PDA

View Full Version : Can you help with Suggestion-spell?

Jon_Dahl
2012-05-07, 05:10 AM
Hi, I'd like to hear reasonable, very reasonable and VERY reasonable suggestions that are directly useful in combat. Let's imagine multiple opponents, all susceptible to enchantment-spells. Details about the actual fight and the combatants are meaningless; the suggestions should be multipurpose.

Pilo
2012-05-07, 07:58 AM
"Go away!"
"Drop your weapons!"
"We are not dangerous, do not fight us."

APersonAmI
2012-05-07, 08:08 AM
"The people you are fighting are wealthy and capable: joining them would not only spare your life, but net you a decent pay check!"
"If you attack the chieftain while he is distracted, you might become the new leader of this (insert description of group here)!"
"Look at their gear, these people are scouts for an advancing army, retreat now before it is to late!"
"If you stay in the back and only appear to attack, you'll be most likely to get out of this alive if it all goes south..."
I don't take credit for these by the way, I've had this discussion before.
Why should the Suggestions be multipurpose? Isn't tailoring them to the situation what makes them reasonable in the first place?

Sutremaine
2012-05-07, 10:41 AM
"Go attack the tank, you're not needed here."
"We're getting into position for a devastating attack. You should pull back and regroup."
"Your tummy suddenly feels runny. Are you sure you should have eaten that?"

Hey, if that last one was enough to put Harrison Ford off a swordfight...

moritheil
2012-05-07, 11:11 AM
(to an enemy bruiser) It will only be meaningful if you face our strongest warrior in single combat, without help.

(to a single enemy facing the whole party) You are clearly outnumbered. It might be best for you to lower your weapons and discuss terms of surrender. We can be generous.

(to enemy mooks) We have your boss surrounded! Drop your weapons or he gets it!

(to an enemy rogue/expert) You aren't being paid enough to take on a bunch of combat maniacs on the front lines, are you? If I were you I would just skip out!

Here's one I've always wanted to try:
(to an enemy mage) The fact that I managed to land this spell on you suggests that you would really be better off surrendering and asking for favorable terms. It could easily have been something fatal instead.