At the moment she didn't have any birthday gifts to prep, she still didn't know what she wanted to get the princess.

Emperor Ing
2012-05-18, 01:46 AM
After spending what has to be a half an hour performing unmentionable activities against her will in the bathroom, Solar finally manages the fortitude to actually keep the internal organs inside her body, though at great cost, which is paid in fatigue, and a sickening feeling.
What the hay? She just took a small bite. There is no way it could have been this bad, and the ingredients and procedure to her recollection should have been more than adequate to create something better than what has to be the kind of dish you poison somepony with.
Something feels very wrong about all of this beyond the Unicorn's insides.
She at least attempts to make it back to the dining room. She speaks to the two maids wearily.
I'm sorry girls but...I have to call it a night. Where did it all go wrong?
I'm not feeling that good, as you might expect. Sorry again, I can try to make it up to you tomorrow or something.
With that she goes to try and rest for the rest of the night.

GFawkes
2012-05-18, 03:05 PM
Satisfied with her work for now, Silk Weaver checks the time. Seeing that it's just about night, she shifts back to pony-form and heads to Celestia's room to help tuck her in for the night. And while she's there, might as well try to get a feel at how smooth her current nighttime garments are for reference.

By my understanding, that's Skill to tuck Celestia in, and Cunning to determine how soft the clothing is.

Skill: [roll0]

Cunning: [roll1]

Soapy
2012-05-18, 03:36 PM
After tucking Princess Celestia in for the night, and determining that the Princess enjoys extremly soft nightwear, Silk Weaver Presumably goes in for the night. And after a good night's sleep (for most involved) a new sun rises, and the Princess needs to be awakened. But the maid who wakes her will get a bit of a shock...

Silk Weaver Gets 4 favour, and a +1 to her gift preperation!

Emperor Ing
2012-05-18, 04:03 PM
Solar wakes up the next morning early, determined to at least make some sort of attempt to redeem herself from yesterday. Also to forget about the events of yesterday. Regardless, after determining the illness has passed, she goes to get prepared. Take a quick shower, brush her mane, convince her mane telepathically to stop doing a frighteningly accurate impression of Princess Celestia's mane, and using her magic to apply the rather startling amount of buckles and laces on her uniform.

After Solar determined herself ready to face a new day, she noticed she got up just as the sun was beginning to pull itself. If she recalled correctly, it moved up partially on its own accord, but very much required the intervention of the alicorn princess if it is to be seen. Knowing this, Solar makes her way to the Princess's quarters in an attempt to motivate her to rise for the day.

Soapy
2012-05-18, 04:10 PM
As Solar Wind aproaches Princess Celestia's bedroom, she is suddenly startled by a devistatingly powerful sneeze, one that has enough destructive force to knock every single painting in th adjacent hallway from the walls.

Emperor Ing
2012-05-18, 04:22 PM
Forget about any chance of looking normal. The sudden uber-sneeze causes her tail and mane to stick straight out, before settling into a wavy yet messy form as if being continuously buffeted by a strong wind. Similar to Celestia's continually moving mane except significantly messier and more erratic. She then starts mentally cursing herself briefly for thinking about spells that repair glass before thinking about the Princess' own well-being. Fighting against the fear of taking one of those sneezes full-force, she continues to the Princess' room, knocking before entering.
Your highness, are you all right?

Soapy
2012-05-18, 04:38 PM
"Oh, hello Solar Wind, I hope I didn't startle you, I've just been feeling a bit..."

Princess Celestia sneezes again, with enough force to send Solar Wind all the way to the other end of the castle.

"..under the weather at the... Solar? Where have you gone to?"

Princess Celestia has caughten a cold! The maid who gets the best affection roll for curing the Princess will recieve 2D6 favor! And Solar Wind takes 2 points of stress.

Emperor Ing
2012-05-18, 05:02 PM
In her daze and state of semi-consciousness Solar wonders how many walls she was just launched through. And wondering what unnatural materials and forces are in place that keep the door to the Princess' room intact. By the time she limps back to the invulnerable barrier between herself and what has to look like ground-zero of a tremendous explosion by now, she regains her composure, only to become rather aware of the bruises she took from the being launched.
I'm still here your highness. And holding onto something by her legs for dear life in anticipation of the next hurricane.
And i'm going to do everything in my power to make that cold regret even trying to make you feel anything less than one hundred percent. She summons some bravado in some attempt to make the princess feel better.
For now though, may I bring you something? Some soup, perhaps?

Athletics test in anticipation of the next sneeze to not get blasted away
[roll0]

Soapy
2012-05-18, 05:15 PM
"Some soup would be lovely Solar Wind." Princess Celestia moans, before unleashing yet another sneeze. Luckily, this time Solar is able to keep her footing, and surely by this time the other maids must be showing up to see what sort of carnage is unfolding.

Emperor Ing
2012-05-18, 05:41 PM
Soup coming right up. Solar says with a flourish before making her way back where she came, using her magic to take the paintings as she goes along, being very careful to place each painting in successive order on the top of the stack, and putting paintings on different sides of the hallway in a wholly separate stack.
Note to self: Top goes to the left, bottom to the right. She places them in a stack in her room for the purposes of storage until they are not in danger of being knocked down and/or damaged by the hurricane. At which point she plans to put them back.
She also begins to wonder how long until the other maids, and probably everypony else in the city, begin to notice that Canterlot sounds as though it's under attack. Though Solar is content to comply with the Princess' request, and goes into the kitchen to prepare a warm bowl of soup after closing the door to her room.
Also, she looks for a get-blasted-through-walls-by-tornado-force-winds-proof container to potentially store the soup in as it is transported, as well as a bowl.

Skill to prepare soup
[roll0]

Benson
2012-05-18, 06:02 PM
Jump Start woke up to the day with a spring to her step and smile on her face. After all, starting the day with a smile was a start to making a good day.

The silly filly of a maid put on her uniform, or rather she would have if she hadn't fallen asleep with it on. After smoothing it out she went out to carry her early morning duties.

Regalus
2012-05-18, 06:03 PM
After brisk early morning exercise Petal Dancer assumes her pony guise in preparation for the morning. She might've had a rocky start yesterday, but she had learned from her mistakes. As she trotted towards Celestia's room with a new found sense of confidence, she had no doubt everything would be alright; or atleast she did before she was suddenly struck by gale force wind and comicly flew half way across the Palace screaming her head off as she futily attempted to grab a hold of a solid foundation before crashing unto a pile of fallen Day Guards. After establishing that the source came from princess Celestia's room, she ducked into a nearby side way and managed to reach her chamber after her third sneeze.

Upon spotting Solar Wind Petal dancer carefully approached the pony, "Uhm, is everything alright?" she asked,her eyes scanning the room for the magical behemoth that most surely have been terrorizing the princess mear moments ago.

Emperor Ing
2012-05-18, 06:12 PM
Solar Wind looks like she was literally blasted by solar wind not too long ago. She appears to be covered in a few scratches and bruises and her mane and tail look as though the pony is being electrocuted as this very moment.
She flashes Pedal a sarcastic look before sighing silently.
It would appear that our dear princess, beloved by all, has come down with a rather...nasty cold. Everything should be alright, but I would avoid going near her chambers unless...well...just don't do it unless you're really careful.

Right now i'm just keeping these pictures from taking more damage than they already have. I'll put 'em back once the Princess gets better. Speaking of which, she requires soup.

Regalus
2012-05-19, 02:03 PM
Petal nodded, "I understand. You wouldn't believe what I had to do get here! I crashed into the day guard twice!" she exclaimed before sighing. "Lemme see if I can help you with the soup. The soonerr we help Cely get better the better," she said with nod before going to work. "Hope jump start makes it okay..." she began before facehoofing.

She then stopped walked to a window and whistled, within a few moments a friendly parrot arrived. "Go to Jump Start, tell her we need her and get her over here. If we're not here when you get back, bring her to Cely's; avoid the main halls by the way," he added before the bird flew off. "Now back to work,"

Skill Check to help Solar WInd with the Soup: [roll0]x2(her skill rating)=10

Benson
2012-05-19, 03:28 PM
Jump Start was pleasantly humming a familiar theme tune as she swept with the broom handle firmly in her mouth. It was then a colorful parrot appeared before her.

She opened her mouth in a pleasant gasp dropping the broom onto the floor with a twack.

"Ooh,....what a pretty birdie," She exclaimed in delight.

Regalus
2012-05-19, 04:21 PM
The parrot observed Jump Start quizzically, pruning its feathers before turning its attention back at Jump Start. "Petal Dancer and Solar Wind need help RAWRK" it spoke before pruning its feathers once more. "Follow me RAWRK", it said flying a bit further down the hall way, before landing on a table and turning its head at Jump Start. Staring straight at her as he awaited her to follow him.

Emperor Ing
2012-05-19, 04:31 PM
Yes, let's not keep the princess waiting any longer. Celly? Solar thought only Princess Luna called Celestia that. Out of curiosity how bad is my mane?
As mentioned before, she looks as if she's being electrocuted.

Benson
2012-05-19, 04:43 PM
The parrot observed Jump Start quizzically, pruning its feathers before turning its attention back at Jump Start. "Petal Dancer and Solar Wind need help RAWRK" it spoke before pruning its feathers once more. "Follow me RAWRK", it said flying a bit further down the hall way, before landing on a table and turning its head at Jump Start. Staring straight at her as he awaited her to follow him.

She galloped over, and followed the parrot. "Need help? They must be in trouble! I'll save them!" A worried expression washed over her face. She would follow the parrot until she reached the two.

Emperor Ing
2012-05-19, 05:22 PM
After a short bit of time it is more likely than not Jump Start is able to arrive at the pair, with Solar Wind looking like she's being zapped.
Ah! Perfect timing Jump! I need to know, how bad is my mane?

Benson
2012-05-19, 06:04 PM
"Ack...! What's wrong with your mane? You look like the Bride of Frankencolt...!" She gawked at Solar Wind with her mouth opened.

"Wait...what's going on? The pretty bird said you two were in trouble....but...where's the trouble? I came to rescue you two," Jump Start sported a confused innocent look on her face as she puffed her cheeks trying to figure out what was a' happening.

Emperor Ing
2012-05-19, 07:02 PM
Solar looks in mild surprise at Jump for the comparison, the image already in her mind. Wow, that bad? One second... Her horn lights up, sending her light brown mane ablaze with waves of energy that look almost too dangerous to be near, however it seems to bring the mass back to normal, albeit still somewhat frazzled and still tremoring slightly, though it's definitely passable.
Anyways, it's not really us. Princess Celestia has come down with a cold. So I don't think it's necessary to give the pep talk about how its our duty to make sure that our princess has the comfort and care necessary to help her buck this cold's flank so hard it sails around the world and hits her in the back of the head. Solar shrinks when she realizes that last part didn't come out as she intended.
Well...you know what I mean.
Solar then remembers that performing royal duties like holding court might be more difficult from the bedroom, and in lieu of Princess Luna's continued absense, this might be more difficult than Solar thought.
Right now she requires soup, and we've wasted enough time. On that note she starts to make her way to the kitchen, but suddenly stops to remind Jump about something.
Also, try to stay away from the hallways around the Princess' room if you can help it. And if you can find some tossed-around-by-hurricane-force-winds-proof container to store the soup in, that would be greatly appreciated.
She then goes to the kitchen to make the soup.

Skill check already made. Roll: 15

Benson
2012-05-20, 12:26 AM
Solar Wind talked way too much in one go, a lot of it went over Jump Start's head. She simply smiled and nodded her head every other word Solar Wind spoke.

The only thing that stood out for her was that the princess was sick and that made her frown and nod her head at every other word Solar Wind spoke.

And then Solar Wind skedaddled.

Jump Start looked over at Petal Dancer. "Do you know where I can find a hurricane-force-winds-proof container to store the soup in?"

Soapy
2012-05-20, 11:23 AM
As Solar and Petal Dancer prepare the soup for Princess Celestia, Jump Start hurridly tries to find a sturdy enough container. Hopefully, it's found soon, as Princess Celestia's sneezes are becoming more and more frequent, and violent, as evidenced by one of the towers crumbling. (Luckly, no one was hurt.)

GFawkes
2012-05-20, 12:58 PM
Hearing the tower crumble, Silk Weaver rushes over to the other maids. "Are we under attack?" she asks, still half asleep.

Emperor Ing
2012-05-20, 01:06 PM
No, but you'd think so. Princess Celestia has a cold. See if you can't find some medicine to alleviate those sneezes. Seriously, this whole castle is falling apart!
And yes, I did just say her sneezes are causing all this. Stay away from her room if you value your not being launched through walls.

Also, double-time everypony. This is going to be messy.
Solar continues on the soup, bracing herself for a particularly violent sneeze that might be felt from the kitchen.

Soapy
2012-05-21, 11:07 AM
As the maids work to prepare Princess Celestia's soup, they are interrupeted periodically by the hurricane force sneezes coming from Celestia's bedroom. Glancing out he window, one can on occasion see the guards flying past before being tossed the way they came with each sneeze. The maids had better cure Princess Celestia soon, before the entire castle is gone!

Emperor Ing
2012-05-21, 11:11 AM
Great. What are the history textbooks gonna say? That Canterlot was levelled because the princess had a cold?
Okay I got it! Did anypony find anything? I don't think we have a lot of time. Referring to a tossed-around-by-hurricane-force-winds-proof container.

Soapy
2012-05-21, 11:14 AM
Jump Start finds the container, hopefully a steel thermos has the structural capability to survive the journey!

GFawkes
2012-05-21, 12:07 PM
"I could throw some threads down as a tether. Might help us stay in place." Silk Weaver suggests.

Regalus
2012-05-21, 01:28 PM
Petal Dancer shook her head, "Didn't find a better container than Jump Start," she said before turning to Weaver and Solar. "Weaver think you could make a sleave or carrier for the container; something to cushion blows a bit, and make it easier to carry? Solar, need to know can you teleport, or whip up a a spell to stop soup from being accidentally spilled?," she asked curiously.

"I think the best way to do this is to avoid the castle halls all together; from her bed, that's where most of her sneezes are being aimed at. However, we might be able to deliver the soup safely if we enter through the balcony; it's on the other end of the room, so it shouldn't be under constant nasal assault. I can get us up there, but we'll still need to be able give her the soup without being blown away." she explained for a bit before pausing to let her plan sink in before turning to Jump Start.

"You are our best bet for this, between Weaver's tethers, Solar's magic,especially her telekinesis, and my companions we may be able to provide enough resistance for you to be able to give it to Cely safely; but it's gonna take all of us to make this work,"

Emperor Ing
2012-05-21, 01:37 PM
Erhm, teleportation is a much more difficult spell than you might think. Solar says awkwardly, the image of a huge explosion heralding her movement giving her a sense of mild amusement.
I can keep the thermos sealed, but in all honesty I trust my hooves more than I trust my horn. And I know I can hold my ground against those...winds.

If anypony is flying outside or around the princess' chambers they are going to get blown away. So far the castle walls appear to hold so in my opinion, moving against the wall opposite of the Princess' chambers in a continual brace against the tempest might be the safest option. Then when we are outside her chambers, wait for a...sneeze, then move in.

Benson
2012-05-21, 03:43 PM
So much talking at once, it was unnatural, Jump Start's brain couldn't keep up with all.

All that mattered was that it was up to her, or how she translated most of Petal Dancer's dialogue bomb. She put a hoof to her and donned a determined look.

"You can count on me," She sharply nodded.

GFawkes
2012-05-21, 03:50 PM
Silk Weaver begins making thick threads for the group, and some padding for the thermos.

"Hey, what if I put up a web outside the door? That way we'd have a safety net of sorts to catch ourselves on."

Benson
2012-05-21, 03:58 PM
"Ooh...that sounds like a spiffy idea, you're so smart," Jump Start beamed and nodded her head vigorously.

Regalus
2012-05-21, 04:41 PM
Petal nodded, "Good idea Weaver, gonna be a bit of a chore setting it up safely; might have a friend who might be able to do it if needed." she added as she pondered what to summon to their aid.

Emperor Ing
2012-05-21, 06:05 PM
Solar looks a little confused. How WOULD you set it up? I mean....wouldn't that prevent us getting in in the first place?

GFawkes
2012-05-21, 06:33 PM
"Not if I set it up after we make it in. And besides, I won't make it sticky, just strong."

Benson
2012-05-22, 06:55 AM
"Alrighty, so what's the plan again exactly?" Jump Start asked wanting to make sure she knew what to do to. "But...please...not too overtly wordy, its hurts my head when you lot talk too much in one go, I can't keep up." She frowned and made a point to clutch her head for a moment.

Regalus
2012-05-22, 04:14 PM
"We go in from the side as soon as she sneezes. Weaver sets up her threads while you go try to get the soup to Celestia. Me and Solar stand at the ready to lend you a hand if you can't make it in time before she sneezes. Solar will be helping you telekinetically while I have a few of my companions keep ya safe. You don't have anything against bugs do you?"

Emperor Ing
2012-05-22, 05:34 PM
Hold on a second. Solar interjects.
I still want to make a spectacular presentation. And bugs and me working behind the scenes will spoil that. Simply walking in between sneezes isn't going to scream "Princess we've come to help you in your time of need."
Solar's mind goes into detail about the peculiarities of the presentation .A standard continual light flare that backlights the door and whoever enters Celestia's room should be simple enough. It's something everypony's seen many times by now but it's a classic, it's relatively easy to cast, and it looks awesome. Should be good so long as nopony looks directly at it.

