PDA

View Full Version : Any good wand user PrC's?

Invader
2012-05-09, 07:34 PM
Has there ever been a good wand user PrC released? Basically anything that increases usage per round, level cap, effectiveness, etc?

Ideally it would be a UMD based class as being a caster and using nothing wands kind of defeats the purpose.

I remember I made a warforged one years ago but I'd like something official.

Roguenewb
2012-05-09, 07:40 PM
There's a feat that lets you activate two wands in a round (the second eats two charges I believe) check PHB2.

There is also a prestige class called Cannith Wand Adept in....Magic of Eberron? Warning: I have absolutely no memory of if it's any good.

Artificer gets meta-magic spell completion (as does Incantatrix if your nasty). You can *burn* through wands like water if you want to. Twin Admix Empowered Orb of Fire on the way out eats like 11 charges, but deals up to 44d6.

If you combine a blastificier and that feat, I think you could probably consume thousands of GP per round. That'd be kinda fun....

Lostbutseeking
2012-05-09, 07:43 PM
Artificer into Cannith wand adept ( sharn city of towers) is pretty much the wand wielding master.

Invader
2012-05-09, 08:19 PM
There's a feat that lets you activate two wands in a round (the second eats two charges I believe) check PHB2.

There is also a prestige class called Cannith Wand Adept in....Magic of Eberron? Warning: I have absolutely no memory of if it's any good.

Artificer gets meta-magic spell completion (as does Incantatrix if your nasty). You can *burn* through wands like water if you want to. Twin Admix Empowered Orb of Fire on the way out eats like 11 charges, but deals up to 44d6.

If you combine a blastificier and that feat, I think you could probably consume thousands of GP per round. That'd be kinda fun....

I remember seeing this feat before, I think I actually used in the class I mentioned above but its been quite a while.

Invader
2012-05-09, 08:21 PM
Artificer into Cannith wand adept ( sharn city of towers) is pretty much the wand wielding master.

Thanks, I'll have to check it out. Do you also recommend taking it with artificer?