PDA

View Full Version : New Openings IC

Pages : [1] 2

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-07, 09:03 PM
In a hilled land far away there stands a massive wall, made from an odd blue stone. The wall extends almost half a mile in any direction, and seventy feet up. In the center of this wall is a tall gate, plated in gold and silver and depicting oddities from other worlds and piles of wealth. Nobody has ever been able to damage or move the wall. Even digging under it led to the dirt filling itself back in over the diggers.

Around this gate is the town of Gate, where souvenirs are peddled and adventurers battle the monsters that are naturally drawn to the gate. Many taverns house many heroes with many tales.

You came here as a group to seek fame slaying these monsters and besting these adventurers. Last night, the gate opened, revealing a stone stairway leading into darkness.

You stand before the gate, prepared. What next?

Linguz
2012-05-07, 09:21 PM
Garth unsheathed his greataxe, not liking the looks of any of this at all. He took a few steps towards the mouth of the stairway and looked down it, looking down it as far as he could. "Kord, give me strength." He took the first step on the stairs and began to descend, not wanting to spare any time seeing as the town of Gate was a hotspot for other adventurers as well, who were most likely awaiting the same thing that just happened to them: the gate's opening.

riccaru
2012-05-07, 09:37 PM
Garth unsheathed his greataxe, not liking the looks of any of this at all. He took a few steps towards the mouth of the stairway and looked down it, looking down it as far as he could. "Kord, give me strength." He took the first step on the stairs and began to descend, not wanting to spare any time seeing as the town of Gate was a hotspot for other adventurers as well, who were most likely awaiting the same thing that just happened to them: the gate's opening.

A thick gloved hand comes out to touch Garth on the shoulder as he begins descending into the darkness. "Hold on a second, Garth. I want to see what's down there." Brice says to his hasty friend before raising his mighty holy symbol and convening the powers above, using detect evil on the entrance to the gate.

Linguz
2012-05-07, 09:58 PM
Garth stops where he was when the glove touched him. Following Brice's suggestion, the half-orc dwarf looked down into the stairway once again. Thanks to his orc spirit, or so he thinks, he has the ability to see into the darkness like an orc.

Flame9006
2012-05-07, 10:30 PM
Aenith looks around for wealthier looking targets while readying his bow.
Looks like we're all in this together so try not to get killed. It would be a terrible mess to clean.

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-08, 06:08 AM
A thick gloved hand comes out to touch Garth on the shoulder as he begins descending into the darkness. "Hold on a second, Garth. I want to see what's down there." Brice says to his hasty friend before raising his mighty holy symbol and convening the powers above, using detect evil on the entrance to the gate.

You get a few flashes of memory, a mental image of a tall figure in a dark hood limping down the stairs, finally collapsing, the gate closing behind it.

Garth stops where he was when the glove touched him. Following Brice's suggestion, the half-orc dwarf looked down into the stairway once again. Thanks to his orc spirit, or so he thinks, he has the ability to see into the darkness like an orc.

The stair go down even farther than your dakrvision can see, but not too far in, the left wall is lined with braziers that have nothing in them.

Lexin
2012-05-08, 06:11 AM
For those of us who can not see in the dark... says Rendal as he lightens the Hearthfire Lantern.

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-08, 06:12 AM
When you try to light the lantern, the fire shoots out of it and ignites one of the braziers, lighting up the stairs a bit. There's not dust, oddly enough, though you assume that may be because the gate's been closed for at least one hundred three years.

Linguz
2012-05-08, 06:55 AM
Garth saw the fire come from behind him to one of the braziers. "Flying fire. I don't like that either." He turned and looked at Brice. "Can I go down now?" He looked over at the others. "We're all ready, aren't we?"

Lexin
2012-05-08, 07:21 AM
Nice start... And ready.
Rendal follows when others go in.

riccaru
2012-05-08, 01:55 PM
A quiet nod comes from Brice before he hefts his shield higher, readying himself to bring his shield up for protection. He draws his hammer easily from his side and takes a single step forward past the entrance. If nothing happen's hell continue slowly. "Watch yourselves down here. It's not been opened for years but there are things which don't age which hide in the darkness."

ExtravagantEvil
2012-05-08, 02:19 PM
I appear swiftly behind the party, as they begin their steps and say, with the wind dancing through red hair, as a beautiful looking women in black, and say

Hey Boys, hope you don't mind an extra, with a soft wink tossed their way.c

Wanted to let you go first, to test the waters. So are you ready to start this? I say with a soft tone and a bewitching enthusiasm.

Flame9006
2012-05-08, 02:59 PM
How about this you guy's go first and kill all the monsters and call me when its time for loot. No? Didn't think so.
Aenith follows behind the two melee fighters.

Linguz
2012-05-08, 03:06 PM
Garth was about to head down the stairs when he heard a feminine voice behind him. Turning around, his eyes quickly located the dark red haired beauty. He quickly turned his entire body around and went back up the stairs, to stand on level ground. He dropped to one knee and bowed his head, as if royalty was in front of him. "Of course you can join, m'lady." He stood back up and put the greataxe's metal hilt across his shoulder. "Just call if you need anything and I'll be right there in an instant, I swear this, and to protect you from harm, on the Orc blood that flows through my veins"

With that and after hearing her response, Garth turned around and began to walk down the stairs again, going quickly at first to take up his position near the front again.

ExtravagantEvil
2012-05-08, 03:19 PM
She scoffs at both of you

Please, I can pull my own weight, and probably yours too, given your people are so light and flowery a light breeze could carry you to the next port city.

And she notes the bearded dwarf, and says

Heh, cute, show me you can defend yourself before you start making promises to other people, and trust me, I like them taller.

She marches on past you and slides her fingers deftly over his wrist and says for a brief moment

Thought it might change

She whispers with a soft exhalation and walks on just a little out of reach.

Flame9006
2012-05-08, 03:48 PM
One more to share the loot how unfortunate.

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-08, 03:55 PM
As you walk down the stairs, once somebody nears the second brazier, the flame from the first jumps to it. You almost swear you can see an adorable little smile hiding in the center of the fire...

Linguz
2012-05-08, 04:09 PM
Garth jumps to the side as the fire moves to the second brazier. "Damn this magic voodoo fire." He kicked the brazier's pole and, if nothing stopped him, continued down the stairs, his eyes allowing him to see in the darkness between the braziers. His grip on the battleaxe tighter than before.

Flame9006
2012-05-08, 04:18 PM
Magic Lanterns it seems, don't worry dwarfy boy. I'll find any traps too although i don't think there's going to be anything.
Aenith looks for traps.
[roll0]

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-08, 04:33 PM
The fire jumps to the next brazier when kicked, flickering unhappily. Now you're far enough down the stairs that your darkvision reveals a large wooden door shaped like a seashell, with draconic words burnt around the spiral.

If you can read draconic:
If the gate is open, then feel free to enter. If it is closed, then you will surely die. I'm not saying you won't die if the gate is open, just that it's not a definite thing. I mean, the last guy got down all the way to the fiftieth floor down before he died and the dungeons shifted. It was pretty cool.

Sorry if you expected a poem or a warning, there's just not-

The rest of the writing is obscured by burns and scratches that mar the bottom half of the door.

ExtravagantEvil
2012-05-08, 04:46 PM
I march down further, confident as towards I beating that record

Linguz
2012-05-08, 04:49 PM
Garth saw the writing on the wall and shrugged, not understanding the language. "Bah, there's something on that door over there. I can't read it, though." He keeps walking down the stairs, making sure to keep in front of everyone else, especially the pretty girl.

Lexin
2012-05-08, 04:51 PM
Rendal translates to those who don't know Draconic, and says.
Doesn't sound epic, does it?... But if it is true... fiftieth? ... This place must be huge.

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-08, 05:54 PM
The fire jumps down to the last brazier, and the gate at the top of the stairs slams shut, leaving only the light from one small fire in a brazier to guide you. The seashell gate slowly rolls to the left into a crevasse in the wall.

Beyond the door there is a room with clean white stone bricks for a wall and floor. There are four pillars around a long, shallow pool of crystal clear water. A torch is on each pillar, hanging in a metal mounting, and the area around the pool is illuminated perfectly, though the area beyond the pillars is pitch black...

Linguz
2012-05-08, 05:57 PM
Garth steps through the opening that the seashell door left and looks at what is in the darkness with his darkvision, while staying close to the doorway.

ExtravagantEvil
2012-05-08, 06:00 PM
I walk about the edge of the crystal pool lightly testing the water with a stileto heel.

Flame9006
2012-05-08, 06:17 PM
Aenith moves behind the nearest pillar to his left.
I'm not stepping near that thing. You don't live to old age just jumping into every pool you see. Especially not pools near ominous Draconic writing.

Lexin
2012-05-08, 06:29 PM
Rendal walks in after others... if nothing exploded yet, probably nothing will.

ExtravagantEvil
2012-05-08, 06:58 PM
You don't earn a thing without any risk, die young, leave a good looking corpse they say.

riccaru
2012-05-08, 07:06 PM
Try as he might to ignore the others squabbles, Brice still feels a strong urge to walk away. Instead he again channels the divine power through his symbol to use detect evil on the pool area. He also unstraps his tower shield and puts it against one of the pillars, dropping his pack on the floor and reaching in to grab a sunrod. "Keep on guard. This place is more than a little unsettling."

Flame9006
2012-05-08, 07:21 PM
If your not worried about it how about we throw you in and if you live then it's safe if not then we stay away.All in favor? Nobody? Phooey.When your ready we should probably start into that darkness scary as it may be.

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-08, 07:27 PM
Garth steps through the opening that the seashell door left and looks at what is in the darkness with his darkvision, while staying close to the doorway.

The room extends beyond your darkvison beyond the pillars, the ceiling held up with vaulted arches, to the right is a statuette of some sort of snake like being with a crest on its head hanging from a wall, to the left is more room extending beyond your darkvision.

Try as he might to ignore the others squabbles, Brice still feels a strong urge to walk away. Instead he again channels the divine power through his symbol to use detect evil on the pool area. He also unstraps his tower shield and puts it against one of the pillars, dropping his pack on the floor and reaching in to grab a sunrod. "Keep on guard. This place is more than a little unsettling."

You get another flash of memory, the cloaked figure limping into the pool, leaving a trail of blood, and collapsing. There is no evil aura, though.

The water is cool, and ripples when touched, disturbing a few blue fish that begin to swim in circles near the bottom.

Linguz
2012-05-08, 08:00 PM
"Goes further than I can see. There's some statue over here." Garth pointed to the right, to where he could see the statue. "I'm going to get a closer look at it." He walked towards it, staying in the light for now just in case anything happened. If nothing happened while he's in the light, he began to take careful steps towards it, first getting directly in front of it and then walking more towards it.

riccaru
2012-05-08, 08:12 PM
Brice strikes the sunrod across the ground, making the tip light up before tossing it easily into the pool of water to watch what will happen after as he again lifts his shield. "What does that statue look like?" He calls out to Garth.

Linguz
2012-05-08, 08:16 PM
Garth didn't take his eyes off the statue. "It's a snake-like statue with a crest on its head. You find anything of interest yourself?" He held his greataxe in both hands. Both of his ears were alert for any danger or sounds.

Listen: [roll0]

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-08, 08:17 PM
The water ripples when touched and the fish flee the disturbance, but the sunrod is unaffected.

The statue depicts the crested snake-thing arching its head. Either the statue is not very realistic, or the snake thing didn't have many details. The skin is entirely smooth, and the eyes small and beady.

Garth
You can hear something mumbling from the tunnel opposite the statue.

ExtravagantEvil
2012-05-08, 08:41 PM
I walk over to I between Garth and the man with the shield, wanting to not to miss a single observation.

Lexin
2012-05-08, 08:45 PM
Rendal looks around focusing on the statue for a while. Then says:
Should we light these torches? Given that fire behaves strangely here, something could happen...

Spot- Statue:
[roll0]
Knowledge (arcane) [if needed]
[roll1]
and spot/search- pillars
[roll2]

Flame9006
2012-05-08, 08:49 PM
One thing, since we're all in here together we should probably get to know each other a bit better so i don't have to call you Dwarf, Priest, Lady and Baldie. Although if you want i could.
[roll0]
Aenith hides behind the pillar as he says this.

riccaru
2012-05-08, 08:52 PM
"Hold off lighting the torches. We don't know what could happen. One of you come over and look at the floor, I think there might be something here." Brice tries to judge the depth of the pool in the new light before placing a single foot partway in the water. "My name's Brice, by the way."

Linguz
2012-05-08, 08:56 PM
"And now there's something in the tunnel behind me." He tore his eyes off the statue and looked in the direction of where he heard the mumbling. "And I have to agree with him. I don't want to light torches around here, if the first one is any indication of anything." He began to slowly step towards the sound, looking for whatever was making it.

Spot: [roll0]

Lexin
2012-05-08, 09:09 PM
"...Baldie? I am Rendal Averyn, hope you can remember it."

He goes closer to the water, and looks inside. As the dwarf mentioned something in the tunnel he checks if he can hear it too.

Spot- [roll0]
Listen- [roll1]

ExtravagantEvil
2012-05-08, 09:12 PM
They all me Darra, and I'll call you fellows what ever is quickest to sayin a fight, but if yo excuse me gentleman, I'll follow the Beard to see what happens.

Linguz
2012-05-08, 09:13 PM
"They call me Garth, it's not that much longer than 'Beard' or 'Dwarf', so that shouldn't be a problem. Of course, you can call me whatever you please."

ExtravagantEvil
2012-05-08, 09:21 PM
Garth it is then, might as well be polite when I can be

Flame9006
2012-05-08, 09:25 PM
I shall stick with dwarf. My name is Aenith
[roll0] Spot
[roll1] Listen

Edit: My luck is abysmal today that's 3 ones in a row!

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-09, 06:02 AM
Rendal looks around focusing on the statue for a while. Then says:
Should we light these torches? Given that fire behaves strangely here, something could happen...

Spot- Statue:
[roll0]
Knowledge (arcane) [if needed]
[roll1]
and spot/search- pillars
[roll2]

You can tell that the statue is of some arcane creature...just not what kind...

