View Full Version : Mount/Animal Companion help

gallagher
2012-05-04, 05:45 PM
So for the game that is about to start, we have a rule that HD for familiars, animal companions, and special mounts stack for purpose of their level-based bonii, but in return they can only progress as a familiar, animal companion, or special mount at a time. not only does this make classes like halfling outrider pointless (they already stack), but they can only count as one of them at any time.

for example, as of right now, i am planning on doing a bone knight build, and right now i have a Rhino Animal Companion at level 6 (4 levels of ranger, 1 prestige ranger, natural bond and he has the wartrained template from MMII makes him have 9 HD). with bone knight, its now going to count as either a special mount, or as an animal companion.

which abilities do you guys think i should go with?

for reference, i am a Cloistered Cleric 1/Ranger 4/ Prestige Ranger 1, and will be taking a level of ur priest before taking all 10 of bone knight. after that i am clueless as to what to do with the last 3 levels, and we are planning on going to 20. i am focusing on being the melee character, and using ur priest to buff if i have time, heal where i can spare it, and have some good utility if charging isnt the most efficient use of my move.

so i guess i need advice on the last three levels as well. any build help from equipment to feats to spells would be appreciated and considered