PDA

View Full Version : [Naruto d20] Glory and Stuff Team 3 Ic

canc3rkill3r
2012-05-04, 10:40 AM
It seems like longer than it has actually been, but you've finally graduated, you're finally a genin. Your instructor goes down the list, assigning your classmates to different teams. "Takeshi Yuudai, Seimeisen Eiji, and Yukimitshi Hayotan will be in team three. Head to staging area B in the west cavern, you'll meet your sensei there."After the long-winded lecture about honor and duty as a shinobi, you head outside to the front of the academy to meet your new teammates. As you walk out of the stalagmite-shaped academy you feel the cool air breezing from the upper parts of the cave. The massive central cavern holds most of the businesses and main buildings, while the east cavern holds all the houses. West and south caverns are mostly derelict and used mainly as staging and training areas.

----------------------------------------------------------
Following the orders from the instructor, Team 3 groups up and heads out to staging area B in the west cavern. Walking through the moderately lit tunnels they finally arrive at their destination, and see their sensei sitting by a stalagtite. He stands to greet the team as they walk up, dusting off his pants legs. Well you seem like an incompetent lot. My name's Ine Izumo, I'll be Team 3's captain. He has black wiry hair resembling a small afro and dark skin. On his flack jacket is a red cross patched on the right shoulder, and he seems to be only a year or two older at most. As he talks his voice constantly carries a condescending tone to it. Ine pulls out a book from his pouch and looks it over. I'm not sure if this is going to work out. It seems they've been graduating students too easily. I believe a test is in order for you whelps.

Lord-Cao-Cao
2012-05-04, 11:45 AM
Eiji nodded.

"As expected, sensei. When do we begin?"

Ah yes, Seimeisen Eiji-A young boy already with a fearsome reputation for ruthlessness. Most notably, when asked to 'beat' a fellow student in a sparring match, he continued to do so until ordered to stop-Which was about the time when the other students' face was no longer recognisable as a result of the damage it had recently taken. Not physically overwhelming, he nonetheless possessed a markedly impressive level of manual dexterity, and for a newly graduated genin, he had a certain degree of skill with those battle wires attached to the gloves that he was currently wearing.

He was also a young boy with a reputation for rudeness-He had already been disciplined several times by teachers for acting out of turn. Their attempts had succeeded-Somewhat. While he could be polite if necessary, if he could at all avoid it, he would.

And while his face remained completely still, his eyes had a look in them that probably mirrored Izumos'-Right from the start, he was doubting his sensei. Unless he's a lot more competent than he looks, stating that we're mere 'whelps' is like the kettle calling the pot black, he thought to himself, for he's only a year or two ahead of us in that department at most.

He glanced over to his companions, the faintest hint of a sneer already forming on the edges of his lips. Well, maybe he had a point. A brat and what looked like a milk-soft woman.

Dramesh
2012-05-04, 07:48 PM
Yuki

Finally! She was a genin. After much hardship in the academy, she was able to graduate. As they were all lectured, she look at her new teammates. She was with the short-fused Eiji. He was almost always looking for a fight and never stop until he destroyed his target or someone make it stop. What a drag. She was always making fun of as she act a little over his age, always getting nickname as mom or spoiled brat. She was so not spoiled. Her father was dead in action and her mother was a medical ninja. Avoiding to follow in her footstep, she decided to dedicate herself to her swordsmanship. Wielding her large katana as weapon, she even attract more attention as the weapon was almost the same size as her. The last year was so much better, as she proved herself in ninja skill and weapon wielding, the other student of the academy almost let go of her old reputation. Without her nickname she was acting in a motherly way even if she didn't remark it.

Heading to the meeting place, she ready herself and double check her clothes and weapon, everything was in order to meet her new sensei. As she arrived, the look of her sensei troubles her, he was only a couple years older than her. It must have been a mistake. As he introduce himself, she couldn't believe it I can't believe that this young boy is going to be my sensei, I hope for him that he can back his attitude. The test will be a good time to test his and her aptitude.

She bow lighty and say: "I'm Yukimitshi Hayotan, but everyone can call me Yuki. What will be the test ?"

Lord-Cao-Cao
2012-05-04, 10:56 PM
Eiji glanced away as Yuki introduced herself, rolling his eyes.

Honestly, the thought of such a small girl wielding such an oversized sword was ludicrous. She was probably going to be a burden on the team. Still, he admitted, it would only be polite for him to introduce himself. Unlike Yuki, however, Eiji did not bow or even show deference in any way, shape or form-In fact, he was still looking away as he stated his name.

"Seimeisen Eiji."

Dramesh
2012-05-05, 09:26 AM
Yuki

Always so unconcern. Even after the academy and even in front of their new sensei, Eiji was as impolite as ever. Maybe someday will he able to bebecome a little more sensitive to others. We was now representing his village and country. Did he not listen to our lecture at the academy about 20 minutes ago ? What a drag. Then she look again at her sensei and await his second teammate to present himself and for the sensei to tell them the test in question.

Binks
2012-05-05, 11:48 AM
Well...this is starting off well... Takeshi thinks to himself as he examines his new sensei. Only a few years older than average for a Genin, but if anyone who knew how little age related to skill it was Takeshi. From the way the older nin was talking Takeshi figured he probably had the skill to back his words up. Of course, if he thought Takeshi was just some 'whelp' then he was going to be in for a surprise.

Bowing respectfully Takeshi introduced himself. "I am Takeshi Yuudai. It is nice to meet you Sensei. I look forward to our time working together." he says, smiling politely, with only a slight hint of a smirk showing on his face.

Glancing over at his new teammates Takeshi's smirk became a bit more obvious. Eiji huh? And Yuki. A brute and a wanna-be samurai. Well at least they're competant, unlike so many of our classmates. he thought with a small shake of his head.

Takeshi had never payed much attention to his classmates. Given that he had jumped grades once or twice it wasn't much of a surprise, unlike most nin he hadn't been with the same group from the start, so both Eiji and Yuki were mostly strangers to him. He'd heard the rumors of the boy Eiji had beat until he wasn't recognizable, and he had, of course, been shocked the first time he'd seen the weapon Yuki chose to wield, but Takeshi had spent most of his energy befriending the academy teachers rather than his peers, a sensible decision when his peers could change at any time and the teachers knew more useful information anyway.

Of course now he would have to befriend the two if they were to be a team. Takeshi figured that Yuki would probably be easy to befriend, a few nice words about her swordsmanship at appropriate times should be enough. Eiji would be difficult, on the other hand. A classic Type-A arrogant ninja...the two had a lot in common in terms of personality Takeshi thought. Distance would probably be best for now, don't try to befriend, just demonstrate how useful Genjutsu could be at tying down enemies for him to beat on.

With conscious effort Takeshi shoved those thoughts to the back of his mind, focusing on his new sensei and awaiting orders.

canc3rkill3r
2012-05-05, 02:43 PM
Izumo tucked the book back into his pouch and started to walk off. The task is easy, last one standing wins. His laugh was reminiscent of a brat or bully getting his way. Kill each other and prove to me you're at least able to do that. The sound of a rock falling stopped his laughter as he darted his head in that direction but quickly returned his view on the team. I said fight you worms! So fight! A snicker came from the same area as the first noise and Izumo looked in that direction again. Hurry! NOW!

You sense something is wrong but you're not quite sure what it is.
Sense Motive checks for everyone.

Binks
2012-05-05, 04:49 PM
Sense motive: [roll0]
If it's a genjutsu I think I get a +4 bonus from my genjutsu talents. Not 100% sure and afb.

Lord-Cao-Cao
2012-05-05, 10:59 PM
Eiji frowned. Killing each other as their first test? They didn't have enough students as it was, and it didn't make any sense. Nevertheless, he dropped into the Kousen-Ryu stance, wires flicking into the air, as he scanned both his sensei and the area for noise.

for Sense Motive, and [roll1] for Spot.

