PDA

View Full Version : Adventures of the Twilight Skimmer (Privateers IC)

Hbgplayer
2012-05-06, 03:35 PM
Everyone minus Jobb the Monkey:
Here you are. Where ever you have come from, and for whatever reason you have for coming, you have arrived. You are standing along a busy street in the North West area of the city of Anora, a huge, bustling metropolis home to 607 thousand peoples, and capital of the Republic of Anora and Karn. You are currently standing in the shadow of the 60 foot tall wall that separates the docks and the Bay of Karn (http://www.freesound.org/people/inchadney/sounds/78389/) from the city. Around you see a variety of creatures, going about their business, but you notice there seems to be a small number of eclectic people moving in the same general direction as you are, which is towards the largest ship you have ever seen.
Docked in Public Pier 7 sits a ship of gigantic proportions; the stern rises almost forty feet out of the water, the main deck 20 feet. It seems to be about fifty feet at its beam, and it has to be at least triple that in length! Towering of the decks of the ship are four masts, each rising about 70 feet off the main deck. As you approach the ship, you notice there are a large number of evenly spaced portholes cut into the hull of the ship along the side of the ship in two rows. Belatedly, you notice there is a line of people of all sorts trying to board the ship, starting at the end of the gang-plank where there is a desk with what appears to be a half-elf and a gnome sitting there. The line is moving at a constant, but slow, pace, and about one in five people are permitted to go on board, all after signing a sheet of parchment on the desk. That must be the famous Captain Ernest Whitebeard, whom you have come for.

Jobb the Monkey:
It’s been a little over three years since you were polymorphed into your present form. You have since made it back to the City of Anora, and have made an interesting living, acting as a monkey on the streets; you have garnered a reputation among local shopkeepers, some of whom curse the sight of you, for they know you have probably already stolen a fruit or such from their stalls, while others welcome the sight of you, for they know that where you go, so do curious on-lookers, as there are few other monkeys in the area.
While you have yet to learn how to use your tiny monkey vocal cords to make anything even resembling common (http://www.hark.com/clips/mmhmjzjkzt-capuchin-monkey-2), you can still read and, to a very limited extent, write, so you know that the war between the Marlon Empire and the Republic is starting to heat-up again, and that a famous ship’s Captain by the name of Whitebeard is recruiting, which is what led you to where you are now, sitting on the yard-arm of a ship two piers down from the gigantic ship that can be none-other’s than Whitebeard’s. It seems, to you, that it would be quite easy to jump the neighboring ship’s rigging, and from there to Whitebeard’s.

missmvicious
2012-05-06, 03:46 PM
Delaney approaches the line feeling the tingles of excitement about the chance to help her kingdom in this war. She keeps scanning the area looking at the various people all gathering. She is amazed at the level of diversity displayed at the docks. "I wonder why so many people are getting sent away." She wonders out loud, a little worried that she wont be deemed sea worthy.

thorgrim29
2012-05-06, 04:15 PM
Connor

His purse jingling the silver he'd won at cards over the last few days (the gold is more securely hidden in his boots) less all the drinks he'd had and a confident grin on his face, Connor Wilson joined the line to board the Twilight Skimmer. His distinctive red hair is visible from far away as he stands a good head taller then most of the people there. He walks with the gait of a man who's spent most of the last decade on a ship, and tough he is still young, his face shows the signs of exposure to salty wind, with vibrant green eyes standing out. His clothes and weapons, typical in style for a sailor, are new and well made, and he wears a pair of glasses tied to a chain around his neck. A cutlass, a dirk and a wand sit on his belt, and an especially keen eye would note the other daggers, one in his left boot, one at each forearm, and the last one in his quiver, not to mention the silvery chain shirt worn under his clothes. He carries on his shoulders a large map case and an impressive looking crossbow along with a backpack filled mostly with journals, some filled with the tedium and occasional excitement of five years in the Anoran navy as a junior pilot, some still blank.

As the line moves forward, he scans the crowd, trying to guess which ones of them would be his future crewmates, the idea of not making the cut barely crossing his mind. He's also wary of pickpockets.

Marlowe
2012-05-06, 08:45 PM
Octavia skips quickly to the last place in the line. She's happy with the thought of leaving the city. It stinks like a gigantic sewer which, to a very large extent, it was. It would be nice if the the shipboard life smelt better, but it'll probably stink of sweat, rot, and worse excretions. Kinda like a Paladin after three days on the road.

Still, any career move that took her further from her erstwhile companions was a sound one. That Rutger of Chellons. Such a goiter. To make such a to-do over the price of a couple of resurrection scrolls. Especially when I killed him quickly both times. Octavia didn't want to spend the rest of her life killing things. Well, she corrected herself, she was an adventurer, so of course she did. But she'd rather kill things that have something worth looting and don't just get their tedious friends to keep rezzing them.

The first appearance of the vessel she's signing on for brings a rush of excitement, followed by misgivings. Four masts? Portholes? Portholes? And only twenty feet of freeboard? Did they get a Bard to design this thing?

arkol
2012-05-06, 11:31 PM
Ku, Kenku Rogue

Ku hops around the pier, trying to find the place to sign in. Using his small size he cut's the line whenever he sees the people are distracted hoping into palce like he has always been there.

His dark cloak covers him from head to below his knees, leaving only a pair of almost chicken like yellow feet showing.

He keeps his senses sharp trying to spot any others of his kind, and avoid them, if possible.

Postmodernist
2012-05-07, 11:27 AM
Anchor, Warforged Cleric

Anchor looms ominously over most everyone in line, his massive frame out of place amidst the smaller, leaner rogues and buccaneers. Most of these sailors considered themselves to have seen everything, but this construct made of salt-rimmed adamantium unnerved them. Even more disturbing was that despite the warforged's silence, the sounds of the sea seemed to emanate from him. Most kept their distance from their potential crewmate.

Anchor seems to carry very little other than his weapons, the bag slung across his shoulder appears to contain barely anything. A large, well-wrought trident is strapped to his broad back, an amethyst glittering in the large central tine of the spear. A quartet of javelins sit adjacent to the trident, and a large net sits, carefully folded, at his belt. As though anything could be deemed out of place on such a creature, two incongruous details stand out. A pair of supple black velvet gloves adorn Anchor's hands, strange lights seeming to swim out of them. Last, a strange bluish black symbol, a stylized wave, dangles from a simple leather cord from his neck. The construct stands impassively, evidently oblivious to the stares he draws, as he waits in line for his opportunity to speak with Whitebeard.