"...Baldie? I am Rendal Averyn, hope you can remember it."

He goes closer to the water, and looks inside. As the dwarf mentioned something in the tunnel he checks if he can hear it too.

Spot- [roll0]
Listen- [roll1]

You see a pair of eyes hiding behind another pillar down the tunnel.

Lexin
2012-05-09, 08:56 AM
"Guys... there really is something in this tunnel, just behind this pillar." Rendal tries to say that quietly, but loud enough for others to hear it, and points the pillar.
He also tries to stay in such place, that there is someone between him and the 'eyes'.

Linguz
2012-05-09, 11:41 AM
Garth tried to see what Rendel had seen.

riccaru
2012-05-09, 11:51 AM
Brice turns on his heel and hurries over to the others, looking into the darkness as well. As he walks he draws his warhammer and focuses his detect evil into the area the others indicated.

Spot:[roll0]

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-09, 12:07 PM
You detect no evil, but there are several things crawling out from the hallway opposite the statue. Short little things with spindly legs and big, shiny black eyes and chitinous green skin. They're a little shorter than a dwarf, and they have tiny, stiff hairs all over their bodies. One of them is carrying a spear, and clicks its mandibles angrily at you.

Linguz
2012-05-09, 12:22 PM
Garth readied his already drawn greataxe. "We've got company." He tried to determine how far away they were.

Initiative: [roll0]

Lexin
2012-05-09, 01:18 PM
"Wow, these are ugly..."

Knowledge to recognize creatures:
[roll1]
[if covered by one of: Arcane, Nature, The planes]

Flame9006
2012-05-09, 02:40 PM
Fighting time.
[roll0] Initiative
Aenith readies his bow to be loosed at the enemies.

ExtravagantEvil
2012-05-09, 02:55 PM
Initiative Time!:

I slip a dagger out of my pocket and hide it in a sleeve, waiting in case things get hairy...hairier

Sleight of hand: [roll]1d20+2

ExtravagantEvil
2012-05-09, 02:57 PM
Sleight of hand [roll0]
sorry for the double post :smallredface:

riccaru
2012-05-09, 04:12 PM
Initiative [roll0]

"We could try talking, you know!" Brice roars over the others.

Flame9006
2012-05-09, 04:31 PM
When does talking ever solve anything.
Aenith mumbles to himself as to not divulge his hiding spot.

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-09, 04:33 PM
"Wow, these are ugly..."

Knowledge to recognize creatures:
[roll1]
[if covered by one of: Arcane, Nature, The planes]

You cannot recognize what they are, but they look an awful lot like bipedal beetles to you. Really ugly ones.

Sleight of hand [roll0]
sorry for the double post :smallredface:

One of the ones behind the one carrying the spear pats the leader's shoulder and points at you, clicking and clacking and waving a finger chastisingly.

Flame9006
2012-05-09, 04:40 PM
Psst Darra, I think they saw you do that. That or they don't like you.
Aenith whispers to Darra

ExtravagantEvil
2012-05-09, 05:09 PM
She looks and says, whispering

Yes, I noticed. Now hopefully we can play it off. They're bugs. What can they know?

riccaru
2012-05-09, 05:14 PM
"They might know what you're saying, for one. Get ready to run if you need to." With that Brice walks twenty feet closer to them, lowering his hammer slightly to hopefully not look aggressive.

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-09, 05:44 PM
The lead bug mimics him, stepping forward and lowering its spear. It points to the statue, then to you, and clicks menacingly.

Flame9006
2012-05-09, 06:00 PM
I think it's warning us about that or that's its god and it wants us to make a offering.
Aenith says while lowering his bow and stepping out of his hiding spot.

Linguz
2012-05-09, 06:42 PM
Garth rose a hand to his beard and began to stroke it. "Maybe... I'm not offering anything, if it's true." He thought about its movements and how it was acting, trying to sense the motive behind its actions.

Sense Motive: [roll0]
(Not sure if this works like this, but I'm going to try anyway.)

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-09, 07:04 PM
One of the beetle people behind the one with the spear scratches his chin, mimicking Garth. The two next to it look at it and nod, softly clicking mandibles and waving their antennae.

Meanwhile, the lead beetle continues to gesture towards the statue. You believe the gestures are warnings.

riccaru
2012-05-09, 07:07 PM
"You can't understand us, can you?" Brice asks the lead one, tilting his head to the side and leaning ina bit to look into its' eyes. "Can anyone understand these things?"

Linguz
2012-05-09, 07:17 PM
"I don't think the statue is a god for them. And these things are copying us exactly, save for pointing at the statue. I get the feel that they're warning us, like you said before." He lowered the greataxe and walks forward 20 feet, next to Brice.

Lexin
2012-05-09, 07:17 PM
"...maybe it just means 'Don't light the torches!'... or something... Don't know, but maybe we could just go further, if they attack us, it is their problem, if they want us to do something they would, probably, try to stop us... and if they are warning us, they should just let us go..."

Flame9006
2012-05-09, 07:18 PM
Not a clue. Just stay away from the... WATER, it's in the water! I think. I hope.
Aenith moves as far away from the water as he can.

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-09, 07:29 PM
The lead bug tilts is head and thrusts its face into Brice's face, its antennae twitching madly. Another beetle, slightly larger than the leader, steps up next to it and holds one hand out to Garth, the other going to stroke his beard.

A third beetle strides up past the pillars and points to a torch and to the pool. It takes the torch from the mount, holds it near the water, makes a sad gesture with its free hand, and then places the torch back in the mount.

Flame9006
2012-05-09, 07:33 PM
That makes me trust the water even less. Too bad we can't speak with these guys to figure out what they're saying
Aenith loads his bow and aims at the water.
(preparing action to shoot anything that comes out of the water)

Linguz
2012-05-09, 07:46 PM
Garth remembered that he heard something enter the pool after someone struck something on the ground, which he concluded was a sunrod, which would be what the torch was meant to signify. "Don't show any sign of aggression. These things... seem to learn off of us. If you attack them, they'll attack us. I think it doesn't like that one of us threw a light into the pool... " He sheathed the greataxe and went up to the water. He looked over the edge and tried to see how deep it was, to see if he could see the sunrod.

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-09, 07:52 PM
The pool is only a few inches deep, just deep enough for the fish.

A few of the beetles point at Aenith running from the water and bob their heads up and down, clicking in a erratic pattern, but they stop when another beetle hits them over the head with a thick plank of wood.

Flame9006
2012-05-09, 07:54 PM
Mabye the creature is attracted to light? I don't know but what i do know is that you should at least be ready to fight if that thing comes.They also seam to think that moving away from the water is good.

ExtravagantEvil
2012-05-09, 08:17 PM
I stay silent during the situation, carefully studying the bug creatures.
Maybe there's a way to use this to my advantage I think...

Are there any still by the door they came through?

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-09, 08:36 PM
There's no door they came through. They crawled out from behind a pillar.

Linguz
2012-05-09, 08:51 PM
Garth took out his green silk rope which had the grappling hook attached. He tossed it into the water, getting it to rest on top of the sunrod. He began to pull it back. "Whatever they're saying, we might as well collect the rod."

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-09, 11:01 PM
The rod illuminates the tunnel behind the beetles, revealing a long, wide hallway with vaulted ceilings held up by a row of pillars running down the center of the hall.

riccaru
2012-05-09, 11:56 PM
Brice looks back at the pool and the fish to see if he can notice anything from them before taking a torch from the pillars and holding it out. "Someone light this. I want to try something."

Linguz
2012-05-10, 01:09 AM
Garth picked up the sunrod when he got it out of the water and held it up, allowing the group to see the surrounding area and allowing him to see the color. "I've got no tinder. What're you planning to do anyway?" He weighed the sunrod and tried to determine how far he could throw it.

ExtravagantEvil
2012-05-10, 04:12 AM
I walk over to the other side of the pool, ready for anything that comes out.

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-10, 04:02 PM
The bugs all back up a bit when the torch is taken from its mount.

Flame9006
2012-05-10, 04:02 PM
Not a good planner I didn't bring tinder but i brought torches if we ever need them.
Wasn't there one of those torches near the entrance? If so i guess we could use one of my torches to carry it over.

Linguz
2012-05-10, 04:07 PM
"You brought torches... but no way to light them? The only reason I can't light it is because I don't carry any form of light." Seeing the bugs back up, Garth shook his head. He looked around to see if there was anything that he had yet to check out in this room, and to see if anything else had changed.

Flame9006
2012-05-10, 04:08 PM
As i said not a good planner.

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-10, 04:10 PM
Yes, there is still a lit brazier in the entrance stairway.

Linguz
2012-05-10, 04:23 PM
With the sunrod in hand, Garth goes to pass the bugs and see where they came from.

Lexin
2012-05-10, 04:24 PM
...Idiots...
"Wait... here, just don't burn me with it."
Rendal says that as he lights the torch.

riccaru
2012-05-10, 05:37 PM
Brice allows the torch to be lit before concentrating harder on the pool, looking to trigger another vision and possibly learn something else about this place. If that doesn't bring results he will throw the lit torch into the pool.

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-10, 06:28 PM
The hallway continues very far past the bugs, but behind the pillar they crawled out from behind is a hole in the floor so small you wouldn't think they could make it through!

Linguz
2012-05-10, 06:53 PM
Garth goes to the mouth of the hallway and looks into it. If there's nothing of particular interest, he throws the sunrod as far as he can into the hallway, so he can see more.

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-10, 07:51 PM
There is nothing in the pool but the fish, and it gives you no visions. One of the beetles walks up to the pool and steps right into it, looking around at all of you like you're crazy or something.

The hallway extends even further, until there is a cave in, stone and bricks blocking the passageway. To the right side of the hallway is another, smaller tunnel, torn from the wall.

Linguz
2012-05-10, 07:52 PM
"Guess the pool's not magical." Garth goes to the mouth of the hallway and looks into it. If there's nothing of particular interest, he throws the sunrod as far as he can into the hallway, so he can see more.

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-10, 07:54 PM
The hallway extends even further, until there is a cave in, stone and bricks blocking the passageway. To the right side of the hallway is another, smaller tunnel, torn from the wall. None of the pillars in the hallway have torches.

Flame9006
2012-05-10, 08:09 PM
I guess i was wrong. But still be careful.

Linguz
2012-05-10, 08:16 PM
"A cave in stops us from going much farther this way, unless we take a smaller tunnel on the side." He turned back around and looked at the bugs. He spoke in orcish, "Do you understand me?" He repeated the phrase in dwarven, if that didn't work. And if that didn't work, he said in common, "Can everyone try any language you know? One of them might know one."

Lexin
2012-05-10, 08:49 PM
Rendal doesn't think it would work, but he gives it a try anyway.
Languages: Synad, Draconic, Sylvan, Celestial, Elven

Flame9006
2012-05-10, 09:25 PM
Aenith attempts some gnomish.

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-12, 07:10 PM
The beetles respond to draconic, clicking feverishly and scuttling back a few feet when it is spoken. Clearly, someone who knows that language is down here, and the beetle folk are afraid of them...

Linguz
2012-05-12, 08:07 PM
At this point, Garth didn't really care about the creatures. All he tried had been in vain, so said, "I'm going to go see what's ahead. Bored of these creatures and trying to figure out what they want, if anything." He began to do just that, walking down the hallway to see what was past the turn.

riccaru
2012-05-12, 08:13 PM
At this point, Garth didn't really care about the creatures. All he tried had been in vain, so said, "I'm going to go see what's ahead. Bored of these creatures and trying to figure out what they want, if anything." He began to do just that, walking down the hallway to see what was past the turn.

"Garth, hold up. Let me go through first." Brice says to the "half-orc" as he walks forward with his shield raised in place, ready to take cover behind it at a moment's notice.

Lexin
2012-05-12, 08:21 PM
"No reason to stay here alone." says Rendal and follows the warriors.

Flame9006
2012-05-12, 08:27 PM
And so it was foretold we go farther down this horrible deathtrap.
Aenith follows after seeing no new interest in the current room.

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-12, 09:05 PM
The hole in the wall leads to a crudely carved out tunnel that leads into another hallway, this one much thinner. So thin that no pillars are needed and only two people at a time can comfortably walk side by side through it.

Linguz
2012-05-12, 09:29 PM
Garth pulls out his greataxe and takes the left side of the new hallway, allowing anyone else on the right side. He fully expects Brice to take that position. He passes the sunrod to someone behind him, whoever wanted to take it.

riccaru
2012-05-12, 09:36 PM
Brice does in fact step up beside Garth, looking back knowingly at the others in order to make sure they hold up the light for him. "Everyone ready to go?"

Lexin
2012-05-12, 10:09 PM
"Ready"

Rendal takes the sunrod and follows the wariors, he goes behind Garth.

Holding the light... could be worse.

Flame9006
2012-05-12, 10:15 PM
As I'll ever be.
Aenith follows behind the three people whilst keeping his bow at the ready.

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-12, 11:39 PM
Almost immediately something launches itself down the tunnel at Garth and Brice, so fast that you can't see past the blur. It impacts with Garth, forcing him back and doing 2 damage from the collision, and begins clawing viciously at him!

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-13, 10:11 AM
http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd460/TechnoScrabble/brokenhall.png

Here's a battle grid, each square is 5 feet as d&D standard, Garth and Brice are at (yellow square, orange dot) and (yellow square, yellow dot), respectively, with the blurred beast at (green square, orange dot), and everyone else right behind Garth and Brice.

And next time, I'ma just roll init in secret and tell you what order to act in.

Lexin
2012-05-13, 04:12 PM
Rendal is startled but reacts quickly, he assumes he wouldn't hit the creature if he tried, so instead he uses power that always connects.

Matter Agitation (-1 pp)

And enormous 1 point of fire damage this turn.

Linguz
2012-05-13, 04:43 PM
Garth swung back his greataxe and gripped it with both hands. He planted his feet securely on the ground and spotted the creature in front of him. With a massive swing, he swung the axe downwards at the creature.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Flame9006
2012-05-13, 06:41 PM
Aenith looses an arrow at the blur.
[roll0]
[roll1]
Edit: Seriously... I apparently can't have good rolls.