Lord-Cao-Cao
2012-05-05, 11:01 PM
Oh, also, Eiji now has 12 chakra in his pool rather than 14.

Binks
2012-05-06, 09:30 AM
Interesting...another test, or a bloodthirsty sensei? Takeshi thinks to himself. If it's the former I just need to puzzle it out. If it's the latter...this could get problematic. Fighting two close-quarter ninja without support could be difficult...best bet would be to let them start fighting and try to take them by surprise with a Genjutsu, but that's nowhere near a sure bet...

As Eiji drops into a battle stance Takeshi dodges away, putting some distance between them while trying to puzzle out what's going on.

I rolled the sense motive earlier when I was away from book. Got a total of 20, I don't get the bonus.

But I would like to roll to attempt to identify if I'm in a Genjutsu if I can. Genjutsu: [roll0].
It's +2 over my normal genjutsu because I lose the +2 bonus to perform (which I included in the misc) but I gain a +4 to identify.

Dramesh
2012-05-06, 09:33 AM
Yuki

What is that test, kill our comrades ?! He's nuts. Yuki will not kill these boys not does she wants to be killed. She looked at her sensei and say: "I will not kill anyone here today or anytime, sorry but if we must kill each other among our own village the ninja village as fallen at the bottom of the well." She take a few step back, putting herself away from the group. Bow then wait there.

OOC
Sense motive[roll0] While bowing, cast Kawarimi no Jutsu [roll1] add +1, forget to add it.

canc3rkill3r
2012-05-07, 03:38 PM
Looking over the team, Izumo's eyes first meet with Yuki's. So you'll disobey your captain? You know I can send you back to the academy for insubordination. If I tell you to fight to the death then... Tobu thats enough.. The voice seemed to come from the rocks themselves as a short man with red shaggy hair, and a face that resembled a mouse appeared. He looked to be at least 30, with a multitude of scars on his body. What? Aiko, c'mon why'd you come out now? The captains voice changed dramatically as he flung his hands outwards. They've seen right through your act, idiot. Did you actually believe they would fight each other to the death just on a whim? As the man named Aiko stepped closer his headband came into view. It had the symbol for Horagakaru on it, a mountain with a cave entrance.

Fine, whatever. Henge! The captain disappeared in a puff of smoke to reveal a large brutish looking man. His black hair was spiked up into a mohawk, and his face was brow-heavy like a caveman. He sported a massive fullblade on his back and wore a weird type of armor. Aiko pointed at Takeshi and cracked a slight grin. You knew this was a Genjutsu didn't you? He laughed a little to himself and made a quick hand sign. Kai! The entire cave changed form and appeared nothing like staging area B. Well if they won't fight each other, I guess we'll have to be their opponents, right Tobu? Heh, yup.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/KrT2oo8/team3encountercopy.jpg

Legend:
Green - Tobu
Blue - Aiko
Orange - Takeshi
Red - Eiji
Purple - Yuki

Initiative:
Eiji
Yuki
Aiko
Tobu
Takeshi

Binks
2012-05-07, 04:25 PM
Takeshi remains silent through the two nins' conversation, glancing back and forth between them as he mentally chides himself for not checking for Genjutsu earlier. When they finish and declare their intent to fight Takeshi smirks. "You call that a Genjutsu? I suppose if finger-painting can be called art that could be called a Genjutsu, but I've seen academy student's do better work..." he says, trying to draw their attention for the moment to give his teammates an opportunity to orient themselves in the new battlefield.

Lord-Cao-Cao
2012-05-07, 10:33 PM
Eiji nodded, a vicious grin forming on his mouth as he flicked out his battle-wires at his 'sensei' without a moments' hesitation, the instant the words 'I guess we'll have to be their opponents, right?' left the other mans' mouth.

His body suddenly spiked with adrenaline, the wild glee of combat filling his veins. Nevertheless, a sense of niggling worry filled his mind-Three genin, against what looked like two experienced jounin? There wasn't a chance in hell they could win-They'd be lucky if they lasted half a minute, especially in these tight confines. Nevertheless, he wasn't going to be shown up by his team, if he had anything to say about it.