Marlowe
2012-05-07, 11:48 AM
Octavia's had enough time in the city to change her bloodstained student robes out for a snugly-fitting set of clothes in non-threatening autumnal colours. Practical and unpretentious, but unfortunately making it plain that she has become somewhat remarkably underweight under the stress of her career so far. What happened to the pounds? Come to think of it, what are pounds? Kilos, those I understand..

She's jolted out of this by a bird-headed being slipping past her and moving up the line. She blinks a couple of times. Parrot. That was the ships' parrot. Nothing unusual at all. Just as she gets to the end of this comforting thought she is conscious of a shadow falling across her. She half-turns.

Black Flames on the Sea of Chaos what is that...THING? It looks like a Golem married a Treeant.The line shuffles forward and she regains her composure. OK girl, it's just normal big-city variety. So it's more than we got in Commoner academy. You can deal with it. The thing behind us is probably designed to be the helmsman. he'd be good at it.

The line shuffles forward again. What am I thinking? Pirate ship. They'll give the helmsman post to some uberpetit ethnic chick who can barely reach the top of the binnacle.. Beat. Damn. That's me isn't it?

thorgrim29
2012-05-07, 12:20 PM
Connor

Well, that's new

Thinks Connor with a raised eyebrow as he spots Anchor.

ninthbit
2012-05-07, 02:22 PM
Kash, Hadozee Druid

Kash, resting on a roofs edge near the docks, sees that Captain Whitebeard’s ship is even more impressive than that described. Talking to his companion Aquila; a very well fed White-Bellied Sea Eagle, Kash looks down to the masses.

In elven, “I see that quite a horde has turned out to seek service. This Captain Whitebeard must be living up to his reputation. E’aneyf was right in suggesting I look here if I insist on venturing for a new home at sea.” As usual, Aquila provides no meaningful response or indication of understanding.

Squinting to get a better look at what at first seems to be a moving statue (Anchor), “What the what? Is that man wearing a full suit of armor? With this weather? And why is everyone looking at him?... I need to check this out.” He looks to Aquila “Well, off we go.” Jumping clear and away from the building, Kash extends his arms so the patagial membranes can catch the air. Gliding down to an opening between the crowd and the man, he quickly notices that this is most definitely NOT a huge man in armor.

Nearly unrecognizable as Common with his thick elven accent, “Excuse me sir, however to abate my curiosity, I must inquire… What manor of creature are you?” Without leaving a pause for a reply, “I’m sorry… it is sir, correct? I mean no offense.” Putting his hand over his heart and slightly dipping his head, “I am Kash.”

Aquila - Eagle Animal Companion

Aquila (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White-bellied_Sea_Eagle) -
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4f/Haliaeetus_leucogaster_-Gippsland%2C_Victoria%2C_Australia-8.jpg

Animal Companion
Medium Magical Beast
HD: 3d8+6 (19 HP)
Init: +2
Speed: 10, Fly 80 (average)
AC 15 (+2 Dex, +3 Nat) Touch 12, Flat-Foot 13
BAB: +3
Attack: Talons +6 (1d6+2)
Full Attack: 2 Talons and Bite, +0 (1d6+2)
Special Quality: Low-Light Vision
Saves: Fort , Ref, Will
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 2, Wis 14, Cha 6
Skills: Listen +2, Spot +16
Feats: Weapon Focus(Talons), Fly-by Attack
Light Load: =< 66 lbs (+4Str=116 lbs)

AsDeR
2012-05-07, 03:59 PM
Jobb, excelent gentleman and banana lover

Jobb enjoys the view from the yard-arm, Well that looks promising thinks from himself while inspecting the huge ship from above. If he was going to a war, better do it in style... huge warship style.

He grabs the yard-arm with a hand and whirls to gain speed before jumping to the next ship's rigging, smiling in mid air as he does, after all a ship is a giant playground for a monkey. He grabs the rigging and start climbing and moving from rope to rope until he reaches Cpt. Whitebeard's ship. As soon as he aboards it, he climbs to the crow's nest and checks everything from there.

He sees the long line of volunteers parading to the ship. He sees the two gentlemen dealing with the paperwork. He sees the remarkable iron man. He sees... a big flying monkey. What?? A myriad of thoughts cross his already weird mind, and he just picks one up randomly. This is going to be interesting...

Jump check: [roll0] +2 for a running start if the whirling thing count as one.

Postmodernist
2012-05-07, 04:12 PM
Anchor's adamantine face remains unchanged, though his surprisingly resonant voice expresses curiosity at the unusual creature that has just glided down and introduced itself. "Greetings, Kash. This one is called Anchor, although I accept 'sir' as most assume I am a male, though my people do not understand such distinctions. My kind are known as the warforged, and the few of us that exist were built for the conflict between Anora and The Empire." He responds to the Hadozee's formality with an awkward bow. A piece of seaweed falls forward from beneath his heavily armored plating, and the metal giant pauses to remove the greenish mass."I apologize if I am impolite, as I am not well-versed in social exchanges of this variety. What manner of creature are you? Are you a sir or a ma'am?"

ninthbit
2012-05-07, 10:54 PM
"Built? No gender? You're some sort of automaton?"

Realizing this is not a constructed suit with a gnome or other very small controller inside, Kash begins jumping around from excitment, Kash loses his composure and digresses to his more native elven. "Ohh, this is amazing. I've seen golems before, but nothing as complex as this. The guardians that protected my home had NO cognitive capabilities." Excitedly, Kash begins poking and examining Anchors construction, paying no attention to social protocols such as personal space. "Even after a decade they would still activate in my proximity. They could not handle that I was a resident, all they saw was not an elf born of that community. How fast can you move? What are your cognitive capabilities? Are you actually alive? Do you have a soul?" Kash continues to ask a myriad of personal, and mostly inappropriate questions of Anchor.

Regaining his composure, Kash realizes he was speaking elven in his frantic state. He takes a step back (returning to an appropriate amount of personal space). Without waiting for a reply to any of his questions; back in common, "Can I sketch you? I'm putting you in my journal and words will not suffice. I'm going to sketch you." Summarily, Kash quickly whips out a small book from the side pouch of his sack and begins to start sketching Anchor.

"Amazing... I'm so glad I yielded to the call of the sea. Sooooo.... lets try this again. How fast can you move? What are your cognitive capabilities? Are you actually alive? Do you have a soul?" As he is sketching, Kash continues to ask his long list of questions all over again, making notes on the right page while shaping a picture on the left.

Ophiuchus
2012-05-07, 10:56 PM
Gytorrith (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=391671)

Gytorrith briskly marches toward the pier, obsessively trying to fix any perceived blemishes with his appearance as he moves. All of this makes him a decidedly unsuitable mount for the raven perched on his shoulder. "Bumpy! Too bumpy!" it complains as it takes flight and begins to circle his head.

The man breaks stride to look up, "Munsin, I'm sorry, I-...By the Cudgel!" He ceases all activity, eyes fixed and jaw hanging in amazement at the enormity of the ship before him. The bird finds its way to the wrist that had been apologetically outstretched. Gytorrith's senses return and he points a smile to his raven friend, "Do you suppose it's an illusion?" While he begins to ponder the earnestness of his own question, he becomes aware of the rest of his vicinity. "Flying apes, bird-folk, planetouched, and...is that a living construct? Those are real?!?" He suddenly feels less foolish about wearing his chainmail aboard a ship. "Well, how reproachful would I be to let some peculiarities distract me from my duty? Let us meet this Captain Whitebeard."

Marlowe
2012-05-07, 11:52 PM
Octavia politely pretends initially not to eavesdrop on the conversation between the Flying Ape and the Walking Statue behind her, but this means her eyes remain fixed on the ship, which does not bring to mind comforting thoughts.

That aftercastle looks like a combination of all the worst naval architecture mistakes of the last five centuries, and the beam-to-length ratio would disgrace a garbage scow. She'll make almost more leeway than head, and the windpressure on the beam will swing her flat aback in half a minute if the helmsman's not very careful. Assuming the portholes dipping underwater on the lee side doesn't sink her first. Her captain must be either supernaturally skilled and blessed by half a dozen different gods, or has absolutely no idea what he's doing. She doesn't want to think about this. She decides to introduce herself.

She turns around; "Excuse me, gentlemen. I'm sorry to barge in on your conversation. Octavia Seckendorff-" Hellbound Witch? Unemployed Tombrobber? Dropout Commoner? "-professional adventurer. I must say I haven't killed-I haven't met anyone like either of you before. Where are you both from?"

ninthbit
2012-05-08, 12:33 AM
Busy with his sketching, Kash hardly noticed the relatively unremarkable young girl. Quickly answering the question to not be rude, "That roof over there." He points to the roof he was recently perched on, then quickly returns to his journal. Like I have time for meaningless small talk.

Marlowe
2012-05-08, 12:46 AM
Octavia's eyes narrow. Truly a wonder of unnature. Not only a crossbred of bat and ape, but also of bitch. Perhaps the Metal one will be more agreeable.

Out of respect for the privacy of others, she has been keeping her Detect Magic ability stilled. Now with little reason to fear politeness from those around her, she begins to scan the crowd and the others in line, starting with the simian doodler.

Postmodernist
2012-05-08, 11:57 AM
Anchor submits himself to the scrutiny of others with little complaint. He was accustomed to being subjected to examinations by his creators, and he barely registered the stir he was causing. "I do not know the answers to your questions, Kash. I do not recall the details of my creation, much as you fleshlings do not recall your years as infants. I am slower than most, burdened as I am by my armor, but my mind is as nimble as any." The question about a soul gives Anchor pause, however, and he looks away momentarily. "I do not know what a soul is, nor whether I have one or not, only that the Drowned God gives me strength and purpose." He looks at the newcomer as she approaches and bows again, stiffly. "Greetings, Octavia. I am called Anchor. As you may have overheard, I am uncertain of my origins. Where are you from, and you Kash? Why are you fleshy folk so obsessed with origins? Is it not what a creature does that defines him?"

Marlowe
2012-05-08, 12:11 PM
"I hope not. I mean, not exclusively. I've done some things I'm not proud of. I hope they don't define me. And I've done some other things I'm fairly proud of, but certain others aren't happy with me about them and the REALLY use it to define me, so I'm running from them. Purpose is a part of being yes, it is it all of being?" Deep breath.

"As to the first part of your questions, so suppose we like to question origins so that by knowing the past we can put some context upon the now of an entities' existence, and so get a better idea how to twist them to our own interests. I mean-how to relate to them. With such a rare creature as yourself, this desire to know origins and understand is stronger I suppose. So, do all constructs like to answer questions with questions?"

Postmodernist
2012-05-08, 12:35 PM
"Very well. In places like this, with such diversity, I understand why comprehension of a background might be of importance. As for other constructs, I cannot speak to their questioning practices, only my own."

ninthbit
2012-05-08, 02:14 PM
"The Drowned God gives you strength and purpose?" repeats inquisitively. "Interesting, so this Drowned God, is this your controller? Someone who dictates your actions? Or is this something more. You're clearly sentient, but are you also sapient? Do you have a free will? If you do have free will, is the Drowned God an actual deity you've choosen to revere, maybe even worship?"

Liams12
2012-05-08, 07:52 PM
Owen, secretly excited keeps a straight face trying his best to mind his own business. He believes he is worthy and is up for an adventure.

Hbgplayer
2012-05-09, 12:42 AM
Everyone - Jobb:
The line is moving along at a steady pace, with about the same ratio of people being turned away, though it is random, once three people in a row were sign aboard before another was turned away. Once you see someone sign the paper, which all of you can now see clearly from your position, when the half-elf, who you can see has dark brown or black hair and no facial hair, stands up, and points down the dock, one hand resting on the pommel of the rapier hanging from his side. The person who caused the reaction jumps back slightly in surprise, but then glares at the half-elf and storms down the pier. As he passes you, you see that he is a young human with light brown hair that is muttering something under his breath. Finally, after a wait that seems to take forever, Ku, who is right ahead of Marlow, reaches the desk. The previous ten people had been turned away, several of them appeared near tears as they walked away. The half-elf looks up and sees the group of you, though you have yet to think of yourselves as such yet, and sighs.
“Finally! A group tha’ actually looks like they can stand-up fer themselves! You have no-well, actually ye do know, seeing as ye’ve stood in line fer all this time, the trouble Ah’ve had findin’ people who warn’t cutthroats and had some expariance! Ah be Earnest Whitebeard, the Master of this har ship. Who might ye be lad, and why should Ah hiar ye?” He asks Ku first, but eventually asks you all in turn after the person if front of you has finished.

Jobb:
No one seems to have noticed your entrance onto the ship. The crows nest is little more than an over-large basket wrapped around the Foremast about seven feet from the tip of the mast, and resting on the yard arm for the topgallant sail. The base of the Crows nest is a five foot radius from mast to the wall of the nest, which rises three feet at an angle of 10 degrees out.