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-13, 09:21 PM
Garth swung back his greataxe and gripped it with both hands. He planted his feet securely on the ground and spotted the creature in front of him. With a massive swing, he swung the axe downwards at the creature.

Rendal is startled but reacts quickly, he assumes he wouldn't hit the creature if he tried, so instead he uses power that always connects.

Matter Agitation (-1 pp)

And enormous 1 point of fire damage this turn.

The long, twisty bundle of claws and mudcaked black fur is a lesser deathweasel (a burrowing creature that is actually nothing like a weasel, 4 ft long, insectivorous, and with matted fur and a catlike head), and it has just been set aflame and cut in half lengthwise, splattering Garth and Brice and the walls with a liberal bit of smelly red blood.

With that blood comes 50 exp for everybody!

riccaru
2012-05-14, 12:33 AM
"You think they could have warned us about this thing." Brice says as he prods at the corpse with his hammer. "Keep going or wash off?"

Linguz
2012-05-14, 06:52 AM
Garen laughed and brought his bloody axe to his shoulder. "I bask in the blood of my enemies!"

Lexin
2012-05-14, 06:58 AM
"That was... fast... Nice one Garth. I guess we should get going... maybe more careful this time, there could be more of these things."

Linguz
2012-05-14, 08:42 AM
Garth shrugged and picked up the corpse, throwing it to the side so it wouldn't get in their way. "Don't know why I didn't see this one before it could attack. My vision usually picks up on those things." He began to make his way down the hallway, his eyes and ears watching and listening, respectively. He stayed 5 feet away from the hole in the floor. "Should I try jumping it?"

Listen: [roll1]

Flame9006
2012-05-14, 02:30 PM
Probably not very smart to jump down there you could try i guess not my life on the line.

Linguz
2012-05-14, 03:06 PM
Garth emphasized what he had said, "Jumping it, not jumping in. As in over it."

Flame9006
2012-05-14, 03:23 PM
Well i guess, although now I'm curious about if there's anything in the hole.
Aenith shrugs about the misunderstanding.

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-14, 03:36 PM
There is a hollow wind blowing from down inside the hole, and no light can be seen within, making it hard to tell how deep it is. You drop as stone in, but you never hear it land...

Flame9006
2012-05-14, 04:19 PM
Well i guess that's not a very good place to go.
Aenith looks around to see if there's a better way down.

Linguz
2012-05-14, 04:37 PM
Garth pulled his backpack off his back and set it on the ground. After a small search, he pulled out a silk rope and a grappling hook. "How 'bout I tie you up and lower you down? Or we could jump across. Or we could take that way." Signaling 'that way', Garth points backwards, where there seemed to be another path (going by the map).

Lexin
2012-05-14, 04:59 PM
"Or... if you give me some time, I could make a wooden board, so we can cross the hole without jumping. What do you think?"

Linguz
2012-05-14, 05:00 PM
"And just where will you get the wood from?"

Lexin
2012-05-14, 05:02 PM
"...psionics, man... haven't I mentioned it?"

Linguz
2012-05-14, 05:03 PM
"You can just make wood? Who would'a guessed?" He shrugged and returned the silk rope to his backpack and his backpack to his shoulders.

Lexin
2012-05-14, 05:12 PM
"... OK wait a minute... and..."

Using Psionic minor creation to make a 'bridge'.
1ft wide, 3 ft long, about 1/3 ft thick.

It should be more than enough to pass 2ft x 2 ft hole.

Flame9006
2012-05-14, 08:09 PM
That'll be way more efficient and less dangerous.

riccaru
2012-05-14, 08:17 PM
"Sunrod, please." Is all brice says as he fiddles with his pack for his own silk rope. When he gets it he will tie the rope to the end of the sunrod.

Use Rope: [roll0]
Wait, I can take 10 can't I? Or is that with trained skills?

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-14, 08:36 PM
You can take ten on that, I don't care.

Lexin
2012-05-15, 08:49 AM
While Brice works with sunrod and rope, Rendal makes the ladder thingy

Described in OOC

Linguz
2012-05-15, 09:29 AM
Garth gives his rope to help and uses the grappling hook to latch the rope onto something nearby (or he is grabbing an end of the rope, if there's nothing). "We'll test it with a corpse before using it."

Flame9006
2012-05-15, 02:22 PM
That's a good plan.
Aenith passes the corpse to Garth.

riccaru
2012-05-15, 03:00 PM
Brice shrugs before slowly lowering the rope with the sunrod down the hole. "Let's see what's down here, hmm?"

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-15, 04:09 PM
The light slowly illuminates the hole as it goes down.

The hole, and the spider webs clogging it. The spiderwebs that caught the rock.

The spiderwebs from which dozens of giant spiders now swarm...

Initiative Order:
Linguz
Riccaru
Lexin
Flame9006
Spiders

Linguz
2012-05-15, 04:53 PM
Garth dropped the corpse, took a step forward, and drew his greataxe. "Spiders. A lot of them." He gripped the axe with both hands and swung it down at the spider that was coming out of the hole.

In case of threat...Check: [roll2]
Crit Damage: [roll3]

riccaru
2012-05-15, 05:38 PM
Brice must stand as the spiders come up and he draws his weapon as he does before bringing it down with a heavy hand.

In case of threat.
Check: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]\

Standing as a move action from kneeling. If Brice acts second in initiative may or may not provoke an attack of opportunity:smallfrown:.

Lexin
2012-05-15, 05:52 PM
After the first fight, Rendal decides to consider energy, and uses crossbow instead... if there is no chance for clear shot, he would just wait and prepare to shoot.

Flame9006
2012-05-15, 10:11 PM
Aenith Draws, strings and fires his bow at the spiders.
[roll0]
[roll1]
Move action to pull out my bow.

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-16, 05:42 PM
Bolts fly and heavy chunks of metal swing, but only one spider is killed, hit so hard it splatters against the other wall.

Meanwhile, Brice finds himself being bitten by fuzzy, palm sized spiders! He takes 1 damage!

What? They're not all that big!

Linguz
2012-05-16, 05:50 PM
Garth swings at the spiders again.
In case of threat...
Damage: [roll3]

With a move action, he looked and tried to determine the amount of spiders left. "Brice, they want to get at you. Go back a bit so not that many can attack you." (And so Garth gets an AoO if they do try...)

riccaru
2012-05-16, 05:59 PM
Brice takes a 5 foot step back to come alongside Garth as he swings at the spider which just bit him.

"These better not come for too long!"

In case of threat.
Damage: [roll3]

Lexin
2012-05-16, 06:05 PM
Next bolt flies:

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Flame9006
2012-05-16, 07:14 PM
Let the arrows fly
[roll0]
[roll1]

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-16, 10:07 PM
More and more of the long leggety beasties crawl out of the hole, and three more are smashed, cut, or poked holes in with such force that they die horribly, one being cut down by Garth just as it crawls onto Brice's leg! And the tide of spiders from the hole doesn't seem to be slowing!