Benson
2012-05-23, 07:48 PM
"I...don't like ants....they bother me lots,' Jump Start said absentmindedly before staring at Solar and listening to what she said.

What?"

Emperor Ing
2012-05-23, 09:02 PM
In her mind it was pretty straight forward, but some ponies are a bit slow for Solar's tastes.
I make a pretty light behind you so you appear to glow.

Benson
2012-05-24, 11:17 AM
In her mind it was pretty straight forward, but some ponies are a bit slow for Solar's tastes.
I make a pretty light behind you so you appear to glow.

"See, that's not what you said just earlier, no mention of perty lights behind me," She nodded her head and smiled infectiously.

Emperor Ing
2012-05-24, 12:13 PM
Solar shrugs.
No, I probably didn't. I was saying that having bugs running wild doesn't give the flourish we'd want.

GFawkes
2012-05-24, 12:16 PM
"Spiders are not bugs! They're arachnids!" Silk Weaver says indignantly.

Emperor Ing
2012-05-24, 12:40 PM
They're small, they have more than four legs, they're gross, and we don't want them around the castle. They're bugs. Solar retorts rather obliviously.

GFawkes
2012-05-24, 01:50 PM
"But it's OK that I weave a safety net to catch you, using spider silk." Silk Weaver says flatly.

Emperor Ing
2012-05-24, 02:55 PM
Solar looks at Silk as if she has two heads. Wait, you were serious? You actually thought you were gonna get spiders to make a safety net? And not some sort of quilt or something you have on-hoof?

GFawkes
2012-05-24, 05:53 PM
"Well, I have the material on hoof...sorta...and anyways, if you're casting an illusion behind you, what does it matter what it looks like?"

Emperor Ing
2012-05-24, 07:14 PM
Materials? Is this pony seriously going to crochet something THAT quickly?! No no no, I don't care what it looks like, as long as it can stop a pony from flying three hundred miles per hour into making another giant hole in the wall.

Also, I need to know: HOW?!

Benson
2012-05-25, 11:44 AM
"Obviously magic," Jump Start grinned.

GFawkes
2012-05-25, 01:22 PM
"Not quite magic. No horn. And I think it would be best if Solar didn't look at me while I was doing it. Trust me."

Emperor Ing
2012-05-25, 03:14 PM
Solar looks bemused by this exchange as the wheels in her mind turn up the only explanation that was as close to "logical" as anything else could possibly get.
You're a Changeling aren't you? Her attitude then visibly becomes turns a 180 as she becomes defensive.
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

GFawkes
2012-05-25, 03:19 PM
"No, not at all. At least I don't think so..." Silk Weaver swings a hoof back and forth as she finishes.

Emperor Ing
2012-05-25, 03:31 PM
That had the exact effect Silk probably didn't want, because in her mind Solar was now convinced Silk was a changeling in disguise. Because what else would a changeling say? However confronting the issue at this moment wasn't going to be productive.
Riiiiiight. She droned in disbelief.
Just do what you gotta do. Also, you said something about cushioning the thermos?

GFawkes
2012-05-25, 03:36 PM
"Oh! Right! I can use the ...er... same material as I will for the net to make it softer on the outside and poofier too. That should keep it from making too much of a dent in the wall."

Emperor Ing
2012-05-25, 03:38 PM
Well... Solar says as she levitates the thermos she has already poured the soup into at Silk Have at it!

Benson
2012-05-26, 02:32 AM
"Anyhoof, can I has thermos of soup now?" Though how the silly earth pony will hold it is another matter.

GFawkes
2012-05-26, 01:20 PM
"Alright, here goes. You may want to turn away now, Solar." Silk Weaver places the thermos on the ground, then shifts to spider form. It doesn't have the green pulse of a Changeling, more of her body just growing what's needed and absorbing what isn't.

She then uses her hind legs to produce a long thread and wraps it around the thermos, giving it a solid padding layer. Holding it in the claw at the end of her frontmost leg, she hands it to Jump Start.

Emperor Ing
2012-05-26, 01:22 PM
Before Silk has a chance to transform, Solar gives a reply. No, I think i'd rather watch. How bad could it be?

