PDA

View Full Version : Optimization challenge.

etrpgb
2012-05-10, 02:48 PM
Lets play... optimize the craziness.

Rules:
Level 20;
First level: Commoner;
Five levels as Survivor;
Race: Gnome.

The most powerful the better.

Do not worry too much about the details, try to write a build that probably is doable and usable in a high power game.

Cheesiness not only allowed, but encouraged! (pun-pun has already been made)

dspeyer
2012-05-10, 08:38 PM
Ur-priest is the obvious solution. Keeper of Forbidden Lore will handle the spellcraft prereq. By RAW, you can take Spell Focus(Evil) without any spellcasting ability.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-05-10, 08:46 PM
Commoner 1/ Survivor 5/ Bard 2/ Ur-Priest 2/ Sublime Chord 2/ Mystic Theurge 8.

Soranar
2012-05-10, 11:19 PM
Personally I'd go for a psionic build, they don't lose that much from wasting manifester levels with practiced manifester since their level 1 powers are quite strong.

As to which class benefits the most from this tactic, I would say Ardent (their powers known are based on their manifesting pool, not their class level so , again, not much of a drawback).

So Ardent 14 would be pretty decent.

VGLordR2
2012-05-10, 11:30 PM
Just go nuts with the Chicken Infested Commoner flaw.

NOhara24
2012-05-11, 02:40 AM
Just go nuts with the Chicken Infested Commoner flaw.

This. Exalted Chicken Thrower Monk.

GreenSerpent
2012-05-11, 06:11 AM
This. Exalted Chicken Thrower Monk.

The one area where Monk is actually more badass to play than a Wizard.

etrpgb
2012-05-11, 03:34 PM
Commoner 1/ Survivor 5/ Bard 2/ Ur-Priest 2/ Sublime Chord 2/ Mystic Theurge 8.

Sublime chord needs the ability of casting 3rd level arcane spells... Ok, I said do not care too much about particulars, but it is too much...

Nice the idea of Keeper of Forbidden Lore...

This build should also take the commoner only flaw that forces monster attack him. Does anyone remember the name? (same source of the chicken one)

nedz
2012-05-11, 03:43 PM
Commoner 1/ Survivor 5/ Bard 2/ Ur-Priest 2/ Sublime Chord 2/ Mystic Theurge 8.Sublime chord needs the ability of casting 3rd level arcane spells... Ok, I said do not care too much about particulars, but it is too much...

I suspect that He's using early entry tricks or it would have to be

Commoner 1/ Survivor 5/ Bard 4/ Ur-Priest 2/Mystic Theurge 3/ Sublime Chord 2/Mystic Theurge 3

etrpgb
2012-05-12, 01:56 AM
Since we had fun... What about another?

Rules:
10 levels as Blighter

I guess it is much more difficult.

Vizzerdrix
2012-05-12, 02:46 AM
Lets play... optimize the craziness.
Rules:
Level 20;
First level: Commoner;
Five levels as Survivor;
Race: Gnome

Commoner 1/Survivor 5/Warshaper 4/Kensai 10.

You'll need the weresheep flaw for this to work. Also the aberration dragonmark feats to get DR 5/some silly metal no ones heard about.

You're going to use kensai to make yourself a Neclace of Natural Weapons with throwing and Returning. Give yourself as many natural attacks as you can and throw them (take out as many mooks as you can). make sure you're as close to the largest (by size, not CR) baddie on the field. Thanks to weresheep, it'll have to swallow you. now just wait for your weapons to return. :smallbiggrin: