PDA

View Full Version : Psychic?

Jodah
2012-05-06, 04:32 AM
Has anyone played with green ronin's psychic? If so what sort of experience did you get? Was it fun? What tier would you place it in? Does it seem different enough from truenaming (the only other skill based caster I am aware of)? Basically, Anything and everything you hated/loved about the class.

Background (spoiled to prevent wall of text; main crux, and the point of this thread, is above)
For those who care why the question is asked: I am making a new world and I am specifically abandoning the standard casting classes (and standard casting in general). This means that ToM is go, invocation users, blade magic, incarnum, and a homebrewed system of mana for bards (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239446) because I couldn't let them be taken away. Artificer is another exception because of the crafting focus being cool, though I waffle on this point. I am avoiding psionics as well because I don't like that system for this world either, this is a more gut reaction thing that I don't really know why I decided (but I understand that the system is in general good, same as standard casting).

I strongly desire to add more classes with weird forms of magic, but I don't want to add something that is unbalancing to the other classes available, and what I have done has made tier 3 the new cap (except artificers, and this is the reason I flip flop).

I entirely plan to let the playground know how this all turns out, and I even plan to post the entire world once it is done, but I have learned enough to know that you guys are pretty good at judging things like this. So please help me rate awesomeness vs balance (and figure out if that is even a problem).

Jodah
2012-05-06, 02:07 PM
So am I to take it that no one has played this class? That honestly surprises me.

Empedocles
2012-05-06, 02:12 PM
I've played one once, but it was a very low OP campaign. It was quite functional and seemed well designed, and played like a low Tier 3 I think.