Benson
2012-05-28, 12:47 PM
Jump Start dutifully closed her eyes keeping a dopey smile on her face.

GFawkes
2012-06-07, 06:17 PM
Moving the group*along, Slik Weaver moves to the hallway leading to Celestia's room and grabs on to a stone knocked lose by the sneezing. "Ready when you are." she says to everypony else.

*and plot

Regalus
2012-06-07, 09:04 PM
Petal dancer sniffed the air for a moment and smiled; it took her a while to figure out what to call to help Jump Start that would fit with Solar's aethetics. In the end she had settled on the beautiful yet sturdy adamant lady bugs. Each was was no larger then a grain of rice, yet had powerful wings and legs capable of lifting their heavy bodies and hopefully stron enough to hold their own against a sneeze and help Jump Start get through them; best of all, each one was like a delicately carved jewel and about as heavy as a large stone. She was sure that the moment they came out of their hiding holes to help, the light would refract off their carapaces creating a dazzling kaleidoscopic effect; sure to stun the princess and aid in the overall presentation.

"Me and my friends are ready; make sure not to stare directly into the light guys," she replied confident in herself and her allies.

Benson
2012-06-08, 12:54 AM
"Okaysh. No lookin intos the lights. Gots it." Jump Start nodded with determination as she stamped her forehooves on the ground, closed thermos in mouth. She then, with said thermos of soup being held via the handle, in her mouth, pressed forth into Celestia's chambers, bracing herself for any wily sneezes.

Athletics Check to brace against any possible gusty sneezes: [roll0]

Emperor Ing
2012-06-08, 02:12 AM
As if in anticipation, the brown unicorn's mane and tail appear wind-blasted already, not to mention the pony herself is braced in anticipation of tornado-force winds. Oh it's not that bad. Ready? One...two...wait. Everypony brace themselves. I mean....REALLY brace yourself. Now then: One...two...three... Her horn sparks with a violent golden light as it creates a nimbus of energy behind the Princess' room. Through photomancy she causes the golden effect to grow brighter and more radiant until it appears as a miniature sun, however its light gives off no heat.

Athletics in anticipation of the sneeze
[roll0]

Will to make the glowy thingy shiny
[roll1]

Soapy
2012-06-10, 11:21 AM
With the combined efforts of the maids, all working together and thinking up an excellent plan, they enact it to a tee, as Princess Celestia unleasehes what may have been the most powerful sneeze yet, tossing almost the entire kingdom head over hooves.

But Princess Celestia gets her soup. And she recovers, but is deciding to spend the rest of the day in her room. (Mostly to avoid any embarassment.)

All the maids recieve 11 favour for curing Princess Celestia! The maids can now help clean up the castle, or prepare presents/practice making a cake. (If the kitchen hasn't been destroyed.

GFawkes
2012-06-10, 12:34 PM
I'll be using 10 points of favor to gain a point of Will. The last thing we need is a spider who secludes herself while under stress.

Seeing Celestia begin to recover, Silk Weaver smiles and tears down the safety web before shifting back to pony form. "Girls, I think we can call Operation Soup a success."

Benson
2012-06-12, 12:59 AM
Jump Start broadly grinned and clopped her hooves. 'Yay, the princess is saved! We're heroes!"

She then offhandedly watched Silk Weaver. "How do you do that? That's coooool."

GFawkes
2012-06-12, 02:22 AM
"There was a small incident involving a black widow, brown recluse, 108 unicorns, and a muffin. You don't want to know the details." Silk Weaver replies, mostly reflexively. Then she realizes what just happened. "Wait, you're not freaked out by that?"

Benson
2012-06-12, 04:37 AM
"There was a small incident involving a black widow, brown recluse, 108 unicorns, and a muffin. You don't want to know the details." Silk Weaver replies, mostly reflexively. Then she realizes what just happened. "Wait, you're not freaked out by that?"

"Should I be?" She asked innocently nibbling on the edges of her right fore hoof. She then rushed forward and put her fore hooves on Silk Weaver's shoulders and sported a desperate-panicked look. "If I am, I will be.........!"

GFawkes
2012-06-14, 06:48 PM
"If you're not scared, that's wonderful!" Silk Weaver says, giving Jump Start a hug. "Now I can have someone else on my side of the arguement of why spiders should be allowed in the castle! Yay!"

Emperor Ing
2012-06-14, 06:53 PM
Actually... Judging by her prior speechlessness and her "saw a ghost" expression, solar saw it. Although she wished she didn't. Strongly. Well...erhm...I kind of wish you were a changeling.