Marlowe
2012-05-09, 12:51 AM
"Because I can hit a man at 80 paces four times out of five, I can climb a mast without touching a rope, and I know six ways to cook a Monkey", says Octavia. "Actually, that last ones a lie. But I'll learn."

arkol
2012-05-09, 01:20 AM
Ku, Kenku Rogue

As the half-elf finishes speaking the small birdlike creature in front of you takes a step forward . He looks the captain in the eye for a moment, it's beady eyes almost beaming with the sunlight. His neck extends forward a bit, just like a bird curiously eying a strange object. As the captain is about to say something about the incompetence of the creature he hops into a small crate nearby. He then double somersaults backwards into the ground again, with a flick of his wing-like clawed hands he lands perfectly with a rapier and a short sword in hand, throwing both in the air as he lands spinning around and catching both with opposite hands and sheeting them again. Another spin and he throw a dagger at a nearby seagull. All eyes follow the dagger which flies wide, but when you look at where the raven-man used to be, he's no longer there. A moment of confusion and he reappears from behind the crate. He goes to the front of the table and bows.

Jump
[roll0]

Tumble
[roll1]

Slight of Hand
[roll2]

Move Silently
[roll3]

Hide
[roll4]

missmvicious
2012-05-09, 02:40 AM
Delaney's face lights up with an inner radiance as she speaks to the captain, she bows low, keeping her eyes up though and when she stand she says "Sir, my name is Delaney Aalok, I am here to serve my king. I should be brought on because there is not a more loyal fighter in the kingdom and as long as we do what is right for the kingdom I will give my heart and soul into every thing I do."

thorgrim29
2012-05-09, 05:44 AM
Connor

Connor, who had been standing behind the others, listening but not participating in the conversation, stepped up to the desk after the kenku's antics.

Captain Whitebeard, pleasure to meet you. I'm Connor Wilson, and you should hire me because I've spent most of the last 10 years at sea, including the last 5 as pilot on the HAMS Marlin. I'm a fair shot, I can handle a swordfight and do most of the jobs a ship requires. Now then motivation... unlike this very earnest lass (motioning to Delaney), I am in this mostly to raise starting capital for Wilson's trading company, but I have a "don't crap where you eat" policy, so you can depend on me to follow orders and Anoran law. Finally, here's a letter from my old captain.

He gives a folded letter to the captain, it reads:

To whom it may concern, I attest that Connor Wilson acquitted his duties as junior pilot with competence and honour, and was during the last 5 years a credit to His Majesty's navy.

Captain Obediah Pike, HAMS Marlin

((the letter is genuine BTW))

Marlowe
2012-05-09, 07:47 AM
Octavia, conscious of having jumped the gun slightly, has politely stepped back as the others make their cases. As Connor makes her speech her eyebrow twitches as she notices a certain theme emerging. She unobtrusively sidesteps next to Delaney and whispers urgently and low out of the corner of her mouth.

"Just what every privateer captain wants to hear. That you're loyal. To somebody that isn't him. Remember this man wears a pretty coat and has a pretty letter, but he's a private contractor. A mercenary. And so are most of the rest here. Sure this is a game you want to play, good lady?"

ninthbit
2012-05-09, 09:29 AM
Assuming Kash and Anchor had time to continue their previous conversation:

"The Drowned God gives you strength and purpose?" repeats inquisitively. "Interesting, so this Drowned God, is this your controller? Someone who dictates your actions? Or is this something more. You're clearly sentient, but are you also sapient? Do you have a free will? If you do have free will, is the Drowned God an actual deity you've choosen to revere, maybe even worship?"

This likely would have led into a discussion about religion, where Kash would have explained his beliefs. He doesn’t “worship” any particular god. He doesn’t see them as anything special. He isn’t even confident that "gods" exist. He recognizes that there are ageless and powerful beings, but he perceives the power they grant to priests to be a matter of the priest’s own faith, not the gifts of a god. It’s faith that allows a priest to draw from the life force within themselves.

Since the “gods” are not infallible, they can war, and one can overpower another; they aren’t truly immortal. All things, when taken to the end of time have an end. Kash would have used Anchor as an example. At some point in time, his body will be destroyed, even if he’s ageless.

Kash reveres Nature itself… Not in an anthropomorphic way, but as the immortal force of life itself. It always perseveres. Even in the wake of catastrophic destruction, life will resurface and flourish. Seemingly barren deserts are teaming with life to those who look. It adapts, it reshapes, it’s cyclical, and it is forever.

Kash perceives Anchor as a part of nature. In his view, being constructed by man is no different than man being constructed by a “god”. Anchor’s free-will is clearly a manifestation of his soul. Making him not only sentient, but fully sapient.

It would be easy to say that Kash is a VERY open minded druid. He’s often impressed with new innovations and the creativity of people. Ant’s build vast structures underground, bird build complex nests in trees; mankind builds cities and machines of war. It’s part of their nature. War is nature’s mechanism to keep mankind moving forward, to keep evolving.

As he can see his turn is approaching, Kash whistles out a call to Aquila. She quickly dives down to rest squarely on the top of Kash's pack. "Looks like our turn is coming up."

As Kash approaches the captain, "A close personal friend; E’aneyf, the Ship's Mage of the Dragon's Tongue recommended I would be a good fit for your crew. I lived my childhood years serving out at sea. As of late, I've been trained in the Elven art of nature magic, and while Elven forests are beautiful, I feel my place is out on the open water. I'm a more than capable sailor, and I'd challenge you to find a crewman who can traverse a vessel faster than me. Looking at your main mast, I could probably board another vessel from about 400 yards out. Oh... did I mention that pirates sacked my home and killed my family, so I don't really hold them in the highest of regards."

Postmodernist
2012-05-09, 01:10 PM
When Whitebeard finally looks at Anchor, the cleric simply responds, "I am Anchor. I do not tire, I cannot drown, I do not sleep. I am difficult to injure, and can handle myself in a fight. My god gives me strength and the ability to heal my crewmates. You will not regret choosing me."

Liams12
2012-05-09, 03:18 PM
Owen approaches with a grin on his face as he says "I'm as good as most with two swords, and i can take a fair hit. I don't betray those who I trust, just don't get on my bad side."

AsDeR
2012-05-09, 04:05 PM
Jobb annoying screaming being

After taking a look from the crow's nest, Jobb proceeds to go down to the main deck, from there he move to the Captain's cabin and check if the door is open, if it's not he tries to reach inside from a window, if the windows are closed he tries to open one to get inside.

Inside:

Rolls if they proceed: Search for traps: [roll0] Open Lock: [roll1]
Sweet. Once inside he search for maps, routes, mission orders and other documents that could clarify Whitebeard's exact mission.

Outside:
After trying to reach from a window without success Jobb decides it's too risky to try to open the cabin door. He jumps arround the main deck checking for barrels or boxes of valuables and fruits until he finds the hold's hatch. He tries to squeeze himself inside and begins to check the cargo.

Ophiuchus
2012-05-09, 08:01 PM
Gytorrith Sueltham (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=391671)

Gytorrith takes a deep breath and approaches the table. He gives a modest bow, "Many honors, distinguished captain. I am Gytorrith Sueltham of the lost colonies. My home was destroyed by the Marlon Empire, and the gods have deigned that the innocent blood long languished beneath the waves shall not sink from memory. Having been robbed of the father that begot me, I claim St. Cuthbert, the Cudgel as my patron and liege. He sent me here before you, and urged upon me repeated injunctions, to always be among the bravest, and hold my head above others, not shaming the generations of Elven sages, whose arcane secrets transform my blade. I beseech you for passage aboard your ship, and admittance into your crew. I pledge to be peerless in loyalty, valor, and vigor. Such is my generation and the clarion command to which I attend."

thorgrim29
2012-05-10, 01:44 PM
Connor

Connor edges towards Octavia

I've got to agree with you lass, there seems to be a lot of would-be paladins in this crowd...

missmvicious
2012-05-10, 02:20 PM
Delaney glances back to Octavia then whispers back "This is no game, if the captain doesn't want someone loyal to the kingdom then I would not want to be on the ship." She then returns her eyes back others making their cases.

Marlowe
2012-05-10, 09:52 PM
Octavia flashes a started look at Connor. He heard that? Did I suddenly gain a massive Charisma bonus without realizing? She looks down to check. Yeah, that's a no. Well, if the old salt is talking... She keeps her eyes front and her back straight, but speaks sidelong to Connor. "Aye, and a lot of people on the other hand out for personal revenge. This could become interesting. We'll have half the crew screaming "No quarter!" and the other half demanding we follow the Instructions on the Treatment of Enemy Combatants laid down in the Herzberg treaty of 1543. With paperwork even. Well, let's all keep our wits about us".

She replies to Delaney without moving her head."Well and good, but remember a ship at sea is her own wooden world, and her captain her lord, king and god. Any laws and loyalties beyond that are on hold 'till you're back on land."

thorgrim29
2012-05-10, 10:49 PM
((Missed the part about whispering, sorry))

Marlowe
2012-05-10, 11:12 PM
((So you retroactively got a natural 20 on a listen check. It happens))

missmvicious
2012-05-11, 12:38 AM
Delaney listens to Octavia but her only response is a firmly jaw keeping her eyes on the captain instead. This could be a bit more complicated I thought...

Hbgplayer
2012-05-11, 07:03 PM
Jobb:
As you climb over the edge of the crows nest, you see several dozen sailors doing various jobs on deck, four ten-by-ten objects covered in tarps in the four corners of the main deck, about ten feet away from the forecastel and sterncastels, respectively. in between the tarped objects are two cranes that take up 15 by 15 feet on the deck that are lowering crates of supplies into the hold through two different hatches, one that is five by ten, the other ten-by-ten. Also spaced between the cranes and the objects are six ballistas, three pointing out each side of the ship.
As you climb down the rigging, nobody is looking up, so no one sees you as you navigate towards the stern of the ship. You notice that the sterncastel rises about sixteen feet off the main deck, and that the deck level of the sterncastel extends out five feet further than the quarter deck, leaving a five foot balcony for the second level. There is no one yet one the quarter deck as you hop down to it, and when you hang over the edge of the deck at the strern of the ship, you see, to your dismay, that the windows are made to not open up.
Frustrated, you check the bacony, and while the window there do open, and there there is a door, both are locked and you cannot enter.

Everyone Else:
Whitebeard listens carefully to all of your arguments, and nods, as if impressed with Ku's demonstration. He glances in the direction of those talking, but if he can hear what you're saying, he doesn't say anything. He then turns to the gnome at his side, who was watching you all the while and has a brief talk with him.
After what seems to be a minute, he pulls out a pocketwatch and glances at it, then up to you. "Vary well, I must say tha' Ah am imprrressed by all yer arrrguments. Ah am pleased tha' ye all came out, and ta say welcome abard, if ye still feel like signing with me. Tha last step will be fer ye ta sign har," he says, gesturing at the pages of paper laying on the desk. "Ah'll warn ye naw, tha' it be enchanted, an' Ah'll be able ta see if any o ye are of less than moral character, and if any of ye are, Ah won't accept ye abard me ship. Ah need to keep arder abard me ship, and know tha' all o' me crewers will be trust worthy."
After signing the paper, he points each of you up the gangplank, where you can finally see the main deck of the ship. Immediatly to your right is a tarped...thing, that is a ten by ten foot square, and about seven feet tall, and to your left is a crane that is currently hoisting crates off the deck and stowing stashing them through the ten by ten hatch seven feet infront of you. At the bow of the ship, you see the forecastel rising eight feet off the main deck. ((for the rest of the deck's description, read Jobb's spoiler))

thorgrim29
2012-05-11, 08:01 PM
Connor

Connor smiles before taking a calculating look, he picks up the sheet of paper and reads it. If it has no mention of pay and conditions, he says the following:

Great, but before I sign anything, what conditions do you offer? What will my position be, what'll be expected of me? How much flat pay, how many shares of the plunder and bounties, for how long am I signing up? what kind of food do we get, single cabins or common rooms? That sort of thing.

If it does go into details, can we have them? I'll be wanting to negociate

Marlowe
2012-05-11, 11:22 PM
Divinity of Hell! The man's a shopkeeper! Octavia, face as impassive as she can make it, steps up to the desk and with a quick "Obliged to you, Mister Wilson" plucks the paper from his hands and buckles down with the pen.

Feeling a little irritated at all the line-jumping and generally surliness that's been going on, she does something that she hasn't done in years and signs her full name. The one with all three variations of "Theresa", the "Consuela" that's always been a minor family mystery, the "Valentina" that she's always hated, the full-length "Marie Elizabeth Charlotte" that's usually contracted and compounded into one and the "Vonderstrassen" that's usually left off the family name for obvious reasons. She has to turn the paper over to finish on the other side.

She sets down the pen with a click, and takes a precise step back. "Please call me Miss Octavia. Miss Seckendorff sounds like I should be running a house for wayward girls"..

Hbgplayer
2012-05-12, 10:25 PM
Cover sheet that you signed. (https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=b8e8b2ccf6cbe0dd&resid=B8E8B2CCF6CBE0DD!125&parid=B8E8B2CCF6CBE0DD!104&authkey=!AKu0atwjLzeTxGk)

Marlowe
2012-05-12, 10:39 PM
"You know keel-hauling is fatal after the first twenty minutes or so, right? Two days seems excessive."

missmvicious
2012-05-13, 12:54 AM
Seeing nothing to worry about after looking over the contract Delaney smiles and signs her name in sweeping letters across the contract. "Delaney Aalok" she says softly under her breath as she writes, she knew it was a terrible habit to say aloud what you wrote but she never did break it. She walked up the gang plank and soaked in the grandness of the ship. Then realizing that she wasn't sure where exactly she should be or what exactly she should be doing she turned to the nearest person and asked "Sorry, I'm new, what should I be doing to help?" blushing softly, embarrassed about her inexperience.

