PDA

View Full Version : Renegade Mastermaker Help?

CIDE
2012-05-07, 06:21 PM
Okay, I tired on my own and couldn't think of/find anything to accomplish the task I'm after here.

Now, the game is rules-lite so there's a lot of freedom with certain things. It's at the moment (I started late) level 13. And currently the party needs someone to kind of fill the rogue role. There is minimal optimization (game is SOOOO weak) so I'm not exactly worried about that right now.

Now, because of the story for the game and the setting as well as a few other things I got myself wanting to play a Renegade Mastermaker.

Is there any class or build that would allow for a rogue-ish class to transition to the Renegade Mastermaker?

Answerer
2012-05-07, 06:26 PM
Artificer is the natural lead-in to Renegade Mastermaker, and gets Trapfinding, as well as Diable Device, Open Lock, and Search as class skills. A feat to get Hide and Move Silently in-class is rather weak; maybe your DM will allow it. Even if not, just make Scrolls, and later Wands of stealth-related spells as you need.

Also, note that Renegade Mastermaker is pretty awful. I mean, OK, it's a low-power game, but the PrC literally takes 10 levels (and lost spellcasting) to get bonuses you could have gotten free if you'd just started as a Warforged. I'd talk to your DM; at the very least, he might allow you to shorten the PrC so it doesn't consume your every level.

Feralventas
2012-05-07, 06:44 PM
Renegade Mastermaker's prerequisites are 8 Ranks in a craft skill and two item crafting feats. That can be done by just about Any spellcaster.

Bard, for the high skill points and interaction class features.

Beguiler for the deceptive spells and skills.

Artificer flops right into this as well.

Spell-thief can probably qualify.

A rogue/wizard (3/3) into Arcane Trickster for a level or two before going into RMM might also work.