Benson
2012-06-14, 07:10 PM
"If you're not scared, that's wonderful!" Silk Weaver says, giving Jump Start a hug. "Now I can have someone else on my side of the argument of why spiders should be allowed in the castle! Yay!"

Jump Start liked hugs, so she hugged Silk Weaver. "Spiders are..okay, so as long as they don't get into my bowl of oats. That's not hygienic." She said utterly serious about it that she looked silly cute on her delivery.

Actually... Judging by her prior speechlessness and her "saw a ghost" expression, solar saw it. Although she wished she didn't. Strongly. Well...erhm...I kind of wish you were a changeling.

"I don't know if that's a nice thing or not to say," Jump Start said confusingly as she scratched her chin.

Regalus
2012-06-25, 06:50 PM
Petal Dancer looked on as the scene unfolded before her and smiled; an idea crossing her mind after this opportunity she could not miss. "Spiders aren't bad at all; heck, my favorite pattiseur is a spider," she chimed in happily as she approached the group.

"Though while we're on the subject, there's something I want to show all of you," she explained in the same merry tone.

Emperor Ing
2012-06-26, 07:04 AM
Solar takes a few steps back. Already reeling from the not-changeling she has a feeling Petal is one of those too.
A random thought goes though her mind: Is there anypony in Canterlot who ISN'T either a changeling or a non-changeling shapeshifter?
Oh erm....sure. Go ahead. She says apprehensively.

GFawkes
2012-06-26, 04:42 PM
"Well Solar, looks like you're outnumbered 3 to 1. We can now come to the consensus that spiders are awesome." Silk Weaver says with a smug look on her face.

"Ooh! What do you have to show, Petal?"

Benson
2012-06-26, 04:59 PM
"oooh, is today show and tell time too?" Jump Start dopily asked and then wondered what she should present.

Regalus
2012-06-26, 05:14 PM
Petal Dancer just stared at the others in silence for an uncomfterbly long moment as she juggled a few thoughts in her head; weighing the odds until she finally came to a decision.

She continued staring at the others before a loud 'Poof' noise and lavender smoke erupted forth from her, filling the room with a soft flowery smell; as the smoke cleared the form of a small fluffy violet fox appeared amid slowly falling flower petals. The adorable baby fox looked at the trio and yipped adorably before giving them a toothy grin.

Benson
2012-06-26, 05:37 PM
Jump Start squee'd in pure delight at the cuteness and moved to hug the furry critter. "So cuuuute."

Regalus
2012-06-26, 06:04 PM
The baby fox yipped happily, and allowed herself to be picked up; licking jumpstarts nose if she got close enough.

Benson
2012-06-26, 06:18 PM
Jump Start giggled and plopped on her flank, holding the baby fox carefully between her hooves. "Hee hee, that tickles," She squee'd as her muzzle was licked as she went to wiggle her muzzle against its snout.

Emperor Ing
2012-06-26, 06:44 PM
Solar's thoughts are betrayed by the erratic behavior of her mane. Largely she's wondering if Jump actually is a changeling.
As far as shapeshifters go, turning into a small fox isn't so bad. And nor was it the bizarre form-shifting of Silk's shifting. Neither of the transformations have the characteristic green fire of changelings most notably.

Well erhm... She attempts to acquiesce nervously, brushing the back of her head with a hoof

Spiders aren't the worst thing. And i'm not arachnophobic.

Regalus
2012-06-26, 06:50 PM
Petal dancer grabbed a hold of Jump Start's muzzle and nuzzled her back, giggling as she did so. The sight of the two no doubt mesmerizing, or sickening, all those watching them with their combined cuteness.

Benson
2012-06-27, 05:49 PM
Petal dancer grabbed a hold of Jump Start's muzzle and nuzzled her back, giggling as she did so. The sight of the two no doubt mesmerizing, or sickening, all those watching them with their combined cuteness.

"You so adorable Petal Dancer," She giggled and placed Petal Dancer on her lap and petted the fox. "How did you learn to do that kind of magic anyway?"

Regalus
2012-06-27, 06:21 PM
Petal Dancer looked up at Jump with her shiny blue eyes, sweeping her tail slowly from side to side. I no know. she "admitted swiftly as she closed her eyes to enjoy Jump Start's touch; her voice seemingly emanating from her general area rather than her actually speaking. Maybe mama and papa, but I don't remember them. Or much else really, she added before perking up and opening her eyes.