Marlowe
2012-05-13, 01:09 AM
Since Octavia's largely given up on people replying to her, she walks to the edge of the dock, takes a quick peek to check where the pilings are, and steps off the edge.

She spiderwalks down a piling to just above the water level to get a look at the ships coppering and state of fouling, then up the bottom of the gangplank, climbs over the side, and walks up the mainmast to the maintop.

Just above the mainsail yard she'll switch to spiderclimbing with all fours, as literal spiderwalking vertically is hard on her back and she didn't get that much horizontal exercise at the academy.

At the maintop she'll take a deep breath that doesn't smell of sewerage, and take a good look around the harbour and the ship's deck.

ninthbit
2012-05-13, 02:13 AM
Not really caring about the compensation and more excited about his new home, Kash signs in a beautiful eleven calligraphic script that looks more like a work of art than a simple four letters.

thorgrim29
2012-05-13, 09:28 AM
((So, since we have the contract, feel free to ignore my last post))

Connor

Two questions before I sign captain:
- Do you consider bounties as loot?
- For how long am I signing up?

arkol
2012-05-13, 03:37 PM
Ku takes the pen with his claw hand and signs two odd symbols. He then hurries to get aboard and quickly looks for his bunk.

Postmodernist
2012-05-13, 04:14 PM
Anchor looks in consternation as he is handed the pen, confusion registering across his metallic face. Unsure how to sign, he scrawls a symbol onto the page: two rounded flanges, tipped with barbs, attached to a central post with a ring at the top. A few droplets of water fall from his hand and smudge the crude depiction of a naval anchor. He looks up at the captain and nods, apparently satisfied with his handiwork, before heading up the gangplank with the rest of the newly appointed crew.

Hbgplayer
2012-05-13, 04:18 PM
"You know keel-hauling is fatal after the first twenty minutes or so, right? Two days seems excessive."
Whitebeard raises an eyebrow with your question. "Aye, fer most air breathers, it is. Ah've found tha' most people find tha two days be mar intimidatin' than twenty minutes, though."

Two questions before I sign captain:
- Do you consider bounties as loot?
- For how long am I signing up?

"Aye, bounties shall be shared at tha same rate as described, and ye are signin' until at least we call back into port har again. If ye decide ta leave or stay on aftar that, it is up ta ye."

@Octavia:
You see that the copper plating on the hull of the ship is wear-free and still shimmering, as if newly installed, or cleaned.
The maintop is fifty feet above off the main deck, and the mainmast's yard-arm extends out from it thirty feet to both the port and starboard sides.
On deck you see several dozen sailors doing various jobs on deck, four ten-by-ten objects covered in tarps in the four corners of the main deck, about ten feet away from the forecastel and sterncastels, respectively. in between the tarped objects are two cranes that take up 15 by 15 feet on the deck that are lowering crates of supplies into the hold through two different hatches, one that is five by ten, the other ten-by-ten. Also spaced between the cranes and the objects are six ballistas, three pointing out each side of the ship. On the forecastle deck you see four additional ballistas, one on each side of the bowsprit aiming forward and two aiming off more to the side, one on either side of the deck. Off the quarter deck are two ballistas pointing off either side of the deck and two aiming aft. Hanging off the stern of the ship are six Launches, clam-shelled together to save space and to keep water out of them, hanging from three hoists with six winches. Upon careful inspection, it appears as if those hung upside down pivot quite easily to provide rapid accessibility.
The port wraps around the west side of the city, open to the relatively shallow Bay of Karn. Within sight, before the port wraps around out of sight you see dozens of ship of varying size, though of what you can see the Twilight Skimmer is by far the largest. To the North, on the port side of the ship, a section of the city wall extends out into the bay for several hundred feet.

thorgrim29
2012-05-13, 05:03 PM
Connor

Fair enough

Connor signs the contract and holds out his hand to the captain's to shake it.

I'm sure me working for you will be a pleasant and profitable experience, for both of us.

He the turns to the gnome and introduces himself jovially.

I'm afraid I didn't catch your name, as you've no doubt gathered, I'm Connor Wilson, your latest crewmate. Who might you be?

Hbgplayer
2012-05-13, 05:34 PM
The gnome looks up and for the first time acknowledges you. "My name is Gimble Turen, the resident Mage aboard the Twilight Skimmer," he responds to your question, before turning to Whitebeard and saying something in a language you don't understand, who nods and says something back in the same language. The Gnome then shoots a constellation of green lights into the sky that, despite the mid-day sun, shine brightly in the sky.
With the signal, a group of city guards form a line across the pier, behind the last of the group.
"Thank ye all fer coming out, but Ah have the crew size tha' Ah want, and Ah cannot take on any mar. Ah hope ye come out again," Whitebeard calls out to the three dozen creatures still in line behind the row of guards, before turning to the rest still on the dock. "Ye all better get abard ship, we sail as soon as tha mooring ships tow us out of tha pier."

thorgrim29
2012-05-14, 12:49 PM
Connor goes on the ship and after getting a look at the deck he stands around at a place where he won't be in the way and waits.

arkol
2012-05-14, 06:17 PM
(assuming Ku still hasn't baordedt he ship...)

The strange bird-man quickly hurries onto the boat, as if afraid it might sail without him!

Hbgplayer
2012-05-14, 10:51 PM
Jobb:
Despite your best attempts, the door remains locked, and worse yet, you hear a shout from behind you, "Hey! Get away from there! Get outa Here! You, go get rid of that monkey!"

Delaney:
A tall, muscular human who is operating the crane nearest you turns to look at you and looks about to say something, when he suddenly cranes his neck and squints his eyes, looking at something on the balcony to your right, and suddenly shouts "Hey! Get away from there! Get outa Here!" and he turns back to you and points at a small monkey trying to open the door on the balcony and orders, "You, go get rid of that monkey!".

Octavia:
As you continue to look around the harbor, you see two small boats, about thirty feet long and ten feet wide and rising only about five feet out of the water, rowing quickly in the direction of the ship. You suddenly hear someone shouting from the deck, where you see a large, bald man pointing towards the stern castle. You also notice that Whitebeard and the Gnome packing up their papers down on the pier.

Everyone else:
You see the exchange between the crane operator and one of the women who just signed on with you, and the monkey up on the balcony of the stern castle.

Marlowe
2012-05-14, 11:01 PM
Octavia runs out onto the topsail yard, trying to get a better look at who's in the launches. She's not concerned about the shouty bald man. Seafaring is all about men pointing at things and shouting. Actually, MEN are all about pointing at things and shouting.

