PDA

View Full Version : End of Daylight OOC

Pages : [1] 2

Amondais
2012-05-05, 06:14 PM
Hello all~! First off I'd like to say I will be making a wiki for the game too. (Paperscrap gave me the idea.) But it's not up just yet. Til then I will post info in this thread. Also we can use this thread for leave messages, or post wish-lists ect.

Anyway, You will all be starting in the town of Nice

Nice
LN Large Town
Corruption -2; Crime 0; Economy 0; Law +1; Lore +4; Society -3
Qualities rumormongering citizens
Danger +5
Demographics
Government Magical
Population 3000 (80 Human, 9 Dwarf, 1 Elf, 9 Halfling, 1 Half-orc)
Notable NPCs
Lord El-mio, Magistrate (LN male human wizard 12)
Ronfar, Captain of the Militia (NG male human fighter 6)
Meredeth Hilltopple, High Priest of Pelor (NG female halfling cleric 10)
Marketplace
Base Value 2,000 gp; Purchase Limit 10,000 gp; Spellcasting 6th
Minor Items 3d4; Medium Items 2d4; Major Items 1d4

Nice for the past year has been playing host a mercenary band, called the Iron Wolves. While most of the band has been camped out at the entrance to the Dwarf Mines to the north, A large number still hang about town. While they generally stay out of trouble they have caused the citizens more than a little unrest.

Nice is also home to a large fish market, three taverns, a Blacksmith (albeit no longer producing goods, just selling stock. More on this below), A leather worker, a Alchemist, Apothecary, Mill, a general store, and one Inn. Most shops have a Booth in the town square where they sell their wares. Where they are joined by other traveling merchants who often have goods from across the sea, or from the capital to the south.

Outside of Nice, trouble is afoot... One week ago a wyvern stole three cows from a out lying farm. In the next two days it killed a farmer who tried to defend his flock. The Town magistrate has since put up a bounty on the beasts head. The Mercenary band has so far ignored the threat, preferring to sit and drink before rotated back to the work site. Due to the efforts of the town militia they have found where the beast makes its lair, but after a failed assault on the beast the volunteer militia can do little.

Yellow Eyes
2012-05-05, 06:31 PM
I wish for a scroll of wish.

Also, this is pretty cool. I'll probably start off chillin', not like a villain, someplace that people might like to witness An Barde Extraordinare perform and is within line of sight to the nearest important plot point. This is, of course, if I don't negotiate any prior character associations.

Also, what does Danger +5 mean? What is the average, and how terrified of this place should I be?

Amondais
2012-05-05, 07:31 PM
I wish for a scroll of wish.

Also, this is pretty cool. I'll probably start off chillin', not like a villain, someplace that people might like to witness An Barde Extraordinare perform and is within line of sight to the nearest important plot point. This is, of course, if I don't negotiate any prior character associations.

Also, what does Danger +5 mean? What is the average, and how terrified of this place should I be?

A settlement's danger value is a number that gives a general idea of how dangerous it is to live in the settlement. If you use wandering monster chart that uses percentile dice and ranks its encounters from lowest CR to highest CR, use the modifier associated with the settlement's danger value to adjust rolls on the encounter chart. A settlement's base danger value depends on its type.

Meaning it is possible to run into some trouble in town, like thugs and the like. (Or worse....)

Souhiro
2012-05-06, 08:23 AM
Yeah, i like this, too.

What does Corruption, Lore, Society... and the other means?

This place will be something a good place to start the tale of an undercover wizard!

Amondais
2012-05-06, 04:56 PM
Yeah, i like this, too.

What does Corruption, Lore, Society... and the other means?

This place will be something a good place to start the tale of an undercover wizard!

They are Modifiers on skills in some situations. For Example a settlement with a +10 corruption means guards are more easily bribed, or a city with a high lore means It has a well stocked library of some sort that you could use for looking up stuff.

Most of this however is stuff, the DM gets to worry about ;P

Souhiro
2012-05-08, 05:03 AM
Well, I have learnt something today:

Fireballs are THE UNIVERSAL REMEDY. There isn't ANYTHING you cannot solve with enough guano and sulphur.

xDDD You were worried when we were at top of the tower!!!

Yellow Eyes
2012-05-08, 03:10 PM

Fireballs are THE UNIVERSAL REMEDY. There isn't ANYTHING you cannot solve with enough guano and sulphur.

xDDD You were worried when we were at top of the tower!!!Worried? Not at all.

Terrified? Absolutely.

Amondais
2012-05-09, 08:18 PM
The Heroes had overheard a woman arguing with a group of three Iron Wolf Mercenaries, coming to her aid they quickly learned that a Wyvern had been plaguing the town. Futhermore the Woman's Husband Autur the town Smith had not yet returned from leading a group of militia to try and slay the monster.

After speaking with the Captain of the town Militia, Rufus the group was armed with knowledge of where the monster had made its lair and some anti-toxin to help fight off the deadly poison from the beasts sting. After a six hour journey the group arrived at the remains of an old fortress.

They had discovered the remains of eight members of the militia, leaving only Autur unaccounted for. During their search however the Wyvern left its roost in the tower and attacked. After a short battle the beast crashed to the ground.

Investigating the fortress they came across the bodies of several goblins one of whom was the Chief of the Goblin Clan Xxorb. Additionally the investigate revealed the Wyvern they killed to be a mother. After a failed attempt to befriend the chicks the group was forced to kill them lest they grow up and become a menace. However they took one strangely unhatched egg into their possession.

From there the group decided to investigate the Basement to the keep where they were attacked by no less than five goblin warriors and two goblin dogs.

-EXP gained-
1200 - each
-Items gained-
+1 Heavy Mace
+1 Chain mail
+1 Leather Armor
Wyvern Egg

-Quest Log-
Kill the Wyvern: Return head for Reward
Wyvern Tail/Venom Glad: Return Tail to the Apothicary
Blacksmith named Autur: Locate the large man somewhere in the Fortress.

Souhiro
2012-05-10, 06:31 AM

xDDD You were worried when we were at top of the tower!!!

One little thing.

Brendam has offered himself to make wondrous items, So.. if anyonbe want something, you only need to ask!
P.E. I was thinking in something like a Hat of Disguise for our Drow, a magic pipe, or Harp of Charming for our Bard, some boots of speed for our chiken-slaying ranger... or maybe some nice horseshoes of speed to our Lamia (Yes, you'll move ¿60? ¿80? feet per turn. Dimension Door is for Noobs when you can run at 400 Feet per Turn)

Amondais
2012-05-11, 07:17 PM
http://endofdaylight.wikia.com/wiki/End_of_Daylight_Wiki Wiki page is up

on going WIP

Paperscrap
2012-05-11, 09:36 PM
Oh wow I didn't even realize we had a thread here.

HI GUYS.

Souhiro
2012-05-12, 05:29 PM
I wrote a little bit about my character, his background, his family, favourite things to do and not to do...

Also, I took the liberty of adding all our wiki-pages to a category: PCs.

Paperscrap, why don't you schematize a bit your story? it makes more easy to read, and wiki tags make it also an easy task. It's something like

== Background ==
blah
===Infancy===
bleh
===Adolescent years===
blih
===Mature===
bloh

== Friends and archenemies ==
bluh

It creates the index, automatically.

Paperscrap
2012-05-12, 07:01 PM
Haha, to be honest I don't really know if I could easily do that without rewriting it (which was a paiiiiiiin). It's my hopes that none of my background elements will even really be coming up other than the lamp she's after, either, so it doesn't seem like it's really worthwhile! The block of text is pretty much unreadable in its current state but I think it pretty much glosses over everything at least.

Amondais
2012-05-13, 06:19 AM
Honestly I did not have much trouble in reading the Page for Anara. Ultimately what each character does with their respective page is their call. As least having the back story written up their, wishlist, possible goals and the like is enough.

While you can feel free to expand on your character... Aside from maybe one or two personal character hooks, don't expect most of it to come up in game.

Just a reminder, May 14th the game will be starting at 3pm EST.
We will be picking up where we left off. Having just slain five goblins and two goblin dogs.

Yellow Eyes
2012-05-15, 04:17 AM
Threw some stuff on the wiki since I couldn't sleep. Will add more when I get home from work later today.

Souhiro
2012-05-24, 06:39 AM
Can anyone tell me how the session ended? I fell asleep (It wat 5AM in Spain, and when I wrote that, I knew that could not open my eyes one more time)

Paperscrap
2012-05-24, 11:46 AM
Hey there Souhiro,

Not a whole lot more! We actually called it like 15 minutes after you left, all we did was just divide up the loot we found (which I think amon and rin took notes of to put on the wiki) and tie up the cultist who got knocked out.

Amondais
2012-05-24, 06:41 PM
Sorry, got the update on the wiki now.

Amondais
2012-05-26, 10:35 PM
I current am having issues with my internet service provider.
Hopefully it will be cleared up before 3pm monday.

Souhiro
2012-05-29, 08:51 PM
Hi!

I was looking some nifty spells for the new level, and I stumbled upon this one:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/p/protective-penumbra

Basically, it gives a +2 to save against sunburns... and a creature with weakness to light, like Light Sensitivity, can ignore it for the duration of the spell (10 min/lvl)

I was thinking, using Craft Wondrous, could Brendam craft some kind of "Penumbra Googles" for our dear Drow Paladin and Dhampir-Like Ranger?

Paperscrap
2012-05-30, 10:59 AM
If you can make cool steampunk goggles with those I'm sold! It does seem like might be a solution - I think Dezzra needs them more than I do though since her light sensitivity is worse

Souhiro
2012-05-30, 01:29 PM
Ok, then if Amon agrees that those can be made , then Dezza would go first (unless she preffers the ribbon)
Then Isaac will get his token whips.
Brendam will make a pearl for himself (he deserves it)
And... well, I hope that when it's Sshenvi's turn, we have enough gold for making her magic Keen scabbard!

Amondais
2012-05-30, 08:03 PM
Ahh just a notice but Sshenvi is no longer playing with us.
as far as the goggles and crafting goes... 6000gp to craft those.

Just keep in mind those goggles would take 6 days to craft.

Souhiro
2012-06-01, 02:44 AM
You'll be missed, Sshenvi.

http://www.deviantart.com/download/127571579/Fighting_spirit_by_Karbo.jpg

It was a short trip, but we'll miss you.

Amondais
2012-06-05, 09:03 PM
http://endofdaylight.wikia.com/wiki/Lewt

need to sort out loot and divide it up. Also El-mio is willing to give you guys a place to store your treasures for now.

Feel free to discuss the loot here and anything you don't want to use can be marked with -Storage or -Sell (for when you decide to spend a day attempting to sell loot. Nice can only handle up to a 10,000gp item purchase)
Equipment and Magic Items sell for 50% of the listed market price.
Jewels Sell for however much your appraise check guesses their worth.

I would like to handle buying and selling of loot between sessions when it is possible... like it is now since we ended with all of you in Nice.

**Edited for clarification**

Paperscrap
2012-06-05, 09:29 PM
A list of the items we can sell:

+1 Chainmail - 575 gp
+1 Heavy Mace - 1,006 gp
3 Rubies - 300 gp
+1 Half Plate - 800 gp
+2 Chainmail - 2,075 gp
Falchion +1 - 1,038 gp
Great Club +1 - 1,002 gp
Breastplate +1 - 600 gp
Diamond - 1,000 gp
+1 Hand Axe of Mighty Cleaving - 4,006 gp

-------------------
Proposed sell list:

+1 Hand Axe of Mighty Cleaving - 4,006 gp
+1 Half Plate - 800 gp
+2 Chainmail - 2,075 gp
Falchion +1 - 1,038 gp
Great Club +1 - 1,002 gp
+1 Heavy Mace - 1,006 gp
+1 Chainmail - 575 gp
3 Rubies - 300 gp
Breastplate +1 - 600 gp
Diamond - 1,000 gp
= 13,302 gp + 242 gp (looted in gold and platinum) = 3,386 gp each
------------------
Leaves us with:

Cultist's Pants - Priceless

-------------------

So a total of 3,386 gp each (includes the 242 gp that we looted in gold and platinum).

Masterwork cost was not included in the rough estimate above but I went back and did that (75 for armor, 150 for weapons)!

Amondais
2012-06-05, 09:55 PM
the 10,000gp limit on Nice does not mean you can only sell up to 10,000gp at a time It means the most a merchant can pay for any single item is 10,000gp. Should have been more clear on that. Sorry

Souhiro
2012-06-06, 02:14 AM
That's good for me. most of the stuff is useless for Brendam!

PS: Heh... I didn't know the "No Hero Discount" that was a funny one!

And remembrer: Behoooooold the wizaaaard. Bewaaare his poweeeeers!

Yellow Eyes
2012-06-06, 02:59 AM
That's good for me. most of the stuff is useless for Brendam!

PS: Heh... I didn't know the "No Hero Discount" that was a funny one!

And remembrer: Behoooooold the wizaaaard. Bewaaare his poweeeeers!You aren't a duck, so you can't have that as your theme.

Amondais
2012-06-06, 04:41 AM
You aren't a duck, so you can't have that as your theme.

Already being used as my offline D&D characters theme.

Yellow Eyes
2012-06-06, 07:16 AM
Already being used as my offline D&D characters theme.
Then I suppose you're a duck?

Also, I noticed we had a set of Cultist's Pants.

W-when did this happen?

Souhiro
2012-06-06, 08:20 AM
You aren't a duck, so you can't have that as your theme.

Transmutation School:
At 8th level, you can change your shape for a number of rounds per day equal to your wizard level. These rounds do not need to be consecutive. This ability otherwise functions like beast shape II or elemental body I. At 12th level, this ability functions like beast shape III or elemental body II.

I'm only 2 levels away of being a duck. I'm gonna be the most powerful duck ever!!!

Amondais
2012-06-09, 05:35 PM
Then I suppose you're a duck?

Also, I noticed we had a set of Cultist's Pants.

W-when did this happen?

Gilles's pants apparently... Might wanna hang onto them. When you combine them with the Golden and Silver Pantaloons who knows what could happen.

Yellow Eyes
2012-06-10, 05:20 AM
Gilles's pants apparently... Might wanna hang onto them. When you combine them with the Golden and Silver Pantaloons who knows what could happen.
Dibs on the power pantaloon battle armor. Bard Dovahkiin Golem is best golem.

Souhiro
2012-06-10, 08:40 AM
Gilles patns were blue, weren't it?

So, in Racoon City, if you combine blue pants, with red pants and green pants, you get an item of healing that...

Oh wait, it was pants of plants?

Amondais
2012-06-18, 10:53 PM
Loot is posted on the wiki http://endofdaylight.wikia.com/wiki/Lewt
feel free to discuss it.

Yellow Eyes
2012-06-20, 10:25 AM
The battle axe of giant murder should go to Dezzra; keep it for when we need to murder ogres and such.

The rapier should either go to me, Brendam or Dezzra, or simply be sold. The +2 is interesting enough, but the sleep effects are not particularly powerful. The immunity to sleep effects really only benefits either me or Anara, but I know Isaac enjoys napping far too much to consider it anything but a curse.

The whip is mine, and I will fight you all for it.

Anara takes pick of the armors if they are an improvement, and we sell the rest.

Paperscrap
2012-06-20, 11:29 AM
I'm cool with that! I don't actually care for any of the armors as only leather armor >+1 or a mithril breastplate would be an upgrade; Dezzra mentioned I could have her old one if we can find an upgrade anyways. I'll take the lightning bow, but to be honest unless I can get its mighty property changed there's really not much sense in keeping it; I'm trading 2 strength damage for an average 3.5 lightning damage and a much higher cost of enchanting. Obviously the lightning comes out a little bit on top for the moment, but it certainly wouldn't be the long term option.

Amondais
2012-06-20, 03:52 PM
You can increase the Mighty property on a composite longbow. Not yourself! Unless you have the relevant craft skill. But you are near a camp of mercenaries so finding someone in charge of bow-upkeep and repair would be easy enough. You will have to pay 100gp per increase/decrease in the mighty quality.

also I forgot to mention EXP has been updated on the wiki.

The whip is mine, and I will fight you all for it.
What if it was intended for a Belmont?

Yellow Eyes
2012-06-20, 09:07 PM
What if it was intended for a Belmont?
If you reread my character's backstory, you will note that Isaac's father was an unnamed adventurer that he never knew.

Now, I'm not SAYING that his real name is Isaac Belmont, but... no wait, that's exactly what I'm saying.

Souhiro
2012-06-25, 02:32 AM
Just one thing... if Brendam got the Neversleep, would he be able to craft while the party is sleeping? You know... Our Poor Dezzra needs her Hat of Disquise (She must be cooking herself inside that armor!) Isaac deserves the token whips (Take that, Alucard! Spendable Whip Familiars!) and so...

Souhiro
2012-06-26, 03:21 AM
Ok, time to decide!

In Size and Magic Items (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/magicItems.html) it says that most of magic armor adjust itself for the wearer (That isn't armo0r, that is a plugsuit from Evangelion!) altough there can be exceptions... Amon has the last word about that... but let's go deciding, don't you?

Magic Items for the Lords of Magic.

Ring of Delayed Doom (1 stone) 2500gp - undetermined
Belt of Giant Strength +4 (Anara)
Deadly Needle (Anara)

Unbeatable Armor for the Unbeatable Four

Amulet of Natural Armor +2 4000gp - undetermined
Mithril Heavy Shield +2 2510 gp - Dezzra
+2 Studded Leather 2000gp - undetermined
+1 Leather Armor of Light Fortification 2000gp - undetermined
Large Mithril Fullplate Armor +1, (It looks like it has Dezzra name on it)
Large Steel Shield +1,
Belt of Bluntness (gives 5 resistance to Slashing)
Bracers of Armor +3 (Brendam)

Weapons of Mass Destruction for Persons of Mass Destruction

+1 Battle Axe Giants Bane 4155gp - undetermined (Dezzra)
"Elf Mocking" +1 Composite Longbow of Lightning (16 STR) 4350gp - Anara
+1 Flaming Whip 4150gp - Isaac's new BFF
Large Warhammer +2,
Neversleep - (Dezzra or Brendam (Even if Dezzra is going to keep it, Bren would ask it for the remaining of the dungeon, since he's almoust out of blast.) )

Sweet Money and Valuables
[LIST]
4000gp - to be divided?

If the bracers don't stack with armor, then Brendam would be the only one who could benefit from it, if not... he would relinquish it (he avoids melee like an ogre would avoid water and soap)
He also feels trolled by Anara's new bow. Elf Mocking?

Yellow Eyes
2012-06-28, 01:37 AM
Ok, time to decide!

In Size and Magic Items (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/magicItems.html) it says that most of magic armor adjust itself for the wearer (That isn't armo0r, that is a plugsuit from Evangelion!) altough there can be exceptions... Amon has the last word about that... but let's go deciding, don't you?

Magic Items for the Lords of Magic.

Ring of Delayed Doom (1 stone) 2500gp - undetermined
Belt of Giant Strength +4 (Anara)
Deadly Needle (Anara)

Unbeatable Armor for the Unbeatable Four

Amulet of Natural Armor +2 4000gp - undetermined
Mithril Heavy Shield +2 2510 gp - Dezzra
+2 Studded Leather 2000gp - undetermined
+1 Leather Armor of Light Fortification 2000gp - undetermined
Large Mithril Fullplate Armor +1, (It looks like it has Dezzra name on it)
Large Steel Shield +1,
Belt of Bluntness (gives 5 resistance to Slashing)
Bracers of Armor +3 (Brendam)

Weapons of Mass Destruction for Persons of Mass Destruction

+1 Battle Axe Giants Bane 4155gp - undetermined (Dezzra)
"Elf Mocking" +1 Composite Longbow of Lightning (16 STR) 4350gp - Anara
+1 Flaming Whip 4150gp - Isaac's new BFF
Large Warhammer +2,
Neversleep - (Dezzra or Brendam (Even if Dezzra is going to keep it, Bren would ask it for the remaining of the dungeon, since he's almoust out of blast.) )

Sweet Money and Valuables
[LIST]
4000gp - to be divided?

If the bracers don't stack with armor, then Brendam would be the only one who could benefit from it, if not... he would relinquish it (he avoids melee like an ogre would avoid water and soap)
He also feels trolled by Anara's new bow. Elf Mocking?
Unless Dezz already has an amulet of natural armor, the +2 should most def go to her. If she already has one, I will gladly pay her tuesday for the one she has today.

I also think that the belt of strength +4 should go to her; anara already does more damage than any ranger has a right to, and dezz could use a bit of a buff in both attack and damage. Spreading the damage output so that we dont rely so much on a single ally seems like a more efficient plan.

As for the belt of bluntness... well damn, that's a tough one. Again, the only one i can think of who would gain major benefit from that would be dezz, but as I don't have a belt at the moment and I occasionally duke it out melee-ish, I wouldn't mind making use of it.

I would be genuinely shocked if anara couldn't make use of that +2 studded leather. If not, I'll take that too; it'll cut down on my weight and my scp.

Large warhammer+2- don't large versions of 1 handed weapons count as 2 handed weapons for medium creatures? Or am I talking about my well-toned ass? If they do, give it to anara for the melee murdering. If not, chuck it in the "soon to be money" pile.

And no, I don't think bracers of armor stack with normal armor, since they are both armor type bonuses. Brendam is the only one who can benefit from them at the moment.

Everything else that I haven't mentioned and isn't yet associated with someone can go in that ever growing pile, too.

Paperscrap
2012-06-28, 02:07 AM
Naw, I don't actually need any of that; my dex is too high for the studded leather to come of any use. I would like to point out that spare AC boosters are pretty important for this character, though, whether I'm in melee with whatever 2handed weapon we loot that none of the party needs or off tanking with a bow (I have a lot of dex that lends to a naturally okayish AC, and my HP is d10 based)

Souhiro
2012-06-28, 05:20 AM
In the Wiki, there's written something about a headband of INT... I don't know when we found it... but I think that it has "WIZARD" written on it,

Paperscrap, The Belt of Bluntness could go to your animal Companion! He will grow Large soon, but you can put it then as a collar, like Yugi did to himself.

Also, Brendam the wizzard have a nice spell under his wizzardry sleeve: Shrink Item. It would be used to shrink the chest to the size of a Lego, so it doesn't weight much (it has a duration of X Days per Level); but maybe it may be used to shrink the weapons, armors and the like to Medium Size.

Yellow Eyes
2012-06-28, 02:07 PM
Then I suppose I'll take that studded leather armor +2 and chuck my +1 chain shirt. You know how I feel about everything else, up to you to agree or disagree.

Yellow Eyes
2012-06-28, 02:08 PM
In the Wiki, there's written something about a headband of INT... I don't know when we found it... but I think that it has "WIZARD" written on it,

I noticed that too, and I was like "what" because I hadn't noticed us getting it. I'm surprised you don't already have one.

Souhiro
2012-06-29, 06:17 AM
I noticed that too, and I was like "what" because I hadn't noticed us getting it. I'm surprised you don't already have one.

I only have two words for it: DIRT POOR.

Well. If both Dezz & Anara has belts of STR, I suppose I can ditch the Bull Strengh from my repertorie. I think I'll get a Fog cloud. It can be VERY useful, since most of our group isn't melee. But I still don't know: This spell will damper the archer's shooting?

Also, altough itcan be overkilling... well, we could go back to the fort (the one where the Wyvern) take the ballista, and use the Shrink Item on it and carry everywhere.
It takes two turns to reload... or none, if I cast Reloading Hands! on it!

also... what about this one (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/u/unnatural-lust)? Pair it with Phantom Chariot (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/p/phantom-chariot), Phantom Driver (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/p/phantom-driver) and Mage's Magnificent Mansion (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/m/mage-s-magnificent-mansion).

Who wants Charisma when we can cast this one (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/u/unnatural-lust) and have such a pad?

Yellow Eyes
2012-06-29, 05:16 PM
also... what about this one (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/u/unnatural-lust)? Pair it with Phantom Chariot (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/p/phantom-chariot), Phantom Driver (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/p/phantom-driver) and Mage's Magnificent Mansion (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/m/mage-s-magnificent-mansion).

Who wants Charisma when we can cast this one (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/u/unnatural-lust) and have such a pad?
The six seconds it lasts wouldn't even be enough to bring 'em back to the pad. You just jelly of mah 20 cha.

Souhiro
2012-06-30, 03:33 PM
The six seconds it lasts wouldn't even be enough to bring 'em back to the pad. You just jelly of mah 20 cha.

xDDDD I was hinking about... what if we have to fight a sorcerer (who draws his powers from CHA) and I use that spell to make him to kiss the butt of a horse? would that lower his CHA?

Paperscrap
2012-06-30, 07:04 PM
It would certainly lower his dignity I imagine (unless he was a brony, then there might not be an effect)

Amondais
2012-06-30, 08:13 PM
The Applications for that spell are terrifying...

Ogre + Grey Ooze
Goblin + Horse (funny considering goblins fear...)
Druid + Tree, ohh wait that one is normal.

Just a reminder, I wanna try and do D&D tomorrow (Sunday 3pm EST) If you guys can't make it then you can't make it.

Souhiro
2012-07-05, 02:21 AM
Ok... when it will be the next session?

I have the strange need to Fireball RinDritini, for no reason.

Amondais
2012-07-05, 08:37 AM
Ok... when it will be the next session?

I have the strange need to Fireball RinDritini, for no reason.

Monday, July 9th at 3pm EST

Souhiro
2012-07-06, 02:06 AM
I think that I'll first make the hat she asked, then the visor... and a flameproof vest. she'll need it!

Souhiro
2012-07-09, 02:29 AM
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090118154957/es.starwars/images/4/47/Rotta.jpg

Sshenvi is a mother!

Paperscrap
2012-07-09, 07:31 AM
That looks disturbing!

Just as an FYI, there's a very good chance I'll be late today so feel free to start without me - I'll try to get on when I can.

Souhiro
2012-07-13, 05:37 AM
Well, the image was one of a baby Hutt (Jaba el Hutt) from Star Wars.

and... Female Hutt exists!

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/9/99/QueenJool.jpg
I hope that Sshenvi wasn't like her!

PS: How did Sshenvi sat, ride an animal, or got in and out of her bed?

Amondais
2012-07-13, 12:30 PM
Well, the image was one of a baby Hutt (Jaba el Hutt) from Star Wars.

and... Female Hutt exists!

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/9/99/QueenJool.jpg
I hope that Sshenvi wasn't like her!

PS: How did Sshenvi sat, ride an animal, or got in and out of her bed?

Fortunately
Female Hutts do not exist... all huts are hermaphrodites.

Souhiro
2012-07-16, 07:28 AM
You know that Brendam only needs to get "Polymorph" (He would get it anyway)

xDDDD I'm thinking about how to use and abuse this spell!!!

- Like Transmuting Dezzra into... a blonde female hutt.
- Transmuting an ugly girl into the prettiest, hottest and sexiest girl ever and introducing her to Isaac (Polymorph has a limited duration)
- Transmuting cheap food into delicacies. (when the spell expires, whe would have eaten it, yet)
- Transmuting Anara into Godzilla.
- Heck, transmuting everyone of un into a tarrasque.

Amondais
2012-07-16, 12:49 PM
I apologize everyone.
There is an emergency at work and they have called me in to cover for someone. :(
Anyway I hope all of you have a good day and look forward to playing with all of you next Monday.

Yellow Eyes
2012-07-16, 02:05 PM
- Transmuting an ugly girl into the prettiest, hottest and sexiest girl ever and introducing her to Isaac (Polymorph has a limited duration)
It's almost as if you know exactly how to break my already fragile mind.

Of course, you realize that if you did this I would end up becoming the BBEG.

Souhiro
2012-07-18, 04:01 PM
Naaah, THIS will do:

Baleful Polymorph: Transmute Isaac into Meg Griffin.

Amondais
2012-07-21, 05:33 PM
Don't worry folks~! We are playing monday at 3pm. Though my typing may be a bit slow depending on how well my left hand has healed. ((Wiped out on my moped ><))

Anyway look forward to playing with all of you monday

Yellow Eyes
2012-07-21, 08:48 PM
Don't worry folks~! We are playing monday at 3pm. Though my typing may be a bit slow depending on how well my left hand has healed. ((Wiped out on my moped ><))

Anyway look forward to playing with all of you mondayMoped?

Really?

*snkr*

Souhiro
2012-07-23, 06:12 AM
Moped? you mean... cleaning the floor?

(Heh, when I broke my arm, in april, it was looking at a -very short- skirt. I think my story is funnier!)

PS: Brendam Fireballs Dezzra: [roll0]

Yellow Eyes
2012-07-24, 10:39 AM
Moped? you mean... cleaning the floor?

(Heh, when I broke my arm, in april, it was looking at a -very short- skirt. I think my story is funnier!)

PS: Brendam Fireballs Dezzra: [roll0]
http://www.saferwholesale.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/50cc%20sicily%20moped%20scooter%20-%20h.jpg

This is a moped, a sort of poor man's motorcycle. They can almost make it badass, liek this,

http://mopeds.net/assets/images/01fast%20electric.gif

but cool american people, like me, look at one, no matter how much the silliness is diluted with badass, and go

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/3/32510/1405874-beef_taco_super.png

Of course, there are exceptions, and I'm sure Amon is one of them. That is to say, please don't kill Isaac.

Souhiro
2012-07-24, 11:48 PM
Okazz. Here, we called'em "Vespino" or "Moilette" (In Southamerica they're called Scooterz)

Anyway... Do anybody knbows how many HP we got each level?

[1d6+4]

Yellow Eyes
2012-07-26, 12:46 AM
Okazz. Here, we called'em "Vespino" or "Moilette" (In Southamerica they're called Scooterz)

Anyway... Do anybody knbows how many HP we got each level?

[1d6+4]your HD (6) plus whatever your con modifier is.

Souhiro
2012-07-26, 04:40 AM
Okay guys.

Next encounters may be easier: A dose of Evard's Back Spiked Tentacles of Forced and Painful Stingy Intrusion, for rendering the enemies as sitting ducks to Anara's Bow, and Mass Reduce Person to render them helpless to Dezzra's Blade.

Maybe Brendam don't blast very much (He usually only fireballs Dezzra) but that's the controller's fate!

Souhiro
2012-07-31, 07:08 AM
I updated the Lewt, so we can discuss what we want

Charm Person and Monster may need some CHA check, so this staff looks made for Isaac. Brendam can look for a "Charm Person" scroll, copy it into the Grimoire and recharge daily for Isaac.

Next time we rest, Brendam should end the work in Dezzra's Pink Ribbon of a Hundred Disguises, so she won't need to eat wile donning the helmet, and such.

Also... Please Yellow Eyes, try to update something! you're The One Who Know Things!

Yellow Eyes
2012-07-31, 02:34 PM
I updated the Lewt, so we can discuss what we want

Charm Person and Monster may need some CHA check, so this staff looks made for Isaac. Brendam can look for a "Charm Person" scroll, copy it into the Grimoire and recharge daily for Isaac.

Next time we rest, Brendam should end the work in Dezzra's Pink Ribbon of a Hundred Disguises, so she won't need to eat wile donning the helmet, and such.

Also... Please Yellow Eyes, try to update something! you're The One Who Know Things!Update what now?

Amondais
2012-08-01, 12:23 AM
FYI

You all learned enough EXP that you should be level 8 now after putting Shrike to rest.

Souhiro
2012-08-01, 06:16 AM
:( So... Dezzra retires?

(Sigh! I'll miss fireballing her, your new monk will have evasion!)

Yellow Eyes
2012-08-01, 10:43 AM
So wait, what? Dezz is rerolling?

A monk?

Exactly what I wanted to be if I rerolled?

Well ****.

Paperscrap
2012-08-01, 11:07 AM
You could always make a monk too if you wanted, Isaac! I don't think the party would really suffer from having a second of the same class or anything. I've got a 2h fighter coming as well - it kind of seems like now's the time to reroll if we're going to do it. I guess our new player is a druid if I remember right, as well.

Souhiro
2012-08-01, 02:38 PM
Heh, I was thinking about reroll as a Monk-Rogue, who uses powder, but as distrction, who relies in shadows, bluffs and teatralism (I hope that is the correct word)

He would use black powder, but not as a weapon, but as a distraction.

He would be in a crusade

He would be called... Läderlappen (http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/3125/1399173-lad197901_super.jpg)

Yes, that (http://desmotivaciones.es/demots/201205/laderlappen.jpg) Läderlappen.

Paperscrap
2012-08-01, 08:48 PM
http://celebteenlaundry.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles.jpg

ALL MONK PARTY!

I actually don't think that would be so bad when you think of the sheer amount of combat maneuvers and punches flying around everywhere.

Also, stop showing off your ability to put little accent marks above your a's Brendam, you're making us USians jealous

Amondais
2012-08-02, 02:34 AM
An all monk party scares your DM

Souhiro
2012-08-02, 04:07 AM
There's nomething more frightening that an "All-monk Party"

All-Monk with an Mystic Theurge, casting "Mass Mage Armor", "Mass Barkskin", "Mass Enlarge Person" and such!

Dezz, your dwarf looks... SCARY AS HELL! She can attack 4 times without droping a sweat... but with some help, your ki, and such... I think she'll deserve the nickname "Hylda, the Meatgrinder"!

Also, and I recenly saw Eris here!
Heh, this party looks that is made to subvert the "Girls Cast, Boys Brawl" trope

Paperscrap
2012-08-02, 07:43 PM
Midgard is an equal opportunity employer of adventurers!

Souhiro
2012-08-03, 07:09 AM
Heheh... I have noticed that Anara and Hylda have Darkvision. And granting Darkvision to Eris would be just another spell, too.

I'm looking forward that nifty DARKNESS spell!

Yellow Eyes
2012-08-05, 11:09 AM
My monk was going to be named Hattori Fourteen-Leaf-Puncher. He's build for damage, what with his Dragon Style and what not. He was supposed to be a young guy who came from a sheltered monastery and made rather pathetic attempts to bluff people into thinking he was just another native of wherever they happened to be so that he could act without suspicion. His goal was to discover the meaning of a spiritual question he could never understand ("What can crush a foe a fist cannot touch?"). He would frequently test this by punching people he thought deserved it and see who wouldn't be hurt. No one so far.

Also, whenever he would mention fighting, destroying, defending, etc, he would say "punching" in place of the proper verb.

The other guy was just going to be a blaster sorcerer to supplement Bren's controlling and buffing. He had a good number of spells known and per day, did a ton of damage, and had Leadership.

This is conflicting though. I want to play both of those characters at some point, but Isaac is FUN. Even while he's not exactly a powerhouse in combat, knowing things that no one else does and waiting to spring it on everyone at just the right time is quite entertaining.

I dunno, you guys think a damage monk or a blaster sorc with leadership would be more useful than a buffing/disabling bard? They'd certainly be more fun in combat, but I'm not sure about outside of it.

Paperscrap
2012-08-05, 11:28 AM
Haha, both of those ideas seem pretty cool to me, though I did like Isaac too. Honestly I think it kind of depends on just what -you- wanted to play in the party, and what your gut instinct is telling you! It seems like it'd be a good time to switch characters if you're going to do it, and really there's not much that the party necessarily -needs- (though having someone who can tap everyone with a light healing wand after combat would be really awesome). Your bard's music was a huge buff as +3 attack and damage cannot be overlooked, but having another character who's more offensively minded would likely make up the difference. After that, the only real thing that would be lost in switching is a party face, but that doesn't really seem to be quite as important in this campaign anyways.

Yellow Eyes
2012-08-05, 03:46 PM
I think I'll keep Isaac for now; the +3 attack and damage for everyone's attacks, plus confusions and Weird Words and eventually STAVES (staves everywhere) is a pretty nifty amount of damage contributed. Seriously, my Use Magic Device is maxed, so I'm going to make use of whatever staves I can get my hands on (specifically Staff of Evocation and whatever other damage staves I can claim). This way, I'm not limited to single target damage and disables when neither is of much use (ex: swarm of zombies). I'll just save the awesome monk for whenever Isaac dies, which won't be long since we don't have Dezzra to restore constitution I lose from being poisoned.

Besides, so far we haven't really had a need for a party face, but should we ever Isaac'll be there. SOMEONE has to be the pretty one with a million charisma, or else we're hardly heroes, are we?

Yellow Eyes
2012-08-05, 04:39 PM
So uh, since Dezzra and Anara aren't going to need their swag anymore, do we get to sell it and/or make use of it? I've got some ambitions that would kick ass if they worked out, but they require funding. I'm taking the term "Retired" seriously here and choosing to believe that they are giving up their adventuresome ways and opening an inn or something somewhere, where they won't need awesome weapons and armors.

Also, very sad news. I was perusing the Bard's entry in the PRD and discovered something horrifying. I misread the 7th level Inspire Competence +3 as Inspire Courage +3. Inspire Courage is still +2, and we've been cheating THIS ENTIRE TIME. I'm mostly sorry about that.

Souhiro
2012-08-06, 02:20 AM
¡ :o !

We have been CHEATING so hard!
As a penance, Brendam will cast Spiked Black Tentacles and Permamency in our bedrolls.

Or "Unnatural Lust" to Mothra (http://monsterawarenessmonth.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/mothra-9.jpg)

Also, I'm thining about Prestiging Brendam as a Cyphermage. Yeah, that would make him to change his wardrobe, from LotR to The Matrix...

Amondais
2012-08-06, 02:05 PM
So uh, since Dezzra and Anara aren't going to need their swag anymore, do we get to sell it and/or make use of it? I've got some ambitions that would kick ass if they worked out, but they require funding. I'm taking the term "Retired" seriously here and choosing to believe that they are giving up their adventuresome ways and opening an inn or something somewhere, where they won't need awesome weapons and armors.

Also, very sad news. I was perusing the Bard's entry in the PRD and discovered something horrifying. I misread the 7th level Inspire Competence +3 as Inspire Courage +3. Inspire Courage is still +2, and we've been cheating THIS ENTIRE TIME. I'm mostly sorry about that.

*goes all Hulk rage!*
RAAAAAAAAHHHHH!
And no your not selling their loot. I mean would you adventure with people then give them all your stuff just because your parting ways?

Paperscrap
2012-08-07, 04:43 PM
Having a hard time deciding between two different feat chains at the moment!

Improved trip and it's greater counterpart would mean +4 to trip attempts and make the piledriver move I get later (doing an attack with a free trip attempt as part of it) all the more powerful. The greater version also lets you get an AoO as they're falling, so that essentially opens it up to two extra attacks for me and one extra attack for whoever else is standing by when they stand up.

The other chain is cleave, and it's what I've got at the moment. So far I've spent three feats on it but it'll let me slice through mooky characters and help you guys conserve spells.

Do you guys think cleave is worthwhile, Brendam/Isaac? If you think you'll be able to take care of a lot of AoE stuff I'll probably drop that and get the trip feats and iron will instead. My only real problem with tripping is it's more specialized - it seems pointless to try trip attempts against big guys and the little ones are better off splattered

EDIT: Actually, screw it; doesn't seem like I can even trip 90% of the higher CR monsters anyways either due to ridiculous CMD's or just generally being untrippable

Souhiro
2012-08-08, 04:36 AM
Also, as I said, I'm thinking about Prestiging Brendam into a Cyphermage. It has two feats too interesting: One is the ability to make two scrolls per night, and the other is to cast scrolls using my level (Hello hello, Scrolls of Ropetrick!)

Also, Isaac can use them (And he's only going to get better using scrolls)

Yellow Eyes
2012-08-08, 01:53 PM
I'm cool with getting your scrolls, Brendam, so long as they don't cost too much (for single use magic items, scrolls cost a mint). I don't know much about Cyphermage, though, so any thoughts I have on it are likely irrelevant.

And yes, Anara, trip bad. Think of all the times when there have been 2 or more fodders vying for Dezzra's attention, and being the fickle thing she was she kept attack different ones each round. You do enough damage that for the smaller ones you could finish two with a good cleave, maybe more, and even if you don't, any one of the rest of us could top off their damage and put them down before they get their next action. If they were at full health, we might not be able to do that.

I apologize if that made no sense, I'm very sleepy.

Souhiro
2012-08-10, 02:11 AM
About tripping.. yeah, the Giant Crab, and Dark Shrike had to avoid the tentacles' grapple each turn (CMB: 13) and they passed even a total of 26~27. I don't wanna know the CMD they have! Mid thirties, or something!

I think that from now, the scary tentacles will be more useful just to make difficult terrain (A friend of mine recomended me the spell as "Most Kickass Spell, save for Wish and Ignore Material Component"

Souhiro
2012-08-11, 05:32 AM
I'm turning 41 today.

Yellow Eyes
2012-08-11, 10:52 PM
I'm turning 41 today.Have a pleasant annual celebration of your biological beginning.

Amondais
2012-08-13, 01:22 PM
No D&D today guys, Sorry for this being last minute but its a family emergency.

Souhiro
2012-08-21, 05:13 AM
Ok, we talked about going in a shopping spree, here's the little things yours truly Brenn would buy:

- Magical Reagents to start crafting an Amulet of Natural Armor (More Cloaks with better quality will follow later)
- Scroll of Barkskin (Needed to craft the Amulet before) 150 GP
- Scroll of Speak with Dead Nah... it's a divine spell.
- Scroll of Blood Transcription 150 GP
- 5x Tanglefoot Bag (Useful!) 250 GP
- Lesser Rod of Extend Lesser Spell 3000 GP (Well hello, Mage Armor for all the day!)
- Rod of Orcus 0,005 GP
- Eye of Vecna 0,0001 GP

Yellow Eyes
2012-08-24, 04:23 AM
I am bad at mathing, but I'll try and cobble together our adventuring pennies from the unwanted loot. What's the swag selling rate? 50%?

EDIT: Also, are we just giving up on the pretense of XP, or do will still have a number? If so, what is it currently?

Yellow Eyes
2012-08-24, 07:04 AM
Because I have nothing better to do this morning, I've compiled a swag list.

First comes the cold cash we've gotten, which its 30p, 4037g +5 50g Tradebars (4587g) total. This comes to 1146g, 7s, 5c for each of us.

Next, we need to decide how the swag is divvied up. The greedy part of me (which constitutes 90% of my being) says that Brendam and I share a 50% split of everything else on the list, since technically our characters were the only ones there that remain in the group. In addition, Eris and Hylda already have 8th level wealth, while we MENFOLK are sitting on something roughly around 6th level. MAYBE 7th.
The slightly-not-as-greedy part of me (2% of my being) says that Eris and Hylda could at least get a cut of the Gems and Tradebars payoff.

Everything listed here is what I gathered as "unclaimed". If there's something you need from this list, take it and list whatever it's replaced here, including market price.

YE OLDE SWAG (at full market value)

Ring of Delayed Doom (1 stone): 5000g
+2 Studded Leather: 4175g
+1 Leather Armor, Light Fort.: 4160g
+1 Large Mithril Full Plate Armor: 13150g
+1 Large Steel Shield: 1040g
+1 Wounding Halberd: 18310g
Amulet of Proof against Detection and Location: 35000g
8 Masterwork Bastard Swords: 2680g
8 suits of Full Plate Armor: 12000g
1 Mithril Chain Shirt: 1100g
+2 Full Plate Armor: 5650g
Golem's Everlasting Ice: 3000g
Belt of Bluntness: 5000g
10 +1 Flaming Arrows: 1660.5g

PLUS: A couple things I personally wanted to offload
+1 Flaming Whip (awesome, but useless): 8301g
+1 Chain Shirt: 1250g

The total value for this is 121,476g, 5s. Unfortunately, the people of Midland are poor and cheap (or alternately, Amondias has been replaced with some sort of evil doppelganger) and only pay 50% of the value on the items we've gathered, so the end total is 60,738g, 2s, 5c, or 30,369g, 1s, 3c among 2 or 15,184g, 5s, 6c among 4. We get full value for tradebars and gems, though, so it's not a complete loss.

Tradebars and Gems (100% Sale Value)
100 50g Tradebars: 5000g
25 lbs of Mithril Ingots: 5000g
2 onyx gems: 6000g
Big Ruby: 3000g
1 Diamond: 2000g
1 Star Ruby: 2000g
20 100g Tradebars: 2000g

These add up to 25,000g. Divvied among 2 is 12,500g, and 4 is 6,250g.

But then there's THESE *******s

Items Without Listed Claimants, But I Can't Imagine Someone Didn't Take
Amulet of Natural Armor +2: 4000g
Bracers of Armor +3: 9000g

who need to be confirmed.

Folks should consider things they might want to transform into moneys. Remember to sell anything that you replace (this reminder is more for my sake than anyone else's).

EDIT: fixed some math and added some items I missed, and AGAIN to rearrange items based on Amondias' calls.

Souhiro
2012-08-24, 07:39 AM
Brendam wears the bracers, altough he usually uses the "Mage Armor" Spell. When he ends crafting Eris' Amulet of Natural Armor, he will improve the bracers to the best of level (I think that upgrading an existing object can save in cash... and in TIME!!)

Also I would say to keep the diamond. You know... 5000GP is just what we'll need to resurrect someone!

Amondais
2012-08-24, 02:12 PM
KEEP IN MIND that this is all full market value (just in case I didn't mention it before). Final profit could be reduced by as much as 50%, if Amondias is evil, which he is not because he is a Wonderful Person and Everyone Loves Him (tm) and he would love to let us sell this stuff at 100%.

EDIT: fixed some math and added some items I missed

Sorry :P Can only sell loot at 50% of the market Value... Unless you open a shop of your own. (Which is possible... just your loot will sell at a slower pace but for whatever amount you wanna sell it for.)

The Exception being of course... Trade Bars and gems which you can trade for 100% of their worth.

Diamond and Star Ruby are worth 2000gp each
The Arrows are simply +1 Flaming Arrows
Merchants are willing to pay 1500 gp for the ice.
Belt of Bluntness: Gives you 5 resistance to Slashing Damage and can be sold for 2500 gp

Yellow Eyes
2012-08-24, 04:13 PM
Edited YE OLDE SWAG LIST.

Amondais
2012-08-24, 04:32 PM
Feel free to discuss how you want to divide it all up.

And if you want to buy anything you can. Just be sure to either IM me about it or post here what you want to buy.

Paperscrap
2012-08-24, 04:37 PM
Though I don't really know how much of a cash discrepancy is between us level 8ers and you guys, I think that should work out pretty well if you all divided up the huge assortment of cash amongst yourselves and then the trade bars were divided evenly! The difference between level 6 and level 8 starting loot looks to be about 19k, so I would think that would cover it; if you guys would rather look more into detail on that, though, I think it'd be for the best.

As far as the unclaimed amulet goes, I'd be happy to hold onto that if no one else needs it - it could save Brendam from having to make one for me and he could instead give it out to someone else. If everyone's okay with an even split on the cash there I'd probably go ahead and get myself a cloak of resistance and up my armor's enchantment by one too in order to help out my sorely lacking defenses!

Yellow Eyes
2012-08-24, 06:01 PM
Though I don't really know how much of a cash discrepancy is between us level 8ers and you guys, I think that should work out pretty well if you all divided up the huge assortment of cash amongst yourselves and then the trade bars were divided evenly! The difference between level 6 and level 8 starting loot looks to be about 19k, so I would think that would cover it; if you guys would rather look more into detail on that, though, I think it'd be for the best.

As far as the unclaimed amulet goes, I'd be happy to hold onto that if no one else needs it - it could save Brendam from having to make one for me and he could instead give it out to someone else. If everyone's okay with an even split on the cash there I'd probably go ahead and get myself a cloak of resistance and up my armor's enchantment by one too in order to help out my sorely lacking defenses!
OK
HEY
GUYS
I GOT THIS

This goes against all of my Chaotic instincts, but I did some math (yay!) and we can almost equalize our individual accounts. If Bren and I share that magic item payoff and you two split the cash and gem profits, he and I each have about 5000g over you. If we split the magic item profits four ways and Bren and I share the gem/tradebar gold, you ladies end up about 40-100ish gold ahead of us. I'd rather have the latter than the former.

Of course, I am no mathamagician, so take it for what you will.

So my solution is this-

Everyone gets:
Flat Cash- 4 ways (1,146.75 gold)
YE OLDE SWAG- 4 ways (15,184.56 gold)
Total of: 16331.31 gold

Isaac and Brendam get:
Tradebars and Gems- (12,500 gold)
Total of: 28,831.31 gold

Paperscrap
2012-08-25, 12:11 AM
I certainly won't complain with having more money! Though with that much I'm tempted to blow it on an offensive enhancement instead of the defense stuff I need, haha. DECISIONS.

I guess what I'm going to do is spend

8,000 gp on boosting my armor from +1 to +3
and
9,000 on getting a cloak of resistance +3

I figure going with the defensive stuff would help out the party more since I won't be needing them if more drop and they're typically good hand-me-downs. Plus now I can just focus solely on upgrading my crappy belt of strength +2 / getting my hands on a better weapon.

The main thing I'm worried about is giving up that ring, I guess if I have to do that I might splurge on a deflection ring instead since it'd be cheaper than going for the upgrades I listed above.

Amondais
2012-08-25, 01:55 PM
I certainly won't complain with having more money! Though with that much I'm tempted to blow it on an offensive enhancement instead of the defense stuff I need, haha. DECISIONS.

I guess what I'm going to do is spend

8,000 gp on boosting my armor from +1 to +3
and
9,000 on getting a cloak of resistance +3

I figure going with the defensive stuff would help out the party more since I won't be needing them if more drop and they're typically good hand-me-downs. Plus now I can just focus solely on upgrading my crappy belt of strength +2 / getting my hands on a better weapon.

The main thing I'm worried about is giving up that ring, I guess if I have to do that I might splurge on a deflection ring instead since it'd be cheaper than going for the upgrades I listed above.

Sure you can find a cloak of resistance +3, Armor Upgrade is fine... as far as the ring goes... That's your call. Just remember it is a signet ring which can come with its own set of rewards or troubles if people happen to notice it.

Paperscrap
2012-08-25, 04:45 PM
I'll just assume we're going to give away the ring, in which case I'll downgrade my cloak to +2 and pick up a ring of protection +1 for 2k instead. Gonna keep all of my shopping until after we turn the ring in, though, just in case there's monetary compensation involved

RinDitirini
2012-08-25, 10:39 PM
Darn my monkness and not needing magic weapons and armor. So ideas to spend my gold on would be wonderful! Please help!

Paperscrap
2012-08-26, 01:45 AM
Hrmm, if you don't have one already a belt of +4 strength might be good to pick up! Similarly to the wisdom and dex increasing items if you don't have those, though they're probably less important and you might be able to find easier ways to boost your AC through raw AC thingys. There's also always cloaks of resistance and they're super cheap, or natural armor necklaces that might interest you. There's probably other stuff monks would like but I haven't ever actually played one outside of NWN...

Yellow Eyes
2012-08-26, 02:05 AM
Darn my monkness and not needing magic weapons and armor. So ideas to spend my gold on would be wonderful! Please help!Me.
Apart from that, maybe some defensive items. A ring of protection would do wonders for your survivability, even if it's just +2. Avoid bracers of natural armor for now, since Brendam loves to use Mage Armor and I just bought a wand of it. 50 hours of +4 armor AC for 750 gold? Si, please.

Other things that might be useful are miscellaneous items like actual bags of holding, since Haversacks can only do so much. Some kind of awesome boots, like slippers of spider climbing, might come in handy. Eventually. A figurine of wonderous power could prove useful as well. I know I eventually plan on getting a bronze griffon, a pair of golden lions, or an onyx dog.

We might also want to put some money aside for a joint item that we can all make use of. I've got eyes on a 10x10 ft Carpet of Flying.

Yellow Eyes
2012-08-26, 02:07 AM
Hrmm, if you don't have one already a belt of +4 strength might be good to pick up! Similarly to the wisdom and dex increasing items if you don't have those, though they're probably less important and you might be able to find easier ways to boost your AC through raw AC thingys. There's also always cloaks of resistance and they're super cheap, or natural armor necklaces that might interest you. There's probably other stuff monks would like but I haven't ever actually played one outside of NWN...I almost suggested an amulet of natural armor too, but she has an amulet of mighty fists already. One of the prices of being a monk.

Amondais
2012-08-26, 03:21 PM
*Totally not the DM*
Shopping list suggestions! *evil cackle*
Monk's Robe - 13,000gp
Belt of Physical Might +2 - 10,000gp
Boots of Speed - 12,000gp

Just a couple of suggestions.

Souhiro
2012-08-29, 09:51 AM
In just one level, Brenn will get Permanency. If you could save more or less 2500GP, you could get a Magic Fang :)

Also, I'm thinking on a little trick we could have used with your old PCs, where Bren cast carkness, and you use darkvision rings!

Also... I usually play clerics and monks, so I found the weaons with the Guided Property more than useful! (Use WIS instead of STR)

Also, I think we should try to use our money in something beside weapons. I don't think we'll be able to defeat Azrial just with mere swords and boring fireballs.

Souhiro
2012-09-04, 09:32 AM
Did anything happened yesterday? I was until 2:00 AM (in GMT+1) and nobody appeared.

Did Azrial won, conquered USA, and only I was spared, as he don't know how to Teleport to Spain?

Yellow Eyes
2012-09-04, 01:13 PM
Yes. Yes he did.

Paperscrap
2012-09-05, 05:34 PM
Doh, Souhiro - I thought amon told everyone! We took the day off since it was labor day here in the US and a lot of people were traveling or had other plans

Souhiro
2012-09-06, 02:12 AM
Oh...

Cht, I have to move to USA one day of these... It's the only way to brush off my "Engrish"!

Amondais
2012-09-06, 02:08 PM
Did anything happened yesterday? I was until 2:00 AM (in GMT+1) and nobody appeared.

Did Azrial won, conquered USA, and only I was spared, as he don't know how to Teleport to Spain?

Left you a message about it after last weeks session. You must have missed it...

Anyway We will be playing next monday. September 10th at 3pm EST
Unless I am eaten by a grue on my way to work tonight. XD

Yellow Eyes
2012-09-06, 06:04 PM
Left you a message about it after last weeks session. You must have missed it...

Anyway We will be playing next monday. September 10th at 3pm EST
Unless I am eaten by a grue on my way to work tonight. XDStay out of dark tunnels. You'll be fine.

Amondais
2012-09-07, 07:01 AM
Adam was eaten by a Grue.

Adam-bot 5000 will be DMing until further notice.

Yellow Eyes
2012-09-07, 12:14 PM
FINALLY.

That guy was such a tool.

Adam-bot, you may inform the Grue that the payment will be delivered via the agreed upon drop site.

Amondais
2012-09-10, 06:27 AM
Adam-Bot 5000 would like to remind people that if you wanna do last minute shopping please decide what you wanna buy before game. Helps speed things along~

Souhiro
2012-09-10, 10:27 AM
I'm getting weak... If I don't make to the game room, Brendam want to ask something to Old Denuu:

- What have you still tried in order to purge Azrial from this world?
- Did you trusted this secret to anyone else? There were more champions before us?
- There must be some gods that oppose Azrial... and maybe some others that rally him, some allied churchs
- How was the mask, his phylactery? Has it any special power?
- How did you discovered that the mask, from all his treasures, was the phylactery?
- I think that the mask is an artifact, or at least, it's like one. Think about it: Artifacts are night indestructible, and they can be destroyed only in one, esoteric way (The wand of Orcus has to be soaked in Tiamat's blood, that was the only way) So I think he found an artifact, he used as his philactery; and then he gained ranks, from first as necromancer, then lich, then archlich, finally a god.
- What would happen if we get together the mask? Will Azrial come back instantly, or he'll need some time, as any other lich?
- How did you manage to destroy his lich form the first time? Altough you didn't killed it for good, just stopping it is a feat that no one did before... and maybe we need to repeat it!
- Who were you, how many of you remain, and where can we find you?
- Where should we start our search? There are some dead gods... but those tales say they were killed mostly by other gods, and I don't see any of us attaining godhood any shortly!

- This can be an completly umpolite question, as an elf, and as a wizard, but... if you suffer the same fate than Shrike, what should we do? how should we do it?
- I think we should resurrect Shrike and the others. They don't have the mask inside them anymore, so they aren't a treat anymore, and maybe this cause need his axe once more!

Souhiro
2012-09-11, 01:54 AM
Sorry guys, I fell asleep. Since past thursday, I wasn't able to sleep normally, and I just fell in torpor in the chair, with the open laptop!

Yellow Eyes
2012-09-11, 04:56 PM
Sorry guys, I fell asleep. Since past thursday, I wasn't able to sleep normally, and I just fell in torpor in the chair, with the open laptop!The curse of the comfy chair.

We found the portmaster (given the position because his name was actually Port Masters). Turns out he was the one who spoke in caps, not Terrorwing, and apparently a raven sent by the cult forced him to write letters for them. The ransom and missive were both his work.

We spent a day at his home (filthy enough that Dudley considered it a worthy challenge to clean), let the raven know we were ready to deliver the ransom with a white flag, sailed to the island drop, and found an ettin standing over Lyra. Isaac approached to drop the cash and pick her up, but a sense motive let him know that the ettin's left head at the very least intended to attack.

Isaac tried to cast a spell but the ettin's Flail of Bard Critting shaved off about half his health. A couple of scrags jumped out of the water behind him.

Dudley and Eris ran forward; Dudley flurry of blows'd the ettin in the ass, while Eris critted him for 100+ damage and then cleaved down the scrag next to her. Hylda unleashed drunken wrestling against the other scrag (remember, these guys are Large Trolls, and Hylda is short lil' dwarf lass) and won. Isaac managed to pick Lyra up and get out of the thick of things, and jedi mind tricked the shut down scrag into kneeling and complying with their demands.

Souhiro
2012-09-12, 02:22 AM
Cht... well, next monday I'll be in my own chair, with my trustworty desktop pc, and ready to help you with whatever you need...

But shame on me! the one who cannot keep himself awake!

Amondais
2012-09-12, 08:24 AM
No worries Souhiro, look forward to seeing you there and monday...

also Holy crap and update from the DM http://endofdaylight.wikia.com/wiki/Azrial More to come later but I need to sleep now.

Yellow Eyes
2012-09-12, 02:27 PM
Ok, so all we have to do is become gods, right? No biggie. I'd be the god of music, Hylda would be the goddess of drunken brawls (obviously usurping whoever that other god was), Brendam would be god of ducks, and Eris would be goddess of... um... hm.

EDIT: It says he can devour the soul of any slain creature within a hundred mile radius? I have a solution.

We fight him...
...in space.

Souhiro
2012-09-13, 06:33 AM
I want to be god of pants.

Edit ---

Chronomancy? oh my... that cannot be good.
Unless yours truly Brendam can master Chronomancy just in time... (and then steal ALL THE PANTS IN THE HISTORY) (Insert Innocent Whistle Here) (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NotSoInnocentWhistle)

Also, thanks for the Romancing SaGa. The passionate rhythm will appear in one of my games, as the theme of some badass spaniards (Yes, in my game, in my house, we ARE spaniards, but our PCs aren't... Sadly, we aren't badass spaniards -yet-)

Paperscrap
2012-09-13, 04:45 PM
I guess it falls on me to take over the domains of

Death, Evil, Law, Magic, and Void

that will inevitably be left open after Azrial dies!

On a sidenote you didn't really miss a whole lot Souhiro, so don't worry! Brendam's summary was pretty much the gist of it.

Amondais
2012-09-14, 04:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k1OsApDSIw

Actually coming up sooner than you think...
first time I heard this was fighting Scorn outside the Moon Temple place thing.
(Spoiler: He kicked my ass)

And Eris as a evil god? Oh my...

Paperscrap
2012-09-15, 10:12 PM
And Eris as a evil god? Oh my...