And throughout this entire time, he couldn't stop thinking about the older mans' name-Aiko. Without realising it, he blurted it out loud.

"Aiko. Isn't that a girls' name?"

Full Attack Action on Tobu: [roll0] for the first attack, [roll1] for the second, [roll2] for the first damage, [roll3] for the second, then moving to B3 as a 5-foot-step.

Lord-Cao-Cao
2012-05-07, 10:36 PM
The wires flickered out towards Tobu, slashing across the surface of his skin with a speed one probably did not expect of a Genin.

"I got him!

Rolling to confirm the second strikes' critical-[roll0]

Dramesh
2012-05-08, 12:35 PM
Yuki

So, as she thought that order wasn't a real one. And their sensei wasn't 1-2 years older that them, what a relief. She head towards Tobu, draw her Katana then strike him.

"Here comes nothing, Kenjutsu! Kudari-uchi!"

OOC
Move to B5 while drawing her katana
Attack Tobu with Kenjutsu: Kudari-uchi, attack [roll0] damage [roll1]
minus 1 chakra remaining: 15/17

canc3rkill3r
2012-05-08, 04:42 PM
Ha! You hear that Aiko? They think you're a little girl, that can't even do proper genjutsu on top of that! As the words left Tobu's mouth Eiji sprung into action, slashing out with his two wires. The first strike was blocked by Tobu's arm guard while the second found a soft spot in his armor and cut deep, drawing blood that splattered on the floor. Yuki moved in with her large katana drawn and held overhead. Holding his wound Tobu knew he was in trouble. I can't dodge this one... He met the blow with his thick metal shoulder pad and the attack bounced off leaving him unscathed.

Aiko barked at Tobu red with anger. It's USE genjutsu you jackass! Not do. He moved into position behind Eiji and muttered to himself while weaving handsigns. I hope you piss yourself after this one, you little prick.. Eiji's vision turned black as he saw his two comrades slowly melt in front of him. As the gore piled on the ground the floor split and what seemed to be a god of death appeared from within. It meticulously ate the corpses in front of Eiji, insinuating he was next.

After being on the defensive Tobu decided to charge right into the fray. After the frail little one first.. He rose his massive fullblade and brought it down on Takeshi forgoing accuracy for terrifying strength. AHHGH!! The attack connected and took a chunk of Takeshi's flesh and blood with it.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/KrT2oo8/team3encountercopy2.jpg

Legend:
Green - Tobu
Blue - Aiko
Orange - Takeshi
Red - Eiji
Purple - Yuki

Initiative:
Eiji
Yuki
Aiko
Tobu
Takeshi

Takeshi - 14dmg and make a spot and genjutsu roll
Eiji - Will save
Yuki - Make an attack of opportunity against tobu

Dramesh
2012-05-08, 05:00 PM
OOC
Opportunity attack on Tobu: attack[roll0] damage[roll1]
EDIT:ouch, think that one will hit him hard

Binks
2012-05-08, 05:08 PM
Well...this is going well... Takeshi thought as he barely managed to escape the attack with his body still in one piece. Injured and already tired from the blood loss Takeshi took a second's pause to gather information on his surroundings, to figure out what Genjutsu the more competent enemy used, before taking action.

Spot: [roll0]
Genjutsu (identify? if not -2): [roll1]

Waiting to see what I learn before deciding on a course of action. Can I take a 5ft step back or is there a wall there?

canc3rkill3r
2012-05-08, 05:42 PM
As Tobu made his attack on Takeshi, Yuki took the chance to attack again while his opponent was occupied. The slice was clean cutting straight through Tobu's armor. He yelled aloud as the katana cleaved through metal, cloth and then flesh. Leaving fresh blood on the sword and the ground below.

@Binks Waiting for lord-cao-cao to make the save and then we'll see what happens. You technically came from there but since the battle has begun you can't move back. I intentionally made this map very close quarters oriented. Sadly you got the short end of the initiative stick.

Lord-Cao-Cao
2012-05-08, 09:34 PM
Eiji thrashed and flailed in the air, gasping as he tried hard to disbelieve what he saw in front of him-His conscious mind said it was a genjutsu, but his body told him otherwise...

[roll0]

canc3rkill3r
2012-05-09, 04:48 AM
Eiji grabbed hold of his conscious and forced the demon back with sheer willpower. The darkness melted away as he gained back control over his body. With the genjutsu resisted he looked up to see a perfect opportunity to strike at Tobu who was finishing his swing at Takeshi.

Eiji - make an AoO against Tobu

@Binks Don't worry about the spot and genjutsu check.

Lord-Cao-Cao
2012-05-09, 06:19 AM
Eiji coughed, the visions fading in his head. In front of him was Tobu, the swordsman, swinging at Takeshi. What was he doing here, again? ...Oh, right. Fighting.

A wild grin flared back onto his lips as he flicked his wires, temporarily laying on the ground, at Tobu once more.

[roll0] for AO, [roll1] for damage.

Binks
2012-05-09, 09:44 AM
Takeshi grinned a little through the pain as his opponent was attacked from both sides. Stepping carefully back behind Yuki, far more willing to trust her swordsmanship than Eiji's wild chains, Takeshi put his plan into motion.

Got a bunch of questions. Not 100% clear on some of the rules, so I'm going to list a few possible sets of actions in order of preference so as to not cause a delay.

I'll edit my post with a better action once I know which action I'm taking.

1. If I can draw a smoke bomb without provoking an AoO and drop it as a free action and have it go off:
Move - Draw smoke bomb
Free - Drop it, creating a smoke cloud, centered on the bottom left of my square if possible, or top right if that's not possible (if I can't keep the enemy out of the smoke cloud for a round at least going to shield my allies with it)
5ft step behind Yuki (1 down)
Standard - Cast Magen: Anrakushi (pg473) (4 chakra used) on Tobu. I have the required perform ranks to auto-make the casting check, it provokes AoO but I have total concealment from the smoke cloud, so no AoO for you :smalltongue:.
Effect - Will Save DC 18 (10+3(cha)+4(rank)+1(genjutsu adept)). Chakra Resistance applies if he has any ([roll0]).
If he fails the save he loses his next turn but retains his normal defense. After 1 round has expired (so my next turn I guess) he takes 2d6 points of damage that can't knock him below 1hp.

2. If either drawing a smoke bomb would provoke or dropping it won't set it off then:
5ft step behind Yuki (1 down)
Full action - Total Defense

canc3rkill3r
2012-05-10, 02:39 PM
@Binks Well if you move out of your square its going to provoke an AoO. Total Concealment is a 50% miss chance so Tobu would still get a whack at you, just a much less accurate whack. Drawing the smoke bomb wont provoke and AoO, but taking a 5-foot step out of the square will.

Binks
2012-05-10, 03:22 PM
I thought the 5ft step didn't provoke? At least that's how it works in d20 modern (pg 139). If it does provoke in Naruto for some reason then skip it.

How does an AoO interact with total concealment's 'must guess where the target is'? If I provoke but I moved (5ft step without provoking for instance) does the enemy know where I am or does he still have to guess?

Lord-Cao-Cao
2012-05-11, 12:47 PM
OOC: He's right, by the way, Cancer-Using a five foot step to exit a threatened square does not qualify for an AO. In fact, if I remember correctly, five-foot-steps never provoke an AO, not even against enemies with greater range.

canc3rkill3r
2012-05-12, 02:09 PM
I've always played that any movement out of a threatened square provoked, but I just read over combat and you're right. As for concealment yes he would have to guess where you are.

Lord-Cao-Cao
2012-05-12, 02:16 PM
OOC: So, uh, what happens now? I AO'd, and Takeshi didn't provoke one, and he's moving away.