PDA

View Full Version : Druid//cleric gestalt progression and gear?

Lorgenz
2012-05-04, 09:24 PM
alright so im making a gestalt combo of druid//cleric. im starting at lvl 6. im planning on choosing two prestige class progressions, moon speaker on the druid side and bone knight on the cleric side. does anyone have additional ideas, and perhaps feat suggestions beyond dmm and natural spell as well as a shopping list with the assumption of an extremly large budget and good political influence and ecconomic influence.

Toliudar
2012-05-05, 12:22 AM
First, check this with your DM. The gestalt guidelines specifically disallow having prestige classes on both sides of the gestalt, which might get your build disallowed.

A common line of thought with gestalt builds is to have one side focus on passive bonuses, and the other side generate the abilities that you're going to use in combat/crisis situations. Both druid and cleric are pretty active classes, although with DMM persist, the cleric side can fade into the background a bit.

Your build is going to be pretty feat-intensive. DMM requires three feats. Natural Spell is very handy, and Worldly Focus is a requirement for Sovereign Speaker (If that's not the same as Moon Speaker - forgive me, but I don't know that one). So...pick domains that give you feats towards your goals. I'd follow up with Power Attack or something similar for your level 9 feat.

eggs
2012-05-05, 12:31 AM
Just to be clear, you're allowed to advance in 2 prestige classes at once?

I'd use Moonspeaker to advance Cleric for 4 levels, parallel to 4 extra levels of Druid. That would keep Wild Shape HD where they should be.

Reynard
2012-05-05, 12:45 AM
Remember that, whe the exception of a few weapons, using metal equipment will lose you your druid powers until a day after you take it all off.

So I'd actually suggest starting with Cloistered Cleric and ignoring the whole armour thing in favour of becoming that character who knows a lot about everything, has buff spells coming out of every orifice, and if things look really bad, can transform into a godda- god-blessed Bear Of Divinely Powered Retribution.

eggs
2012-05-05, 01:10 AM
Remember that, whe the exception of a few weapons, using metal equipment will lose you your druid powers until a day after you take it all off.
The exceptions being "everything that isn't armor"?

Lorgenz
2012-05-05, 10:28 PM
(deleted and re-posted for ungodly grammer X3)
Ok so first of all here’s what the DM is giving me. He’s letting me duel prestige for the two classes. For the cleric I am indeed taking cloistered cleric which I conveniently forgot to mention. As for armor and druid vows, the DM assumes that the bone armor for bone knights is in fact fully made of crafted bone, and chances are he will let its bonuses persist in wild shape.

Equipment wise I won’t want for gp in the near future so meta-magic on both druid and cleric abilities won’t be very difficult with rods. What other items and or class and feat choices might you all recommend?

On a side note the DM will allow me to have a bit of cheese if I can justify it in character.