It could happen. (http://imageshack.us/a/img16/803/463f11709546914877a91bd.jpg)

Of course, the only reason to do so would be to keep the world from imploding due to an imbalance in the good / evil scale. The only reason! (www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcbazH6aE2g&#t=0m31s)

Yellow Eyes
2012-09-15, 10:56 PM
It could happen. (http://imageshack.us/a/img16/803/463f11709546914877a91bd.jpg)

Of course, the only reason to do so would be to keep the world from imploding due to an imbalance in the good / evil scale. The only reason! (www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcbazH6aE2g&#t=0m31s)
You realize that my rock is far too powerful for you to defeat, right?

Paperscrap
2012-09-16, 09:22 AM
Maybe for the moment... just maybe.

We'll see if you think the same after I master the elements of earth, wind, and fire (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jLGa4X5H2c) though. Your rock's fallen before, and it'll do so again!

Yellow Eyes
2012-09-16, 02:35 PM
Maybe for the moment... just maybe.

We'll see if you think the same after I master the elements of earth, wind, and fire (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jLGa4X5H2c) though. Your rock's fallen before, and it'll do so again!Boogie was only a setback!

Amondais
2012-09-17, 11:59 AM
Anyway all of you should be at 45,100 for exp

Souhiro
2012-09-17, 01:23 PM
So... if Eris goes evil, she'll wear Zettai Ryouiki?

Decisions, Decisions...

Yellow Eyes
2012-09-17, 02:16 PM
So... if Eris goes evil, she'll wear Zettai Ryouiki?

Decisions, Decisions...Damn wizards, you're supposed to be punctual.

Yellow Eyes
2012-09-24, 06:55 PM
My logic behind rerolling is that as useful as Isaac can be at times, with knowledge and buffing, and as much as I like his character, I just don't really enjoy playing him anymore. Plus, I made Dudley back when Dezzra and Anara were still in the party, so I expected that a support melee would be useful, and that emergency healing would be taken care of. Those no longer apply.

Souhiro
2012-09-26, 06:49 AM
Truly, a pity. It was fun to have Isaac with us... Well, think we're gonna wait for his wedding!

Amondais
2012-09-28, 10:55 PM
What if they decide to just not get married? :O
Though as far as going to a wedding? Anything is possible though would not happen for a while.

Souhiro
2012-10-01, 02:06 AM
<Brendam> SUGESTION: It would be a GOOD IDEA TO MARRY. NOW.

Also, Fixed Little Az' image in the wiki. Brendam now has a few ranks in history and Geography... He'll have to fill Isaac's place as repository of Knowledges...

Souhiro
2012-10-02, 10:43 AM
Well, you did it. Eris & Hylda managed to take this guy down... and a pious act made us to discover something terrible.

Brendam summoned a Hound Archon (An angel) and when Eris landed a critical hit (and destroyed the AzrialSpawn) Raylin regained his former self for a moment, and asked to leave his remains with her beloved.

Then Brendam asked the Archon to take care of the soul of the fallen champion, but the archon looked down and said "The soul has been gone for centuries".

Remember that Azrial has the ability to devour the souls of anybody slain in 100 miles.
Remember also that Denuu was dead while they managed to defeat Azrial, maybe Bernadette the cleric of Pelor managed to save her... why didn't Azrial fested upon the soul of a beautiful girl with CHA above 30? Or he did?

There are still a lot of secrets that awaits to be unearthed.

Yellow Eyes
2012-10-06, 07:29 AM
Well, you did it. Eris & Hylda managed to take this guy down... and a pious act made us to discover something terrible.

Brendam summoned a Hound Archon (An angel) and when Eris landed a critical hit (and destroyed the AzrialSpawn) Raylin regained his former self for a moment, and asked to leave his remains with her beloved.

Then Brendam asked the Archon to take care of the soul of the fallen champion, but the archon looked down and said "The soul has been gone for centuries".

Remember that Azrial has the ability to devour the souls of anybody slain in 100 miles.
Remember also that Denuu was dead while they managed to defeat Azrial, maybe Bernadette the cleric of Pelor managed to save her... why didn't Azrial fested upon the soul of a beautiful girl with CHA above 30? Or he did?

There are still a lot of secrets that awaits to be unearthed.Stop it, sou, you're scaring me.

Also, I'm fine, how are you?

Paperscrap
2012-10-06, 02:28 PM
Soooooo looking at that loot, as awesome as that bow was / would be, I think it's better split up into the two defensive swords. I'm not sure if Hylda can hold one in her off hand, but if not I'd say Brendam / Alastor could benefit from having one each (or one person having two, even). It basically is like stackable, free AC if you have the hand open.

Also glad to hear you're feeling better!

Souhiro
2012-10-07, 04:22 AM
What happened to you? I tough you got dizzy, maybe from some poorly coded FPS (It happens to me all the time)

Also, I think defensive weapons only works if you attack that round

Amondais
2012-10-07, 03:16 PM
No D&D tomorrow guys. >.<
One of my co-workers is sick apparently and they want me to come in at 3pm for him. Neverfear! We will play Next week however!

Yellow Eyes
2012-10-08, 01:58 PM
I only just read this.

I had a bowl of popcorn and a sixpack of dr pepper and everything.

*sob*

Souhiro
2012-10-08, 04:31 PM
Another week, till the Dual-Fireballing of Dezzra!

Souhiro
2012-10-10, 04:12 AM
There's something I was thinking... It would be posible for Brendam to craft a "Phylactery Holder"?

The thing would be the following: A piece of cloth with seven pockets (Like an over-the-door shoe organizer) each one acts as a micro bag of holding, not about holding as much, but holding them in individual and small extradimensional spaces, so the fragments won't resonate with each other. The Phylactery Holder would be enchanted with a permanent Nondetection spell, and uttering some command word, it teleports to some acorded place (Namely, the greatest temple of Pelor, El-mio's tower... somewhere to be decided yet)

Its for the thing that we're carrying a dangerous artifact with us...keeping it hidden, and the pieces unable to "resononate" with each other would be a good idea :)

Amondais
2012-10-10, 08:27 AM
There's something I was thinking... It would be posible for Brendam to craft a "Phylactery Holder"?

The thing would be the following: A piece of cloth with seven pockets (Like an over-the-door shoe organizer) each one acts as a micro bag of holding, not about holding as much, but holding them in individual and small extradimensional spaces, so the fragments won't resonate with each other. The Phylactery Holder would be enchanted with a permanent Nondetection spell, and uttering some command word, it teleports to some acorded place (Namely, the greatest temple of Pelor, El-mio's tower... somewhere to be decided yet)

Its for the thing that we're carrying a dangerous artifact with us...keeping it hidden, and the pieces unable to "resononate" with each other would be a good idea :)

Who says it'd manage to stop them from resonating with each other... and Remember Denuu said there was eight shards. She and her companions only had one each... meaning...

Otherwise It's possible I'd need to figure out the gp cost to craft the item. Though adding permanent Nondetection, and a contingency teleport likely means you will not be able to craft this for a very long time.

Souhiro
2012-10-10, 01:00 PM
Ok... let's explore the options, The Isolating and the NonDetection are the most important part... and basically, the main idea (Contingent teleport was just a bonus)

I got the idea re-reading the "Deathly Hallows", 'if the locket is so evil, why don't craft something that isolates it, so it cannot corrupt you? You're wizards!'

Also, I finnaly noticed why you choose "The end of Daylight" as your campaing name: The world is bright and shiny. Maybe there are some corrupt nobles and some monster roaming there and here, but the world is mostly at peace, since the evil Azrial was vanquised... it's just that he wasn't. He's going to get back, and the people are laughting, getting drunk and getting fat and lazy. Nobody knows that the day can get to a sudden end. And nobody, even the so-called godslayers know what to do to preserve the peace!!

Paperscrap
2012-10-16, 02:11 PM
Looking over that lewt that was posted, I know I'd definitely be interested in that giants strength belt if that's kosher for everyone! I think that's about all I'd want to take, though someone should definitely hang onto that death protection amulet as a 'just in case'.

Souhiro
2012-10-16, 02:38 PM
In Pathfinder, you can "Craft" extra skills in your equipment, so I could easily add the Natural Armor enchantment to the Protection against Death Amulet.

I was also thinking about upgrading the one I'm currently making to a Amulet of Mingty Fist and Natural Armor, and leave it to Hylda, who needs a little punch.

Paperscrap
2012-10-16, 07:25 PM
Oooh, that'd be pretty neat! I'll have to keep that in mind for later. Having a protection versus death amulet would be very helpful, but I didn't want to give up my natural armor one either. I think we're starting to get high enough in level that looking at those immunity to such and such things is starting to become a good idea.

Souhiro
2012-10-17, 03:31 AM
Brendam is nine days to complete a +3 Natural Armor (Originally, for any front-liners interested) but I cannot find the "Protection against Death" item in the SRD.

I would need Donovan's help enchanting it. So Paperscrap, if you don't mind to lend me your cohort for a few hours... You can always try to enchant without the spell, but the DC increases)

Paperscrap
2012-10-17, 09:26 AM
I guess for my own end you don't have to worry about the amulet just yet, Souhiro! I ended up blowing all of my cash already so I wouldn't be able to afford it, and I think when I would make it I'd just make the +5 version so I don't have to worry about another natural armor amulet ever. It would be really nice to have at some point though!

Paperscrap
2012-10-17, 06:00 PM
Here's another little mini wishlist of mine now that I've had time to start looking over some of the items! Not sure if I should go with the helmet or a circlet of +wisdom for more will defense, though.

Helmet of Vudran Ashak: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/h-l/helmet-vudran-ashak

Bracers of Sworn Vengeance: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/a-b/bracers-of-sworn-vengeance

RinDitirini
2012-10-18, 12:41 PM
Changed Hylda from a monk. Same character but now a Fighter/Rogue to be a bit more useful in combat without losing her useful skillsets. I need to make a new wishlist.:smallyuk:

Yellow Eyes
2012-10-18, 01:45 PM
Changed Hylda from a monk. Same character but now a Fighter/Rogue to be a bit more useful in combat without losing her useful skillsets. I need to make a new wishlist.:smallyuk:

If she's not a drunken master monk, she's hardly the same character, now is she? I guess its ok, so long as she keeps getting wasted and punching people.

Paperscrap
2012-10-18, 02:45 PM
Are we going to be selling the shield / staff of frost / nine lives stealer sword? The first and latter seem pretty terrible so I assume those are going, though I wasn't sure what the casters thought of the staff - the spells didn't seem that great to me and it's worth a lot (40k), but if one of you wants it then by all means go for it.

EDIT: Oh, I guess we should sell those handwraps too if Hylda switched out! Not sure what they're worth, though. Can we get a price check, DM?

EDIT2: Apparently they're worth 45k when sold (so 90k value). More money!

Not counting the staff, everyone can add 15,257 gp to their lists from selling the shield / sword / handwraps. If no one wants the staff we can get rid of that as well for another 5,175 gp each.

Yellow Eyes
2012-10-18, 08:57 PM
Are we going to be selling the shield / staff of frost / nine lives stealer sword? The first and latter seem pretty terrible so I assume those are going, though I wasn't sure what the casters thought of the staff - the spells didn't seem that great to me and it's worth a lot (40k), but if one of you wants it then by all means go for it.

EDIT: Oh, I guess we should sell those handwraps too if Hylda switched out! Not sure what they're worth, though. Can we get a price check, DM?

EDIT2: Apparently they're worth 45k when sold (so 90k value). More money!

Not counting the staff, everyone can add 15,257 gp to their lists from selling the shield / sword / handwraps. If no one wants the staff we can get rid of that as well for another 5,175 gp each.I wouldn't complain about 20k more gold.

RinDitirini
2012-10-19, 02:28 AM
If she's not a drunken master monk, she's hardly the same character, now is she? I guess its ok, so long as she keeps getting wasted and punching people.

Nope, now she ****s fireballs from her arse and throws cleverly worded insults at the enemy.

Souhiro
2012-10-19, 11:19 AM
Maybe Neo-Hylda has some use for the shield. I didn't see her sheet...

Also, I was looking... Ioun Stones, Crimson Sphere. It grants a +2 to INT... and stack! I think Brendam is going to get some of those... and Tanglefoot bags! bags for everybody!!

Paperscrap
2012-10-19, 12:06 PM
I think the new Hylda is a dual wield build so she wouldn't need it

RinDitirini
2012-10-19, 02:17 PM
I think the new Hylda is a dual wield build so she wouldn't need it

I managed to get my AC at a better level and upgrade to fullplate after dropping tww fighter. The Dueling Gloves is much more worthwhile and I didn't need the dex boost as much as I initially planned. Should prove beneficial and if I can score hits on a full attack I can keep up with Eris but won't surpass.

Yellow Eyes
2012-10-19, 06:25 PM
Maybe Neo-Hylda has some use for the shield. I didn't see her sheet...

Also, I was looking... Ioun Stones, Crimson Sphere. It grants a +2 to INT... and stack! I think Brendam is going to get some of those... and Tanglefoot bags! bags for everybody!!The Ioun Stone bonus is an enhancement bonus, so it does not stack with a headband of intellect.

Souhiro
2012-10-20, 08:00 AM
Cht... then I'll going to go Plan B: Upgrading the headband.

Headbands also have an interesting side effects: They maximice one knowledge per "+2" they grant. I'm going to get one with Know-Geographics... Since he has very high Know Arcana & History, and Hylda has the Dungeoning, Local and Enginery covered... I'm between Nature, Nobility and Religion (Don't know how good is Donovan with that)

Also, since everybody passes their saving throws, Brendam is going to buy a scroll of Heatstroke. Ranged touch attack, Don't allow any save, and reduces saves in 4. And a sweet, sweet wand of Enervation.

Say hello to truly debuffed enemies!

Yellow Eyes
2012-10-22, 01:06 PM
Anyone having problems with Myth-Weavers right about now?

Souhiro
2012-10-25, 08:43 AM
Level-10?

Okay... Brendam is going to select PERMANENCY as one of his spells, and his Lvl-10 discovery will be the ability to craft wondrous at 75% ot the time. He should have the Amulet of Natural Armor complete so Hylda could make a good use of it. He only needs a little Spellcraft roll: [roll0]

As he has Permanency, he's goint to cast Permanent + Darkvision on himself. But next day, he'll prepare a scroll with that spell for Alastor, so he can have Permanent Darkvision too (It's one of those spells you can only make permanent on Yourself, but if you don't know it, you can cast it from a scroll... and then forget it!)

I'm against using torches, since Drows will notice us before we could notice them, and catch us flat-foot. instead I'll cast Extended Darkvision for each of us, save for Eris, who will wear my googles of the Night (I don't want to take any chances with that: The googles WILL work)

While fighting Silver I had the strategy about having everybody able to see id the Dark, then start to spam Darkness... but incidentally, this make us able to fight in the underdark! If only I had a nice Daylight spell... but I fear the Wizard's bane in any D&D Game: The eternally cursed beholder, and his equally cursed Anti-Magic Eye!

Yellow Eyes
2012-10-25, 09:25 PM
Level-10?

Okay... Brendam is going to select PERMANENCY as one of his spells, and his Lvl-10 discovery will be the ability to craft wondrous at 75% ot the time. He should have the Amulet of Natural Armor complete so Hylda could make a good use of it. He only needs a little Spellcraft roll: [roll0]

As he has Permanency, he's goint to cast Permanent + Darkvision on himself. But next day, he'll prepare a scroll with that spell for Alastor, so he can have Permanent Darkvision too (It's one of those spells you can only make permanent on Yourself, but if you don't know it, you can cast it from a scroll... and then forget it!)

