PDA

View Full Version : (PF) Low Templar PrC build 2.0

Duncan_Ruadrik
2012-05-09, 12:27 PM
Posted something similar awhile back, build is different enough to not warrant thread necromancy... i would love some feedback on this!

Ranger 2/Rogue 3/Low Templar (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/i-m/low-templar) 7

20 point buy, Human

STR 10
DEX 15 (17)
CON 14
INT 14
WIS 13
CHA 10

Feats:
1 Finesse
1 Toughness
3 Dervish Dance
5 Mounted Combat
7 Iron Will
9 Improved Critical
11 Improved Initiative? Critical Focus?

Ranger combat Style:
2 Power Attack

Favored Enemy:
Evil Outsiders +2

Rogue Talent:
2 Weapon Focus- Scimitar

Basically, the idea is to capitalize on the static bonuses from Dervish Dance and Power Attack to deal consistent damage, Sneak Attack (2d6 from rogue, 1d6 from Low Templar) to augment whenever possible.

Secondly, the wide threat range of the scimitar will provide often triggers for the Low Templar's Dirty Fighting ability, and if I am lucky enough to get Blinded as the effect, that will allow more damage via Sneak attack.

Favored Enemy: Evil Outsiders will stack with the Low Templar's Crusader ability, by level 12 the bonus to hit and damage to evil outsiders will be +5, though the various skill bonuses Ranger gets will remain at +2.

The ranger levels most importantly allow the access of Power Attack without the pre-req of 13 STR. It also allows medium armor early on, and access to some wands and scrolls.

Assuming mithril Kikko armor, (max DEX of 6) my level 12 non-magic damage should be 1d6+6 (Dervish Dance) +6 (Power Attack) +3d6 Sneak Attack. The Templar's Ruthless ability basically copies 3.5 Cleave feat, so that should add a bit to lethality.

Any suggestions, comments, or concerns would be much appreciated!

Duncan_Ruadrik
2012-05-09, 11:23 PM
Bump (admittedly with some shame)