PDA

View Full Version : Quick Eberron Query, Re: Elemental Vessels

Deth Muncher
2012-05-10, 01:48 PM
Hey all. As part of a major plot arc reward, I let my players get a Firesled, which is a Sulatar Drow item that is basically one of those flying desert skiffs from Star Wars (complete with laser Scorching Ray cannon). One of the players brought up a fairly good point, though - unless there's a way to take the elemental inside of the Firesled out to render it unusable, there's literally nothing stopping someone from rolling up and stealing it. Is there an item that lets you take the elemental out and carry it around? I feel like there is, but I can't remember anything like what it would be called.

In the event that there is not, I've given the one player a gem that when touched to the Firesled, will draw out the elemental into it, effectively taking the battery out of the car. Won't work for any other elementals, nor will it work for any other elemental vessels, so they can't go around trolling airships

Final side note: What's the name of the device you can put on an elemental vessel that will let anyone control it? Some sort of portable steering wheel or something? I don't remember what it's called, nor where it's from.

Water_Bear
2012-05-10, 02:04 PM
The Elemental Gem is bound into the heart of the vehicle, at least in terms of fluff, and I am 99% sure the whole thing is a single Wondrous Item in game terms.

If you don't want it to be stolen by random passers-by, use Arcane Lock and Alarm on it whenever you park it. If you really want it to be secure, have someone or something sit in it and guard it.

Deth Muncher
2012-05-10, 05:05 PM
The Elemental Gem is bound into the heart of the vehicle, at least in terms of fluff, and I am 99% sure the whole thing is a single Wondrous Item in game terms.

If you don't want it to be stolen by random passers-by, use Arcane Lock and Alarm on it whenever you park it. If you really want it to be secure, have someone or something sit in it and guard it.

I believe you're correct, the whole shebang is one Wondrous Item. I'm just trying to remember, I feel like there's a spell that knocks an elemental out of the container, possibly into another? Or an Infusion or a Power maybe?

Dusk Eclipse
2012-05-10, 05:09 PM
I don't have my books on hand right now; but I am pretty sure that if such infusion/spell/power etc exists it should be on Magic of Eberron. So if you haven't checked that, you should try that.

Deth Muncher
2012-05-11, 12:53 PM
I don't have my books on hand right now; but I am pretty sure that if such infusion/spell/power etc exists it should be on Magic of Eberron. So if you haven't checked that, you should try that.

Closest thing I found was an Elemental Prod, which you can use to direct elementals where to go. :/ Maybe I'm just hallucinating that such a device exists.

Dusk Eclipse
2012-05-11, 02:02 PM
Well if they are essentially wondrous items, you could abuse the crafting rules and make it work for some definition that your player's characters fit.