I'm against using torches, since Drows will notice us before we could notice them, and catch us flat-foot. instead I'll cast Extended Darkvision for each of us, save for Eris, who will wear my googles of the Night (I don't want to take any chances with that: The googles WILL work)

While fighting Silver I had the strategy about having everybody able to see id the Dark, then start to spam Darkness... but incidentally, this make us able to fight in the underdark! If only I had a nice Daylight spell... but I fear the Wizard's bane in any D&D Game: The eternally cursed beholder, and his equally cursed Anti-Magic Eye!
I took greater darkvision. I'm going to see ALL of the things.

Souhiro
2012-10-26, 03:02 AM
:( A pity we cannot mix Permanency with your Greater Darkvision. Looks that permanency is one of those spells Paizo has forgotten!

RinDitirini
2012-10-26, 01:45 PM
My Amulet of Nat Armor is at +2 already, unless you made something higher.

Souhiro
2012-10-26, 03:43 PM
You'll get this +3 one (Brendam can build a +2 in no time!)

So... next in the list are a pairs of Gloves of Duelist... and Yellow-Eyes, you want something crafted?
I was also thinking about upgrading Hylda's boots of speed to Winged Boots of Speed.

Paperscrap
2012-10-26, 04:16 PM
Oh I think both Hylda and I already have the duelist gloves Brendam, just as a heads up

Yellow Eyes
2012-10-26, 10:45 PM
You'll get this +3 one (Brendam can build a +2 in no time!)

So... next in the list are a pairs of Gloves of Duelist... and Yellow-Eyes, you want something crafted?
I was also thinking about upgrading Hylda's boots of speed to Winged Boots of Speed.I would not mind a belt of dex/con or a better cloak of resistance (+3-+5).

Souhiro
2012-10-27, 06:10 AM
The list so far is...

Eris:
Helmet of Vudran Ashak: 17 days and 9900 GP (Lovely trait to reduce the cost of craft)
Bracers of Sworn Vengeance: 19 days, 11.250GP

Alastor:
Belt of the Son of Thunders (+6 to Dex / +6 to Con) 41400GP (16200 crafting the +6 DEX, 25200 crafting the +6 CON, 54 days in the making)
Cloack of Resistance: At the time being, I think Brendam can only make a +3 one... in 4 days.

Hylda:
You didn't say anything... but everybody in this goup can fly... but you, thus the Winged Boots offering. Brendam would improve your boots of speed (you woulnd't lose the 'Haste' property) in 12 days, and he would burn 7600GP in the making

Also... I don't forget Donovan!! (He's a better person than Alastor) and he may like a Phylactery of Positive Channeling. With his asistance (Creator must be a Lvl-10 cleric, but he may help me to get the requesites) he can heal 2d6 extra when channeling (or damaging undeads) 9 days, 5225 GP, and our posteriors will be mended quicker!!

ALSO... Brendam has to study the "Death Protection" amulet and how to craft more. We're going to fight a liche, so we'll need A TON of those!

Amondais
2012-10-28, 06:45 AM
How long has it been?
It hurts... my stomach is so empty...
I was... was I? Who was I?

-Thump-

Yes... I remember now I had shape and form. I had strength and I was hardy.

-Thump, Thump-

Fingers.... toes... I had them too.

-THUMP-

This thing is heavy... but I can move it. Yes... this should be easy for me. I was strong once.

The Mausoleum rumbled, dust falling from the ceiling catching on cobwebs... Within the depths a hole had appeared. This hole expanded from a sealed sarcophagus and devoured all it touched.

I'm... hungry. I must go outside... maybe I can find something to sate this hunger outside.... yes.

Yellow Eyes
2012-10-28, 12:25 PM
How long has it been?
It hurts... my stomach is so empty...
I was... was I? Who was I?

-Thump-

Yes... I remember now I had shape and form. I had strength and I was hardy.

-Thump, Thump-

Fingers.... toes... I had them too.

-THUMP-

This thing is heavy... but I can move it. Yes... this should be easy for me. I was strong once.

The Mausoleum rumbled, dust falling from the ceiling catching on cobwebs... Within the depths a hole had appeared. This hole expanded from a sealed sarcophagus and devoured all it touched.

I'm... hungry. I must go outside... maybe I can find something to sate this hunger outside.... yes.And thus, I woke from my 16 hour sleep and at the sacred pizza. It was cold, but it was a start... yes.

Yellow Eyes
2012-10-28, 02:19 PM
Also, just a heads up, I might not be online tomorrow as I'm pretty much in the direct path of hurricane Sandy. If I'm not, assume either my power is out or I'm outside playing in the snow. Or that I'm dead, whichever you like.

Paperscrap
2012-10-28, 02:22 PM
RIP Yellow Eyes. You will be marginally missed!

I hope everything goes alright, though - everything I've heard about that hurricane is pretty bad news. Stay safe!

Amondais
2012-10-28, 02:50 PM
Also, just a heads up, I might not be online tomorrow as I'm pretty much in the direct path of hurricane Sandy. If I'm not, assume either my power is out or I'm outside playing in the snow. Or that I'm dead, whichever you like.
Keep us informed and good luck!

Souhiro
2012-10-29, 04:08 AM
Yeah. Good Look luck, Yellow Eyes. I'll cross my fingers

Edit: Damn, my engrish...

Amondais
2012-10-30, 03:16 AM
Thinking of Doing some posts on whats going on the surface while you guys are in the underdark. Here is the second of these posts.

Whiskey, a drink invented in the Midland Hinterlands some six hundred years ago. A strong however popular drink, favored among the people in the high lands or dwarves looking to try something different. This bottle was from a barrel that had been aged for two years in a distant town known as Kalf...

The once full bottle now sat empty on a wood plank floor of a cavern behind a waterfall. The Cave had an almost mystical feel to it, it was close to the world of the fey... the boundary here was weak and made attempts to magically locate this place near impossible. Water dripped from the ceiling here and there and collected in a deep pool kissed by the fey in the back of this small cave. A chest sat empty against a wall, the book shelf next to it littered with tins of food or empty mugs or glasses. Across from the shelf was a mattress of wool and cotton that rested atop a flat stone.

The occupant of this room took a breath and placed a hand upon his chest before gazing over the chamber. He could not stay here much longer... he was 'dead' but the Prophet would quickly learn otherwise... His life was spared and prolonged by the grace of a woman who had tried to kill him.

"El-mio huh..." the man spoke aloud and rolled his shoulders and stretched his wings.

"Lucky for me the waters of that pool seem to speed in recovery." He glanced at the pool before turning towards the cave entrance.

The Light of the day stung the eyes and he brought a hand to his eyes to shield them as he stumbled along while they adjusted. By the time he had made the short walk to the old man’s home (thanks to the shade from the mountain forests) his eyes had gotten used to the light of day again. Delivering a heavy knock to the door he awaited the owner of the home.

"Aye, I hear ye and I told ye I don't do anymore Commissions! My hands be full as it is!" a gruff and elder voice called from within.

"Ragesmith, I do not require a commission but rather to pick up a item that was being made for me." Dio briefly responded.

A short clatter was heard within before the door flew open. The wrinkled white-haired dwarf, standing there staring upwards at the winged man. "Yer a damned fool you know that." The dwarf grumbled before turning back and heading inside. "Come on you bastard, the weapon I forged you is inside."

Dio stepped inside the home; much of it was dominated by a forge. Swords, axes, maces hanged from the ceiling, two suits of armor on mannequins, further in a small table with two chairs were in a small kitchen like area. Next to this location was a ladder leading up to the second floor.

Dio watched the Ragesmith, an elder wrinkled dwarf named Olom. He wore a heavy pair of pants and a black smith’s apron his great white beard tucked into it. The Ragesmith unlocked a door and grabbed a weapon wrapped in a cloth, grunting a bit as he hauled it across the room where Dio intercepted him and helped him with the burden.

"Easy now old man, you should take a rest..." Dio sighed as he took the heavy weapon from the dwarf.

"And I'll remind you to shut your damned mouth. I'll rest when I'm dead." The dwarf did not complain at having the load taken from him. Rather her simply patted himself off then walked back to his forge.

"Come back again Dio, I want to see how that sword is doing." Olom took up his smithing hammer and tongs and started to work on a shield. "If you crack or chip it I am going to brain you with my hammer." He turned to wave the steaming hammer at the man in a threatening manner.

"Very well, I'll come see you again soon to get this sword tempered old man." Dio smirked and turned and made for the door. He did not need to say goodbye, over the short time he had known Olom he had realized saying that to the old man would only piss him off. Outside the Vultan spread his wings and had taken flight.

From the air he looked down upon the graves of his companions and swooped down til he stood in front of the seven grave markers. "Gods I have never prayed to any of you but please let them find a peace in death that they could not have in life." He closed his eyes and heaved a sigh. "Argos, Brumas, Coborwitz, Hedrick, Parn, and William... I am sorry I could not show you our sacred home." Sitting down he stared at the graves and spoke for a time to each of them before rising to his feet. Flying off he took a deep breath. "I will live."

So the raven flew high and over the country side... landing to rest his wings and drink of the streams and rivers of Midland, to eat of its fruits or hunted game. The journey was long taking many nights to complete before at last he arrived in Nice. The town had not changed in the month since had read a report from a spy... but the town was not his destination.

The House of El-mio, a victorian manor with three stories and at least one basement. The House looked strange with an impressive floating tower beside it, the top of which seems to have been recently converted into a lighthouse as the one in town has gone dark. When Dio had landed he was approached by a clay doll.

"Welcome, How may I assist you?" the clay creature asked in the voice of an elderly man.

"Yes, I was told to come see an El-mio. Is he home?" the Warrior asked the clay construct...

Souhiro
2012-10-30, 10:07 AM
Nice story! Heh... Saving the world is more than slashing, smashing and blasting the evildoers.

Yellow-Eyes, How're you going?

Yellow Eyes
2012-10-30, 08:23 PM
So hey, yeah, my power went out. You know why? It wasn't because of a tree falling on power lines, or a bolt of lightning, or anything reasonable like that.

No, of all the stupid things, it was because a drunk driver drove into a transformer.

What did I miss?

Souhiro
2012-10-31, 03:43 AM
Not very much: We're going to free some slaves and fight the Drows and their evil urges to commit despicable acts of fornication.

While on the way, We found a troll, Hylda trolled it, slew it, and found that:
Ah) He was a man transformed with magic
Be) He was carrying a ring of Cha&Dex +6. We're considering about selling it, or maybe giving to a Donovan
Say) He was also carrying items to pass as Drow.

Glad to see you're OK!

Amondais
2012-10-31, 06:19 PM
So hey, yeah, my power went out. You know why? It wasn't because of a tree falling on power lines, or a bolt of lightning, or anything reasonable like that.

No, of all the stupid things, it was because a drunk driver drove into a transformer.

What did I miss?

Yep, welcome to the human race.

Glad your okay though, anyway everyone leaped in the demon mouth when a Iron Golem started charging after you and Brendam. It lead to a secret room where a Gnome was being quite slothful. After killing the gnome and finding a shard of Azrial's Phlactery on him the party entered the Underdark.

After burning a village of Deep Gnomes to the ground the group took their beasts of burden to use as mounts (No, the Gnomes were very nice and so was the party.) They are heading to the city of Mezzoharn to find out about Giants in the Underdark, along the way they encountered a troll in a mushroom forest.

Killing The troll they discovered he was once a man, And a ring on his person that increased Charisma by 6. He also possessed 3 Rings that poly morphed the wearer into Drow.

Amondais
2012-11-01, 01:18 AM
“Your Holiness the ship will dock in the Midland harbor by days end!” A blond haired boy no more than twelve said enthusiastically. He was dressed in royal garb, a white coat with red cuffs. Emblazoned upon his shoulder was the face of an elderly man inside a sunburst.

The cabin in which he had made his announcement was filled with gloom, two figures sat in quiet conversation at a great oaken table, fixed to the floor. The dark room was comfortable, a large canopy bed was at one side of the chamber while a small shrine of Pelor sat at the other end. The first of these figures was a woman in silver armor that covered her from head to toe. The other was a red-headed woman wearing a mitre. Her dress was clerical, golds, reds and whites making up the bulk of its color.

“Very good Simon, Go and return to your duties.” The woman wearing the mitre spoke in a soft voice turning an almost cold glance at the boy.

Simon felt himself freeze for a moment and fought to find words. “Y-yes your Holiness!” bowed then quickly turned heel and departed the cabin. Barefoot he made his way down the narrow hall of the vessel. Shivering slightly as the holy womans gaze came back to his mind.

Stepping into what was apparently the silver knights quarters he took up a mop and dipped it in a bucket. “Midland...” he mumbled with a sigh, “Why on earth does the Lady Bernadette want to go to this distant county of all places? The country is supposed to be ripe with followers cult activity and creatures that once served Azrial.”

Slosh, slosh, slosh Simon worked in some silence mopping the silver knights chamber. His mind drifting far from his task as he pondered the change in her Holiness. Zolom was ever a beautiful and almost perfect temple city to reside in. Pilgrims came from all over the world to live in the shadow of the Throne of the Sun, regardless of being able to afford homes or not. Zolom was ever full of the homeless and those desperate for salvation. Peace had been kept by the papal knights, who delivered healing to those in need and swift and effective justice to those that deserved it.

'Something calls me, something calls me to Midland my people... I will return but for now I must follow my fathers will and go to Midland.' That is what her Holiness had said to her knights, to the people that prayed to her. Many gathered ships of their own and sailed after her ship...

The ships... this next though troubled Simon. Though he dared not question her Holiness... why did she feel it necessary to bring the entire armada of Zolom with her. Even after the fall of Vesper a hundred years ago Zolom had maintained a strong naval force under the orders of her Holiness. Surely she did not fear pirate attack near midland? Did she? She couldn't... that'd be silly. Simon shook his head and picked up the bucket and left the knights room.

“Did you finish boy?” A stern feminine voice echoed out from a helmet... The knight in silver was standing there outside her room waiting for Simon to finish. Though she wore the wore the holy symbol of Pelor it did not make this knight any less frightening.

“Y-yes Sir Maduin!” Simon bowed quickly, his bucket tumbling from his hand, the water from it spilling out onto the knights boot.

The Knight was silent and still, yes this was Sir Maduin; the Knight in service to her Holiness. Quite and terrifying, her silent stare was enough to make many would be brave men yellow. Mechanical and cold, she never offered a compliment she carried out orders with a icy efficiency. This knight could hardly be called a person, a person lives, a person breathes, a person cries, a person feels... Maduin did non of these it seemed. Even now as the knight raised her fist and brought the full force of her might against him, simon could feel nothing human inside that armor.

“Clean this up.” the feminine voice came from Maduin as she turned and entered her cabin and closed the door behind her.

Simon was pulling himself from the expanding pool on the floor, his cheek stung and bled leaked from a fresh cut on his cheek where he had been struck by the back of the knight's gauntlet. Simon could feel tears welling up in the corners of his eyes as he made it to his feet. Grabbing the mop he scrambled about to contain the spill before it reached Her Holiness's cabin.