Flame9006
2012-05-16, 10:27 PM
Lot of the little buggers!
[roll0]
[roll1]

Linguz
2012-05-17, 12:52 PM
Garth rotated his greataxe ninety degrees, so that he'd be able to hit the spiders with the blunt edge. "Anyone have anything we can use to attack the hole of spiders?" He swung the axe down, trying to launch a spider into the one behind it.

Melee Attack Roll: [roll0]
Melee Damage Roll: [roll1]
Ranged Attack Roll: [roll2] (Aiming the spider he hit, if he hit. Give it a penalty if it would get one.)

riccaru
2012-05-17, 01:06 PM
As garth tries to fling the spiders into eachother, Brice takes the tried and true method of hitting things with bigger things and swings his ammer back down at a spider.

"If we can't hold them off get ready to cut back to the pool!"

Lexin
2012-05-17, 01:41 PM
"Too many of these little...
Says Rendal as he crouches and prepares a makeshift bomb out of his oil flask, then he hands it to Aenith and "You have much better aim than me.

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-17, 04:35 PM
And thus, spider golf was invented!

One spider is smacked with the flat of an ax, half of it smearing across the weapon, the other half smashing into another spider and throwing it into the hole! Another is crushed, not understanding that one should move away from the oncoming chunk of metal.

Linguz
2012-05-17, 05:45 PM
"Run? From spiders? You've gotta be kidding me." Garth proceeds to keep playing spider golf.

Melee Attack: [roll0]
Melee Damage: [roll1]
Ranged Touch: [roll2]

riccaru
2012-05-17, 06:04 PM
"Run? From spiders? You've gotta be kidding me." Garth proceeds to keep playing spider golf.

Brice swings the hammer down again, trying to make the spiders back off. If enough die, they would surely run, right?

attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

Lexin
2012-05-17, 06:15 PM
Rendal waits until Aenith throws the 'bomb' if it catches fire, he makes another one, if not he uses his powers to ignite the oil.

Oil as thrown weapon has 50% of working

if it fails - Matter agitation on Oil

Flame9006
2012-05-17, 08:52 PM
This can't end well
[roll0]
I don't know what the damage would be so tell me and I'll roll it or you can roll it.
Edit:Annnd I was right this can't end well.

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-19, 02:50 PM

Your ax swings right past a spider! How embarrassing!

Brice swings the hammer down again, trying to make the spiders back off. If enough die, they would surely run, right?

attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

Another spider is squashed with a sick noise followed by the clunk of your hammer on the floor, but they just keep coming!

This can't end well
[roll0]
I don't know what the damage would be so tell me and I'll roll it or you can roll it.
Edit:Annnd I was right this can't end well.

Rendal waits until Aenith throws the 'bomb' if it catches fire, he makes another one, if not he uses his powers to ignite the oil.

Oil as thrown weapon has 50% of working

if it fails - Matter agitation on Oil

The bottle smashes into a wall across the hole, the oil pooling around the cracks in the floor and seeping down into the hole slowly. It doesn't ignite, but it sizzles and then-

OH DAMN! THAT'S SOME IGNITION!

Fire and choking black oily smoke fill the hallway, gouts of flame and smoke spurting up from the hole in the floor, complete with tattered scraps of ages old web and the squeal of air escaping from popping spiders!

Linguz
2012-05-19, 02:52 PM
Garth ignores the smoke as the half-orc barbarian that he is and proceeds to try to make up for missing the ball.

Touch Ranged: [roll2]

Flame9006
2012-05-19, 09:20 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
That should thin the buggers out. Heh heh buggers because they're spiders?No? Drat.

riccaru
2012-05-19, 09:25 PM
If there are any spiders left Brice will smash them all! Or just one. That works too.

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Lexin
2012-05-19, 09:28 PM
Rendal makes another bomb. Even if it won't be needed now, it could see some use later...

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-19, 09:34 PM
If there are any spiders left Brice will smash them all! Or just one. That works too.

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Garth ignores the smoke as the half-orc barbarian that he is and proceeds to try to make up for missing the ball.

Touch Ranged: [roll2]

The last two unburnt spiders are smashed and cloven in two, and an entire species of rare, dungeon dwelling tarantula is made extinct, granting you 150 exp each!

Linguz
2012-05-19, 09:53 PM
With the smoke and the fire and all that jazz still around the smoke (I'm guessing), Garth turns around and looks at the group. "How 'bout we don't go that way? I'm pretty sure I see another passage on the other side of the hallway, let's try there. Everyone fine with this idea?"

Lexin
2012-05-19, 10:04 PM
Rendal watches the fire for a while, trying to avoid the smoke before he answers.

"Yeah, choosing another way sounds good to me..."

Flame9006
2012-05-19, 10:06 PM
I'm fine with any plan that doesn't involve my imminent doom, especially not spider shaped doom.

riccaru
2012-05-19, 10:08 PM
"Well we already killed the spiders, so hopefully nothing will come at our backs. Garth, you should walk in back just to be safe, I'll take lead again." As he says this, he starts moving past the other two to get into position.

Linguz
2012-05-19, 10:53 PM
Garth positions himself behind the rest of the group.

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-20, 09:08 AM
The side of the hallway you are facing continues on with no torches or braziers to light it, but plenty of mounts, suggesting that at one point, there were torches. Smoke drifts down the hall from behind you, carried by a gentle breeze.

Linguz
2012-05-20, 07:08 PM
"Guys... there's a breeze. Meaning that there's two openings somewhere in this cavern." With his superior vision, Garth believed he should be going at the front, but nonetheless stayed guarding the back in case of anything.

Flame9006
2012-05-20, 08:26 PM
I'd prefer if the people who can actually take a hit were at the front. We killed everything there and if we didn't i think they're going to be licking their wounds.
Aenith cautiously follows behind Brice.

Lexin
2012-05-20, 08:41 PM
"If Brice wants to get hit first... I don't have any problem with it..."
Rendal follows just behind Aenith.

riccaru
2012-05-22, 08:46 PM
Brice rummages through his pack for his Collapsible pole! which he uses to poke the ground ahead of the group as they slowly move forward.

"We need to make sure there aren't any more surprises."

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-22, 09:42 PM
Smoke follows you down the hallway, which you notice to be widening slightly, now allowing three men to walk side by side. There are scattered bones, some of them human and wearing aged and rusted armor.

Garth.
You notice that the hall is sloping upwards. At this point you should be above ground, but you aren't.

Linguz
2012-05-23, 12:43 PM
"Hold on. Something's not right here. We should be above the surface." He looks at one of the armors and gets down on one knee. He takes it up in his hand and begins to appraise it, trying to determine the age of the armor and how long it's been down here.

Appraise (steel): [roll0]

Flame9006
2012-05-24, 04:29 PM
[roll0] Spot
[roll1] Search
Hmm, Lets see if i can see anything unusual.
Aenith Looks around cautiously.

Lexin
2012-05-24, 04:46 PM
"Yeah, yeah... have fun guys." Says Rendal and leans against the wall, waiting for others.

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-24, 04:56 PM
[roll0] Spot
[roll1] Search
Hmm, Lets see if i can see anything unusual.
Aenith Looks around cautiously.

