PDA

View Full Version : Is flagging a post more then once allowed?

ti'esar
2012-05-09, 11:37 PM
I've checked the forum rules, and have been unable to find any information on this.

Earlier today I sent a very brief message reporting an insulting post that I felt violated the forum rules. After a bit of thought, I decided to send a longer report elaborating on the situation, as my first message had been done in the heat of the moment. This message suffered an internal server error, and I'm not sure whether trying to re-send it would be allowed or not.

So, to clarify for this and any future instances, is it allowed to send multiple report messages about a single post? And if I accidentally sent one message twice due to forum error, would that be considered some form of spamming?

Mystic Muse
2012-05-09, 11:46 PM
I would always try to provide a decent amount of detail in your first report, and if you're worried it didn't go through because of a server error, try sending it again while noting the server error in the report.

Roland St. Jude
2012-05-09, 11:50 PM
Sheriff: We'd prefer that people take a moment and explain their report the first time around, but what you suggest is fine, especially if you have something new to add. In my experience, most things do go through even when you are shown an error, but in the event of a glitch, go ahead and resend.

Just don't re-report because you're impatient for something to be done with the post. Sometimes it takes us a while to get to your report or things need to be discussed among the mods, which takes time. Or, I suppose, sometimes our official read is different than yours. That kind of re-reporting is not appreciated.