PDA

View Full Version : StP Erudite Spell Choices. Help!

Ezra_The_Mad
2012-05-06, 11:31 AM
Hi! As you probably gathered from the title, i intend to play a Spell-To-Power Erudite. It's been approved by the DM, along with a request to try and keep it from getting insane. It's roughly a Tier 3 and up game (The DM's challenge to us was to try and not use core classes) so i'm not super worried about outshining my party members. Anyway, i'm having trouble picking spells. I'm going through d20SRD, but so far my only "for sure" hits are Stoneskin and Forcecage. I'd like suggestions for each spell level, if you have them. Thanks!

Ezra_The_Mad
2012-05-06, 06:37 PM
Bump, bumpity, bump bump bump!

Flickerdart
2012-05-06, 06:40 PM
Mental Pinnacle, in case you ever feel like getting a bunch of infinite PP.

Soranar
2012-05-06, 07:36 PM
1 True strike, sometimes even touch attacks are hard to land
1 identify, always useful
1 magic missile, always hits
1 enlarge person (stacks with expansion so...)

Spuddles
2012-05-06, 07:49 PM
What level, sources, etc.

Deox
2012-05-07, 01:12 AM
Don't use Stoneskin, use Heart of Earth instead (from Complete Mage).

Gives you passive buffs, temp HP, and can be used to grant stoneskin without the costly component. With the other Heart of X spells can even grant you immunity to crits / sneak attacks

Zonugal
2012-05-07, 01:20 AM
Don't use Stoneskin, use Heart of Earth instead (from Complete Mage).

Gives you passive buffs, temp HP, and can be used to grant stoneskin without the costly component. With the other Heart of X spells can even grant you immunity to crits / sneak attacks

Not a big problem for a StP Erudite.

Wubs
2012-05-07, 01:25 AM
1 Haste (Trapsmith, Dungeonscape)

2 Hero's Fortune (Pathfinder)
2 Alter Self (SRD)
2 Energy Missile (SRD)
2 Wings of Cover (Races of the dragon? or Dragon magic? I forget)

are my lower level picks offhand.

Myth
2012-05-07, 02:43 AM
What level are you, pray tell?

Ezra_The_Mad
2012-05-08, 07:25 AM
I'll answer a few of the questions.

this is just preplanning, so we'll assume i went Erudite 20, for whatever reason.
I'm fairly certain a StP Erudite never actually gets access to 9th level spells until epic :smallfurious: but that's a small price. As long as you can name a source, it's fine, but i'd like to avoid Dragon Magazine stuff. Thank you for all the input so far.