You find that one of the flagstones in the floor has a few dabs of white paint on it.

"Hold on. Something's not right here. We should be above the surface." He looks at one of the armors and gets down on one knee. He takes it up in his hand and begins to appraise it, trying to determine the age of the armor and how long it's been down here.

Appraise (steel): [roll0]

From as far as you can tell, the armor's been down here for at least half a century, maybe longer!

Linguz
2012-05-24, 05:43 PM
Garth stepped back away from the armor. "This thing's at least twice as old as me, and I've been alive for half a century. You see anything of interest, or should we continue?"

riccaru
2012-05-24, 07:59 PM
Brice uses DETECT EVIL on the corpses. Best not to have any skeletons come up to eat us.

"Anyone remember when the last expedition here was?"

Does Brice recognize the armor from his visions?

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-24, 08:04 PM
No.

You detect no source of evil from any of the bones, but you get an ominous feeling from the end of the hall...

Flame9006
2012-05-25, 02:32 PM
There's some paint on the floor. Maybe it's a trap?Who knows but it's something worth noting.
Aenith indicates the stone with the paint on it.

Linguz
2012-05-25, 04:26 PM
"Maybe. It'd explain where the corpses came from, past victims of the trap. Whoever knows how to find traps and the like, take the front and check as we go. Don't want to stumble into anything."

Flame9006
2012-05-25, 07:11 PM
Well that would be my job i guess. Let's see what I can see.

[roll0]
Hope there's no traps.

Lexin
2012-05-25, 07:13 PM
Hearing about traps Rendal stops leaning against the wall and walks in safe distance behind the 'trapfinder'...
He would find these traps one way or another...

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-27, 12:37 AM
You find a series of tiny holes in the wall, presumably for darts. As far as you can tell, they're probably hooked up to some spot on the floor, probably the painted stone you found.

Flame9006
2012-05-27, 09:39 AM
There is indeed a trap give me a moment and I'll disable it.
[roll0]

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-27, 03:10 PM
You are able to slide your knife through the mortar in the floor and pry the stone up, revealing a small button below. Just to be sure, you pry the button out as well.

And BAM! 50 exp for trap taken apart!

Flame9006
2012-05-27, 07:11 PM
Trap, no trap. Back to Adventure!

Linguz
2012-05-27, 07:14 PM
"Then how about you go first, checking for traps as you go? If there's one, there should be more."

riccaru
2012-05-27, 07:21 PM
"I agree, but I'll be walking right behind you. If there's trouble switch places with me." Brice says as he unfolds the pole and places it back in his bag before picking up his hammer, readying to crush the enemies of his group.

Lexin
2012-05-27, 07:23 PM
"Yes, that's a good idea."

More people between me and danger- approved.

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-27, 07:35 PM
Garth
The hallway is not sloping upwards in this area.

There is an archway at the end of the hall, lined with sockets that may have once held gems, and four doors, two along either side of the hall towards the end.

Flame9006
2012-05-28, 03:32 PM
I guess i will. But if we see any enemies I'm hiding behind the guys in plate armor.
((Ooc how many sockets?))

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-29, 02:18 AM
There are seven sockets, three on each side and one alrger one on the top. Each socket is set into its own stone brick, bits and pieces of what may have once been gold plating still stuck to them.

Linguz
2012-05-29, 06:59 AM
(I think you meant 3 on each side...)

Garth noticed the no longer sloping ground but said nothing. He looked ahead and mumbled, "Four doors, seven gems, four of us..."

riccaru
2012-05-29, 11:39 AM
(I think you meant 3 on each side...)

Garth noticed the no longer sloping ground but said nothing. He looked ahead and mumbled, "Four doors, seven gems, four of us..."

"Do it two at a time? Aenith, stand behind me. Garth take Rendal to the door right behind this one." Brice says as he stands in front of the farthest door from where they entered, on the right side. His shield raised in front of him to provide cover.

Linguz
2012-05-29, 11:42 AM
Garth nodded and hoisted his greataxe. He went to the door behind Brice and stood in front of it, hands busy holding the axe. "Aenith and Rendal, since both me and Brice can't use hands, you mind opening the doors at the same time. At your signal, Brice."

(I'm guessing Brice is also holding his weapon, which would leave him unable to open doors.)

Flame9006
2012-05-29, 03:25 PM
Well here goes everything.
Aenith says while readying to open the door at Brice's signal.

Lexin
2012-05-29, 03:28 PM
Rendal takes the position and waits for signal.

"I just hope it won't get us killed."

riccaru
2012-05-29, 04:07 PM
Well here goes everything.
Aenith says while readying to open the door at Brice's signal.

"Right. On three."

He swings his sword arm around once to make sure it's nice and loose.

"One."

His head tips to one side then the other as he cracks his neck, then rolls it as well.

"Two."

He breathes deeply, closing his eyes for a second.

"Three!"

His eyes shoot open as he steps forward, ready to slam anything dangerous on the other side with his hammer.

TechnoScrabble
2012-05-31, 09:13 AM
((Sorry, heavy storms, power intermittent))
Aenith and Brice's creaks as it opens, leading to a stairway made of black stone bricks that leads down into a cobweb filled dark tunnel, each brick engraved with tiny depictions of dragons and horrid visages. It doesn't take detect evil to tell the hall is tainted.

Garth and Rendall's door opens up into a spiral staircase made of smoothed obsidian and white granite tiles in a checkerboard pattern, the walls of the staircase (which goes down AND up) lined with bookshelves covered in books, scrolls, various cleaned bones and preserved animals, and other knick knacks one might expect a knowledgable wizard to own.

Linguz
2012-05-31, 01:36 PM
Garth calls out to the other group, "I found a scholar's stairwell here. Lots of books and the like, for magic."

Flame9006
2012-05-31, 02:42 PM
I've got to keep that in mind might be useful later.Over here we've got an evil looking stairway with a hallway.

Lexin
2012-05-31, 02:44 PM
" So what, are we checking the other pair, or trying one of staircases?"

riccaru
2012-05-31, 04:06 PM
" So what, are we checking the other pair, or trying one of staircases?"

"Cover all of our bases first. Then we'll go from there." Brice moves over to the other door on his side with Aenith and does the same thing.

Flame9006
2012-05-31, 04:17 PM
After all wouldn't want to go down one corridor and get ambushed by someone from one of these doors.
Aenith says once in position.

Lexin
2012-05-31, 04:22 PM
"Ready"

Says Rendal as he moves to the next door

Linguz
2012-05-31, 04:40 PM
Garth moves to the other door with Rendal and gets ready for the entering sequence. "Ready here too."

riccaru
2012-05-31, 06:00 PM
Brice again counts to three after preparing himself to use the shield as cover should anything be swinging madly at him from the other side of the door.

Readied action to use the tower shield as cover

TechnoScrabble
2012-06-01, 09:45 AM
Garth and Rendall's door opens up into a brick wall with four sockets similar to the ones over the larger door at the end of the hall, one of them already filled in with a dull, smooth sphere of some yellowish stone. Aenith and Brice's door, however, opens up into yet another downwards staircase, this one lined with hexagonal brown and white ceramic tiles, some of which are instead covered in a softly glowing silvery metal.