The others, papal knights, priests, servants and sailors did not seem to notice anything... Not her Holiness's recent coldness. How cruel Sir Maduin was, or the fact that the Child of Pelor lead what looked more and more like an invasion fleet to a friendly nation.

Yellow Eyes
2012-11-02, 09:40 AM
Sirs and Ladies, I would muchly like that ring of sorcerous asskicking.

Souhiro
2012-11-02, 10:20 AM
I was seriourly thinking about giving it to Donovan, you know... more positive channelings!
But he's your cohort...

Yellow Eyes
2012-11-02, 12:56 PM
I was seriourly thinking about giving it to Donovan, you know... more positive channelings!
But he's your cohort...I give him my headband of Charisma +4, then.

Paperscrap
2012-11-02, 05:15 PM
Oh if you only had a +4 then it should definitely go to you - to be honest, IDK why donovan would get it anyways since that dex would be better converted to AC on a sorc

Yellow Eyes
2012-11-03, 02:13 AM
Oh if you only had a +4 then it should definitely go to you - to be honest, IDK why donovan would get it anyways since that dex would be better converted to AC on a sorcBuffin' dem ranged touch attacks~

Amondais
2012-11-04, 02:59 AM
The Beholder... a mythical monster known for floating around and shooting beams from its eye stalks. The central eye of the Beholder projects an anti-magic cone, thusly a beholder must close the eye in order to shoot its death beams. The Rare but dreaded beholder magi are easily identifiable in that they have their central eye removed... This of course seems silly, could a beholder not simply close his eye when it wished to cast a spell? Or did its central eye render any existing spell effect on the beholder to be negated by opening?

Whatever the reason Dio simply could not see a creature that powerful saying “Hey, stab my eye out so I can cast the spells that make the drow fall down.” The Vultan was unable to really stop staring at the mummified creature contained in the glass case. Rather the whole nature of the creature was strange, eyes and a mouth were all the thing had. Did they eat? And what became of the food after? It was another string of thoughts that he found wandering into his head.

“Is the Lobster not to your liking?” An elderly man wearing a silver cap inquired with a raised brow.

“Ahh, No thats not it.” Dio forced his attention away from the mummified creature and turned his attentions towards the meal in front of him. The Lobster was in truth well done, a basket of fresh rolls was still waiting on the table.

The Elder mage smirked and leaned back in his seat having already finished his own meal and in no mood for seconds. “Isaac, Brendam, Eris, and Hylda are heading to the underdark then?”

Dio nodded his head in affirmation “Though I can not be sure about Isaac, when I met him he seemed far more concerned with his crush than saving the world.” chewing on a roll he swallowed then continued “Brendam too I suppose, from what I recall being told about him. He believes himself a duck.”

The wizard could not help but to laugh at this as he leaned forward in his seat. “Duck or no he is becoming a powerful wizard. He will soon eclipse me entirely and I might be the one seeking to learn from him.” The elderly man placed his hands on the table and pushed himself up and out of the seat.

“These bones of mine are not as young as they used to be.” he mumbled rubbing his hands together. A doll of clay that had remained motionless in the corner suddenly animated, grabbing the mages coat it draped it over its masters shoulders “I can feel a long cold winter coming on as well.” he continued to speak to himself. Turning away from the table the mage reached up and scratched his beard. Making his way over to a near by shelf and grabbing a book bound with string along with quill and ink.

“Now, you said you wanted my aid in something?” El-mio asked as he made is way over to his seat again. Easing himself into his chair with a mild look of discomfort on his face. His fingers digging between pages as he pulled the book open with some effort. Dio had not missed this, He had not wanted to drag another into the plight of his people. Though if he was to survive he had little choice as there is not much that can be done on his own.

He relented with a sigh, looking at the elder wizard he spoke “Yes, See my people have been hunted for hundreds of years... The average Feathered folk know nothing about it either. The royal family has done an effective job at keeping their genocide quiet it would seem.” Dio had at one point considered all the feather folk guilty but his encounter with Eris had changed all this. Letting his words sink in a little he continued, “I learned a lot from Ralis as to what was going on in the world... Though I hardly paid the affairs of the nations of the world any mind save for what was happening with the Feathered Folk.”

“You refer to the Prince's illness? Yes Miss Eris had spoken to me of it and asked if there was some means I could help.” The mage frowned and took a breath. “If you too are seeking a cure for their prince in order attempt to befriend the royal family after all they did. I regret to inform you I know of no such method to cure the prince.”

Dio had blinked for a moment before shaking his head. “No, I heard from the honor guard that killed my companions that the prince was no longer mad.” crossing his arms he frowned. “But something bothers me about it... I believe the keres prince is being controlled.”

“Controlled?” the Mage looked up from his notes with a raised brow.

“Yes, or perhaps his madness has gone so far that he just might appear sane.” Dio raised a hand to his chin and looked up at the ceiling thoughtfully.

“The insane are usually susceptible to magical control or possession.” The mage dabbed the tip of quill in the ink. “There are many cases of this through out the history of our world.”

Dio nodded his head “Anyway, it would seem a prophet named Ipos has been divining my location. I have little doubt they will be coming for me before long.” Dio having finished his meal had risen from his seat. “I would imagine the hunters will be at my heels before long. So I wanted to ask you if you could aid me with a device to protect me from scrying?”

El-mio sighed and set his quill down. “I do not have anything like that prepared, but I could create something to do what you ask. It will however take many days to complete.” He looked at the winged man before breaking out into a smile. “But do not worry... I am a powerful wizard. You do not need to run and hide I will gladly let you stay here. I have plenty of guardians to protect my home.”

Dio looked at the elder mage for a time and breathed a sigh “Very well, I will stay until the item is complete at least... or until the others return from the under dark. I am eager to learn what the Oracle tells them.”

The mage claps his hands and rises from his seat slowlly. “Good! Number eighty seven please show Mister Dio to his chambers.”

Stepping out from a wall a man made from clay had formed, bowing in front of the Vultan, he quickly turned and lead the man out of the dining hall. Dio was in all honesty impressed with the collection of curious and mystical objects that filled the manor of El-mio.

A dozen days had passed in the manor of El-mio, every morning Dio would rise from breakfast and join the wizard at the large dining table. A curious thing he noted was the wizards habit to set out three plates as if he was always expecting someone to just show up, demanding to be fed. Dio would spend the rest of the morning wandering the library and reading musty tomes and other books in the wizards collection, Dio found himself fond of the expansive romance section. Dio would eat lunch alone as El-mio was busy in his tower more often than not. Early afternoons the vultan left the manor and walked the garden stopping to feed the various birds that gather atop the idle golems. Late afternoon he found time to practice his strikes and exercise. When dinner would come Dio would re-enter the manor itself and join El-mio in the dining room.

On the thirteenth day however when Dio was in the middle of feeding birds numerous women in plated silver armor swooped down from the skies. They were the honor guard, special forces of the royal family the best warriors of the Keres. All of them wielded a polearm of one kind or another, Halberds Spears, Ranseurs, pole axes, Glaives, or Scythes. In addition to this all had a longbow and quiver, with a short sword strapped to their mail clad thighs.

“Dio in the name of Prince Cormac your heart is ours!” The leader cried as she lead the charge. Her halberd crashing into the stone path through the gardens, narrowly missing the Vultan.

“I had expected you to attack much sooner!” Dio replied grabbing his sword and swinging down upon the commander.

The heavy blow from his sword was parried, the commander pushing away her opponents attack “How did you do it? How did you convince a Keres to betray her people!” The commander roared. Two other honor guards coming in for the kill behind the Vultan.

The spear of one of the honor guard catching between sections of armor and pierced Dio's shoulder the other having missed from Dio's reaction to being stabbed. Raising his sword he swung his blade in a large arc, catching both of his attackers in a single swing. “It was your people that Betrayed us! Just as your Prince betrays the keres now!” He spoke in a bitter tone.

The other honor guard circled overhead watching the fight below. This was not a fight they could easily win like last time, No this time Dio was healed and capable of fighting back. The two honor guards hit after their attack had crumpled to the ground attempting to crawl away with their wounds.

Souhiro
2012-11-06, 03:16 AM
Sorry. YEsterday, my modem failed me. And since we start at 21:00 at GMT+1, everything was closed, I tried EVERYTHING: Linux, FreeBSD, Nuklear Power, Yelling at it, Throwing a shoe... but my modem didn't work.

What did I miss?

Amondais
2012-11-06, 09:25 AM
Sorry. YEsterday, my modem failed me. And since we start at 21:00 at GMT+1, everything was closed, I tried EVERYTHING: Linux, FreeBSD, Nuklear Power, Yelling at it, Throwing a shoe... but my modem didn't work.

What did I miss?

Now that I am back from voting...

EVERYTHING...
Group made it to Mezzoharn, they considered attempting a slave revolt but me saying Ogre Magi (plural) made them realize it would be dangerous and very hard to pull off without sitting down for weeks on end to plan something out.

They found the location of the Oracle and left for a fortress once ruled by a Dracolich...

After entering the Fortress they met a Sphynx who gave them riddles to answer. The first Alastor managed to get right rather easily... the Second was less fair and stumped the party. The Hungry Sphynx attacked but was killed by a group effort.

Beyond the Sphynx they found the Dracolich's Phlactery and destroyed it... Along with part of Azrial D'lere's Scythe which housed the souls of those killed by the lich... including the seven heroes. (well... 6 of em anyway)

They revealed that Denuu was not one of the Seven Heroes and that she was one who suggested to Ivan on the method to seal Azrial.

we ended after that.

Souhiro
2012-11-06, 10:14 AM
Now that I think...

ah) Denuu asked us to kill the heroes and reunite the fragments of the mask
be) Azrial don't wear pants, nor Eris does (http://i.imgur.com/vdHim.png)
say) Azrial uses a Scythe, and so does Eris

GASP!!!

Cht. Some sendings and Scrying would have been more than handy in last season, and a mix of Clerical & Arcane magic, buffing Alastor's leadership would have worked wonders ralling the masses.

Yellow Eyes
2012-11-06, 07:37 PM
Now that I am back from voting...

EVERYTHING...
Group made it to Mezzoharn, they considered attempting a slave revolt but me saying Ogre Magi (plural) made them realize it would be dangerous and very hard to pull off without sitting down for weeks on end to plan something out.

They found the location of the Oracle and left for a fortress once ruled by a Dracolich...

After entering the Fortress they met a Sphynx who gave them riddles to answer. The first Alastor managed to get right rather easily... the Second was less fair and stumped the party. The Hungry Sphynx attacked but was killed by a group effort.

Beyond the Sphynx they found the Dracolich's Phlactery and destroyed it... Along with part of Azrial D'lere's Scythe which housed the souls of those killed by the lich... including the seven heroes. (well... 6 of em anyway)

They revealed that Denuu was not one of the Seven Heroes and that she was one who suggested to Ivan on the method to seal Azrial.

we ended after that.

I thought it was the BEHOLDER magi that made us turn tail? We bought the gnomes and one elf female to free them, but couldn't buy any more lest we draw too much attention to ourselves.

ALSO: The +6 ring of charisma? Yeah, it turns whoever wears it into a troll.

Souhiro
2012-11-07, 02:43 AM
...The +6 ring of charisma? Yeah, it turns whoever wears it into a troll.
Of course it does!

It's a Ring of Trolling.

Amondais
2012-11-07, 07:27 AM
Orginally it was just a ring that made you appear as a troll... But as you lost power the group thought it might be funny to tell you it was +6 Cha Ring... that turned you into a troll.

Over the week I decided to keep the +6 cha on the ring.

Also please for my own sanity, no one try wearing that and the Drow ring at the same time. (My best guess off the top of my head is being reduced to a puddle of ooze or... exploding, Black Troll, Troll Elf, or you might somehow summon http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/demon/unique/treerazer )

Souhiro
2012-11-07, 08:28 AM
And... what if Brendam wore the Ring of Trolling, the Ring of Drows, and then he DUCKs?

Amondais
2012-11-07, 03:25 PM
And... what if Brendam wore the Ring of Trolling, the Ring of Drows, and then he DUCKs?

You summon Baba yaga who will steal your pants, then send you to another dimension... forever.

and when you arrive, everyone will mock Brendam for being a pantless nerd.

Yellow Eyes
2012-11-07, 05:54 PM
You summon Baba yaga who will steal your pants, then send you to another dimension... forever.

and when you arrive, everyone will mock Brendam for being a pantless nerd.We do that anyway.

Souhiro
2012-11-08, 03:41 AM
We do that anyway.

Yeah, but in that dimension there won't be more pants to steal!!
(Also, I think Brendam would stole Baba Yaga's pants while she's stealing Brendam's)

Just one thing... How much would cost (in days and time) to craft another Amulet of Death Protection (http://endofdaylight.wikia.com/wiki/Lewt#Silver.27s_Lair)? I was thinking about upgrading the Natural Armor amulets we still have, so they would protect us against Death, too.

Amondais
2012-11-08, 07:22 AM
Yeah, but in that dimension there won't be more pants to steal!!
(Also, I think Brendam would stole Baba Yaga's pants while she's stealing Brendam's)

Just one thing... How much would cost (in days and time) to craft another Amulet of Death Protection (http://endofdaylight.wikia.com/wiki/Lewt#Silver.27s_Lair)? I was thinking about upgrading the Natural Armor amulets we still have, so they would protect us against Death, too.

You need CL of 18 to make one and the spells Limited Wish, and Energy Drain (9th level spell) and the cost to craft is 90,000gp

Souhiro
2012-11-08, 08:01 AM
GASP!!!!

Er... I think we'll have till we get the money!

Amondais
2012-11-08, 04:34 PM
GASP!!!!

Er... I think we'll have till we get the money!
lol You also need to be level 18

Amondais
2012-11-08, 10:02 PM
*ATTENTION*

Homework for you guys, think of 1-3 questions you want to ask the Oracle on Monday when you meet it... The Oracle will only answer a maximum of three questions to a single person.

feel free to post the questions in this thread.

RinDitirini
2012-11-08, 11:23 PM
*ATTENTION*

Homework for you guys, think of 1-3 questions you want to ask the Oracle on Monday when you meet it... The Oracle will only answer a maximum of three questions to a single person.

feel free to post the questions in this thread.

"Can the deep gnomes of 'insert name' be trusted?"

"Can Grandhammers destruction be prevented?"

"What is the salvation for her people in the desert?"

Paperscrap
2012-11-09, 10:00 PM
Brendam said...
be) Azrial don't wear pants, nor Eris does
say) Azrial uses a Scythe, and so does Eris

HOW DID YOU KNOW!?

In all seriousness, I guess the things Eris would ask are as follows:
1) What's happened to the prince?
2) What is Denuu up to?
3) Could Azrial's soul be trapped with his own scythe?

As a heads up, I will very likely be about 3-4 hours late on Monday since I have a test I have to take care of on Tuesday that will require some last minute studying. If you guys get into combat and find you need Eris, you can get her sheet here. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=429389) She's really straight forward to play, just go after the highest priority target first and full attack whenever you can - always doing the power attack. Also make sure you beg Brendam for haste since it's probably the biggest contributing buff ever. The only thing that's not really straight forward and pure numbers is the improved iron will feat she has - blow that if you get hit by a nasty will save spell and need a reroll.

