PDA

View Full Version : Order of Full Attacks

dropdadgbe
2012-05-11, 11:02 AM
This is extremely nitpicky, but does anyone know if/what the rules are over what order attacks need to be made in when making a full attack?

Say for example you dual-wield with at least two attacks with each weapon. Does which weapon you use alternate? All of one before all of the other? Player's choice?

Also, do the attacks need to be made starting with the highest attack bonus and proceeding in descending order? Say for example you've got two targets: one that's easy to hit that you want to make sure dies on your turn, and another that you want to land as many of your remaining hits on as possible. Could the player work from the bottom up, using up lower bonuses on the easy-to-hit guy until he goes down, and save everything else on the harder-to-hit guy?

Honestly, I doubt anyone I play with would care. I'm just wondering for the sake of wondering.

JadePhoenix
2012-05-11, 11:14 AM
You must make attacks from highest to lowest attack bonus, I believe.

Duke of URL
2012-05-11, 11:15 AM
You must make attacks from highest to lowest attack bonus, I believe.

That's correct, but IIRC, you can interchange which hand you're using if you are TWF or MWF. But for each hand, it's always highest to lowest.

Curmudgeon
2012-05-11, 11:26 AM
That's correct, but IIRC, you can interchange which hand you're using if you are TWF or MWF. But for each hand, it's always highest to lowest.
That statement is a bit misleading. It's simply highest to lowest, not highest to lowest for each hand. At each AB number you can choose either hand, if both hands have an attack at the same attack bonus. The way you worded it it would seem that you could pick one hand and then run through all the attacks for that hand, and then switch to the other hand and repeat. However, that would violate the decreasing AB requirement.
If you get multiple attacks because your base attack bonus is high enough, you must make the attacks in order from highest bonus to lowest. If you are using two weapons, you can strike with either weapon first.

RagnaroksChosen
2012-05-11, 11:27 AM
do any of you have a link to the SRD where it says that or a page number... I can't seem to find it.

Curmudgeon
2012-05-11, 12:52 PM
It's in the Combat chapter, Full Attack Actions section. Here's the link (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/actionsInCombat.htm#fullAttack).