PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer Lizardmen to D&D

ShadowFireLance
2012-05-08, 10:44 PM
Ok Now The internet severly lacks in recorces of this kind. Any one who can help please do.

Eldan
2012-05-08, 10:53 PM
What's not okay with normal core lizardmen and dinosaurs? Throw in the larger and smaller ones from Eberron for Skinks and Kroxigors and you should be golden.

Edge
2012-05-09, 04:40 AM
Throw in the larger and smaller ones from Eberron for Skinks and Kroxigors and you should be golden.

If you're playing 3.5, their actual rules appear in the Monster Manual 3. The Poison Dusk Lizardfolk are actually more like Chameleon Skinks. If you want normal skinks, then just drop the chameleon skin special quality.

Blackscale Lizardfolk are pretty much kroxigor right out of the box, though.

ShadowFireLance
2012-05-09, 11:17 AM
I also kinda thought about that.. But mostly I mean Slann Stegadon's and Carnorsaur. What about Temple gaurds?

hamishspence
2012-05-09, 11:22 AM
Temple Guard are basically just elite specimens of ordinary Saurus.

Battletitan dinosaurs (also MM3) make good carnosaurs.

Stegodons could be maybe Dire Triceratops- there's homebrew dire templates out there I'm sure.

Slaan are a bit odder- perhaps use a froggy race like bullywugs, scale to Large, adjust stats to emphasise magical ability, and give it lots of wizard levels.

ShadowFireLance
2012-05-09, 12:23 PM
Niiiiiice Just What i needed Thanks Now On the subject of Sotek....
I am open to any sugests I have acess to every D&D book

hamishspence
2012-05-09, 12:37 PM
Serpent Kingdoms has a lot of snaky deities which could be used as a baseline. At a guess I'd say lizardmen probably default to LN- maybe LE at worst if you play up the sacrificing stuff, especially Skaven.

Edge
2012-05-09, 12:39 PM
Niiiiiice Just What i needed Thanks Now On the subject of Sotek....
I am open to any sugests I have acess to every D&D book

Sotek is a deity. Whilst I can't whip up a full stat block for him, I can try and give you a deity summary block, based on what I remember off the top of my head and what I can find on Lexicanum.

Sotek
The Serpent God
Intermediate Deity
Symbol: An angular stylised serpent
Home Plane: The Beastlands.
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Portfolio: Lizardfolk, cessation of plague, salvation, slaughter, war.
Worshippers: Lizardfolk
Cleric Alignments: Chaotic Neutral, True Neutral or Chaotic Evil.
Domains: Chaos, Death, Destruction, Healing, Protection, Scalykind*, Strength

*Found in the Spell Compendium.

ShadowFireLance
2012-05-09, 03:06 PM
*Mind blows* Thanks so much!
Last one.... Wat about Engine of the gods? and Dread saurion?