PDA

View Full Version : [Naruto d20] Glory and Stuff Team 5 Ic

canc3rkill3r
2012-05-04, 10:41 AM
It seems like longer than it has actually been, but you've finally graduated, you're finally a genin. Your instructor goes down the list, assigning your classmates to different teams. "Kurogane Sutoringu, Samidare Kagerou, and Shusuke Shido will be in team five. Your team will report to the testing area outside of the village. Leave through the north gate and your sensei will be waiting for you there."After the long-winded lecture about honor and duty as a shinobi, you head outside to the front of the academy to meet your new teammates. As you walk out of the stalagmite-shaped academy you feel the cool air breezing from the upper parts of the cave. The massive central cavern holds most of the businesses and main buildings, while the east cavern holds all the houses. West and south caverns are mostly derelict and used mainly as staging and training areas.

----------------------------------------------------------
Arriving at the gate Team 5 finds their sensei, who looks to be pacing back and forth with his hands behind his back. He looks up to find his new students and rushes over to introduce himself. Hi! You must be team five! I'm Iaite Ryuuku and I'll be your new sensei from here on out. Wearing normal Jonin attire the only thing that stands out is Iaite's katana, strapped to his lower back. He has glasses and spiky brown hair, and tends to fidget around quite a lot. If you would, please follow me to the testing grounds, and don't be afraid to introduce yourselves!

LordDice
2012-05-04, 11:58 AM
Nodding at the sensei's introduction he quickly moves to follow him.
Fiddling with his cloak a bit, which seems to be somewhat weighed down Shido turns to his teammates and introduces himself while they walk.

"Call me Shido, I quite enjoy explosives and the challenge of making them."

dethkruzer
2012-05-04, 12:23 PM
Samidare listened to everything mentioned during the lecture with keen ears, he had forsaken so much of his old life, he didn't want to waste even the smallest piece of information. As he exited the academy, he removed his forehead protector, and began scrubbing it with an old piece of cloth, picking off the smallest smudges and an scraps of dirt. It wasn't the leaf symbol of Konoha, but the symbol of Kirigakure, Samidare had learned most of his ninja skills here, but he though of his home village as an important aspect of himself no-one could deny.

As he continued to walk along, towards the gate, the broad side of his sickle, hanging from it's chain, periodically tapped against his leg, he was now officially a Genin, and while he had high hopes for the future, he couldn't help but feel nervous, hopefully his will to help others would not become his own undoing.

It took a while, but once he reached the gate, he waited until their sensei had finished speaking before introducing himself. "Kagerou, Samidare Kagerou, Medical-nin of Kirigakure, ready for action. Pleased to meet you, Ryuuku-sensei." He spoke with a polite tone and a slight bow. His gaze wandered back to his forehead protector, still clutched in his hand, to the symbol of his village. An excited smile, not unlike that of a child who can't wait to open a present, spread across his face as he took the forehead protector and pulled it over his head, placing the integrated goggles over his eyes. This could very well be the beginning of something great.

Jacior
2012-05-04, 02:11 PM
Suto sat through the lecturing with more than a small amount of boredom. He had already memorized everything the lecturer was saying, it wasn't even interesting enough to pretend to listen to. Instead he practiced hand-signs and other things that didn't use up his chakra... Though to be frank he probably had more than any of these no-name lackluster "ninjas."

He adjusted his ninja-to as he stood up and walked out. Samidare Kagerou and Shusuke Shido... interesting. Wasn't Shido obsessive with explosives? What were they thinking? He would much rather have been in a team with Takeshi Yuudai. Only one who graduated younger than Sutoringu.

He walked to the gate with all the confidence an 11 year old graduate shinobi can muster. And considering the age of his team-mates, it was quite a lot. He waited for everyone to stop speaking before he spoke. "Kurogane Sutoringu. Suto if you must shorten it. I'm a Puppeteer in training. I haven't been graced with a Puppet yet." He keeps his face decidedly neutral, if not mildly upset at his team assignment. He follows behind the group's new sensei.

canc3rkill3r
2012-05-04, 05:07 PM
Iaite had a slight bounce in his step as he lead Team 5 towards the north gate. The guards waved as the large gates opened and light filled the massive corridor. Iaite held his arm in front of his face to block the sun until his eyes adjusted. Isn't it nice to get out of the village and see the sun? Those chakra lamps just can't compete! As the new team walked past the closing gate and out of Horagakaru Iaite turned around to address them. We'll walk a bit further down this road and then begin the exercise. The Jonin put his hands behind his back and started his slightly weird bounce-step walking. I'm sure these guys can make it.. After a good 15 minute walk Iaite stopped the team and walked a couple feet in front of them. This seems like a good spot to stop. The Jonin started making hand signs. This will put the skills you have learned at the academy to the test. You'll be facing my clone, and the objective is simple. Defeat him and you pass as genin. I'm really not much of an elaborate type, as you can tell. He cracked a slight grin. Ishi Bunshin no Jutsu! A golem-like creature protruded from the ground, slowly changing into the likeness of Iaite. The Jonin raised his hand. My clone will be fighting to kill, I suggest you do the same. He flung his hand down. Begin!

The clone moves up a few feat and goes after the closest target. He pulls a kunai from his holster with his left hand and immediately throws it at Shido never letting his right hand leave his katana hilt.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/KrT2oo8/team5encounter1.jpg

Legend:
Black - Clone
Orange - Iaite
Blue - Samidare
Teal - Shido
Gray - Suto

Initiative:
Clone
Shido
Samidare
Suto

Shido: 6 Dmg

LordDice
2012-05-04, 10:04 PM
Enjoying the sunlight and the short walk Shido is almost started when they stop for the test silently agreeing to himself that it does seem like a decent spot.

Hearing that they'll be fighting a clone of their sensei gets him grinning madly, while it's being explained he reaches into his coat for an exploding tag and ties it to the ring of a kunai.

"Oh yes indeed, time to blow some crap up !" He's muttering to himself as he finishes tying the tag on.

As Sensei gives the signal he sees the kunai flashing towards him and just can't seem to move fast enough, punching right through his cloak it leaves a large gash in his bicep and he immediately moves away as quickly as he can, quickly throwing the kunai he'd prepared at the ground under the clone before flipping backwards hopefully out of the way.

After flipping back he shouts "BOOM!" detonating the tag.

Move foward 10ft to M8
Attack with a Kunai /w Tag at the ground
[roll0]
Flipping back and moving to N10 and detonating the tag.
Damage for Tag [roll1]

dethkruzer
2012-05-05, 04:53 AM
Samidare was actually rather shocked to hear that they would be fighting their sensei, well, a clone of their sensei, but it was still bad enough. Clones, while usually not too durable, still had most of the skills of the original, and in this case the original was a joonin-class ninja.

Understanding this was something that couldn't be won with brute force alone, the medic decided to try deception instead. He was hoping this would work, because he believed he would be using his mystical palm technique on everyone in the team by the end of the day.

He stepped forward, and pulled out a Kunai, flinging it in one same motion. "Hey, target practice, over here!" He shouted at the clone, hoping to draw it's attention, before doing a few quick hand seals. "Kawarimi no Jutsu" He whipered, and hoped the clone would not realize.

5-foot step to N7.
Draw Kunai as a free action and throw it at clone.
Kunai attack roll: [roll0]
Kunai damage roll: [roll1]
Using Kawarimi no Jutsu
Ninjutsu check: [roll2]
Succeeds on a roll of 12, moving to O11
Hide Check: [roll3]

Jacior
2012-05-05, 11:11 AM
Another test? Did they ever get tired of testing the genin? It seemed unlikely. Shido of course thought to blow up things and think later, unsurprising. But the med-nin (in training, no evidence yet), had what seemed to be an actual plan. Suto was curious to see how it played out, but not curious enough to just stand around.

He moved up and around, keeping the same distance as he went. Suto stopped and made a quick flurry of handsigns. "Bunshin no Justsu." Several clouds of smoke appeared and there were now four of the genin standing the clearing.

Move to K3, Using Bunshin no Jutsu.

Question, because I am still not sure. If I have a high enough skill in ninjutsu to pass the check no matter what I roll, should I still roll?

Also, I still can't make heads or tails of the Skill Threshold thing, someone care to explain that as well?

Roll just in case: Perform Ninjutsu [roll0]

canc3rkill3r
2012-05-05, 02:21 PM
Shido's kunai hit the ground with a thud as the fuse-like hiss from the tag signaled 'explosion eminent'. The clone rolled to his left and easily avioded the blast as a kunai from Samidare zipped past, missing its mark by a fraction of an inch. Maybe I should back off a bit, it seems that kid really likes to blow things up.. Iaite carefully stepped backwards a few feet and proceeded to somersault onto a branch behind him. As the clone stood up to regain his footing he looked around to find that one of the genin had been replaced by a few bunshin. He turned to face Suto and use force to determine which was the real one. Douheki no Jutsu! The ground below Suto began to rumble and shake as he and his clones jumped out of the way to avoid an explosion of rock and earth below them.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/KrT2oo8/team5encounter2-1.jpg

Legend:
Black - Clone
Orange - Iaite
Blue - Samidare
Teal - Shido
Gray - Suto
Gray w/ lines - Suto Bunshins

Initiative:
Clone
Shido
Samidare
Suto

Samidare is Hidden

@Jacior The skill threshold is the minimum amount of ranks you need to be able to auto pass. So for bunshin all you need is 1 rank of ninjutsu to be able to auto pass.

Jacior
2012-05-05, 02:39 PM
Thank you! I was confused.

But, I made 3 Bunshin. There should be four of me total on the field.

canc3rkill3r
2012-05-05, 02:45 PM
Ah my bad Jacior I was confused about the 4 genin part, I thought you were talking about the whole team plus one more. I'll fix it up.

Edit:

Yeah I caught that on my second look over it, my apologies mate.

Jacior
2012-05-05, 02:50 PM
You also first refer to me as Shido. Just a nudge. XD

It's ok. They have similar names! Something I might have done.

What do you make your maps with? They're pretty.

LordDice
2012-05-05, 03:39 PM
Grumbling at the fact he so easily dodged his first explosive he thinks for a second about switching tactics before deciding he just needs a bigger explosion. Drawing one of his explosive kunai's he lightly tosses it at the dirt well away from anyone before running away and detonating it ducking from the dirt flying everywhere.

Tossing an exploding Kunai at I-9. didn't want to hit anyone with the overly large radius on that puppy
Attack roll for...the ground
[roll0]
Detonation damage
[roll1]

and ending up at P-5 Also presuming I could, if I get targeted again, Kawarimi out of the attack. (since I can't exactly call this between the time you target and the time you roll)

dethkruzer
2012-05-06, 02:09 AM
The clone can use techniques?! Observing the unusual capabilities of the clone, and the fact it hadn't even been scratched, Samidare was slowly getting worried. He had the element of surprise, so he reached into his bag, and pulled out a folded Fuuma shuriken, and a pair of Explosive tags.

He only would one shot at this, so he took a breath to calm himself down, attached the explosive tags to the big shuriken, and stepped out of hiding. Not wasting time, Samidare spun around his own length once before tossing the Fuuma shuriken at the clone. He then let his own spinning motion continue for a moment, before willing the tags to explode.

Moving to K9 and drawing the Fuuma shuriken and Explosive tags as part of the move action. also attaching tags to shuriken.
Fuuma Shuriken attack roll:[roll0]
Fuuma Shuriken Damage: [roll1]
Detonating the tags.
Explosive Tag damage: [roll2] and [roll3]

Jacior
2012-05-06, 02:23 PM
Three of the four Suto's put their hands together in a series of hands signs, the fourth ran around behind the tree. Let's see how the clone enjoys this... "Kazegama no Jutsu!" He released the chakra into a shredding wind, not that that he really expected it to do much.

Bunshin 3 moving behind the tree. Suto, 1 and 2 making the signs for Kazegama. Using empowered (5) Kazegama no Jutsu. [roll0] (6 chakra)

I really don't think this'll be necessary, so if it's not, then I don't want to waste the chakra.

canc3rkill3r
2012-05-07, 02:00 PM
Jacoir can you roll your damage for Kazegama no Jutsu and also where exactly does the 3rd bunshin go?

Jacior
2012-05-07, 02:55 PM
I thought I did roll, but here: [roll0]. And Bunshin #3 should end up approximately in M2. But M1 is a possibility too.

canc3rkill3r
2012-05-07, 04:42 PM
The clone started to unsheathe his katana as Shido threw another explosive as a distraction. His throw was horribly off mark, bouncing the charged kunai towards Iaite who was sitting on a tree branch watching the battle progress. The ensuing explosion did nothing but tax his sensei's patience regarding Shido's fetish for things that go boom. Samidare took the opportunity to launch a suprise attack against the clone and the fuuma shuriken found its target as Iaite's clone was none the wiser.

As the shuriken connected it immediately exploded with a blast larger than a standard tag's yield. The smoke cleared with the clone minus half an arm and heavily damaged. Rising to its feet the rock clone was met with another attack, this time from Suto. Razer thin slices of air minced the clone into pieces of gravel. As Iaite's clone seemed to be felled a puff of smoke appeared, leaving behind half an arm from the elbow down. Iaite chuckled a bit to himself. These kids have promise..

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/KrT2oo8/team5encounter3.jpg

Legend:
Black - Clone
Orange - Iaite
Blue - Samidare
Teal - Shido
Gray - Suto
Gray w/ lines - Suto Bunshins

Initiative:
Clone
Shido
Samidare
Suto

It was a Kawarimi!
Spot checks for everyone

Jacior
2012-05-07, 04:50 PM
GAH! I wasted Chakra on that! EVIL! Spot: [roll0] I have no ranks in spot! Nor is it a class skill... Hmph!

EDIT: FANTASTIC! Apparently I can't see dirt.

Suto was on guard immediately. Where had the clone gone? Unfortunately, thank's to the explosive smoke left by one Shusuke Shido, he couldn't see anything at all. "Ahgk"

LordDice
2012-05-07, 06:07 PM
Spot [roll0]

Thoroughly enjoying the explosions, Shido attempts to peer through the dust to see where the clone went.

dethkruzer
2012-05-08, 01:55 AM
"Damnation" Samidare cursed by himself, the element of surprise had been lost, or rather forfeit to the enemy. He tried his best to remain alert of his surroundings, but at the same time realized he could not just sit there and wait.

He focused on producing Chakra for a moment, before doing a series of hand signs. "Bunshin no Jutsu" And where he once stood alone, there was now six. The six Samidares began spreading out, all of them drawing the Kusari-Gamas hanging from the waist.

Spot: [roll0]
Using Bunshin no Jutsu, placing clones on J9, J10, K10, L9, and L10.
Moving to M5, while drawing Kusari-Gama.
Bunshin 1(J9) moves to E8
Bunshin 2(J10) moves to H5
Bunshin 3 (K10) stays still
Bunshin 4(L9) moves to P5
Bunshin 5 (L10) moves to N8

canc3rkill3r
2012-05-08, 06:14 PM
As the smoke cleared the Genin searched for the injured rock clone. Their efforts were in vain, for the Jonin class shinobi was too stealthy and knew exactly where not to hide. As Samidare and his bunshins spread out to take him out of the sneak attack equation an explosion went off. A small crater replaced a Samidare standing beside the fire pit. It seems they've stumbled on one of my surprises. Using the blast as a diversion the rock clone suddenly appeared behind the large group of Sutos. He slammed his fist in the ground dispersing the three regular clones around him and knocking Suto on his back. The clone looked heavily damaged, missing half of its left arm and 'bleeding' earth and rocks from the wounds on its back.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/KrT2oo8/team5encounter4.jpg

Legend:
Black - Clone
Orange - Iaite
Blue - Samidare
Blue w/ numbers - Samidare Bunshins
Teal - Shido
Gray - Suto

Initiative:
Clone
Shido
Samidare
Suto

Suto - 7 dmg and prone

Jacior
2012-05-08, 06:40 PM
Can I not do a kawarimi to avoid the attack? I mean, if I can't I'll accept my fate.

LordDice
2012-05-08, 07:10 PM
Annoyed that his explosions seem to be shrugged off, he reaches into his pouch and pulls out a kunai and a tag, quickly chucking the kunai as a distraction he starts charging the tag.