But, if you liked that; watch this, she exclaimed before a small puff a violet smoke suddenly popped into existance over her knows; revealing a delicate multicalored butterfly sitting calmly on her knows before fluttering into the air, changing colors and trailing sparkles of colored light before trying to rest on top of Jump Start's muzzle.

Benson
2012-06-27, 10:24 PM
Jump Start giggled again and followed with an adorable pleasant gasp. "Oh my gosh......oooooo....that's soooo cool.....so pretty."

Emperor Ing
2012-06-27, 10:50 PM
Although the bizarreness of it all has its obvious effects on Solar's mind, she seems to become absorbed in the light-heartedness of it all as she fails to suppress a giggle. Her mane, although messy, seems to return to its normal billowing under an invisible breeze.

Soapy
2012-07-01, 10:27 PM
(Okay, this is going on long enough, I'm going to start the next day's work.)

The maids continue their fun late into the night, but eventually all of them must go to sleep, as Princess Celestia needs to be woken up at the right time in the morning.

The Third Day's work is waking up the Princess

Benson
2012-07-02, 02:25 AM
Jump Start

Oh what fun Jump Start had yesterday, especially with playing with Petal Dancer as a fox. Oh and saving the princess from a nasty cold was a bonus too! The silly little maid sprang out of bed ready to tackle the new day. She put on her maid uniform and cantered out towards the royal kitchen where she prepared the princess' morning breakfast tea.

"Tea, tea making tea~"

Preparing Tea: Skill [roll0]

Day 3 Profile Update

Jump Start

Athletics: 3
Skill: 2
Cunning: 2

Favor: 19
Spirit: 20/20

Maid Types: Boyish/Heroine

Uniform Color: Gold
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Red

Special Qualities: Over active imagination, Collar
Favored Attribute: Athletics
Maid Power: Weapon from nowhere
Maid Roots: Illegitimate Child
Maid Weapon: Book
Stress Explosion: Run Away

Emperor Ing
2012-07-02, 07:40 AM
Eventually Solar would have taken the time to put the paintings back in the remnants of the hall where they were initially taken down. He took the time to organize them according to location and sequence so she can put them back in correct order.

Eventually she would have the time to enter the Canterlot Library in an attempt to research the spells she will need to maintain the cake.
Will check
[roll0]

The current day: Solar wakes up and goes through normal morning rituals, taking extra care to get the "was attacked by a sickened God" look out of her hair and tail. She then wills it to flatten (an ability Solar never really understood) into her normal style before going to wake up the Princess, albeit hesitantly, somewhat expecting the sun itself to fly into her.

Soapy
2012-07-02, 09:50 AM
As Solar Wind studies, Jump Start successfully makes enough tea, and while it isn't incredible, Princess Celestia should at least fine it refreshing.

(Solar Wind gets a +1 to her Cake Roll)

Benson
2012-07-03, 12:58 AM
Jump Start happily makes her way to the princess's chambers with the tray with tea. She is in hopes the princess will like it. With a free hoof she knocks on Celestia's large bedroom door and smiles at the guards if there are any.

Emperor Ing
2012-07-03, 07:06 AM
((I need to clarify that my first two paragraphs took place the PREVIOUS day. She wakes up Celestia today))

GFawkes
2012-07-05, 10:17 PM
Silk Weaver wakes up, remembering the happy events of yesterday. Well, save Celestia's cold. But she had two of the other maids that supported her in that spiders were alright.

Heading for the Princess's room, she notices the sun hasn't quite risen yet. Please tell me she's recovered completely from the cold. She's relieved when she finds the door to the princess's room no more destroyed than yesterday.

Entering, she's semi-surprised to see Celestia still asleep. If she didn't wake up, she wouldn't be able to raise the sun, and all Tartarus could break loose. Walking to Celestia's side, she gently nudges her. "Princess, if you wouldn't mind, we have a small fire that could get bigger, but we need you to move just to be safe."

While there wasn't any fire in the room, Silk Weaver figured it should wake Celestia up.

Cunning to wake up Celestia: [roll0]

Soapy
2012-07-08, 10:42 AM
Princess Celestia wakes up, happy and with an air of spryness.

"Good Morning Jump Start, Silk Weaver." Princess Celestia smiled.

(Jump Start and Silk Weaver get 1d6 favor each)

Benson
2012-08-13, 06:34 AM
"Good morning Princess," Jump Start said with a broad smile.