Flame9006
2012-06-01, 06:36 PM
Another hallway over here.Anything interesting over there? If not I'm going to go take some of those books for later.

riccaru
2012-06-01, 06:45 PM
Another hallway over here.Anything interesting over there? If not I'm going to go take some of those books for later.

"Dont. Touch. Anything" Brice says as he blocks Aenith's way. He then puts his hammer through the loop and opens his back, putting together the collapsible pole with practiced ease and stands a safe distance from the books and begins knocking them off the shelves.

"Don't get too close to anything. This whole room reeks of darkness."

Linguz
2012-06-01, 06:55 PM
"We've got something interesting here. Bricks and a gem. Want any of those? This door leads to a brick wall. Who makes something like this?!" He backs out of the door and watches Brice work.

Lexin
2012-06-01, 07:58 PM
"A wall behind the door... maybe it is just a very dumb trap..."

Flame9006
2012-06-01, 10:03 PM
I don't know I'm just going to see if taking it'll activate any traps.
[roll0]
Aenith examines the wall and sockets.

TechnoScrabble
2012-06-02, 10:03 AM
The books are just books. They fall and kick up whirls of dust.

The sockets have no traps, but when you press the rings of faded and chipped metal around them, the insides push outwards. The yellow stone can now easily be removed!

Flame9006
2012-06-02, 03:40 PM
Well i guess there's no traps on this thing, so I'm just going to take this gem. You done with those books or can i take them?
Aenith take the gem from it's socket and moves toward the library door.

TechnoScrabble
2012-06-02, 04:04 PM
The sphere of yellow stone is unnaturally cold.

Flame9006
2012-06-02, 05:15 PM
So we've got a cold rock, a brick wall, 2 mysterious hallways and a library.
Aenith shakes his head.

Lexin
2012-06-02, 05:19 PM
"So maybe we could... check the library. Looks like the least dangerous one."

Linguz
2012-06-02, 05:22 PM
"But which way? Do we go up or down?"

Lexin
2012-06-02, 05:34 PM
"...There shouldn't be anything upstairs... at least there was nothing when we looked from outside... so up?"

Flame9006
2012-06-02, 05:35 PM
Split up? If we are going into the library let's close the doors so we have a bit more warning.

Linguz
2012-06-02, 05:48 PM
"There shouldn't be anything where we currently are. We're above the surface right now, I can tell. But up, sure. Brice, you leading or shall I? And splitting up is a horrible idea (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waa2ucfgVgQ), it always is. Weakens us overall and whatnot."

Flame9006
2012-06-02, 06:09 PM
Flip a coin heads we go up tails we go down?
Aenith takes out a gold coin and flips it.
[roll0]
1 is heads 2 is tails

Lexin
2012-06-02, 06:13 PM
"I told you we should go up."

Linguz
2012-06-02, 07:43 PM
"And it seems to me that the coin agrees. I'll lead the way, I guess." With that, Garth steps forward past everyone and begins to climb the stairs.

Flame9006
2012-06-02, 09:24 PM
Anyone mind holding on to some books for me?
Aenith asks while looking at the books

Linguz
2012-06-02, 09:26 PM
"What would you be able to do with the books? Instead, let's just keep going forward and find the riches that await us deeper in this place. It won't help us to get a few gold coins from selling books if we can't carry something worth much more because of said books."

Flame9006
2012-06-02, 10:06 PM
Not selling learning, have you seen how much it cost to get a wizard to cast a spell, besides a little magic won't hurt.

TechnoScrabble
2012-06-04, 07:24 AM
Up the stairs, you find a heavy wooden door with an iron visage of a grinning face in the center. The face has several piercings and long hair.
The metal head shakes a little and begins to move, speaking.
"ALLRRIIIIIGGGGHT!!! Wazzup, chums?"

riccaru
2012-06-04, 11:19 AM
"Leave the books. We can grab them on our way through if we need them." Brice says before falling in behind the group, turning around often to look behind them. When they come to the face he turns sideways relative to the group in order to be able to view behind them more. Someone else could talk to this thing. Brice has had just about enough of this place, but there would still be much to see today.

Linguz
2012-06-04, 12:36 PM
Garth looks at the head and asks, "Who are you?"

Flame9006
2012-06-04, 02:46 PM
I think a better question would be what are you.
Aenith mumbles to himself

Lexin
2012-06-04, 02:51 PM
"Okay, this one is interesting..."

TechnoScrabble
2012-06-04, 03:23 PM
"I'm the door to the upper tower, man, the tower of the wizard Greysef!" the door says gleefully.

Linguz
2012-06-04, 03:24 PM
"And who is Greysef?"

Lexin
2012-06-07, 07:37 PM
"He is a wizard, I guess"

To the door:

"Can you open for us?"

TechnoScrabble
2012-06-07, 08:38 PM
"He's the rockingest wizard eeeeVVVVVAAAAAAAARRRRRRYYYEEEAAAHHH!!!" the door's voice is accompanied by a sweet guitar riff, "But sorry, many, I can't let ya in without his go. The big dude's downstairs!"

riccaru
2012-06-07, 08:43 PM
"He's the rockingest wizard eeeeVVVVVAAAAAAAARRRRRRYYYEEEAAAHHH!!!" the door's voice is accompanied by a sweet guitar riff, "But sorry, many, I can't let ya in without his go. The big dude's downstairs!"

"Downstairs where? Is he the one who killed those people down there? What does he look like?" Brice muscles his way forward of the group to finally look this thing face to face.

Flame9006
2012-06-07, 09:02 PM
Who thinks that it's a good idea to try and trick this wall that we've gotten permission from this Greysel guy?
Aenith Whispers to the group

TechnoScrabble
2012-06-08, 03:25 PM
"You, like, go down the stairs, man, and he'll be there. Shouldn't be any dead dudes about, Greysef likes to keep his pad clean," the face looks confused, "He's the tall, skinny dude with the pointy hat and the guitar and all the chains an' ****, man, how do you NOT know who Greysef is?"

Flame9006
2012-06-08, 07:43 PM
I don't think this guy's seen anyone from outside this place in years.
Aenith whispers to the rest of the group

Linguz
2012-06-08, 07:58 PM
Garth goes back through the group and speaks to Aenith in a hushed tone, "Go ahead and see if you can get him to open for us. If not, we'll go down, I guess. Or smash his face in. Anyone else want to smash his face in?"

Lexin
2012-06-08, 08:03 PM
"Nothing against any of these ideas..."
Says Rendal in almost cheerful voice.

Flame9006
2012-06-08, 09:47 PM
Hello Mr Wall, I already met up with Greysel and he said he was too busy to come up here with us but that we could go ahead.
[roll0]

TechnoScrabble
2012-06-09, 12:28 PM
"Mr. Wall was my father, man, head on through," the door wriggles a bit.
"Uh, could you give me a push?"

Flame9006
2012-06-09, 12:44 PM
Sure
Aenith says to the door.
I can't believe that worked
Aenith whispers to the party.

Linguz
2012-06-09, 12:47 PM
Garth moved closer to the door and pushed. "Your father? But... you're a door."

Strength: [roll0]