PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 CORE Polymorph- increasing weapon size

imneuromancer
2012-05-08, 10:32 AM
We are playing a 3.5 CORE campaign (with a few other sources like Spell Compendium, PHBII, the Complete Books), so no Polymorph Subschool.

I am playing a 7th-level wizard. My fighter wants me to polymorph him into a hag or troll or something large with a lot of strength, able to use a two-handed sword (he is specialized and taken a lot of feats for it), and can speak (basically, just a large or larger humanoid).

However, the problem is increasing his weapon size. If we polymorph, the size of the weapon does not increase, correct?

So is there a way to increase the weapon size so that when he is Large he can still have his two-handed sword? I can get access to pretty much any spell I want.

BTW: Carrying around a spare large two-handed sword is not an option, he likes his magical two-handed sword too much.....

Righteous Doggy
2012-05-08, 10:47 AM
Enlarge person increases the weapon with it, a sizing weapon can be whatever size you need.

And no, it shouldn't change his weapon size, but to be honest the power of a creatures natural attacks can be better, and its not a huge hit to his damage if he wants to use his medium greatsword as a large creature.(That nat armor and strength bonus is still really nice.) Its -2 for using an inappropriately sized weapon, but your DM could eschew that if you asked probably.

Telonius
2012-05-08, 11:05 AM
The Sizing weapon enhancement costs 5,000gp (MiC p.43). As RD mentioned, casting Enlarge Person first before you Polymorph will also do it. (Enlarge Person specifically includes the gear). A wand of it will only set you back 750 gold, but that's an extra thing for you to do when you could be raining arcane doom down upon your foes.

Togo
2012-05-08, 11:44 AM
Annis hag is the traditional choice, and has the better stats. Just be sure to remind him that there is no such thing as a male annis hag. Not too often. Just often enough to bother him.:smallamused:

Sizing enchantment is your best bet. In the meantime, he can still weild his sword, although it becomes a one-handed weapon. You might also want to look at an oversized wooden club - it's free, and if treated with oil of shilleigh or similar, does 4d6 damage basic. Might be good for the odd occasion when you need to beat down a wall or similar - you don't want to use your best weapon for that.

Vladislav
2012-05-08, 11:48 AM
I am personally impartial to polymorphing into Hydras. Who needs a sizing weapon when you have seven natural attacks?