PDA

View Full Version : Optional 40th level boss of my campaign, PEACH

50Copper
2012-05-08, 04:55 PM
My party members, keep out. You can wait till tomorrow.

My party is level 30, and we're finishing the campaign tomorrow with 2 optional bosses and a final boss in 6 stages.

They've already beaten 5 level 37 optional bosses.

They include:

Tiefling Paladin, Saint
Dragonborn Sorcerer-Warlord, Exarch of Bahamut
Half-Orc Ranger, Raven Knight
Minotaur Fighting, Undying Warrior
Changeling Wizard, Sage of Ages

If they beat the optional boss before this one, they get 6 gems, each of which increases a specific stat to 30, meaning they will have good NADS and the Paladin will be able to use 10 Lay on Hands per day, each of which heals like 5 surges worth of hit points across two people. They also each have +7 weapons with awesome bonuses.

Without further ado...I present to you... Pun-Pun's Familiar

http://i45.tinypic.com/33axow2.png

http://i45.tinypic.com/20uzy83.png

Tell me if I should add anything, or if anything seems too much.

legomaster00156
2012-05-08, 05:00 PM
Haha, your players are going to hate you for creating these monsters. I approve.

50Copper
2012-05-08, 05:05 PM
The basic tactics for success would be delaying until he acts 3 times in a row, so that only one Immediate action and save happens, the Paladin, Ranger, and Wizard staying insubstantial to do full damage, and keeping distance as much as possible. I'm confident my party could win this if the dice fell in their favor. The Paladin alone has 57 defenses across the board.

50Copper
2012-05-09, 01:07 PM
They killed it, for the record. But it was close.

Musco
2012-05-09, 03:48 PM
SO the campaign is over? Oh wow, that must be a sad feeling, your campaign sounded AWESOME.

50Copper
2012-05-09, 08:08 PM
Well that was the optional final boss. The true final boss, Tharizdun, came right after. They beat him too. He was level 40, had 7 forms, and 2997 combined HP total.

DragonBaneDM
2012-05-10, 09:13 AM
SO the campaign is over? Oh wow, that must be a sad feeling, your campaign sounded AWESOME.

I can't believe we're actually done... I think I've got to get a...CRAP. I never changed my Avatar on here to Briggs!!!

aksdfjaofadsjfofj...

And yeah. It's really sad. I've been an emotional wreck since we finished yesterday, but I think Copper and our other players would argue that I'm a wreck most of the time any way. :smalltongue: