PDA

View Full Version : Where can i find Lucifer/Satan?

Taimino
2012-05-07, 11:52 PM
Okay guys, I don't know if this is a REAAAAAALLLY random question or not, but my DM of this Apocalyptic undead campaign I am in has announced to our group that Lucifer will be present in our next session.
Our party had traveled to the Celestial realm and some had gotten direct assistance, so because of the whole "Balance of good and evil thing" lucifer is going to "help" those who did not accept the "test of faith" the celestials offered by giving them that whole contract for a wish thing for theirs souls and what not.

anyway to the actual question at hand; I want to know where i can find the stat block of Lucifer/Satan, My DM wanted to have his stat block and such ready for any kind of use and I'm helping him with that.
I have already gathered the information from Dragon magazine #28 (1e rules and such)

any help would be great :) i don't care if it's 2e or 4e, but if there IS a 3e/3.5 that would be AWESOME

Edit: also if there aren't any 3e/3.5 availible than could I have some advise on how to turn whatever information there is into some kind of rough converted information?

Ravens_cry
2012-05-07, 11:57 PM
I believe the massive, recently reprinted for Pathfinder (http://paizo.com/store/v5748btpy8ody), Tome of Horror's has stats for ol' Scratch.

kardar233
2012-05-08, 12:23 AM
Consider powerful fiends likeAsmodeus for subtlety, Mephistopheles for power and Orcus for the undead angle. They're given stats in Fiendish Codecies 1 and 2 and the Book of Vile Darkness.

Kane0
2012-05-08, 12:45 AM
Just rename any Duke of the 9 hells :smallwink:

TypoNinja
2012-05-08, 01:25 AM
Mephistopheles is my vote for "the Devil himself", hes even got the name.

Eldan
2012-05-08, 01:30 AM
Mephistopheles is my vote for "the Devil himself", hes even got the name.

At least half the dukes of hell have names that were at some point used for the devil. And Mephistopheles in Faust was not THE devil, he was A devil.

Thurbane
2012-05-08, 02:31 AM
Lucifer had AD&D stats in a very old issue of Dragon...I think it got reprinted in one of the Dragon Annuals.

Ashtagon
2012-05-08, 03:09 AM
For what I hope are obvious reasons, any actual stats for this guy won't get posted on this forum.

Afaik, TSR and WotC never stated the guy either. However, you can easily just use Asmodeus and file the serial numbers off.

HunterOfJello
2012-05-08, 03:14 AM
as mentioned above, Lucifer was a devil in AD&D

However, he got caught having a archdevil baby with another archdevil and both of them got force summoned to the 9th Hell and choked to death by Asmodeus once the Super-Devil found out about it. Asmodeus even force summoned Mephistopheles and held him under his control at the same time so that someone could watch what happens when Archdevils attempt to procreate without Asmodeus' consent.

Mephistopheles is the 2nd most powerful Devil, so it was a pretty big deal that Asmodeus could control and overpower three Archdevils at the same time.

The child of Lucifer and the other Archdevil may or may not be alive and was named Lucifage or something like that.

~~~~~
So for all intents and purposes:

Mephistopheles = The Devil

Asmodeus = The Super Devil

Taimino
2012-05-08, 03:24 AM
Thanks for the help :D
hopefully the information from pathfinder will help alot

hamishspence
2012-05-08, 05:54 AM
as mentioned above, Lucifer was a devil in AD&D

However, he got caught having a archdevil baby with another archdevil and both of them got force summoned to the 9th Hell and choked to death by Asmodeus once the Super-Devil found out about it. Asmodeus even force summoned Mephistopheles and held him under his control at the same time so that someone could watch what happens when Archdevils attempt to procreate without Asmodeus' consent.

Mephistopheles is the 2nd most powerful Devil, so it was a pretty big deal that Asmodeus could control and overpower three Archdevils at the same time.

The child of Lucifer and the other Archdevil may or may not be alive and was named Lucifage or something like that.

Most of that's in Elminster in Hell- in that, (according to the outcast archdevil recanting the story) Lucifuge is devoured alive by Asmodeus before he gives Lucifer and Batna "the final death". And it's Baalzebul, not Mephistopheles, that's summoned to witness the scene.

Dicefreaks, however, makes Lucifer an older "aspect" of Asmodeus

danzibr
2012-05-08, 08:24 AM
I find it interesting that when I made an earlier post about divine ranks of Zeus & co. a bunch of people told me to beware of forum rules, but nobody batted an eye at talk of Lucifer.

In any case, to be constructive, in line with what hamishspence said, I would suggest using Asmodeus's stats.

On a side note, I think an undead apocalypse campaign would be way cool.

Flickerdart
2012-05-08, 08:55 AM
I believe one of the books (BoVD?) mentions that there are powerful, forgotten evils that rank even higher than Asmodeus, and namedrops Satan. So none of the Archfiends are Satan, canonically - but almost any of them will do in a pinch if all you want is their stats.
Also if you enjoy apocalyptic undead, check out the Atropal and Atropal Scion. Doesn't get more apocalyptic or more undead than those guys.

marcielle
2012-05-08, 09:37 AM
I don't remmeber where I heard it but there was something about Asmodeus gaining his current rank after Satan had a big gambit blow up in his face horribly.

Roguenewb
2012-05-08, 09:42 AM
Asmodeus is scary. If you want some fun, one of the printed versions of him is *massively* under CR-ed if I remember correctly.

The BoVD one is CR 32, so... yeah.

Ravens_cry
2012-05-08, 12:45 PM
A lot of the devils and demons names mentioned in D&D come from various traditions, Asmodeus for example, so, um, yeah, check the fan created PF-SRD if you want some third party Pathfinder version of Old Nick.