Still set to Kawarimi if targeted.
Attack for the Kunai (presuming I've got LoS...I'm not sure where the trunk of that tree is supposed to be)
[roll0] (-4 for being in melee range of Suto already taken off)
Dam [roll1]

Chakra Control check for charging a tag
[roll2]

dethkruzer
2012-05-09, 02:42 AM
Something exploded by the firepit, and one of Samidare's Bunshins was gone. He then quickly scanned the immediate area and realized that all of Suto's clones had vanished, and when he saw the rock clone, Samidare almost panicked, almost.

Samidare, and his bunshins charged toward the clone, the real thing letting go of the sickle at the end of his kusari-gama, and swinging it, bholding by the chain.

Moving to M2
Bunshin 1 moving to E2
Bunshin 3 moving to L4
Bunshin 4 moving to M1
Bunshin 5 moving to L3
Attacking with Kusari-gama with 10-foot reach.
Kusari-gama attack: [roll0]
Kusari-gama Damage: [roll1]

canc3rkill3r
2012-05-09, 04:35 AM
@Jacoir The clone was hidden and you guys flubbed on your spot rolls, so when he attacked you didn't get your dex bonus to defense. I don't think kawa works when you're dex bonus is denied.

Jacior
2012-05-09, 04:34 PM
Suto gritted his teeth. He was in a bad position. If he tried to stand, the clone would attack him. Likewise if he tried to attack, or make any hand signs. But, what about a technique without any hand signs? He needed to move first! He tried to climb to his feet and move away.

I hate being prone, so very much.

canc3rkill3r
2012-05-10, 02:41 PM
@Jacoir Are you going to use your attack action?

Jacior
2012-05-10, 03:41 PM
I thought I used up all my actions getting up and moing away.

Suto decided that it would be appropriate to do something other than run, and so he did. "Ninpou: Chakra no Ito."

Activating Ninpou: Chakra no Ito, making Class D chakra threads. 1 Chakra

canc3rkill3r
2012-05-12, 02:43 PM
The rock clone unsheathed its katana as Suto jumped to his feet and backed off a bit. Shido's kunai hit it's mark before Iaite's clone could do anything. The explosion caught both it and Suto, the former falling to the ground and struggling to get up. Samidare was quick to pick up the slack as the sickle of his kusari-gama beheaded the clone, turning it into rocks and sand. Alright! Step over here I'd like to talk to you. Iaite yelled out at his team and then jumped down from his post on the tree branch.

Suto make a reflex save

Jacior
2012-05-12, 06:39 PM
YOU TRIED TO BLOW ME UP! [roll0]

EDIT: Wait, Shido didn't even use an exploding anything! It was just a regular kunai!

dethkruzer
2012-05-13, 04:59 PM
Samidare turned to face Iaite after casually replacing his Kusari-gama on his waist and dismissing the remaining Bunshins. He then gave the Joonin a nod. "I understand sensei, but would you allow me check that whether or not my teammates have sustained any serious injuries." The med-nin spoke, trying to not give off any image of defying orders.

He then looked at his teammates, first Suto, then Shido. "Do you two need any patching up?"

LordDice
2012-05-13, 06:20 PM
Seeing the clone of his Sensei get beheaded Shido finally relaxed some, letting the charge he was building in the explosive tag dissipate before stowing it away in one of his cloak's pouches.

Hearing Samidare's offer he turns to his teammates I...Sorry I guess, lost my head with all the explosions.

Yeah, I could use a bit of help. He got me good early on with that blade.

Jacior
2012-05-14, 01:47 AM
Suto sighed and let the invisible strands dissipate harmlessly. He dusted his clothes off and took note of the cuts and scrapes on his person. He'd have to get new clothes because of this, blood does not come out easily.

He scowled. The first test they'd been given and is was the teams medical ninja that did most of the work. Shido however managed to do nothing but make himself a menace. Not that Suto thought it would happen much any other way.

He brushed off Samidare's offer to help. "I will be fine. Nothing broken." He made a point to ignore Shido though, it was like the fool was trying trying to blow them all up. He crossed his arms and walked over to where their new Sensei was standing.