PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on this Swordsage (some homebrew inside)

Gharkash
2012-05-08, 02:14 PM
So, this is my feat/stance/maneuver progression. Str based two hander. Everything until level six is set in stone, others are subject to change. Swapped Desert Wind for Iron Heart ( i would prefer you to refrain from comments on that, specially negative ones).

Feats:
Adaptive Style/ Improved Initiative (human)
Quickdraw
Iron Heart Aura
Blindfight
Stormguard Warrior
Combat Reflexes
Robilar's Gambit

Stances:
Punishing Stance
Hunter's Senses
Assasin's Stance
Hearing the Air
Stance of Alacrity
Leaping Dragon Stance

Maneuvers:
1st lvl: Saphire N.B./ Steel Wind/ Mighty Throw/ Clinging Shadow S./ Charging minotaur/ Wolf Fang S.
2nd lvl: Moment of Perfect Mind
3rd lvl:Baffling Defense
4th lvl:Mountain H/ Mighty Throw->Wall of Blades
5th lvl:Mind over Body
6th lvl:Insightful S./ Clinging Shadow S->Iron Heart Surge
7th lvl:Ruby Nightmare B.
8th lvl:Death From Above/ Moment-> Lightning Recovery
9th lvl:Shadow Stride
10th lvl:Elder Mtn H/ Wolf Fang->Dancing Mongoose
11th lvl:Greater Insightful
12th lvl:Rabid Bear S./ Steel Wind-> Pouncing Charge
13th lvl:Shadow Blink
14th lvl:Avalance of Blades/ Death From Above->Swooping Dragon
15th lvl: Diamond Defense
16th lvl:Raging Mongoose/ Ruby Nightmare B.->Diamond Nightmare b.
17th lvl:Time Stands Still
18th lvl:Strike of Perfect Clarity/ Mtn H.->Ancient Mtn H.
19th lvl:Feral Death Blow

At 20th lvl i want to make two lvl 9 maneuvers on my own, if you have any ideas they are welcome, though i have some things in mind.

What is your opinion on the above? Any recommended changes? Any mistakes (apart from grammatical)?

My thought was to find room for Adamantine Huricane, and maybe the Diamond Mind counter where you follow your opponent when he moves. Do they worth giving up something on this list?

Also if some one can teach me how to make tables, that would be welcome as well.

Gharkash
2012-05-08, 04:53 PM
Bumped up.

Gharkash
2012-05-10, 05:11 PM
Last, bump.

eggs
2012-05-10, 05:56 PM
You have an awful lot of filler feats. Improved Initiative isn't bad, but you probably have something better to take than Blindfight. And you definitely have something better to take than Quickdraw. Doing something like swapping II for Mage slayer and Quickdraw for Pierce Magical Concealment would both complement Stormguard Warrior, and help to deal with some of melee's biggest limitations.

You're trading away Moment of Perfect Mind - a power that scales well and that is probably more useful at high levels than low - while keeping Charging Minotaur - a power that does poor damage which doesn't scale, and which quickly becomes obsolete as enemies get too big or too evasive to push.

If you want Mirrored Pursuit, you could probably take in instead of Elder Mountain hammer without missing anything. The Stone Dragon attacks are pretty weak as standard action options, and standing on the ground becomes very restrictive past ECL 10 or so.

Your stances are redundant. Assassin's stance isn't a big improvement over Punishing Stance, but something like Sudden Leap would be. Hunter's Sense is kind of neat, but its primary functions can be replicated with animals at very low cost.

Gharkash
2012-05-10, 08:03 PM
Sudden leap is a boost, not a stance. As for the feats, they are set in stone, and Pierce Magical Concealment requires Blindfight, even though i take it for Hearing the Air synergy. Any advice on the stances?