Surely they have a watch-officer who's on this, she thinks. And then; assume nothing, sea-witch. This ship's weirder than Wee Jas/Lolth femmeslash.

"Boat ahoy!" she shouts.

Great, now I'm doing it.

ninthbit
2012-05-15, 12:17 AM
While taking in all the details of the ship, Kash seems to miss half the altercation; only catching the "get rid of that monkey".

Angrily, Kash belts out a roar like a wild gorilla. Approaching the launch to address the sailor "DO I HAVE #&@ING TAIL!!!! I'm not a monkey!!!.... I don't walk on my hands either, so before you 'exacerbate your ignorance and call me a 'dirty ape' ill give you fare warning to stay your tongue!"

Postmodernist
2012-05-15, 12:36 AM
Anchor looks on, utterly confused as to what is going on. He does not move, choosing not to waste such an important opportunity to acquaint himself with seafaring practice.

AsDeR
2012-05-15, 07:32 AM
Jobb, obviously innocent adorable creature

...of that Monkey! The word snaps him from his focused attempt to open the door. As he turns his head Jobb notices a lot of eyes looking at him, way too many for his taste. Oh Oh.

Jobb points back to the guy pointing at him and with exagerated moves and little jumps sais "Uh uh uh WEEEEE! OH IH UIUOOooooo." *

The big bat-monkey starts screaming at him too, obviously offended. Hah!

Jobb prepares to yet another angry mob escape, doing it in a ship is completelly new, he smiles for himself. It's going to be fun if I get to the end of it alive.

*I'm more man that you will ever be! You are just jelaous of my fantastic mane.

missmvicious
2012-05-15, 12:49 PM
Slightly thrown off that her first task was monkey control, and unsure exactly how one deals with monkey problems, Delaney starts moving towards the monkey gesturing for it to shoo. "Hey get out of here!" She says to the indignant looking monkey.

ninthbit
2012-05-15, 01:45 PM
"Not you, that monkey!" with the sailor pointing past Kash, and over to the little monkey.

"Ooooohhh….. THAT monkey. My sincerest apologies about my unsolicited outburst." Kash looks over to the little fella, then to Delaney. "Delaney wasn’t it? Don’t hurt him, I can resolve this situation. I know a thing or two about animals. Likely he’s just hungry." Kash softly chants and gestures with his hand and then touches his neck. (Speak with Animals) To the monkey, "I wouldn’t move if I were you. You’ve drawn a lot of attention and these men will likely try to hurt you if you run. Are you hungry? Why don’t you come over here, I’ll give you some food."

If he doesn’t approach, or tries to run:
(If needed) Kash follows to get within the range and casts another spell (Charm Animal, DC 14 Will Negates: 30 ft).

If Kash is able to cast:
"I'm trying to help you, at least tell me your name and what you’re doing here."

AsDeR
2012-05-15, 01:56 PM
Jobb, you got a banana?

Jobb watchs how the lady in armor approaches, he looks arround trying to figure a way out, when he is about to jump away that situation something in the lady eyes makes him change his mind.

The big-bat-monkey behind her starts speaking... well, like a monkey, and for a second Jobb gets tempted to run to him, but he is a creature he has never seen, while most humans can be easily bluffed, Jobb Knows nothing about how this creature's mind work.

Jobb gets his tiny hand against the wall and watch the shadow of the lady on the floor as the lady gets closer. When she is right behind him he takes off his little bandanda, turns arround slowly and look at her directly in the eyes. http://edeltwong.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/cat-eyes.jpg

Got ninja'd, but it's ok, because, sadly and... strangely, your spells doesn't affect Jobb, it's like if he wasn't... no but that's not possible, is it? :smallamused: :smalleek: Yesss my lorrrd.

Ophiuchus
2012-05-15, 03:36 PM
Gytorrith (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=391671)

Gytorrith is visibly perplexed by the sudden insanity among his new crewmates. He finds an out of the way spot to stand and observe Captain Whitebeard's management.

missmvicious
2012-05-16, 01:44 AM
Delaney steps forward suddenly attempting to grab the monkey figuring that it would be the fastest way to deal with the primate problem.

Grapple Check
[roll0]

AsDeR
2012-05-16, 01:00 PM
Jobb, the next hollywood star.

Jobb reaches his hands to the warrior lady and hugs her once he is up. Making little noises that say "I'm such a helpless creature" and trying to call into his mother instinct. :smallsmile:

missmvicious
2012-05-16, 01:34 PM
Delaney breaths a sigh of relief that this didn't become some kind of crazy ordeal. She turns to the crane operator and says "He seems pretty harmless, is he not supposed to be here?"

ninthbit
2012-05-16, 02:04 PM
Kash walks over, making a kind face to Jobb. "Hi little friend, where is your home? How did you get these fine clothes and little backpack?"

AsDeR
2012-05-16, 03:10 PM
Jobb, worse than a snake on acid

Jobb enjoys the brief moment when he is hugging the warrior lady to enjoy her smell Hehehe
http://tu.tv/imagenes/videos/c/h/chicho-terremoto-32_imagenGrande.jpg

When the other monkey-like creature approaches and mentions his backpack he gets afraid he might try to steal it, and hugs closer the warrior. "Hiissssssss out out!"

http://www.cat-behavior-explained.com/images/angry-hissing-cat.jpg

ninthbit
2012-05-16, 03:27 PM
Backing up a little, "What? I'm not going to hurt you. I still need to know where your home is. Do you have a master? If so, who?"

Marlowe
2012-05-17, 12:47 AM
Octavia feels slightly irritated by the shouting and screaming from below, but keeps her attention on the approaching boats. Tach! I wish they'd keep it down. If something's still screaming you obviously haven't hurt it enough "BOAT AHOY! Damn your ears, BOAT AHOY!". She can be quite loud when she wants to be.

If they don't hail us back soon, she smiles, they're getting a shot across their bows. Politeness in all things.

missmvicious
2012-05-17, 01:48 AM
Delaney turns to where she thinks someone is shouting but when she doesn't see the maker of the noise she assumes it was her imagination or on a different ship or something and turns back to the monkey and Kash. "He does look like he should have an owner, I don't think its the captain either if we are supposed to get rid of it."

