PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Humanoids: Maretids (PEACH)

Jergmo
2012-05-08, 11:02 AM
This is a race I've had in mind for a while, and only now have I fleshed them out a bit for my campaign setting.

Maretid
Maretids are a race from a distant world often residing in coastal communities. They are tall, slender and have light blue skin with gaunt features - they lack any hair and possess short, sharp teeth and eyes with white pupils. The diet of a maretid consists of a large amount of fish, cephalapods and eggs. Maretids are highly intolerant of substances such as alcohol or nicotine, but they are capable of consuming large amounts of mercury with no ill effects, granting an exception to their weaknesses to poisons.

Maretids are typically led by the most powerful wizards and psions of their communities. They are a very traditional people and are typically Lawful. The most powerful of maretids are capable of crafting extravagant vessels capable of traversing the planes, which is how they are most often encountered.

Maretid Traits (Ex)
Maretids possess the following racial traits:

+2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence
Medium size.
A maretid's base land speed is 30 feet.
Darkvision out to 60 ft.
-2 racial penalty on saves against poisons.
+2 racial bonus on Swim checks. A maretid can use its Strength or Dexterity modifier for Swim checks, whichever is highest.
Automatic Language: Aquan.
Favored Class: Wizard (male), Telepath (female).