Yellow Eyes
2012-11-10, 12:51 AM
"How might I achieve my goal without them cowering?"

"How might I keep to my philosophy when it is achieved?"

"What is the significance of the Blue Moon?"

Paperscrap
2012-11-10, 12:05 PM
One thing someone might want to ask is how to free the souls that are currently trapped in the scythe, since it seems like it'd be a less than noble thing to have them stuck in there forever - especially if the weapon is going to be eventually used to contain Azrial's spirit

Amondais
2012-11-10, 02:40 PM
Hylda will not be here on Monday either (due to vacation or work I believe)

So, I am thinking we will either start later on Monday or I will just hold off and we can play the following Monday.

Paperscrap
2012-11-10, 02:58 PM
Up to you guys, I'm okay with either! It would be nice to know ahead of time, though, so I can force myself into more study time if we're not going to play.

Amondais
2012-11-10, 03:31 PM
Up to you guys, I'm okay with either! It would be nice to know ahead of time, though, so I can force myself into more study time if we're not going to play.

Classes/Tests trump D&D so, gonna call it for this week then. We will play the following Monday, good luck with your test.

Yellow Eyes
2012-11-10, 08:58 PM
Honestly, I think it would be best to skip it. We'd only have maybe half the time we usually have, and even then it would only be 3 people. Unless things change quickly, anyway.

Amondais
2012-11-11, 02:01 AM
Next game is November 19th at 3pm EST (which is next monday of course)
Also if you guys like over this week we could try to do PBP over this week but thats entirely up to you guys.

Souhiro
2012-11-11, 01:55 PM
Ok, It's better for me (I will be travelling for all the night, and surely I would fall asleep in the middle of the game)

Also, my questions would be about saving the world: Brendam is the kind of man that thinks that arcane power must be gained with research and hard work.

- (If Azrial's Soul cannot be imprisoned in his own scythe then he would ask) How can we defeat forever Azrial?
- How can we free the souls inside the scyte, without harming them nor dooming them to oblivion?

And he's about to ask for Azrial's weakness, but then he remembers his origins... the main force that is pushing him forward to improve his power... For once, in a lifetime, he will think with his heart, instead of his head.

- What I must do to free my mother from the dungeons my father casted her into, and ensure she isn't pursued anymore?

EDIT: If the Scythe is the weakness (he could be imprisoned there in, or in a new Scythe) then he would ask for Azrial's truth and complete story... or where could we found it, should the oracle be unable to tell us the truth, all the truth and only the truth.

Paperscrap
2012-11-11, 06:58 PM
Brendam, you should make me one of these (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAhPbLjYsjE&feature=related)!

You might also be interested in this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBwVX0yJq0o).

Yellow Eyes
2012-11-12, 12:01 AM
While we're on the subject (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fxVeAVl2I8)

Amondais
2012-11-12, 07:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ-5sJcxvwQ combo breaker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsRNTlIhuuU&feature=player_detailpage#t=613s the truth about fetch questing.

Souhiro
2012-11-13, 05:22 AM
Horreur! A blade that destroy PANTS! The existence of that foul thing is a crime against nature!!!

Brendam will leave the party and only go back when The Blade That Never Should Have Been Forged is destroyed, forever and ever!

(An Scry, Teleport, Dissintegrate and Teleport Back Later)

"Yo. Missed me?"

Amondais
2012-11-13, 01:13 PM
(An Scry, Teleport, Dissintegrate and Teleport Back Later)

Artifacts are never destroyed in such a simple fashion, nay the Pant Cutter must be used to cut the pants off an Ettin cleric of at least 18th level. Said Ettin must be wearing its pants on its head too.

Yellow Eyes
2012-11-13, 04:49 PM
Artifacts are never destroyed in such a simple fashion, nay the Pant Cutter must be used to cut the pants off an Ettin cleric of at least 18th level. Said Ettin must be wearing its pants on its head too.Honestly, that's ridiculous. Totally ridiculous.

The Pantscutter Sword is a myth. A mere story, told to impressionable and ugly elf children to convince them to wander away from home so that the rest of the elves can keep things looking nice.

Fanciful poppycock, mark my words. Hmph.

Souhiro
2012-11-15, 02:42 PM
Artifacts are never destroyed in such a simple fashion, nay the Pant Cutter must be used to cut the pants off an Ettin cleric of at least 18th level. Said Ettin must be wearing its pants on its head too.

Well, It's said that DUCK MAGIC can destroy even the most powerful artifact!

DUCK MAGIC can even undo the 4th edition... if you can convince enough DUCKs to do it!

Paperscrap
2012-11-15, 07:45 PM
brendam pls

Amondais
2012-11-15, 08:13 PM
Clearly Brendam has been replaced by a duck...

Yellow Eyes
2012-11-15, 08:16 PM
Clearly Brendam has been replaced by a duck...Or perhaps... this is his true form?

_loOol_

Souhiro
2012-11-16, 07:20 AM
Brendam is going to make a new magical item.

I call it THE DUCK NOTE. A black notebook with special powers:

The ones whose name is written in this notebook shall be a duck.
This notebook will not take effect unless the writer has the subject's face in their mind when writing his/her name. Therefore, people sharing the same name will not be affected.
If the cause of duckification is written within 40 seconds of writing the person's name, it will happen.
If the cause of duckification is not specified, the person will simply become an goose, then a duck.
After writing the cause of duckification, the details of the duckification should be written in the next 6 minutes and 40 seconds.

The one who possess the DUCK NOTE shall be accompanied by a "Ahirugami" or "Duck God", that will make fun of him. Nobody will be able to see or listen the Ahirugami, unless he has touched the DUCK NOTE.

Amondais
2012-11-16, 07:27 AM
Brendam seems to forget, those that possess such items always meet with a bad end.

Anyway looking forward to Monday~!

Also :( Why did I decide to take my moped to work when it was 20 outside.... swear I felt like I was frozen by the time I got there and when I got home.

Souhiro
2012-11-16, 09:11 AM
Hey! Today I went to work in a bike, It was 5ºC!

RinDitirini
2012-11-16, 03:20 PM
Just a heads up, holiday season is on and my stores gonna be open next Monday. I'll likely be gone most of the weeks.

Amondais
2012-11-19, 07:47 AM
-Attention-
You guys have a 5th now~!
Not sure if she will be ready for tomo-today... As I only really got a chance to talk to them yesterday before I had to go to work.

Anyway Game today at the usual time... I will auto pilot Hylda for the purpose of getting her questions answered.

Also I hope you guys like tentacles.

Souhiro
2012-11-19, 09:10 AM
Tentacles?
I like ducks better.

Yellow Eyes
2012-11-19, 01:47 PM
-Attention-
You guys have a 5th now~!
Not sure if she will be ready for tomo-today... As I only really got a chance to talk to them yesterday before I had to go to work.

Anyway Game today at the usual time... I will auto pilot Hylda for the purpose of getting her questions answered.

Also I hope you guys like tentacles.
That all depends on what KIND of tentacles.

Souhiro
2012-11-20, 02:07 PM
I think Amon was talking about these tentacles:

https://sites.google.com/site/pathfinderogc/config/app/images/BeyondTheSeal.jpg

EDIT:

http://static2.cuantocabron.com/ccs/2012/11/CC_1783458_otros_antes_prefiero_que_me_explote_la_ cabeza_de_dolor.jpg

RinDitirini
2012-11-25, 11:57 AM
New blood? Is she hot? Does she like dorfs? :smallbiggrin:

Amondais
2012-11-25, 08:26 PM
New blood? Is she hot? Does she like dorfs? :smallbiggrin:

Don't think so, and thats not really the point.

RinDitirini
2012-11-26, 12:26 AM
Don't think so, and thats not really the point.

It's only not if we don't make it!

Souhiro
2012-11-26, 06:05 AM
Hey, for Rin-Rin, and New-New (We don't know his/her name yet!)

Short story:

We went to see the Giant Oracle, and this is what we got:

1: A Lousy T-Shirt (I would explode if I couldn't say that!)
2: There are three known ways to defeat Azrial:
- To imprison him in his scythe, but this would dooming the heroes already inside on it, since we must purify the blade and baptist it in the seven primordial planes to free the Heroes... thus destroying the scythe!
- To use the ashes of "The First Being", The First Angel, the Adam of this world, but that would kill all the magic in our world (and render planar travel impossible)
- To defeat his vampire minion in a starthip, but that will kill thousands that are hybernating.

There is also a spell: Hellfire, that dooms its victim to Hell, but I think Azrial can easily come back from hell just casting Plane-Shift, slighty annoyed 'I have just seen my ex-wife in hell'

To Do:
- Reforge and Purify Az's blade. Eris also needs to tame it. We must do that, even if we want to destroy it or kill Big Az' with it.
- Find an alternate way to extract the souls. I'm pretty sure that Miracle and Wish can do it, but I fear those could only save a soul per Wish/Miracle. Maybe "Trap the Soul" or something like that could extract a soul from the Scythe (I fear those would extract only one per casting) Perhaps an artifact, or if there isn't any artifact like that, then somebody must make it.
- We must help to make the Exodus from HyldaTown if the dwarves want to survive. I tought about purchasing some wagons for crossing the desert, and asking Silver for help in crossing the seas; while the too old or weak could been teelported (Apart from not being able to survive the trip, they would slow the march) but this plan still would take months. The quickest and safest way would be to raise some funds, and purchase a scroll of Teleportation Circle. (4900GP)
- Eris' prince is possessed, nuts, or both; but Eris is The Chosen One who will snap him out.
- Alastor will be always called Isaac, plus he will be the Bigger Bad.
- Brendam must kill his (adoptive) father (and maybe marry his adoptive grandmother) to save the Elven Lands.

We also fought a summoner/synthetist, and for once Brenn will was darn useful in the combat! I liked the badass scenario of him, with only 2HP left, debuffing the Big Bad. "I can fall, but Eris cannot".

I want to keep the Summoner's head, so Donovan can interrogate him (Only the a part with a mouth is needed, so the head is more than enough) I want to ask him:

- How do you comunicate with your Boss?
- What did you said him last time you called him? ¿And when did you call him, or he called you?
- What was EXACTLY your mission here
- What do you think about ducks? Do you like them?
- What did you boss told you about us?
- Do your boss FEAR US or is he plaining to USE US?
- What are your boss weaknesses?
- Where are your treasures? We're short of money and need cash ASAP. You're our only hope of an income of cash.

Souhiro
2012-11-27, 03:08 AM
I didn't sayit yesterday: Welcome, Milhail, and sorry for my awful grammar

Amondais
2012-11-30, 12:33 AM
Alright It has been requested (You know who you are!) That I post a list of items you got last session along with the value of the items.

What you got off the Summoner

Headband of Alluring Charisma +6 - 36,000(18000)gp
A Magic Ring - Failed to ID
A Magic Cloak - Failed to ID
Girdle of Constitution +4 - 16,000 (8000)gp

Inside the Gallery you found
A Magical Dagger with a star scape blade. - Failed to ID but most likely an artifact.
Jeweled Gauntlets: Market Value 200300gp (Can sell for 90,000gp in Midland and 100150 in Sword point (a city none of you have been to yet.)

Jeweled Gauntlets give the wearer a +5 Enhancement bonus on unarmed strikes, and on a critical hit the target must make a save or become slowed (DC 15 will). That's all you know about them... so far.

Paperscrap
2012-11-30, 04:55 PM
I think I found an easy way for us to get some more cash - we'll just haste brendam and enter him in one of these races (www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW2rZfSEZHU&#t=4m28s).

And are we going to sell the gauntlets? It seems like a shame but I question their worth when we all have fighter gauntlets. The only character I think who would benefit from them over instead is Franz, but even that would be kind of questionable since it comes with a hefty penalty to the rapier (which is probably really substantial considering the 35+ AC we've ran up against on bosses). Switching over to full fists means losing all of that damage from the Agile weapon too.

Yellow Eyes
2012-11-30, 05:09 PM
I think I found an easy way for us to get some more cash - we'll just haste brendam and enter him in one of these races (www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW2rZfSEZHU&#t=4m28s).

And are we going to sell the gauntlets? It seems like a shame but I question their worth when we all have fighter gauntlets. The only character I think who would benefit from them over instead is Franz, but even that would be kind of questionable since it comes with a hefty penalty to the rapier (which is probably really substantial considering the 35+ AC we've ran up against on bosses). Switching over to full fists means losing all of that damage from the Agile weapon too.
Nobody can really make use of them- we can, however, make use of SWEET, SWEET GOLD.

Amondais
2012-11-30, 10:51 PM
Nobody can really make use of them- we can, however, make use of SWEET, SWEET GOLD.

But what about the Gauntlet's Feelings?

Yellow Eyes
2012-11-30, 11:09 PM
But what about the Gauntlet's Feelings?The gauntlet is jeweled. It is part of the aristocracy.

It is the 1%.

It will get no sympathy from me.

Souhiro
2012-12-01, 09:06 PM
You know... Brenn always can re-enchant them and makes gloves of dueling with +5 to unarmeds thatn slows targets.

I don't know how rules would manage it, but could Fran attack with Rapier AND unarmed, as if she were dual-wielding? A Stunning-Slowing attack (while hasted) will be PAINFUL, but more painful if she also lands a blow with her rapier.

Paperscrap
2012-12-02, 01:48 AM
That's possible to do, considering the gloves of dueling aren't very expensive and I'm guessing the enchant wouldn't take longer than a couple of weeks!

The main downside to that, though, is the obvious thing of losing over 20k per person - I don't know about everyone else, but that gold would have been great for boosting my AC up since Eris has slipped in that department compared to the other two meleers.

As for the fist thing, Brendam, I don't think Franz would be doing that since she lacks any kind of dual wielding feats / probably wouldn't take a further penalty to attack bonus. Her fist, at least from what I gleaned on looking at her sheet, is for synergizing with the Snake Fang feat that grants a free attack of opportunity (with a fist) whenever someone misses her. Since she has far and above the highest AC (when fighting defensively) of everyone in the party, I don't really imagine a lot of people would be making that mistake twice when there are easier and higher priority targets to take out. I could totally be wrong on all of this, of course, but the build even with the gloves seems to be prioritizing the rapier due to it's higher damage / attack bonus.

It really comes down to whether or not that niche upgrade + time and money spent is better than more money flushed back into our pocketbooks and reinvested in better ways. I normally wouldn't care but this item is worth quiiiiiite a bit!

Amondais
2012-12-02, 02:59 AM
You know... Brenn always can re-enchant them and makes gloves of dueling with +5 to unarmeds thatn slows targets.

I don't know how rules would manage it, but could Fran attack with Rapier AND unarmed, as if she were dual-wielding? A Stunning-Slowing attack (while hasted) will be PAINFUL, but more painful if she also lands a blow with her rapier.

Possible, but unlikely unless you manage to convince the gloves to allow itself to be enchanted. I guess I should stop dancing around the bonfire and admit that the gloves are intelligent.

You can still sell them however... but its why those gloves are insanely expensive.