Hbgplayer
2012-05-17, 02:43 PM
Octavia:
"Ye don't haf ta be so loud, lassy!" You hear a voice call from above you. Looking up, you see a halfling standing on the arm of the top sail, where you didn't spot him before. "The Captain is parfectly awarr that thar should be two boats comin', that's wha' those green flarrs that Mistar Gimble sent up be far. Those be the moorin' ships, har ta tow us out of the effect of the windless enchantment around tha docks. Just about a hundred yards out of the peirs, the enchantment ends, and we'll be able ta sail undar arr own sail.
Good eyes though, fer spottin them so arly; Ah didn't spot them until ye yelled about them tha farst time."
I rolled both your spot checks, and you got a natural 20 on looking around the harbor, but only a 2 on the spot to see the halfling look-out (or anything else above you).
Everyone
While Octavia, Delaney, Jobb and Kash are otherwise occupied, the rest of you notice that Whitebeard is walking up the gangplank, a stack of papers in one hand and look of unamused puzzelment on his face. The man who was operating the crane, returns his focus to lowering the final crate into the hold and tells you "You land-folk can go and pick a bunk in the forecastle, if you prefer to sleep there. Every one that's labled is already taken."

ninthbit
2012-05-17, 05:43 PM
“Oh... Of course someone owns him. he's someone's property!" Kash exclaims. Looking at Jobb, "Are you a slave?“

missmvicious
2012-05-17, 05:48 PM
"He was trying to break in also, do you suppose he belongs to some rogue?" Delaney asks considering what had happened.

ninthbit
2012-05-17, 10:15 PM
"BELONGS!!!" Kash bouts out exuberantly. "Not but minutes ago you were going on about 'giving your heart and soul to do right'.

Kash shakes his head in frustration and disbelief. "We are about to set to sea, so unless he BELONGS to some rogue that is somehow already on this vessel, he is free of the bonds of his servitude now. In any case, what would you have us do with him? Toss him overboard? Cage him until we next make port? I can explain to him his situation. He will do fine aboard the ship and can share my portions of food if need be."

Back to Jobb again, Would you like to stay aboard, or leave?

Marlowe
2012-05-17, 10:36 PM
Octavia gives the little man a grin. "Glad they're expected. Can't be too careful with multiple launches approaching without a color or a hail, and the deck awash with new meat of uncertain provenance." She scrambled back into the relative shelter of the maintop, rather glad she'd resisted buying a hat. "I am Miss Octavia. Anything useful I could be doing while I'm up here, mister--"

Postmodernist
2012-05-18, 09:21 AM
Anchor looks on, puzzled. He interrupts Kash during his chat with Delaney and says, "I do not sleep. What should I do about my bunk?"

ninthbit
2012-05-18, 10:57 AM
Answering Anchor's question, Kash respectfully replies "It's not my place to say, but you should be entitled to just as much space as any crewman. I'd recommend you take one of the elevated racks and save someone the hassel of having to climb. It's your space, do what you will with it. If you reviere this Drowned God, perhaps you could errect a small alter or monument of some kind in it's place." Then he returns his attention to the situation before him.

thorgrim29
2012-05-18, 12:04 PM
Connor picks a top bunk, as close to a door as possible, he identifies it (however they do it, he has ink, paper and a knife). He then wanders back to the deck, and waits for Whitebeard to give him his posting and/or orders.

Postmodernist
2012-05-18, 12:15 PM
Anchor thanks Kash for his patience, and heads to the forecastle to claim a bunk.

Ophiuchus
2012-05-20, 02:53 PM
Gytorrith wanders into the forecastle and claims the first suitably large bunk available. With that out of the way, he decides to finally sate his curiosity about the Warforged. He shyly approaches, "Excuse me, sir...Anchor. I couldn't help but overhear of your service to a deity, a "Drowned God". Did I hear correctly?"

Knowledge: Religion check to determine if and what he's already heard of this god. [roll0]

Postmodernist
2012-05-20, 04:11 PM
Anchor arranges his belongings on the bunk before turning to face the lean, blue eyed man addressing him. "Aye," he intones, the hollow resonance of his voice sounding as though he were submerged, "I serve the Drowned God. I found his temple a thousand fathoms below the surface of the sea and deciphered its secrets. He was once revered by the Saughagin and the Sea Elves alike, though how long ago I cannot say. He is a master of the deepest depths, and, having already drowned long ago, is a master over death as well. What is already dead cannot die, no? Unchanging and eternal as the deepest ocean floor, he has granted me a strength I have not known elsewhere in this world. He does not seek new followers, nor do I care to find him converts. Whom do you serve, my friend, and why?"

Anchor pauses to listen before realizing he has made a mistake in etiquette. "Forgive my social failures. I am poorly acquainted with your customs. I am, as you know, Anchor, servant of the Drowned God. Whom do I have the pleasure of speaking with, what are your talents, and why have you chosen life aboard this ship?"

Ophiuchus
2012-05-20, 05:25 PM
Assuming a roll of 10 doesn't tell him anything:

"Saughagin AND Sea Elves? Master over death? Necromancy?!?" He pauses to collect himself.

"You may call me Gytorrith Sueltham. I practice the Elven art of the duskblade, channeling powerful arcane energy through my guisarme's edge. St. Cuthbert, god of retribution is my liege; and in his name have I sworn to never tire of upholding justice. Thus have I joined Captain Whitebeard and his crew; to beat back the inglorious Marlon Empire."

missmvicious
2012-05-22, 02:06 AM
Delaney looks to Kash a little confused about the outburst and asks "What do you suppose we ought to do with him then?"

ninthbit
2012-05-22, 11:17 AM
"I've already asked him his wishes; if he chooses to stay then if needed I will assume the responsibility for his care. If he chooses to go, then we'll make sure he hasn't pilfered any jewelry or items of worth and let him go." Looking back at Jobb, Kash asks yet again, "Would you like to stay aboard, or leave? Time is running short, soon we'll be at sea."

AsDeR
2012-05-23, 04:02 PM
Jobb, between the druid and the boobs.

Jobb, unable to make the druid questions stop, jumps away and run for it. Looking for an entrace leading below the deck where he could hide himself easily.
Dammit! What is a druid doing here? and a monkey druid! He knows I'm not a normal monkey...

Rolls, use the ones you feel I needed:

Escape Artist [roll0]
Hide [roll1]

missmvicious
2012-05-23, 04:28 PM
Delaney struggles to keep the squirming monkey in her arms but ultimately fails, she curses as the monkey darts off. Then moves in the direction she saw it run trying to relocate it again.

ninthbit
2012-05-23, 04:32 PM
I suspect this means he chooses to stay. Nash shrugs his shoulders, releases the eagle to find a place to nest, then goes to check out the forecastle.

missmvicious
2012-05-23, 04:40 PM
Delaney stops and looks back at Kash when he says the monkey chooses to stay and shrugs. "I guess since he said that he'll take responsibility for it then I am okay." She thinks to herself and heads to get a bunk as well. She finds one that looks unclaimed and clean and puts her bag down, double checks its contents, closes it. She sets it down gingerly and heads to find her next instructions.